• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quite small. It's in a five floor mall, if that give you an idea of its size. I'm sure many of you would love that mall. It's full of figures and nerd stuff. I found original cell images from Touch for sale on the fifth floor once. Pretty cool stuff all around. I went with my artist friend who has an (I'm starting to fear it may be an addiction...) affinity for Godzilla figures. I spent most of my time looking at crazy clothes and art, though. Cool place. Too many stores... Every time I go there, I find new, cool things I didn't see before.

Anyway, I think the point to all this was that you needn't spend all day in that tiny gallery because there are many things to look at.

Hm... Which floor was this gallery on?

And yeah, Nakano Broadway is awesome. With all those small stores with loads of nerdy stuff.

Super Sonico 7
A very plain episode with nothing going on like the other episodes except last. Strange how the entire bus was entire yet they decided to take the seats right next to each other

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 19

Hooray, Kyoko and Natsume finally made up with each other! Though the political machinations just keep coming. I'm doing my best to keep track of everything going on here, but I'm mostly waiting for a shoe to drop.

Gintama 153

You know, I always wanted to know how they slept, and it looks like hell on Earth.

Fuck that radio story. Oh boy, more shipbait, despite the fact that it's not towards the audience that buys most of the shit.

Yowapeda 19
tumblr_n1683nALoh1t3w37po3_400.gif
tumblr_n1683nALoh1t3w37po2_400.gif

Fun episode for many moments in the classroom and such. Teshima and Aoyagi so focused at least. I thought theyd be down in the dumps and such but teamplayer mentality is good in this anime. Everything else was entertaining especially captain too. I dont think weve really seen the 3rd years much in bike action at all. Looking forward to it and any type of thing they have going on with the other teams.

Gintama 154

Shinpachi, you're not the normal one in this case (wait what the fuck was with the turtle shell! NOTHING HAPPENED).

Sadly, the "feeling out of place" at a birthday party just had to be watched right now, considering this happened to my sister on Sunday, and her coming home in tears was rather heartbreaking, which was why I was pissed on Sunday.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Pah, I'm visiting Japan end of next Month, I'll just be going round saying "Hoi hoi storeman-san, how much ere for this ere figurine merci beaucoup?" That's because I speak the universal language, money!

Are you gonna visit RyougaSaotome-sensei?

Gazoinks

A better look at the Aldnoah Zero mechs. I'm still not really feeling the designs. But Ei Aoki can probably be trusted to make something interesting out of it at least.

Whatever happened to that thing Urobuchi was working on with the girl in the ridiculous plug suit? This is a different thing, right?

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 07

Minor shades of Sora no Manimani with the stargazing scene. The idea that Shino's eternally been on student councils is an interesting idea, but it makes me wonder exactly when she started being this perverted, too. I know exactly what I'm getting with this show, and even when it's settled into a comfortable rhythm, I still enjoy it.

CorvoSol

A better look at the Aldnoah Zero mechs. I'm still not really feeling the designs. But Ei Aoki can probably be trusted to make something interesting out of it at least.

Eh, looks a little too Pacific Cream for me. Hopefully its CG mecha move better than the nightmares that populate Nobunaga the Fool.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aaaaaaaaaa I just realized that D-Frag is totally that show that I saw a while before the season started and thought it looked really interesting and that I should watch it. But no way in hell am I picking up yet another show at this point aaaaaaaaaaaa

DiGiKerot

Been talkin' with MadP about which rage animu I should watch next: My HiME or Fafnir. Thoughts?

I was going to say go with the one you can spell most correctly (it's Fafner), but I'm sure there's probably some sad, lonely part of the internet where people still argue if it should be My-HiME or Mai-HiME.

Also, I like My-HiME (although I kind of like Fafner as well, or at least the second half).

OceanBlue

Aaaaaaaaaa I just realized that D-Frag is totally that show that I saw a while before the season started and thought it looked really interesting and that I should watch it. But no way in hell am I picking up yet another show at this point aaaaaaaaaaaa

For what it's worth, I think it's a funny show and I look forward to it every week. The star VAs probably play a big part in that lol.

CorvoSol

Seems like My HiME got him pissed off most recently, so go with that one.

It does seem like an unusual change of pace.

Dude.... My Hime.
but you better watch it fast cause Kino's coming.

I could watch both at the same time.

I was going to say go with the one you can spell most correctly (it's Fafner), but I'm sure there's probably some sad, lonely part of the internet where people still argue if it should be My-HiME or Mai-HiME.

Also, I like My-HiME (although I kind of like Fafner as well, or at least the second half).

Why does Anime always spell things like shit? Word tells me "Fafnir" is a word but "Fafner" isn't.

Gintama 155

Part of this episode was like a recap episode in regards to Hasegawa's downward spiral (the apartment episode not being mentioned), and of course, there was trolling him and Gin as well.

That trolling at the end. :l :l :l It snatched defeat from the jaws of victory :l

cnet128

Banned
Higurashi 24

I feel like I know what's going on now, which means it must be time to shake things up.

You...could say that.

Tokyo Ravens 19

The various politics and machinations seemed to be marginally more comprehensible than usual in this episode. By which I mean, I actually feel like I may have picked up a vague idea of some of the things that are going on, rather than nothing at all ~.~ I still have no idea who any of these people are.

Takiko is very interesting as a character, and I was quite intrigued by the way she approached our protagonists. It was also good to see Natsume and Kyouko make up and get everything out in the open, and even better that Kyouko made Natsume
promise to tell Harutora about the Hokuto thing, meaning she finally has no excuse to keep putting it off indefinitely

Also, with all the characters acting deeply shocked about Natsume's gender revelation and acting like this has some deep significance, I can't help but feel they're setting up for
a reveal that Harutora, not Natsume, is the real reincarnation of Yakou.

Oh, and the show needs more Kon, but that goes without saying at this point.

cajunator

Banned

There is a place. I shall not divulge it to protect the innocent and easily shamed.

It does seem like an unusual change of pace.

I could watch both at the same time.

Why does Anime always spell things like shit? Word tells me "Fafnir" is a word but "Fafner" isn't.

Yo damn I hadnt thought of that lol.

New pickups

I didn't know that the OVA was also included with Love, Election and Chocolate.

Is that chocolate show good? I put it in my cart but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Gintama 156

Even cartoons from the very old days, this show does many things.

In regards to the main portion of the show, that ending was a troll, it's too bad the image used for this episode on CR spoils it.

Link Man

Banned
Usagi Drop 4

I find this series impossible to review on an episode-to-episode basis, as every episode would be a reference to just how cute the show is. The relationship between Daikichi and Rin is sweet and adorable, the hairdressing scene being a prime example. Every scene with Rin just puts a smile on your face and a warmth in your heart.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You were the one who tricked me into watching Fafner when I first joined AnimeGAF by promising me an umbrella of smiles!

Honestly, I'd have to tell Corvo to go with Fafner because it's consistently infuriating rather than My-HiME where most of the infuriating content is concentrated in a small number of episodes with the rest being vaguely entertaining.

BluWacky

Final box/disc art for Sentai's From the New World release:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?27669

The prelim art was the JP BD vol.2 cover, but for the final release they decided to go with (IMO) less attractive anime promo art for the cover and other JP BD cover art for the discs.

Where does this leave off - episode 13, I guess? If they continue to use anime promo art, It'll be interesting whether they go with
the "teenage" or "adult" artwork
for the second collection.

Nice to see the beautiful Japanese artwork make it on there somewhere. The Japanese releases came in slipcases decorated with the charms affixed to the "Boundary Rope" in the show, which had a nice effect.

Bonus reminder, incidentally, of this excellent piano cover of Wareta Ringo, the show's first (good) ED.

DiGiKerot

You were the one who tricked me into watching Fafner when I first joined AnimeGAF by promising me an umbrella of smiles!

Really? That doesn't sound like something I'd write, because I don't like to be a misleading jerk, though I do think parts of Fafner at at least interesting enough to be worth watching.

But, whatever, I'm going to blame BluWacky by-proxy, because I'm pretty sure it was probably something he wrote about it way back in the mists of time that make me curious enough to check out the show. I really should get around to watching the movie at some point.

They replaced the singing on the tanks with Korobeiniki?

Yup. It's not even a particularly good arrangement of Korobeiniki, either. I personally think it's pretty tone destroying, even divorced from the Tetris connections.

BluWacky

Really? That doesn't sound like something I'd write, because I don't like to be a misleading jerk, though I do think parts of Fafner at at least interesting enough to be worth watching.

But, whatever, I'm going to blame BluWacky by-proxy, because I'm pretty sure it was probably something he wrote about it way back in the mists of time that make me curious enough to check out the show. I really should get around to watching the movie at some point.

Yeah, I usually trot out the "umbrella of smiles" line whenever people mention Fafner :p The first half of that show really does have terrible writing. I still haven't watched the movie either, although I did watch that OVA a few years back; the enduring popularity of the series in Japan still remains a mystery to me beyond the Hiraifaces and slash quotient, though (maybe that's enough?).

OceanBlue

Maybe I've been understanding it all wrong (or I'm missing the point lol), but I've honestly thought that the factions in Tokyo Ravens aren't too difficult to understand. I haven't watched the latest episode, but it isn't too crazy because there were only really three main factions:
the Magical Investigation Bureau, the Twin Horn Syndicate, and everyone else. The magical investigation guys have been assimilated into the larger onmyou force lead by Kyouko's father after that old guy was betrayed (which is why it was mentioned that they were surprisingly unperturbed), and it was revealed that the Twin Horn Syndicate was being directed by the leader of the larger onmyou force through Hirata and that Doman wasn't their leader after all.

cajunator

Banned
It has Morishita butt in it but it's mediocre otherwise.

Hmm that doesnt seem enough to persuade me.

Usagi Drop 4

I find this series impossible to review on an episode-to-episode basis, as every episode would be a reference to just how cute the show is. The relationship between Daikichi and Rin is sweet and adorable, the hairdressing scene being a prime example. Every scene with Rin just puts a smile on your face and a warmth in your heart.

Pretty much people just wrote hnnnngh after every episode. They were all posting as mush anyways.

Honestly, I'd have to tell Corvo to go with Fafner because it's consistently infuriating rather than My-HiME where most of the infuriating content is concentrated in a small number of episodes with the rest being vaguely entertaining.

Yoooooo. wheres your avatar at?

My Hime isn't that rage inducing aside from the ending.

Well thats true. I thoroughly enjoyed the series but I never expected that ending. Back before anime was widely discussed on forums online it was a complete surprise. A really BAD one.

CorvoSol

Usagi Drop 4

I really love this show. I think two upcoming characters are also favorites of mine
Kouki's mom is HOT.

Should probably see Fafner anyway so I can see why DTL would ever think that it was competition for Gundam Build Fighters.

Gazoinks

I really love this show. I think two upcoming characters are also favorites of mine
Kouki's mom is HOT.

So true. :p
One of the things I like about Usagi Drop is that Daikichi's romance with Kouki's mom is waaaay in the background. It's nice, but bringing it to the foreground really would've distracted from the real core of the story. I'm glad they showed restraint on that.

Super Sonico 7
A very plain episode with nothing going on like the other episodes except last. Strange how the entire bus was entire yet they decided to take the seats right next to each other

I'm sorry but i have to ask ...what is thedeal with super sonico ?
Is it slice of life ? action mystery ?idol pandering ? i'm kinda lost ..is it good ? does anyone watch this besides astrogamer , here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom