• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kill la Kill Episode 16 – The Girl Can't Help It

Creative compilation such, but the nudist beach moments were the highlights, if a few other characters on the other side could defect.

Origin story for life fibers was captivating.

Praying Gama and Monkey will.

They would make for glorious nudist members.

Maken-ki - 10
-New girl , minerva is mix of Gaf personlities. She is 60% Sdburton,20% duckroll, 12% cajunator, 8% cnet. Hard to argue that she isn't THE BEST GIRL so far and this is even with the crazy new girl that is totally crazy that the show can't stop implying but refused to show until now.

Minerva fan?

Have I ever told you you have good taste?

Soriku

Zone moments is cool, just hope it doesnt develop into something tangible sending electricity through everyone. Would really be rotten
especially if it was someone like Kagami or something. Its at its best when its focused on more real things, like Aomine dodging through all or making those shots, versus Kuroko's beam blasts

Stuff like the electricity or the beam blasts I don't take too literally. They're just there as cool visual effects, not as something actually tangible lol. For example, with the Zone, I don't think the characters are literally seeing sparks coming out of their eyeballs.

cnet128

Banned
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 4

wat

This week's plot was a little too bizarre for my liking. Between that creepy flashback and the sanity-defying climax, it all felt rather like some kind of twisted metaphor, but I'll be damned if I know what for >.>

Kate continues to be a miracle though, so it's all okay. She didn't even transform at all in this episode, so we were treated to her superior civilian form all the way through. I'm beginning to think that my previous estimates of her cuteness levels were actually under the mark, because today I was reading 600 mKn from her at the very least. She's practically breaking the goddamn scale.

So jealous of the MC who got to carry her for a good portion of the episode. >.<

CorvoSol

Yeah. One of my favorites. Simon's character arc is a thing of beauty.
I have not, though I've seen it on a few lists. Honestly, I haven't seen many 2013 shows yet. I actually the only 2013 shows I've watched are:

Attack on Titan
The Eccentric Family
Valvrave

Oh well Haruto might be a whining, mumbling wuss but at least he's not a whining, screaming wuss like Eren.

Anyway I suggest you watch The Big O. Because Roger Smith never whines, and never mumbles.

FMP 10

All you idiots had to do was follow Sousuke's orders and everything would have gone perfectly. But nooooooooooo.

People who don't listen to Sousuke tend to not be very successful. Unless they're Kaname, in the which case listening to Sousuke's advice would be hazardous to her health half the show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 3

Those magical crystals know what is up, mere repairs are not going to pass muster, it is a new season, so new yet comparable powers are needed. Anyway, the lion's share of this episode is establishing that the Cloud Knights have shot up to the tops of the local TSBA most wanted list and the team is moving to Earth to deal with them. Conversely we also see that the Cloud Knights are not actually evil, just stupid jerks who shall be dragged to the courts in chains.

People who don't listen to Sousuke tend to not be very successful. Unless they're Kaname, in the which case listening to Sousuke's advice would be hazardous to her health half the show.

She should feel bad
it's her fault the bad guys even managed to find them at the school AND rather than run she decided to tackle the kid.

cajunator

Banned
Don't you worry, Humikane has been saving pseudo-WWII settings since 200X.

Did you just insult catgirls AND censor a butt? Get out.

SojrjQq.jpg

HOOK IT INTO MY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINS.

I knew you would have something to say about that one.

Thank you, my first few posts seem to have been ignored. But that's understandable, since I'm sure you've all already discussed the shows I'm watching.

You had about 5 or 6 posts total and I assure you they all get read but like someone said not everything gets replied to.
This thread moves very quickly sometimes.

Sekai Seifuku 4

No annoying moral agenda = this show's back to being ridiculous (and not insufferable). God Natasha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaregbaofehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht so adorable. I hope Plamya-sama gets an episode soon too.

The adorableness of this show is way up there with the best of them. Some people probably just look at the outfits and think oh shit its THAT kind of show, but it isnt.

CorvoSol

She should feel bad
it's her fault the bad guys even managed to find them at the school AND rather than run she decided to tackle the kid.

Yeah get used to Kaname fucking up Sousuke's plans. It's half and half though. Half the time she fucks his plans up and things get worse, but the other half the time Sousuke needs to have his plans fucked up so he can be brought down a peg. They play really well off one another like that.

cajunator

Banned
So many people going on an NSA watchlist in this thread.

NSA doesnt care about an anime thread.

I've only seen the first episode, but it looks pretty entertaining. Kinda reminds me of Blood-C in a way.

Veeeeeery different shows. Higurashi isnt trolling. Its a lot more serious about its subject matter and the way its presented. Its surprisingly brutal sometimes though which is counter to how cute it is.

CorvoSol

NSA doesnt care about an anime thread.

Veeeeeery different shows. Higurashi isnt trolling. Its a lot more serious about its subject matter and the way its presented. Its surprisingly brutal sometimes though which is counter to how cute it is.

I wouldn't be so sure on that.

Anyway, Higurashi just reminds me of Blood-C in the sense of a quiet, small town where crazy violent stuff is gonna go down.

EDIT: Hey can I propose a video game's plot for The List? Because Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday is very much so List Material.

cajunator

Banned
Pretty sure my twitter feed is being monitored. It's all moeblobs and the only reason I can think of is "Cajunator."

Possibly but I retweet a lot of other moe contributors. I cant take all the credit here!
The world is a very moe place!

My anime buddy has never seen a mech anime of any sort, so I hopped into the 2013 anime of the year thread and randomly picked a mech show I hadn't seen yet that was on a few lists.

Valvrave the Liberator
I don't even know. I simply. Don't. Know. I'm pretty certain I ended this show on "That was awful". For so many reasons. At least the first half was entertaining. But this show alone has made me decide my only prerequisite for the next anime we watch is:

[X] Main character isn't a whiny, mumbling wuss

Please help me, Gaf.

Valvrave is one of those shows like Code Geass where you have to go into it knowing its technically bad, but so over the top fruitcake crazy that its charming.
Full Metal Panic definitely doesnt have a wuss in it nor do most mech shows. Except Evangelion of course. The wussiest wuss that ever wussed.

Have you seen Steins;Gate? Because Steins;Gate.

Steins;Gate is one of my new favorite animes. Ive watched it multiple times and kinda obsessed with Makise Kurisu.

CorvoSol

That's right, Cajunator, tell everyone to watch Full Metal Panic!

I really do feel like making a Community Thread for it, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I should make a Community Thread for a series which is over.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah. One of my favorites. Simon's character arc is a thing of beauty.
I have not, though I've seen it on a few lists. Honestly, I haven't seen many 2013 shows yet. I actually the only 2013 shows I've watched are:

Attack on Titan
The Eccentric Family
Valvrave

Also check out Tsuritama. Its VERY charming, cute, has a unique and beautiful artstyle, is pretty laid back story about a young guy with some social anxiety issues and his bonding with newfound friends in a small village through fishing. Also aliens. Seriously.

Space Dandy 1

I, uh, what?

Not sure what to make of this. Spaceballs on acid?

That is a pretty interesting description of it but it is pretty off the wall insane like spaceballs. Its definitely tripping balls.

Nordicus

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 46-50

U WRATH, BRO?

God I love Grumman so much. Also, it already feels like we're headed for a climax even if there are still a little more than a full cour worth of episodes left. Can't wait to see the fight between Briggs' men and the Homunculus army. At least I think that's an event that'll happen. Can't be 100% sure with this show

cajunator

Banned
I swear I could hear RULES OF NATURE playing in my head as she went flying. I was laughing at what was supposed to be a serious scene cause this show is so dumb.

I get why some people think that the characters are believable, and I guess people like those characters do exist, but I wouldn't want to be around them all the time and get to know their entire lives, they'd be annoying as hell.

Nana and Yana-san are the best, probably because we don't get to know them that well, otherwise the anime would probably manage to make me hate them too.

Its amazing that a guy who created perfection in toradora created this lopsided mess. the only constant being that Koko is every bit as adorably endearing as Taiga, which is what really matters anyway.

FMP 10

All you idiots had to do was follow Sousuke's orders and everything would have gone perfectly. But nooooooooooo.

Nobody ever follows orders in anime. Thats why shit goes wrong. Thats where the fun is.

I wouldn't be so sure on that.

Anyway, Higurashi just reminds me of Blood-C in the sense of a quiet, small town where crazy violent stuff is gonna go down.

EDIT: Hey can I propose a video game's plot for The List? Because Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday is very much so List Material.

NSA just doesnt give a shit about a bunch of nerds watching cartoons Corvy. We dont even go outside much and as such are only threats to ourselves.

Link Man

Banned
Oh yeah, Vincent, if you haven't seen it (and if it hasn't been spoiled for you), I'd also recommend Madoka Magica. Best if you go in knowing nothing about the show.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi - 04

This is really well-done. Super-charming and I love the chemistry between all the characters. The presentation really lends itself to making my impression of it even more glowing, and the comedic timing is great.

I was hnnngghhh'ing and laughing the whole time. Good stuff.

cajunator

Banned
That's right, Cajunator, tell everyone to watch Full Metal Panic!

I really do feel like making a Community Thread for it, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I should make a Community Thread for a series which is over.

It would likely be a pretty popular show to discuss due to its relatively "safe" nature regarding people who wont touch this thread with a 100 foot pole yet somehow like anime enough to admit it.

Coffee Samurai

So a girl gets drunk and steals a coffee machine only for it to end up being a reincarnation of a samurai that wished for an iron body.

...well that sure was fucking stupid. And kinda cheap, too.

Jarmel

Banned
Sekai Seifuku-4
While I still like the third episode better, this was another very good episode. I've been really surprised how this show has turned out as I think it's one of the better shows this season. The music that played when the area started to fall apart in the climax was really good, the guitar and flute work really made that piece stand out.

Damn, I never expected the show to be this good.

cajunator

Banned
Sekai Seifuku-4

While I still like the third episode better, this was another very good episode. I've been really surprised how this show has turned out as I think it's one of the better shows this season. The music that played when the area started to fall apart in the climax was really good, the guitar and flute work really made that piece stand out.

Damn, I never expected the show to be this good.

Its not surprising. We all knew it was going to be a good show. Something about the original presentation said "this wont be shit". Or maybe that was just my impression.

Lurky

Sekai Seifuku 4

Looks like we got an episode about the best girl. And it's an origin story too. This show has been seriously good. Even the music is great. I can't get over how awesome the OP is and that song during the big explosion was a nice touch.

Quasar

Log Horizon 18

The few times the show has faltered don't take away from the fact of how beastly the show has been in general. Uh-mazing show. The pacing of this show deserves an award as not many shows end before you realize it. In a good way. Unlike Pupa. Fuck Pupa.

I continue to be justified in putting Log Horizon at #2 in my AoTY vote. It was again a really good episode.

Nisekoi 4 - Alright. Plenty of Raku/Onodera, which is all I really want.

The recent Akame ga Kill chapter has made me realize how ridiculous the censorship is going to have to be for the show even if it gets a late night slot.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 31

Oh, come on, you call that a new finisher? You just added a metallic effect to the existing one! That's cheating!

Link Man

Banned
Sekai Seifuku 4

Looks like we got an episode about the best girl. And it's an origin story too. This show has been seriously good. Even the music is great. I can't get over how awesome the OP is and that song during the big explosion was a nice touch.

Lurky, you lied to me. The show is on Hulu, just under a different name.

Oniisama e - 01

This is probably my third or fourth attempt to watch this. I've loved what I've watched but kept doing it for some reason, but now I'm planning on completing it. Damn, I forgot how well animated some of these scenes are, and I love the designs and OP/ED. I honestly don't remember why I kept dropping it.

...also, I like to pretend that the Nanako in the show is really the Nanako from Persona 4, just for lulz.

This sounds just crazy enough to be interesting. Actually it sounds REALLY awesome.

Does it help that
another samurai was reincarnated as a playground zebra ride and he fights him
?

cajunator

Banned
Oniisama e - 01

This is probably my third or fourth attempt to watch this. I've loved what I've watched but kept doing it for some reason, but now I'm planning on completing it. Damn, I forgot how well animated some of these scenes are, and I love the designs and OP/ED. I honestly don't remember why I kept dropping it.

...also, I like to pretend that the Nanako in the show is really the Nanako from Persona 4, just for lulz.

Does it help that
another samurai was reincarnated as a playground zebra ride and he fights him
?

Yes that certainly helps its case and my curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom