• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Fuck Kamiya from TTGL.

When it comes to the manliest character in Japanese animation works it has to go to Captain Okita from Yamato 2199.

EWmof.gif
w3zymCv.jpg
p0QHO.gif

Natural manliness without trying too hard to be cool.

Phi Brain 14

Kind of happy Cubik managed to solve a puzzle on his own, but the entire episode is kind of depressing, especially by the end with the revelation.

Let's hope Ana's outing as a Solver is more... sunny.

CorvoSol

Yes, yes, I know, I knew is a very beloved series so I was sure there was something else.

I watched ep 1 and 2, I can sense the greatness
dat suplex
I may keep watching if I can bear the perverted stuff.

Well, just bear in mind that Onizuka's a perv and that isn't going away. If you don't want to put up with that, or find it intolerable to the point of poisoning his kindness toward his students, then yeah, you may be happier to just cut it. I love the show, but Onizuka being a perv didn't bother me much, so I can't say.

Oh, corvo I made a response to you last nightm, but you was gone already

I don't know if I consider the romance in Macross to be "real" or not. I grant that there was more thought put into it than in a fair amount of romance in anime these days, but I kind of felt that Hikaru got away with too much and Minmay's importance to Hikaru and Misa's relationship was unreasonable at the end, considering the sheer amount of time it had been since Hikaru had ended things with her.

Yeah I've been hyping it for months too!
You should really pay more attention!

Well I know it exists, but I've only seen Shin Mazinger Z and key parts of the original Mazinger Z, so I don't know if I'd appreciate it yet.

CorvoSol

Fuck Kamiya from TTGL.

When it comes to the manliest character in Japanese animation works it has to go to Captain Okita from Yamato 2199.

EWmof.gif
w3zymCv.jpg
p0QHO.gif

Natural manliness without trying too hard to be cool.

He looks like he's just trying to be Captain Global (who was damn cool himself.)

cShBkeE.gif

JoeFu

Banned
Nobunagun Episode 2

The action scenes are hilarious and really entertaining. At the end with the whole "we're friends" crap is kinda whatever generic stuff. Next episode preview with the fan service already.

I hope they keep to the action stuff. Hope it keeps up the fun with the action.

Now it's just a matter of which one came first.

Yurika Misumaru being a young girl captain is great, I don't care.

Nadesico could pull it off because of the way they handled it. The rot only crept in later on.

Besides, you should know well by now that Nadesico is simply the exception that proves the rule to just about everything. No other show can be judged by its standards.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It was your tweet about everything being "really underwhelming" that made me come to the conclusion that anime is not worth talking about. If everything is shit, what's the point?
Dude, I love talking about POLITICS. And you know the funny thing about that? it's constantly underwhelming and always disappointing. ;p

Things don't have to be good to be worth talking about.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 01

8nLS7W1.png
ttpSjIe.png

luFW22A.png
rZyYHAy.png

OTP FOUND

Ok well this is good, like, really good. Have no fucking clue how they'll be able to keep up the visuals but we'll see I guess. Definitely recommend people to check this out.

Here's hoping Moyoyon becomes a major part of Cecil's life as their relationship begins to develop. Get rid of the pervy frog, I already see him being an obstacle in Cecil's path to purity.

Theonik

Wizard Barristers 01
This was pretty good and they seemed to have managed to contain Umetsu. For now at least. There is to telling what is going to happen later.
Lewdness is contained entirely in a scene with the Wakamoto voiced familiar giving seductive massages.

For those whom may be unaware.

There's been rumors that an anime adaption for Akame ga Kill/Kiru will be announced soon in the next issue Gangan Joker.

Awhile ago, a site update surrounding a mystery project for the series was revealed.

http://minatosoft.com/t4p/

And now there's been a domain name for AKAME.TV opened and registered.

oLPnLjB.jpg

cajunator

Banned
rknAqS3.gif

What if someone eats it?

That hairclip does look tasty.

Is it me, or is this Winter Season shaping up to be a complete disaster? Seems to be nothing but a wall of mediocre romcoms. Almost everything I have seen so far has been mediocre, the only standout is Nisekoi because of Shaft. Heck I am getting more enjoyment out of that Little Sister Peeing Show than most of the crap the winter.

I think its just you but winter season is normally pretty weak.
Ive almost always got something to watch though so I never really tire out during a season.

I just watched half of Sakura Trick ep1 and I had to stop. Too powerful. Fake-Shaft + SDBurton's brain = dangerous. I don't think I'll be able to watch this show. >_<

If only we all saw things from SDBurtons perspective :p

Wizard Barristers - 01

Ok well this is good, like, really good. Have no fucking clue how they'll be able to keep up the visuals but we'll see I guess. Definitely recommend people to check this out.

Here's hoping Moyoyon becomes a major part of Cecil's life as their relationship begins to develop. Get rid of the pervy frog, I already see him being an obstacle in Cecil's path to purity.

Those design make me think of mezzo forte ...
Wait .....

Kuroko no Basket 2 14

New OP isn't as amazing as the first one.

I like the new ED a bit more at least.

This match is a bit less rage inducing than the last one at the very least.

Phi Brain 15

Much better than last episode. Ana is just the most amazing thing. And it ended on such a nice and positive note. Though Rook seems like he's beginning to crack.

Looks like Gammon is back up to bat, in Italy no less.

Meanwhile, I don't understand the appeal of masculine characters. Or why it matters which character is more masculine than another.

It's not like masculinity is a virtue.

Gazoinks

Wizard Barristers 1

I came into this pessimistic but hopeful, and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty enjoyable episode. Lewdness is mostly contained to the fringes. I'd rather it wasn't there at all (the massage made me cringe), but as long as it stays out there it's all good. The actual episode was pretty good, I'll keep watching.

You know what the craziest thing is, though? The protag is half Canadian. CANADIAN.

Wizard Barristers - 01
Outside of the awful CG, this was an enjoyable episode. Damn it, I have too much stuff to watch on Sundays.

Those design make me think of mezzo forte ...
Wait .....

Should I watch Mezzo Forte?

Meanwhile, I don't understand the appeal of masculine characters. Or why it matters which character is more masculine than another.

It's not like masculinity is a virtue.
We need to put you and DTL in a cage fight.

jman2050

Golden Time 13

Still really enjoying this show but man they are not even trying to make
not-Banri
likable at all. What a dick.

I'm telling you all, Ghost Banri is straight up the antagonist. He's not supposed to be likable, you're supposed to be rooting against him at every turn!

Tonari no Seki-kun 02

AcB4mpul.jpg

The most beautiful Sengoku shogi game known to name that invokes the wrath of God.

The music for this really makes this so much more amazing than it already is.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 12:
Brutal stuff. Very tough at times, but that final scene was so satisfying.
When Ippo managed to pull off the sudden stop and Sawamura realizes that he's just fucked up, that was a brilliant moment, and then he gets a taste of his own medicine.
I had some problems with the previous episode, but this one felt a lot better in that regard. Also love the Sendo, Miyata and Date commentary throughout the fight. You get a much better sense of what's going on by listening to them.

jman2050

Tonari no Seki-kin 2

Okay when the
trap doors
showed up I started dying and didn't stop until the end. Show of the forever, YokoiSeki-kunYokoi for greatest character.

Gazoinks

Tonari no Seki-kun 2

That was amazing. Such drama. So many feels. It was an emotional rollercoaster.

This is honestly probably my favorite show of the season so far. Feels weird to give that designation to a short, but here we are.

cajunator

Banned
It was your tweet about everything being "really underwhelming" that made me come to the conclusion that anime is not worth talking about. If everything is shit, what's the point?

Dont worry about that. Even in weak seasons theres always something good to watch. Talent doesnt just disappear overnight. Take a break, even out your emotions in a positive environment and give anime another shot.

Chihayafuru S1 End - Man, I think this show is just fantastic. Just top to bottom. The characters all have unique personalities, but they all manage to be pretty likable. They do a good job of making a relatively mundane game like karuta exciting. Its generally serious, but has its funny moments (fat Shinobu was fantastic). It even has the distinction of being the only show since K-On! that I actually don't skip the title sequence because of how much I enjoy the opening song. Best yet, I have a whole second season waiting for me!

glad you liked it! One of my favorites in recent years.
that OP is infectious!
S2 continues to be excellent. It needs to be licensed but Im certain it wont.

Little Witch Academia

Still so good. Perfect example of the OVA format like Riding Bean.

Death Billiards

Kills me this doesn't have 13 episodes or so. Seems like it's the kind of thing that could coast on its writing and direction even if production values were cheaper.

Did you import the bluray from Trigger store? Its waaaaaaaaaay worth the price.

Kurita

I think that's such as sad and disturbing thing to call people.

When people try to divide people into disturbing ideas like "alpha" and "beta", based upon how "masculine" or whatever they are. It makes me disgusted with the idea of gender and being a man. And it makes me not want to identity as a man at all.

As long as people think in this way, this world will never be beautiful.

I should've put a flashy sign saying "this post isn't serious", I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom