• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Apocalypse Redux

I swear more than half those games in that video were glorified minigames. It's weird that everyone called the DS a gimmick when it was revealed, yet no one is calling the Wii a gimmick, even though IMO it fits the gimmick label more than the DS did.

And yes I saw RE. It looked like a point & click game. :/

ronito

Greenpanda said:
and Super Paper Mario is nowhere to be seen :/

but, hey, between Metroid and Zelda, Nintendo has a mighty roster of ... 2 titles that aren't infantile life simulations for japanese preschoolers
wow are you trying to get banned or something?

ant1532

Banned
channel_img_2.jpg

channel_1_pic.jpg

channel_2_pic.jpg

channel_3_pic.jpg

spacer.gif

channel_6_pic.gif

channel_4_pic.gif

WIICONNECT24
connect_img3.jpg

connect_img2.gif

Chris Michael said:
I swear more than half those games in that video were glorified minigames. It's weird that everyone called the DS a gimmick when it was revealed, yet no one is calling the Wii a gimmick, even though IMO it fits the gimmick label more than the DS did.

And yes I saw RE. It looked like a point & click game. :/
look who is talking the guy with the PDZ avatar

just joing, I do agree to some point, but **** it wii boxing looks good and zelda looks like the shit.

Anyone have a clue what that game was with the little blue thing that screen centered on as it fell into a cannon?

Also I'll be arsed if that video didn't get me stupidly hyped for the system. I guess even Wii games look good when the screen is that tiny.

Jiggy

Okay, the video cheered me up a bit.

I'm beginning to like the art style of Wii Sports... It's kind of like an embodiment of what computer graphics "should" be. Hard to explain, really.
That doesn't mean I'll actually buy it, because I won't. Unless it's $25 or less, and then it's a maybe. Or if that diving game is in it, because that thing looks cool.

Other than that... puzzle game looks kind of interesting, and nice to see a bit more of Fire Emblem and Pokemon, even if it reveals pretty much nothing. No SSBB footage, though, but maybe they're saving it since that doesn't use the Wii controller, which the video was pretty much centered around.

Now to look at whatever else has piled up in the time it took me to watch...

GhaleonEB said:
That video really made it sink in just how much like the Gamecube the graphics are.
Hell, if its fun, the so be it. The graphics will be better than current gen. Personally, I play all my games on the PC and when Direct X10 comes out I wont really give a crap what games look like on the 360 and PS3. All the games I want get ported to the PC anyways, so PC + Wii = happy

Foil

Zelda looks great.

Though Nintendo fans really need to try breaking the prozacs in half. You guys are freaking out over that video full of short clips? I'll never understand you guys.

Top Bottom