• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if you aren't a mom, why would you make a movie about being a single mother?

If making a film about something required it to be a facet of your own life, we'd only have films about a very limited number of things. I don't think there's quite the diversity among filmmakers as there is within the population as a whole. Granted, being a mother is much more common than some things there are films about, but my point stands.

Witch Craft Works 1

Good. I hope this follows the manga exactly just so I can go back to reading it when it's over.

Screw bi-monthly series and my inability to remember what happened in the last chapter with them.

Branduil

Has the director of Yamato 2199 ever even captained a starship in order to save the Earth? Why doesn't he make something he's actually experienced?

Nordicus

If making a film about something required it to be a facet of your own life, we'd only have films about a very limited number of things. I don't think there's quite the diversity among filmmakers as there is within the population as a whole. Granted, being a mother is much more common than some things there are films about, but my point stands.
Does the phrase "Poe's Law" need to be mentioned somewhere here?

Witch Craft Works 1

Good. I hope this follows the manga exactly just so I can go back to reading it when it's over.

Screw bi-monthly series and my inability to remember what happened in the last chapter with them.

Well it's a monthly series now even though the translations are probably slow enough to make it feel like a bi-monthly series.

Also, based off who pops up in the OP, this adaptation might even reach the current arc the translations are up to oddly enough.

Branduil

I'm pretty sure Orson Welles never died as a major media magnate who dreamed only of his favorite childhood sled. What a hack.

wonzo

Banned
Vittorio De Sica never got caught stealing a bicycle out of sheer desperation. What a waste of celluloid that film was.

CorvoSol

Some morons on the ANN podcast criticized Mamoru Hosoda for making Wolf Children when he's not even a single mother so how could he know how to raise 2 wolf kids. Its kinda turned into an AnimeGAF meme now.

Ooooh. This is what I get for skipping for a week.

Aikatsu 21

BdWpqJqCUAAFce-.png

You existed for 3 episodes! 3 EPISODES! And you get shot!
by a fake arrow

Well in a sense, the winners of the drama audition were rather obvious the moment you see who was previously involved with it, but hey! THERE WAS A FIGHT SEQUENCE! That alone made this the best episode so far.

wonzo

Banned
Sergei Eisenstein must've been the baby in that carriage rolling down the Odessa Steps, lest his whole existence be a complete farce!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ooooh. This is what I get for skipping for a week.

Why do you think I posted all of that Wolf Children MLP art in the Awesome Fanart thread? This was the same review that described the art style as "closer to deviantart than Ghibli", because ANN reviewers are pros at making up complete bullshit just because it sounds critical.

sonicmj1

You guys are looking at it all wrong.

Sure, many of those characters have weird, singular experiences. But fundamentally, they're all men, and we, as men, know what that's like. Mothers, on the other hand, are women: strange, mysterious creatures that operate under different rules. There's no way for a man to understand or relate to girls, much less mothers.

zeroshiki

Why do you think I posted all of that Wolf Children MLP art in the Awesome Fanart thread? This was the same review that described the art style as "closer to deviantart than Ghibli", because ANN reviewers are pros at making up complete bullshit just because it sounds critical.

Sadamoto am cry. :lol

Have they ever commented about the Eva manga ever? That would be delicious irony.

CorvoSol

The meme has been going around here for a while now.

Look, last night I thought Gundam was 20 years older than Macross. I'm stupid. And belligerent.

To encourage people to vote for Wolf Children for AOTY?

In order to distract people from this blunder of mine Look what I found guys!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have it on good authority that Hayao Miyazaki did actually fly a red airplane in WW1 and subsequently get turned into a pig.
Funny enough, Ikuhara runs around pulling swords out of girls all the time.

I guess the joke's been explained, but sorry you got caught up in it. lol

Noragami 1

The superior BONES premiere of the season. Kotaro Tamura has some real talent as a director. There was some real atmosphere in here that the manga-style humor managed to not detract too much from. Great sound direction, and Iwasaki's music is being put to good use. Fun stuff.

Crocodile

Can we kill the "how can X do Y if they've never experienced Z' meme already? For people who love to hate on the Bandareas.gif and similar memes, you sure do love to prop up shitty ones :/

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Space Dandy - 01

The animation and color palette were interesting but the first episode didn't knock my socks off and I went into this with no hype. I'll keep watching because there's aspects to just about everything in the series I might come to really enjoy however the main character fell flat.

...but damn its visually interesting

Seitokai Yakuindomo Season 2 - 01

Most anime skate the knife edge of decency and lewd even previous seasons of this series however this first episode of this new season (which seems like the first in a while for the series) was skating the edge between lewd and crude. I SAID WOW!
The pubic hair falling from between her legs
was about the crudest thing I've seen in a while.

The student council announcement moment was perhaps the only thing that felt inline with the old seasons' tone and humor until, of course, it was ended with a random crude pun.

Will keep watching in hopes they'll dial it back a little. It seems like they were trying to hard to remind everyone who the cast is and how far they can push the envelope.

Narag

Can we kill the "how can X do Y if they've never experienced Z' meme already? For people who love to hate on the Bandareas.gif and similar memes, you sure do love to prop up shitty ones :/

That begs the question of whether or not Antonio Banderas has ever killed someone for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom