• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisico

This season is so bad, if it wasn't for Space Dandy there wouldn't be any "100% want to watch" show.
Will check the odd Nobunaga thing, otherwise I have no idea, nothing seems interesting, most likely there will be one or two shows I'll end up catching up because they will be decent, but still.

Good thing there's still, Log Horizon, Kill la KIll, Yowamushi Pedal, Samurai Flamenco, Gunpla and Hunter x Hunter airing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why would I like Shinobu when basically every other character is her better?

ugh-disgusted-o.gif

also this is a better teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8kIJbHANgs

This season is so bad, if it wasn't for Space Dandy there wouldn't be any "100% want to watch" show.
Will check the odd Nobunaga thing, otherwise I have no idea, nothing seems interesting, most likely there will be one or two shows I'll end up catching up because they will be decent, but still.

Good thing there's still, Log Horizon, Kill la KIll, Yowamushi Pedal, Samurai Flamenco, Gunpla and Hunter x Hunter airing.

I thought Buddy Complex is the one that makes it self to be a must watch, while everything else, seems like it might be worth waiting to see peoples reception after the first episode, third episode, and fifth episode. Even for Space Dandy, receptions been slightly mixed even.

Fisico

I thought Buddy Complex is the one that makes it self to be a must watch, while everything else, seems like it might be worth waiting to see peoples reception after the first episode, third episode, and fifth episode. Even for Space Dandy, receptions been slightly mixed even.

After Valvrave and others snoozefest by Sunrise I tend to be more skeptical, Buddy Complex could be one of those show I'll end up catching up though.

789shadow

Banned
That's because there are two types of people in this world: people who recognize that Space Dandy will SAVE ANIME, and people who are WRONG

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Kaiki is pretty swag, he should let his hair down more often, even me, a hterosexual couldnt resist him in that shower scene,

Firemind

So here are my very, very brief thoughts on what caught my eye in winter season based on what I read and watched. I didn't add the title of the show to keep things fresh and fun!

Yuuya and Mitsuki move in together after their parents get married. However, Mitsuki is possessed by a ghost that’s in love with her new stepbrother and threatens Mitsuki that she’ll die unless she helps her experience love with him.

How lewd.

Aoba’s suddenly attacked by a giant robot and soon after becomes a robot pilot fighting in a war alongside his classmates and a strange young man who he shares his destiny with.

What a strange title. Love Complex, okay, but friend complex for a mecha show. Huh.

The East and West planets were once connected, but their link was severed and they proceeded on their own. After a long period of war, the West planet achieved peace. Jeanne d’Arc is born and prophesized to save the world. Connection is reestablished with the East planet but it’s still in the grip of war, so she and Leonardo da Vinci travel there to find Nobunaga who’s said to have the power to change the world.

*head explodes*

Sequel series. The continuing lesbian adventures of a mahjong club and its futile quest to find Nodoka a bra that fits.

Interesting plot.

Kenji likes to believe that he’s a bad boy, but then he runs into a game-making club of girls far more out-of-control than him and gets forced into joining their club.

Oh boy, I can't wait for these wacky hijinks to ensue!

Sequel series. The continuing adventures of a bunch of melodramatic ninnies who for the first 1-3 episodes have imaginary overanimated battles.

Bwahahahaha.

Green Leaves Entertainment used to be a successful talent agency, but has lost every one of their clients. To save the business, they decide to create their own idol group from nothing.

So are idol shows the 'in' thing now?

Raku and Chitoge are the kids of rival gang leaders. The gangs come to a peace and the two of them are forced to pretend like they’re a couple even though they hate each other.

Oh. Hey. This seems like it has the potential to be a decent comed- [Studio: Shaft] Oh.

Humans and wizards live together, but due to the power of magic, there have to exist special courts for trying wizards according to magical law. Cecile has just become the youngest wizard barrister ever.

This. Looks. AWESOME.

Sequel series. The continuing adventures of large breasted women with fighting powers or something, and some random loser who can blow off pants.

Watch for the tits; stay for the tits.

The bloody eleventh iteration of Pretty Cure. This time based around desserts and dancing, because idols are the totally hot new thing.

Well, that answers my question.

And so ends my contribution for today.

Kansoku

Non Non Biyori 12

You don't just look cute, you are cute.

I really enjoyed this. The outdoor backgrounds looks really nice, and the music and the slower pace fits the country setting. Don't think it needed that much senpai obsession though.

Still... I give it 4.5 Koma-plushies out of 5.
aVmDCaz.png
aVmDCaz.png
aVmDCaz.png
aVmDCaz.png
GCgrUGy.png

Any chance of a second season?

Jintor

Oh my god, I forgot Seitaki Yakuinodono was back this season. Yes! I'll have a look at that, Space Dandy, Tonari no Seki and Wizard Barristers.

But first I'll watch Yamato and Gunbuster.

Yeah.
Shinobu is the best character and no one can deny that. NO ONE.

;_;

So true ...so true ..

--------------
Anyway my pick for winter season

WILL WATCH:
-Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha ~Owarinaki Tabi~
-Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission
-Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie
-Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
-Mouretsu Pirates Movie
-The iDOLM@STER Movie: To the Glittering Other Side!
-Space☆Dandy
-Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions II: Chuu Harder
-Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
-Saki Zenkoku-hen
-Sakura Trick
-Seitokai Yakuindomo*

WILL TRY ( 3 or 2 ep rule ):
-Recently, My Sister is Unusual
-Buddy Complex
-D-Frag
-Hamatora the Animation
-Cool-headed Hoozuki
-Magical Warfare
-Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
-NIsekoi
-Nobunaga the Fool
-Nobunagun
-Noragami
-Sekai Seifuku ~ Bōryaku no Zvezda
-SoniAni -Super Sonico the Animation-
-Strange+
-Wake Up, Girls!
-Witch Craft Works
-Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil
-Z/X IGNITION
-Toei Robot Girls Z
-Tonari no Seki-kun

Non Non Biyori 12

You don't just look cute, you are cute.

I really enjoyed this. The outdoor backgrounds looks really nice, and the music and the slower pace fits the country setting. Don't think it needed that much senpai obsession though.

Any chance of a second season?

I guess I just didn't enjoy this as much as everyone else. It had its moments, almost all of which involved Renge, but overall I thought it was more depressing than it was endearing. Everything was like a sad version of what happens in every other SOL show.

Quasar

I guess I just didn't enjoy this as much as everyone else. It had its moments, almost all of which involved Renge, but overall I thought it was more depressing than it was endearing. Everything was like a sad version of what happens in every other SOL show.

Depressing? Sad? I don't even know where that comes from. It was pretty joyous.

Depressing? Sad? I don't even know where that comes from. It was pretty joyous.

It was like watching a video of poor kids in Africa playing soccer in a dirt field with a ball made up of plastic bags stuffed and tied together. Especially early on when Renge seems depressed about the idea of living in the country, and then they don't really go into that at all. I think if there was an episode or two where they took a trip into Tokyo or some big city I think that could have been really fun.

Theonik

My season is looking like:

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - Maybe
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nobunaga the Fool
Sakura Trick - The shit I do for lillies
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
Space☆Dandy
Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil
Pupipo!
Toei Robot Girls Z
Bushi Road - Maybe

Movies/OVAs
Majokko Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
iDOLM@STER: The Movie

Continuing
KILL LA KILL
Gundam Build Fighters(?)

CorvoSol

Only behind Hachikuji, only behind Hachikuji brother.
you better be kidding! lmao

The only characters who I could honestly say I don't like more than Shinobu are Karen, Gaen and Platform Shoes. The others entertain me more. I'm not a big fan of Shinobu, and as angry as this will make some people to hear it, I kinda feel like the author plays favorites with her.

Aikatsu! 15

Seriously, considering how much Otome the Creamhorn Lemonade spouts out "Love you", you'd think she'd fuck everything that moves.

And right after thinking that, she glomped a random old lady. I'd hate to see what she would do if she was paired up with Mana in hopes of ruling over everyone harem style.

I also thought Otome already had the goods needed for a special audition, but I guess not. And apparently there's going to be a two parter. Neat. Time to deal with the
Mizuki partnership

Quasar

I'm not a big fan of Shinobu, and as angry as this will make some people to hear it, I kinda feel like the author plays favorites with her.

Thats what I think about Hanekawa, as much as I love her. Everyone, esp Hitagi, has suffered for the constant Hanekawa spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom