• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
So, which did you find more uncomfortable: Kill la Kill's bath or Nisemonogatari's toothbrush?

I think I'll go with the bath.

Havent seen the bath scene. how bad can a bath scene be?
Ok just watched it. that didnt hold a candle to Shafts magnificently uncomfortable and iconic toothbrush scene. Not even remotely in the same league.

Finally Log Horizon 18
This show is just killing it, for episodes now which would just be dreadfully boring in similar shows easily manages to keep me hooked.
And even characters that really don't have much or any screentime at all can nearly steal the spotlight.

Krusty and Lenessia are quickly becoming my favorite part of this series.

it's one of the high point of the franchise itself

Vito

Banned
New Mahouka CM http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1at0w4 it's basically just the ED artist news tagged at the end.

Edit: speaking of magic, Amazon has the bigger pic of the package promo visual for the 3rd madoka movie

A12mZxKIPRL._AA_.jpg

Midonin

Nisekoi 04

So a study group and being trapped in a storage shed. I keep thinking this was a strange choice to give to Shaft, but their visual language continues to make the show interesting to look at. Chitoge's pretty cute, too, though I'm curious how the show would've been if the Drama CD cast had stayed on. Haruka Tomatsu and Nao Toyama give off different airs for their characters. Same for Hisako Kanemoto and Kana Hanazawa.

Link Man

Banned
Seriously though, it will take a LOT to top the toothbrush scene. Something spectacular.
Like episode 9 of Arjuna spectacular.
Yeah, I did say that I loved the characters in Monogatari, for the most part. The part I'm not too fond of is when Koyomi gets all pervy (though it does have it's charm).

bonercop

man, wizard barristers isn't what i expected. the way it was described to me made it sound like this show would be phoenix wright with wizards. I was expecting murder mysteries that involved magic, and was interested to see whether they could pull it off without making the show feel ass-pully.

...it's just a battle shonen with wizard lawyers, isn't it?

Apparently missing details for HappinessCharge Precure

- Megumi is like a reliable sister for Hime
- Hime is even more of a troublemaker than in the manga, a bit on the Erika side. Shows off.
- Ribbon and Hime spend the night at the embassy.
- There's animosity between Fortune and Hime; Fortune seems to think Hime's at fault for Terribads increasing.
- Fortune before transformation has long purple hair with nothing notable in particular.
- A female character with long hair was with Blue.
- Queen Mirage is after Hime in particular.
- Ribbon has been with Hime from birth and wants to make her into the best queen in the world
- People couldn't identify Oomori's VA

CorvoSol

awwyeeeeeeeah

But one single-line impression is not enough to sate my thirst! I need more...more! o_O

...crap, do I have a Corvo addiction?

Well my thoughts on the episode don't extend that far beyond what I said. The character designs are almost exaggeratedly cute and remind me to no small amount of School Days' designs. They're cute to the point where determining age is almost impossible for most of the characters I saw. The wall-banger
about a missing arm was nuts, but I felt the joke that preceded it was almost a little too unnatural on its own. And I think that "you can do anything to win" is going to be an ominous thing later on. That this guy just shrugged off so many other obviously wrong things is suspect, but that he at least asked around about the murders was nice. Still, it's hard to put myself in a false sense of security given the tone of the OP and the fact that very first scene in the show is a brutal murder. So thus far it's like School Days except instead of going batshit insane at the end it seems to be more obviously building toward something.

Maken-ki! - 08
After a nice period of bonding with everyone syria trap the hero in a hidden S&M room

Stats for this episode :
PSR : -12%
BSR : -17%

Still high, but not that high

S&M means Song & Music ...
...right ?

Special mention for ths stupidity of the "sweat trap" and the plushy.

Nisekoi Episode 4 – The Visit
tumblr_n0bve6MwMR1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_n0bve6MwMR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Shu was having way too much fun and I laugh from Yuki Kaji in that role too. Playing right into things knowingly and getting folks worked up, it was hilarious.

That blue stuff around the outer storehouse moments was a bit excessive.

jman2050

Nisekoi 4

I'm satisfied with the fact that Shaft seems to realize that the saving grace of this manga was the reaction faces and relishing in them. Onodera still sucks, Chitoge still luv, nothing new there.
So I'm guessing Tsugumi shows up in episode 6, possibly 7

Raku has some nerve calling Chitoge dense. Even if she sorta is...

Just as an FYI Ruri and Shuu being awesome is a continuing trend.

cajunator

Banned
Maken-ki! - 08
After a nice period of bonding with everyone syria trap the hero in a hidden S&M room

Stats for this episode :
PSR : -12%
BSR : -17%

Still high, but not that high

S&M means Song & Music ...
...right ?

Special mention for ths stupidity of the "sweat trap" and the plushy.

Hmmm. This show isnt very ambitious is it??

Midonin

World Conquest 04

I never knew what udo was until I started watching this show, and it featured into this episode more than ever. Some backstory for Natasha, too. Though I'm wondering exactly who or what Kate is supposed to be. She doesn't seem like she could be fully human, even if she still has the weaknesses of a young girl. (And a love for shows like Robot Butler, which I would totally watch.) This show's turning out to be really fun to keep track of, hitting a good mix of goofiness and gravitas. I want to see a little more of the Luka-Mugi team that is White Light, but that's what next week's for.

Hitokage made a comment I found interesting over in the OT anime thread about how the Military nerds pretty much disappeared from the scene. What exactly caused that? And would the success of stuff like GuP and other more militaristic works bring them back? Were they that big of an influence? Does the cross over between the military ala Kancolle, GuP, whatever that stupid gun show was, and the militarys new found recruting drive be part of that? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but it just really struck me given just how many of my military friends used to be anime friends but aren't any more.
Don't you worry, Humikane has been saving pseudo-WWII settings since 200X.
wcqmp4bd6ikp6.jpg

YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT

I don't usually like catgirls but Kurumi is perfection but catgirls are vapid but Kurumi is justice but catgirls are uninspiring but Kurumi is love but catgirls are bland but Kurumi is divine but sdjfhkdsgfdshgfjsahgd
Did you just insult catgirls AND censor a butt? Get out.
Also for your own consumption, Swing-Out Sisters second episode should be floating about.
SojrjQq.jpg

HOOK IT INTO MY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINS.

Hmmm. This show isnt very ambitious is it??

And then i let down my guard again ...
----------
Maken-ki! - 09
A swimsuit pool competition episode !!!
i wasn't entertainned by so much stupidity since school rumble same event

PSR: -72%
(swimsuit shots don't count as panthyshots)
BSR: + 97%
NEW RECORD
(swimsuit shots do count as breastshots)
Damn Ah this is stupid , oh this is really stupid , damn this is so fun.
Maken-Ki%21%20-%2009.jpg

narssisic teacher da best.

Overall this was stupid , too stupid , so stupid , next episode here i come.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
World Conquest 4

I, uh...I didn't understand a goddamn thing that happened in any of those backstory sequences. Ages and timelines don't seem to be adding up at all. Or something.

But anyway, aside from that, best girl gets a focus episode. So by default that makes this episode great.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - 04

Holy shit did this get me teary eyed. I mean, you have
Deko finally realizing that Nibutani is the one true Mori Summer, her idol and the reason for who she is now, and Nibutani who realizes how important her 'chuuni character' meant to her. I'm just pissed that they decided to go back to the status quo rather than taking the more respectable route of working on their newfound relationship from hereon out. What a wasted opportunity.

I said it close to a year and a half ago and I'll say it again: NibuxDeko is the OTP of Chuu2. No exceptions.

cnet128

Banned
Well my thoughts on the episode don't extend that far beyond what I said. The character designs are almost exaggeratedly cute and remind me to no small amount of School Days' designs. They're cute to the point where determining age is almost impossible for most of the characters I saw. The wall-banger
about a missing arm was nuts, but I felt the joke that preceded it was almost a little too unnatural on its own. And I think that "you can do anything to win" is going to be an ominous thing later on. That this guy just shrugged off so many other obviously wrong things is suspect, but that he at least asked around about the murders was nice. Still, it's hard to put myself in a false sense of security given the tone of the OP and the fact that very first scene in the show is a brutal murder. So thus far it's like School Days except instead of going batshit insane at the end it seems to be more obviously building toward something.

Hmm, the School Days comparison is interesting, but I can't really comment on how similar the two series may "feel" since I still haven't actually seen School Days. (I'm not sure if I ever will at this point, though I feel like I know almost the entire plot from reading people's impressions…) I can at least say for certain that Keiichi is a very different protagonist from the deplorable Makoto, though >.>

Come to think of it, back before I watched Higurashi myself, I actually used to get it confused with School Days. I believe the two shows aired at the same time and were both affected by the infamous Nice Boat incident, so regardless of any similarities or lack thereof in content, there's a certain "connection" there =p

Maken-ki - 10
My PSR & BSR counter broke ..

I can't count anymore , something broke don't get me wrong , the show is quite entertaining and i loved this episode , but i can't count ... SOMETHING HAPPENNED.
Maken-Ki%21%20-%2010.jpg

The camera angle of this show are trully something else, to think that is was impressed by to love-ru darkness..this show blow TLRD out of the water easily.
So this episode , well many things happenned.
-New girl , minerva is mix of Gaf personlities. She is 60% Sdburton,20% duckroll, 12% cajunator, 8% cnet. Hard to argue that she isn't THE BEST GIRL so far and this is even with the crazy new girl that is totally crazy that the show can't stop implying but refused to show until now.

-Flat chest girl true identity is revealed, as well as her numerous sub plots considering the MC , her girl talk actually gave several clues as to where this show is going , hopefully the season will have a satisfying finale.

-Venus team seemed to have a double role here , i like that they aren't remotely evil in that sense( would have been boring if they took this route )

JoeFu

Banned
Log Horizon 18

Lenessia's speech was awesome and so was the response of the adventurers. The next episode preview is hinting towards that scene in the OP... pls no :(

Vecks

Log Horizon 18

They finally got themselves an army, and a giant boat. Boy those crafters work quick. With only a few more episodes left(?), this looks to be the main focus of the ending. I hope this means an epic battle coming next episode.

Sekai Seifuku 4
io4JeK9kYm2fR.jpg
iJdMDRfsanRHV.jpg

Be still my beating heart.
No annoying moral agenda = this show's back to being ridiculous (and not insufferable). God Natasha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaregbaofehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht so adorable. I hope Plamya-sama gets an episode soon too.

CorvoSol

Hmm, the School Days comparison is interesting, but I can't really comment on how similar the two series may "feel" since I still haven't actually seen School Days. (I'm not sure if I ever will at this point, though I feel like I know almost the entire plot from reading people's impressions…) I can at least say for certain that Keiichi is a very different protagonist from the deplorable Makoto, though >.>

Come to think of it, back before I watched Higurashi myself, I actually used to get it confused with School Days. I believe the two shows aired at the same time and were both affected by the infamous Nice Boat incident, so regardless of any similarities or lack thereof in content, there's a certain "connection" there =p

Well "Feel" in this sense is "combination of saccharine cuteness with something very sinister lurking just beneath."

Soaking of that thread, did you enjoy the new KLK ED? :p

I actually haven't watched the new ED yet.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 18

This arc's gonna be awesome. Already is awesome. The princess' speech, gathering the army. Yeah!
Looks like next time we learn the truth of Rudy.

He is a dog.

Maken-ki! - 11 & 12
This serie achievement will be to have managed to destroy my panthyshot counter .

Other than that it ends on a nice premise for a next season ( that i will start next time )
There is a certain potential beyond the fanservice , it's just too bad that they aren't intrested to give the MC something trully intresting in regard to everything that is happenning.

Maken-Ki%21%20-%2012.jpg

Going by clichés isn't the best way to solve a situation !
The girls are alright , the characters chemistry are fine , most of the cast is cool.
But this season ended and none of the problem are solved, the power balance is still the same , the antagonists are all there.

Overlal this anime is a 6/10 ( as long as you can stomck this meal full of breast shots and panthyshots ), for everyone else , this will be a 2/10 anime.

Nisekoi - Episode 1

I'm not sure what to think about this show. The animation is lovely, and its somewhat funny (loved the Zetsubou Sensei reference). I was just never a fan of the "boy and girl made a promise to get married" story. The only difference between this and the usual, is that the main character
is forced into another relationship

I guess I'll keep watching, but I'm not a fan of the story. Hopefully something happens to mix it up.

Mature

Nisekoi - Episode 1

I'm not sure what to think about this show. The animation is lovely, and its somewhat funny (loved the Zetsubou Sensei reference). I was just never a fan of the "boy and girl made a promise to get married" story. The only difference between this and the usual, is that the main character
is forced into another relationship

I guess I'll keep watching, but I'm not a fan of the story. Hopefully something happens to mix it up.
Yeah, it's pretty cliche-ridden. Which sort of snuffs out the excitement I otherwise have for it. Hope to see it break expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom