• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Oniisama e 1
Y2hh4yh.png
Haha, when the music started playing during that scene, pretty hilarious stuff.

Gazoinks

Nisekoi - Episode 1

I'm not sure what to think about this show. The animation is lovely, and its somewhat funny (loved the Zetsubou Sensei reference). I was just never a fan of the "boy and girl made a promise to get married" story. The only difference between this and the usual, is that the main character
is forced into another relationship

I guess I'll keep watching, but I'm not a fan of the story. Hopefully something happens to mix it up.

Yeah. Moment-to-moment it's a pretty decent romcom, so it's a shame the setup is so incredibly tired and cliche.

Future Card BuddyFight - Episode 5 [Dub]

The CG in this, my goodness it can get pretty bad at times! As for the actual story Gao didn't really do that much this episode he just stood around with his mouth open witnessing the most ridiculous looking creature (Armorknight Cerberus) fighting an alright looking creature (Jackknife Dragon).

It was mostly Tasuku the Buddy Policeman to hand down hard Buddy Justice on Wolf the Master of the Buddy Evil Deck thingy. Using the power of Future Force, Tasuku went Super Saiyan 3 which allowed him to use his BuddyFight cards as weapons (Wolf also could do that using some unknown power of some sort). After much back and forth a satellite exploded and the battle ended.

In the next episode Wolf feels like challenging Gao to hurt Tasuku's feelings.

I honestly can't wait for next week's episode. It's just so fun to watch (and cringe at the word 'buddy')!

Buddy Count: 60
Buddy Count Total: 262

Log Horizon 18
So they an army and are now planning to beat goblins and make a Non-Aggression Pact with Eastal. Somehow, I don't think end well. There's too little conflict

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I've got the results but I have to go through posts for some nice quotes. My my my is it interesting. Even with all the penalty points the late comers gave Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku it's only got 7th place.

Gazoinks

Nisekoi 4

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO THICK. But best girl romance is progressing so it's okay.

I think it's actually impossible to write an anime romance without the "oops we accidentally fell on top of each other" thing happening at some point. It's the law.

So I've got the results but I have to go through posts for some nice quotes. My my my is it interesting. Even with all the penalty points the late comers gave Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku it's only got 7th place.

Worse that the teaser of a trailer , BGBW teases !!!

---------------
Sekai seifuku - 04
Good episode , filled with nice moments. i like it.
Sekai%20Seifuku%20-%20Bouryaku%20no%20Zvezda%20-%2004.jpg

Well then everything's fine then
It wasn't hard to follow and it was decent develloppement for 2 characters , i like it.

Still wondering why , as opposed to everyone , kate room is empty

My anime buddy has never seen a mech anime of any sort, so I hopped into the 2013 anime of the year thread and randomly picked a mech show I hadn't seen yet that was on a few lists.

Valvrave the Liberator
I don't even know. I simply. Don't. Know. I'm pretty certain I ended this show on "That was awful". For so many reasons. At least the first half was entertaining. But this show alone has made me decide my only prerequisite for the next anime we watch is:

[X] Main character isn't a whiny, mumbling wuss

Please help me, Gaf.

Gazoinks

My anime buddy has never seen a mech anime of any sort, so I hopped into the 2013 anime of the year thread and randomly picked a mech show I hadn't seen yet that was on a few lists.

Valvrave the Liberator
I don't even know. I simply. Don't. Know. I'm pretty certain I ended this show on "That was awful". For so many reasons. At least the first half was entertaining. But this show alone has made me decide my only prerequisite for the next anime we watch is:

Please help me, Gaf.

Have you watched Gurren Lagann?

Link Man

Banned

Valvrave the Liberator

Please help me, Gaf.
Have you seen Steins;Gate? Because Steins;Gate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Higurashi has all the hallmarks of a terrible DEEN production but it's a much better story than Another.

Its amazing how good Higurashi was in spite of everything it had going against it that should have made it terrible.

Umineko is what it should have been but somehow wasn't.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oniisama e 1

Haha, when the music started playing during that scene, pretty hilarious stuff.

Awwwww yeah! Looking forward to your impressions!
==================================

Getting back into Shinovi Versus and currently playing the Hebijo storyline, this girl Ryona is such a masochist. Love it!

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 42
tumblr_n0c0o2JRBb1rm0imuo1_500.gif

Sakurai fans just have it all bad this whole match
perhaps in the next episode he can do something to reddem himself. Thought it would happen this episode but he was just treated even worst with that foul at the crucial moment and then even looking like he was about to crey hard :(

Zone moments is cool, just hope it doesnt develop into something tangible sending electricity through everyone. Would really be rotten
especially if it was someone like Kagami or something. Its at its best when its focused on more real things, like Aomine dodging through all or making those shots, versus Kuroko's beam blasts

Gazoinks

Yeah. One of my favorites. Simon's character arc is a thing of beauty.
I have not, though I've seen it on a few lists. Honestly, I haven't seen many 2013 shows yet. I actually the only 2013 shows I've watched are:

Attack on Titan
The Eccentric Family
Valvrave

It's not a mech show, but Yamato 2199 is pretty awesome.

And if you're looking for a show where the protag isn't a whiny, mumbling wuss, totally watch Flowers of Evil.
Note: Sarcasm :p

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 17

Game is still not over and we finally see what Aomine's next level is.

Remember in the first game Imayoshi teased that Aomine had another level and it's unleashed in this game (The Zone). I thought they handled the animation pretty well for The Zone.

We should get the end of the match in the first half of the next episode.

It's not a mech show, but Yamato 2199 is pretty awesome.

And if you're looking for a show where the protag isn't a whiny, mumbling wuss, totally watch Flowers of Evil.
Note: Sarcasm :p
I just noticed last night how many people had 2199 on their top anime list for 2013. I'm hoping the fact Battlestar Galactica is one of my favorite TV shows will make me love 2199 even more.

I think I'll fire up Stein's Gate and 2199 next.

Articalys

How many responses should I wait for in the Winter survey? We're up to 31 right now but given how quickly this thread has grown in size I'm not sure if even that's enough to give enough variety.

Midonin

ImoCho 05

Doing naughty things with the other gender's swimsuits. A bikini is not a handkerchief. Though it could be worse, he could've been using the top as a cup holder. Or maybe that only works for Yukina. Also, I was wondering when Hiyori was going to get a physical body. Turns out that's now. The plot thickens. Also other things.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Valvrave the Liberator

Please help me, Gaf.

Golden Boy
Inferno Cop

You can't go wrong.

How many responses should I wait for in the Winter survey? We're up to 31 right now but given how quickly this thread has grown in size I'm not sure if even that's enough to give enough variety.

Link to the survey, plz?

EDIT: nvm, I found it.

FMP 8

I guess I'll start spoilering stuff now, just in case.

A mech powered by
fighting spirit, amazing lol. And don't worry guys Gauron is totally dead it's not like I see him in one of the stills for a later episode.

Log Horizon 18

The few times the show has faltered don't take away from the fact of how beastly the show has been in general. Uh-mazing show. The pacing of this show deserves an award as not many shows end before you realize it. In a good way. Unlike Pupa. Fuck Pupa.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon 18

The few times the show has faltered don't take away from the fact of how beastly the show has been in general. Uh-mazing show. The pacing of this show deserves an award as not many shows end before you realize it. In a good way. Unlike Pupa. Fuck Pupa.

Why is Pupa only 4 minutes long, why?

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 4

Ruri and Shu really are the bestest side characters. Love those two so much.

Anyway, this episode had tons of Raku and Onodera being adorably awkward around each other, so it's a winner in my book. (It also had Chitoge/Raku developments, but screw that.) Enjoying this adaptation muchly.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
No-Rin 4

season of SDBurton continues

Another show I need to check out? @_@

============================

Wizard Barristers - 03

Did they just really show a scene of girls talking to each other while they're on the toilet? LOL

Looks like there will be some sort of fanservice in the BD, judging from that fast cut when Cecil's shorts were pulled down by that pervy frog.

Gbraga

Golden Time 16:

Why do I still watch this? God this show can be really annoying.

Nisekoi 4 in the other hand was great, Chitoge being best girl as always *3*

Have someone already updated the list with Samurai Flamenco?

Gbraga

I'm not done watching Golden Time 16 but how can someone say this is grounded when the dad slaps her so hard she went flying? No words, only slaps. All that played along with some sad music and her crying on the ground.

This is melodramatic as fuck.

I swear I could hear RULES OF NATURE playing in my head as she went flying. I was laughing at what was supposed to be a serious scene cause this show is so dumb.

I get why some people think that the characters are believable, and I guess people like those characters do exist, but I wouldn't want to be around them all the time and get to know their entire lives, they'd be annoying as hell.

Nana and Yana-san are the best, probably because we don't get to know them that well, otherwise the anime would probably manage to make me hate them too.

Does it improve after the first episode? I'm not sure if I should spend my time on it.

I think the general consensus in terms of quality of the episodes is :
4>2>1>3

So the question, "does it improve" is yes and no. Since the show doesn't follow any sort of overarching plot you could easily just skip to episode 4 to see the best the show has offered up until this point and make your decision based on that. You'll be doing so under the knowledge that everything is downhill from there. For me at least I think the show is definitely entertaining enough to not drop entirely but given it's pedigree it should be a lot better than it is.

Noragami is the better Bones show this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom