• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Until Dawn PS5 and PC Remake Leaks Have Sparked Until Dawn 2 Speculation

XXL

Further leaks of the PlayStation 5 and PC remake of Until Dawn have appeared online and sparked speculation over a potenial sequel to the fan-favorite horror game.

The Until Dawn remake has many changes previously announced, such as revised cinematography that uses a combination of fixed and over-the-shoulder camera views, new accessibility and usability settings such as an alternative to the Don't Move mechanic, and, now revealed via these leaks, some even more significant changes too.

flying_sq

I'm down for a second one. They are fantastic when I have a girl over, we take turns passing the controller when a new character introduced and one of us will eventually make a mistake killing the other person's character. Good times all around. I've bought each of their games for this reason.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is already known, this was the whole point of the remake and was mentioned so many times but people wasn't listening.

Gojiira

Interesting extra ending scene. Id be down for a sequel if like its implying there will be other mythological creatures.
I agree with others that The Quarry already felt like a side story/sequel anyway, I mean the entire Dark Pictures Anthology is basically that anyway or at least how I imagine Until Dawn was supposed to continue.
Guess we’ll see.

TGO

So from my understanding
Sam "Hayden Panettiere" is going to be in the Sequel?
You fuckers better buy this and make this happen!

Last edited:

bundylove

I think the market is over saturated with these type of games.

I checked out at the quarry and have no interest to go back to anither slasher game.

Detroid was dope though. I would like to have a sequel to something like that

TGO

it's good that Hayden came back for the new ending, and is obviously doing the sequel, but it's been a while anyone know what the mark is referencing?
Speaking of Hayden, she recently did an interview and was asked about the film and what she would say or advice she would give to the actress playing Sam in which she replied ""Um, excuse me. Will you get off my mark?

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kinda feel like The Quarry was a sequel to the game in that "universe"
If only the Quarry was any good...

The Quarry started out as a sequel to Until Dawn but Sony was mad that they made multiplatform games.

It’s long been assumed that Supermassive had some sort of falling out with Sony and now new sources claim that’s exactly what happened, with 2022’s The Quarry allegedly starting life as Until Dawn 2.

According to former Supermassive employees, Sony paid for the creation of an Until Dawn 2 prototype but when that was completed Supermassive attempted to shop the concept around to other publishers.

Naturally, that angered Sony and also meant that there could be no formal connection with the Until Dawn series, which is when it was renamed The Quarry and Goggle took over funding – when it was still pushing the Stadia streaming service.

The explanation comes from an article on Time Extension, but a different ex-employees claims that while The Quarry had started life as Until Dawn 2, Sony refused to be involved because they were upset that The Dark Pictures was multiformat.

TGO

Sony was mad that they made multiplatform games.
Pay to develop a game and the Devs come back after completing it telling them they're going to shop around.
I think it's a little more then "mad that they made multiplatform games"
You know exactly what your and my answer to them would be.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Pay to develop a game and the Devs come back after completing it telling them they're going to shop around.
I think it's a little more then "mad that they made multiplatform games"
You know exactly what your and my answer to them would be.

Read the article, it’s not my assertion.

TGO

Read the article, it’s not my assertion.
The article
According to former Supermassive employees, Sony paid for the creation of an Until Dawn 2 prototype but when that was completed Supermassive attempted to shop the concept around to other publishers.
Your assertion
The Quarry started out as a sequel to Until Dawn but Sony was mad that they made multiplatform games.
Anyway for those that want to see the new cutscene

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The article

Your assertion

Anyway for those that want to see the new cutscene

Did you just stop reading at that point or what?

The explanation comes from an article on Time Extension, but a different ex-employees claims that while The Quarry had started life as Until Dawn 2, Sony refused to be involved because they were upset that The Dark Pictures was multiformat.

• Surprised
Reactions: TGO

TGO

Apparently this game is now a thing... who knew.
What Until Dawn 2?
Technically we all did, it was leaked that Sony was remaking Until Dawn to reboot the franchise for a sequel but nobody was listening.
Did you just stop reading at that point or what?
I think the first one pretty much sealed the deal regardless.
The add on is a little tit for tat to make Sony look like the bad guy when the Devs did a dick move.
But I do apologise to you as you was just repeating what was said in the article.

Edit: I may miss things including full words even when typing when I'm tied 😴

Last edited:

digdug2

I thought the developer closed shop
Supermassive Games? They are still kicking, although they did undergo some major turmoil earlier this year. Their latest game, The Casting of Frank Stone, came out a month ago and takes place in the Dead By Daylight Universe.

Sleepwalker

So from my understanding
Sam "Hayden Panettiere" is going to be in the Sequel?
You fuckers better buy this and make this happen!
I watched but i dont really remember the game's ending so I've no clue what this means. Still though thanks for posting!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nope. There is a fullscreen/16:9 toggle but fullscreen is more like open matte where It cuts off some screen estate on the sides.
Or better said it's zoomed in. Like a bit too much for my liking. It looks unnaturally large on my 65 TV.

Ah, so the default presentation is 21 : 9 with black bars and 16 : 9 is zooming in, cropping the top and bottom ?

TGO

I watched but i dont really remember the game's ending so I've no clue what this means. Still though thanks for posting!
Josh & Sam's after credits scene is new so you wouldn't remember it because it wasn't there, it also means they got Rami Malek & Hayden Panettiere in to do the new scenes
Ah, so the default presentation is 21 : 9 with black bars and 16 : 9 is zooming in, cropping the top and bottom ?
So it's got a real 21:9 aspect ratio, cool

Bernardougf

What Until Dawn 2?
Technically we all did, it was leaked that Sony was remaking Until Dawn to reboot the franchise for a sequel but nobody was listening.

I think the first one pretty much sealed the deal regardless.
The add on is a little tit for tat to make Sony look like the bad guy when the Devs did a dick move.
But I do apologise to you as you was just repeating what was said in the article.

Edit: I may miss things including full words even when typing when I'm tied 😴
Nop.. big sony fan here... didnt know Until Dawn was a thing .. that demanded a remake and a sequel .. must have "blackouted" during this timeline.

TGO

Nop.. big sony fan here... didnt know Until Dawn was a thing .. that demanded a remake and a sequel .. must have "blackouted" during this timeline.
Demanded.....not really, but it's almost a decade since the original and releasing a newer version to a newer audience gains more momentum then just coming out with a sequel for a IP with release a decade ago.
While all of us Gen X & Millennials know Until Dawn and the actors portraying the characters.
Very few Gen Z do and this will be their introduction to it.
Yes it's on the PlayStation Store and yes it still looks good.
But you'll be surprised how buried and invisible it is to people who never originally played it.
Right now more people how now heard of it and will show interest.
Is it necessary? No
But the sequel will get more attention with it out there then not.

Top Bottom