• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Do The Highest Rated Games Sacrifice Women

Wrong bookmark bro 😂

z9w7AcP.gif

Last edited:

Mokus

I just find it so exhausting that women get sacrificed for the sake of the plot.

I deleted my save file on Elden Ring because the woman gets sacrificed to give you power.

YAWN!

Now I lose my partner in life and have EVEN MORE work thrust on my shoulders.

The game just loses any sense of connection to me at the point of sacrifice.

That's not how the real world works.

When a woman goes down, you can easily find a new partner, so the workload isnt utterly daunting.

I feel like that should be reflected more in a game's story.

I'm looking forward to the Zelda led Game as a breath of fresh air in the industry.
I think it's about creating stronger emotions in these games. By now maybe it is a cheap trick, but when women die, unlike with men, the emotions are much stronger especially when you start to like the character/person.

IAmRei

My character is male in the first time i played. And then second is female, and in the same file i sacrifice the maiden. I think its not because a female, whoever the sacrifice is still the same impact to me. The sacrifice is needed, and i dont give a damn whoever are they, the bold line is needed to progress. There is no pity, if its needed, i do what i must. If its for greater good, their sacrifice had to be respected as the game progressed. I will burn my waifus if the story needed so.

Do this will impact me? Of course! If i dont continue the game, imagine, her sacrifice is useless. So, i respect her decision and will bring the sacrifice as resolution for the greater good. I finish the games, by seeing she died twice. Its a must, i do what i must.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Get therapy OP.
My guy has been self medicating for a while now. He's on a special cocktail of dopamine blockers, adderall, and god knows what else to cover up the pain from the mild existential crisis he's been going through after he realized games were not hitting quite the way they used to.

It's been fascinating to watch.
Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

Last edited:
Top Bottom