• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

I like the idea of the ED conceptually but it doesn't go very far with its use of more organic sounds. There's like ten things on the guy's desk but he only hits three basic ones that all carry a similar sound.
What bothers me more about the ED is that there are only 3 or so objects he'll use to play with on the desk. It just becomes dull to look at Seki hitting the same 3-4 objects in the same area/side after awhile.

Go_Ly_Dow

berserk_cap_6.jpg

Does it get more manly than that?

Giant sword? Simply trying too hard.

All Okita needs to pull it off is a chair to sit in and hat.

Really Okita? I would have given it to Haruka Nanase in Free.

Lacking a beard/facial hair.

Acosta

Well, just bear in mind that Onizuka's a perv and that isn't going away. If you don't want to put up with that, or find it intolerable to the point of poisoning his kindness toward his students, then yeah, you may be happier to just cut it. I love the show, but Onizuka being a perv didn't bother me much, so I can't say.

Intolerable is such a strong word... Nah, we will see. I have plenty of stuff to watch anyway and the two episodes were nice enough to make me interested, so I haven't discarded it or anything. Thanks for the input!

There's no anime announced that I want to watch more than Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene.

Witches and Magical girls are exactly what anime needs more of. And this is the perfect follow up to watching Little Witch Academia.

Little Witch Academia is exactly the kind of anime I love so much. And has been one of my favourite anime in recent years. But I was sad, that I might have to wait a long time for another anime like. So I'm so very excited and happy that Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene exists.

I wish I could have been there to see it. I hope it's available soon.

finished up rewatch of saki s1. that pacing is all over the place lol. still a fun enough show :D

off to saki side A which the pace is insane. Puts most ova series to shame. And why does the main girl not wear pants?

And this is easily one of the most hokey 'reasonings' behind anything lol. I'm still not sure why one needs to get to the nationals to meet friends across the country.

how much is a ticket on the train to tokyo from the boonies in japan anyways?

cajunator

Banned
No one will ever know that I'm not Yunocchi or a Strike Witch.

I know what you look like Zachy

There's no anime announced that I want to watch more than Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene.

Witches and Magical girls are exactly what anime needs more of. And this is the perfect follow up to watching Little Witch Academia.

Little Witch Academia is exactly the kind of anime I love so much. And has been one of my favourite anime in recent years. But I was sad, that I might have to wait a long time for another anime like. So I'm so very excited and happy that Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene exists.

I wish I could have been there to see it. I hope it's available soon.

have you watched Tweeny Witches or Magical Users Club?

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore 1

I must say, I wasn't expecting this show to come back for a second season immediately after the first one ended >.> Either way, this was a silly way to do a first episode. It was like... 90% recap and 10% meta-tastic trolling.
"Oh, you thought we were going to get new characters to replace the two who just graduated? Nah, we're just going to bring them back because LOL WHY NOT"

Dresden

Attack on Titan watchlist:

1~7
14~25

Some dull ones in that second stretch, but it was okay overall. You can narrow it down to like four standout episodes with good pacing, direction and animation if you want, but where's the fun in that?

Theonik

Pupipo 04
She dun goof'd now.

Attack on Titan watchlist:

1~7
14~25

Some dull ones in that second stretch, but it was okay overall. You can narrow it down to like four standout episodes with good pacing, direction and animation if you want, but where's the fun in that?
What you really mean is "Watch the 4 GIFs on Sakugabooru"

Pocket Monsters X/Y Special: Complete Overview

Paj8eUal.jpg

Basically a recap of the last dunno 10 or so episodes?

The previews for the upcoming episodes do have me hyped.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It was your tweet about everything being "really underwhelming" that made me come to the conclusion that anime is not worth talking about. If everything is shit, what's the point?
A little late to this, but if everything that's airing right now sucks there is ALWAYS older stuff to watch. The current season NEVER needs to be good. It's just nice when it happens!

So don't let a single season get you down. Just wrap yourself up in backlog and ride it out.

I tend to pick stuff up entirely on whim, though, so stuff on my own backlog can end up waiting a while. I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this regard. lol

I'll get around to Jewelpet, but you haven't even gotten to Doremi and you're despairing about anime!

Master of Killing Time 02

Bwahahaha this show is great.

Strange+ 01

This one was amusing as well. But between these two and Pupa, what's with all the shorts this season? Are budgets that bad where some of them can't put out full 24-minute episodes?

cajunator

Banned
A little late to this, but if everything that's airing right now sucks there is ALWAYS older stuff to watch. The current season NEVER needs to be good. It's just nice when it happens!

So don't let a single season get you down. Just wrap yourself up in backlog and ride it out.

I tend to pick stuff up entirely on whim, though, so stuff on my own backlog can end up waiting a while. I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this regard. lol

I'll get around to Jewelpet, but you haven't even gotten to Doremi and you're despairing about anime!

This too. I buy a lot of blurays so I can always rewatch something if I get bored of current offerings.

Mr.Jeff

Space Dandy - 02

I couldn't even make it to the halfway point. I got so bored I started thinking about watching Yamato instead. The show looks nice and basically has everything it needs to be a hilarious caper but it feels dull at this point with no indications of improving - from all that I can preach from 1 and a half episodes.

I also intensely dislike the joke idea of
google space view and universe based twitter
since while I know it's meant to be a parody of current events, it feels stupidly out of place in the setting.

That said, the concept of the entire universe bowing down to the altar of tit worship in the form of a popular restaurant change is also ridiculous so maybe it does fit.

Tonari no Seki-kun - 02
I don't know which of the pair has more problems. Still fun though.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Just watched eps 1-11, pretty damn good. Its surprising I really enjoy the battles since I was always a fan of infantry and armored warfare. I think I am reaching my limit, cant power through the remaining episodes, maybe another episode
if there is no cliffhanger :p

So I finally stopped putting off watching Pupipo!

Pupipo episode 1

Oh, this is such a joy to watch. Even better than I expected. I don't know if it's going to be a zany comedy yet. But the main character is so adorable.

But... are the episodes really only supposed to be 4 minutes long? This is too cute and enjoyable to be only 4 minutes. Oh well, I'll cherish it anyway. This is probably going to be my favourite anime of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom