• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Thats what I think about Hanekawa, as much as I love her.

Oh he definitely plays favorites with Hanekawa, too. Hanekawa and Shinobu are pretty clearly the author's pet girls. It'd be hard to argue he doesn't play favorites with Hanekawa when she's had more screentime than basically every other girl at this point. Except, possibly, Shinobu.

Owwari

Banned
The only characters who I could honestly say I don't like more than Shinobu are Karen, Gaen and Platform Shoes. The others entertain me more. I'm not a big fan of Shinobu, and as angry as this will make some people to hear it, I kinda feel like the author plays favorites with her.

He does I concur, it's because she's a fan favorite afaik. Only beaten by Senjougahara but that girl knows no boundaries.

Quasar

It was like watching a video of poor kids in Africa playing soccer in a dirt field with a ball made up of plastic bags stuffed and tied together. Especially early on when Renge seems depressed about the idea of living in the country, and then they don't really go into that at all. I think if there was an episode or two where they took a trip into Tokyo or some big city I think that could have been really fun.

Thats just some 'grass is greener' feeling imo.

CorvoSol

He does I concur, it's because she's a fan favorite afaik. Only beaten by Senjougahara but that girl knows no boundaries.

Which is hilarious because I kinda think that, aside from Kanbaru, Senjougahara is the girl with the least screen time. Not counting characters introduced from Nise onward.

After Valvrave and others snoozefest by Sunrise I tend to be more skeptical, Buddy Complex could be one of those show I'll end up catching up though.

1367601743326.gif

Touch 2: Farewell Gift

"But the future refused to change."

Compilation movie of the second year of the Touch timeline. Plotwise, the movie doesnt have much to do with the series second year,
it's like the start of the second year then they jump to the third year. Fuck you Nishimura, they killed Kuroki, they killed Yoshida that little fucker(YES!!), there's a new manager Izumi-chan.
What are they going to do with the
games on their
third year?

Hattori

Banned
It was like watching a video of poor kids in Africa playing soccer in a dirt field with a ball made up of plastic bags stuffed and tied together. Especially early on when Renge seems depressed about the idea of living in the country, and then they don't really go into that at all. I think if there was an episode or two where they took a trip into Tokyo or some big city I think that could have been really fun.
48wk98i.jpg

Owwari

Banned
Which is hilarious because I kinda think that, aside from Kanbaru, Senjougahara is the girl with the least screen time. Not counting characters introduced from Nise onward.

Yeah, totally.
She has been relegated to support character after so many cursed girls appeared and she stays as the only one without special powers or any redeemable spirit-oriented quality.
On the other hand, she's the MC's woman, and she's done a hell of a job saving Komoyi's ass and protecting him her way.

I think she'll go back to the spotlight in the last, upcoming novels.

CorvoSol

The problem with main girls in Light Novel series is that there will always be a Melissa Mao who is actually infinitely better than her.

Always.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 12

I'm pretty sure what they did with that tree was suicidal.

And the freestyling during "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" was dumb.

And goddamn, Ichigo climbed the ranks fast. She's already about to get paired with Mizuki. And this is only a quarter of the way through the first season. Where do things go from there? Maybe she falls off the ladder and has to climb it again or something like that.

My winter list looks like:
Space☆Dandy
Chuu22
D-Frag
Silver Spoon S2
Tonari no Seki-kun
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Inari Konkon
Mikakunin
Nisekoi
Nobunagun
Nobunaga the Fool
Noragami
Pupa
Saki 2: Still no Pantsu
SYD 2
Sekai Seifuku
Witchcraft Works
Wizard Barristers
Z/X Ignition (Miyukichi why do you do this to me!?)
Robowaifus

God dammit, I hope some of this is awful even for my standards!

Dresden

Get ready for my new light novel, The Main Girl is Always Terrible, so My Love Interest Will Be the Side Girl But I'll Pretend to Go After the Main Girl as a Ruse!!'.

Aikatsu! 12

I'm pretty sure what they did with that tree was suicidal.

And the freestyling during "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" was dumb.

And goddamn, Ichigo climbed the ranks fast. She's already about to get paired with Mizuki. And this is only a quarter of the way through the first season. Where do things go from there? Maybe she falls off the ladder and has to climb it again or something like that.

That would be kind of neat, although I expect that more as a finale or something.

jman2050

Get ready for my new light novel, The Main Girl is Always Terrible, so My Love Interest Will Be the Side Girl But I'll Pretend to Go After the Main Girl as a Ruse!!'.

Isn't this basically Nisekoi?

Except for, you know, the main girl being awesome and the side girl being a wet sack of potatoes

Brb , getting in touch with kadokawa ... they will be ready for the contracts papers to sign ASAP.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This season is so bad, if it wasn't for Space Dandy there wouldn't be any "100% want to watch" show.
Will check the odd Nobunaga thing, otherwise I have no idea, nothing seems interesting, most likely there will be one or two shows I'll end up catching up because they will be decent, but still.

Good thing there's still, Log Horizon, Kill la KIll, Yowamushi Pedal, Samurai Flamenco, Gunpla and Hunter x Hunter airing.

There is a reason why the Winter season is the smallest of them.

The best part about this is you'd still have idiots arguing over which girl was going to win in the end.

kiryogi

Banned
While I am very, very against sexualizing lolis, I am willing to make a lot of exceptions to things when
someone is about to die.
Since
Hachikuji was about to die for real, and since her relationship with Araragi was more as his best friend than object of sexual affection the way that Senjou, Hanekawa and Kanbaru are, it felt less creepy that Hachikuji would hold his hand just before her death and kiss him farewell. That last episode hit hard enough to really sell me on it, largely because I had been expecting the inescapable conclusion that Araragi would fail and would not save Mayoi from the moment he had prevented her death back in Mayoi Zombie.

To be entirely fair, I hadn't yet seen the last arc in the show. In honesty my love for Shinobu Time is derived entirely from that last episode because
it really is a sweet send off to a likeable character.
Permitting me to rearrange, since I have since finished the show, and being fair and grading Shinobu Time as a whole and not biasing it in favor of that last episode, the new rating would go thus: Tsubasa Tiger > Hitagi End > Nadeko Medusa > Shinobu Time > Mayoi Zombie.

Tsubasa is up top because frankly it's 3 arcs worth in the making and they pull it off without a hitch. How y'all keep calling that the worst arc in the show is beyond me. Hitagi End comes in second because it has the best narrator in the entire show, provides some desperately needed development for Hitagi, as well as Nadeko and Kaiki, has the best OP in the series, and the glorious Manservice shower sequence. Medusa comes next because its twist was stellar, and because while we were all distracted by the other storylines there was a fair amount of background setup for this one. Also because it jived with me, personally. Shinobu outranks Mayoi because I like Mayoi more than Shinobu, and because, while the two arcs are intertwined and similar in a lot of ways, Mayoi's big moment is infinitely better than Shinobu's. Also I like Mayoi more than Shinobu.

A final rating of girls thus far ensues:

Kaiki
> Araragi's mom > 90's Senjougahara > Tsubasa Cat > Tsubasa > Senjougahara > Kanbaru > Grown up Mayoi > Grown up Shinobu >
Medusa Nadeko
> Tsuhiki > Platform Shoes > Karen > Nadeko > Little Mayoi > Gaen > Ononoki > Little Shinobu > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Getting hit in the back with a katana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being split in half by a cat demon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> running into a demon telephone pole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other undesirable events and outcomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ougi

I can't help but wonder if the next season will somehow make Ougi out to be good and Nisio really troll us D:

LordCanti

Yamato 2199 End

Like with Macross (OG), I think that this show went on one or two episodes longer than necessary, but it was a pretty good ending nonetheless. The lore is
reallll foggy, and I'd like to know more about Iskandar's history
but they did enough that it worked.

I'd slot this in right beneath From the New World on my AOTY list (which makes it like, 6-7).

3oApdypl.png

Taruranto

After Valvrave

aYyp2Wj.png

and others snoozefest by Sunrise I tend to be more skeptical, Buddy Complex could be one of those show I'll end up catching up though.

Buddy Complex was that show that was originally created as fujoshibait, but since the director didn't like it, he started to heavily change the script.

Expect a clusterufuck.

CorvoSol

You really would like Another. The MC and you are on the same wave patterns.

Oh yes, watch Another Corvo-kun

Are we talking about Full Metal Panic! Another? Because I don't know that that can be watched.

I can't help but wonder if the next season will somehow make Ougi out to be good and Nisio really troll us D:

My dislike of Ougi comes completely from the fact that she creeps me the Hell out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
another is so boring. how is this not a show that was lost to time yet?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
wtf guys you're not allowed to hit 20k posts in the daytime.

Reaffirming my claim to Winter OT2.

So, new thread.

This season seems pretty weak, but it's winter, so that's to be expected. Will definitely watch Space Dandy, Nisekoi (only because Shaft is doing it, though), Nobunaga the Fool (because I wanna see Kawamori be Kawamori), and I might check out Tonari no Seki-kun because the premise seems amusing. I'll probably also watch whatever gets really good impressions. My watch lists always end up being bigger than I initially plan them to be, so I expect at least one or two other things.

After
killing kaiki ? she is evil ... and if i'm trolled by Nisio he better have some serious explanation for it.
Log Horizon episode 13
crusty smooth as fuck
shiroe needs to claim his woman already.

Did you miss minori or akatsuki ? Shiroe doesn't need to claim anything it's already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom