• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows process to decide if a game can run on your machine?

DJ_Tet

Banned
I JUST read about this program that runs through XP and may be included in Longhorn. It allows Microsoft to see if a certain program will run on your current setup.

It was in one of 100 mags I get every month (thanks Wario64 :)) but now I can't find the process or what it was called. I did some searches on microsofts website, but can't find anything.

I just got a copy of Doom III, and it won't run on my PC. I'm not particularly surprised, but I'd like to know what the bottleneck is. I'm not a PC gamer, and I am 99% sure it's my vid-card, but if M$ can tell me for sure, I'd like to hear it from them.

Anyone know of or can link to the program I'm referencing?

M3wThr33

Banned
I am totally in favor of this. That way people won't bitch any longer about games running like crap and forcing developers to spend all their time making their games run on every archaic graphics card possible.

I'm sorry, it just makes me bitter to see kids stuck playing games at 10fps on 450Mhz computers their parents bought at garage sales and think they saved a ton of money.

robochimp

6.8 said:
That tool tells me I can run HL2. I'm intrigued.

I dont think you can check Half Life 2 through that right now It says "Half Life Platinum edition 2" which is just Half Life.

Top Bottom