• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Maybe I've been understanding it all wrong (or I'm missing the point lol), but I've honestly thought that the factions in Tokyo Ravens aren't too difficult to understand. I haven't watched the latest episode, but it isn't too crazy because there were only really three main factions:
the Magical Investigation Bureau, the Twin Horn Syndicate, and everyone else. The magical investigation guys have been assimilated into the larger onmyou force lead by Kyouko's father after that old guy was betrayed (which is why it was mentioned that they were surprisingly unperturbed), and it was revealed that the Twin Horn Syndicate was being directed by the leader of the larger onmyou force through Hirata and that Doman wasn't their leader after all.

Your words, they are gibberish to me. Not least because I have no idea who any of the characters you just mentioned are. (Except Kyouko, I know her! Not sure who her father is though.)

I just know there are crazy Yakou cultists and those are bad. Except there may also be Yakou worshippers who are not so bad. And then there are tons of political-y characters who I can't keep track of but they really like talking to each other about things that sound meaningful but I can't derive any meaning from. And occasionally they get into fights and/or betray each other, but this means nothing to me because I have no idea who any of them were or how they related to each other in the first place.

Gintama 157

BABABABABABABABABBABABABABABABABABABBABABABABABABA

TOSHI IS BACK! And Otsu once again, is the prize gem for people.

*sees that this is a 6 episode arc*

17rMWed.jpg

uoudUOW.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm sorry but i have to ask ...what is thedeal with super sonico ?
Is it slice of life ? action mystery ?idol pandering ? i'm kinda lost ..is it good ? does anyone watch this besides astrogamer , here ?

It is a slice of life show focusing mostly model pandering and ripping off K-On! with some sprinkles of college life.

CorvoSol

So true. :p
One of the things I like about Usagi Drop is that Daikichi's romance with Kouki's mom is waaaay in the background. It's nice, but bringing it to the foreground really would've distracted from the real core of the story. I'm glad they showed restraint on that.

Yeah, I'm really glad they went with that.

This is the worst impetus ever.

Pfft. When have my reasons for doing things ever been good?

Getter Robo 48, or the Show that never fucking ends.

0u8m2Bm.gif

Why Ryo-kun, what large fan-service you have there.

They find the dinosaur empire using magical Getter lava sonar. Somehow this sonar manages to miss the mass exodus of the entire Dinosaur race to another, identical base. So Ryo and the gang blow up the Dinosaur base and the Saotome lab is leveled again but effectively this means jack shit because next episode it will be as if nothing happened at all.

48 episodes and I feel like no progress has been made at all. In fairness, I shouldn't expect much from a show this old anyway.

OceanBlue

Your words, they are gibberish to me. Not least because I have no idea who any of the characters you just mentioned are. (Except Kyouko, I know her! Not sure who her father is though.)

I just know there are crazy Yakou cultists and those are bad. Except there may also be Yakou worshippers who are not so bad. And then there are tons of political-y characters who I can't keep track of but they really like talking to each other about things that sound meaningful but I can't derive any meaning from. And occasionally they get into fights and/or betray each other, but this means nothing to me because I have no idea who any of them were or how they related to each other in the first place.

Lol, is it that you don't find the characters interesting enough to keep track of who they are? Or maybe you got lost in the beginning and since then haven't been able to catch up? They've mentioned their names and their positions in their respective organizations multiple times in conversations with each other and about each other. Well, it is hard to keep track of all of the names (the old guy who I was referring is named Amami, who is the one who fought Hirata at the end of the episode two (?) episodes ago. I didn't remember when I made that post, so I had to look it up.). Even I don't remember everyone's names, but I feel like it's easier to define the roles of characters by their relationships to one another and how that all relates back to Natsume and Harutora.

To be fair, it is a lot to keep track of for a show that might not really be worth it and a lot of people are finding it tough. I'm not saying it's your problem for not understanding it. I actually find stuff like this interesting so maybe I'm the weird one lol.

By the way, who are the Yakou worshippers who aren't bad? I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm pretty sure all of them have been malicious so far.

Edit: It might help to think of the Magical Investigation Bureau as the local police, the Twin Horn Syndicate as religious fanatics, and the larger onmyou organization as the government
who has been internally pulling the strings between the Bureau and the Syndicate.
That's basically what they are anyway, lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Really? That doesn't sound like something I'd write, because I don't like to be a misleading jerk, though I do think parts of Fafner at at least interesting enough to be worth watching.

Oh, it was BluWacky, my bad. And don't worry, I didn't mean it in an accusatory manner anyway, I had an idea of what I was getting into regardless :lol

Midonin

I'm sorry but i have to ask ...what is thedeal with super sonico ?
Is it slice of life ? action mystery ?idol pandering ? i'm kinda lost ..is it good ? does anyone watch this besides astrogamer , here ?
I watch it! And I'm really enjoying it. If I had to pin a genre on it, I'd say it's ero-daily life, or a series of character-based vignettes. Though the way the structure switches up from week to week gives it a dash of Mayoi Neko Overrun (which I also enjoyed).

It is a slice of life show focusing mostly model pandering and ripping off K-On! with some sprinkles of college life.

i thought so at first but i guess this isn't some kind of hidden gem ..
ok i'll never look back

Edit :
I watch it! And I'm really enjoying it. If I had to pin a genre on it, I'd say it's ero-daily life, or a series of character-based vignettes. Though the way the structure switches up from week to week gives it a dash of Mayoi Neko Overrun (which I also enjoyed).

hum ...Well can't hurt to watch the first ep i guess.

cnet128

Banned
Lol, is it that you don't find the characters interesting enough to keep track of who they are? Or maybe you got lost in the beginning and since then haven't been able to catch up?

Maybe a bit of...all of the above? In every scene which is just adults who aren't part of the Onmyou school interacting, I find myself tuning out a little because I can't figure out what they're talking about or why I'm supposed to care. It doesn't help that almost every time there's one of these scenes, at least one of the major players in it always seems to be a character who I've never seen before (though maybe some of the time they have appeared before and I just don't recall because they all blur into one).

It also doesn't help that even when I do have some vague idea of who these characters are, I can't remember any of their names, so when they're talking about random people who aren't present (which is all the time) I'm extra lost.

By the way, who are the Yakou worshippers who aren't bad? I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm pretty sure all of them have been malicious so far.

idk I haven't really been able to keep track of that either, but I've picked up the vague idea that there's more than one group of Yakou worshippers, and the one that was attacking Natsume and the protags earlier in the series was a more fanatical sect which other sects would prefer not to be associated with or something? I think Takiko's group (is that the Twin Horns thingy?) is one of the more ambiguously-aligned factions who do seem to worship Yakou but aren't necessarily quite so crazy-ass. But I don't even know. I think it was mainly the discussion between Some Guy and Some Other Guy
who turned out to be Takiko for some reason
at the end of episode 16 that gave me this impression, though I think there may have been other hints(?), and then Takiko herself seemed to reaffirm it in the latest episode.

CorvoSol

I wanna see recations to it at some point.

Normally, I'd agree. But if there are two things I know Corvo hates it's:
1. derivative works
2. E7 clones/reskins/bastard children.

Derivative works is sort of a mixed bag more than anything. If I think the show has a good reason to be derivative or has something worth my while in spite of or in addition to being derivative, I can be fairly lenient.

But if you're Gundam 00 and you're like "HEY WE'RE DOING THIS CUZ UC GUNDAM GUYS UC GUNDAM." Then fuck you with a tire iron.

Persona 4 The Animation 18

My name is Nanako Dojima and I exist to BREAK YOUR HEART.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Derivative works is sort of a mixed bag more than anything. If I think the show has a good reason to be derivative or has something worth my while in spite of or in addition to being derivative, I can be fairly lenient.

I meant more along the lines of "omg RahXephon is Evangellion!!!"

Quasar

You must love Game of Thrones.

I find it pretty easy to follow. There are some points that are lost on me, which I assume have just been lost in the transition from novel to anime, but most its pretty easily followed.

Quasar

Is that chocolate show good? I put it in my cart but havent pulled the trigger yet.

I enjoyed watching it. Its a show about a school council election. And the look reminds me so much of Amagami, which I really liked. Dunno if if want to own it on disc though. Like 99% of things its not something I could see me rewatching enough to justify owning.

Just got Home , guys and i don't know if i've made a mistake or not , because i showed Idolmaster ( the anime ) to a friend and then i told him that it was a game first.

So what does my friend did , he wanted to play and ordered the game ... but he doesn't know a word of japanese ..and he says that it's my fault that i didn't warn him.( even if i didn't know that he was buying this or intrested )..

So i'm forced to play THIS :

So i can play with him ( or show him how to play ) ...

Guess i mean i have a free game ?

Now to decide who to put in my team.

i thought so at first but i guess this isn't some kind of hidden gem ..
ok i'll never look back

I watched the first few eps of Sonico, and I found myself hating her more with every episode. She was essentially just a character created for pin-up artwork and PVC figures. I guess they're trying [and failing] to give her a broader appeal.

I can only hope the KanColle anime isn't this fucking bad.

I watched the first few eps of Sonico, and I found myself hating her more with every episode. She was essentially just a character created for pin-up artwork and PVC figures. I guess they're trying [and failing] to give her a broader appeal.

I can only hope the KanColle anime isn't this fucking bad.

Kancolle anime already has a lot of steps already built , first the girls have their personalities already , second there is the arpeggio template to takes notes from ( because they managed to do well in their own way )

i'm not worried about kancolle , realy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If iDOLM@STER 2 is the best yet not out in the UK then I guess the best ain't good enough for us.

Yup. It's not even a particularly good arrangement of Korobeiniki, either. I personally think it's pretty tone destroying, even divorced from the Tetris connections.
What sounds rather bad. Shame I can't find a YouTube clip off it. Guess I'll have to make do with playing in on the kazoo while watching the clip on mute.

OceanBlue

Maybe a bit of...all of the above? In every scene which is just adults who aren't part of the Onmyou school interacting, I find myself tuning out a little because I can't figure out what they're talking about or why I'm supposed to care. It doesn't help that almost every time there's one of these scenes, at least one of the major players in it always seems to be a character who I've never seen before (though maybe some of the time they have appeared before and I just don't recall because they all blur into one).

It also doesn't help that even when I do have some vague idea of who these characters are, I can't remember any of their names, so when they're talking about random people who aren't present (which is all the time) I'm extra lost.
Ah well, I'm not sure why you're supposed to care to be honest, lol. I guess it's set up in a way that, if you find this sort of politics interesting, you'll like it, but otherwise there's nothing to keep your interest. I can't think of a good reason why I like it and you don't other than that. :<

idk I haven't really been able to keep track of that either, but I've picked up the vague idea that there's more than one group of Yakou worshippers, and the one that was attacking Natsume and the protags earlier in the series was a more fanatical sect which other sects would prefer not to be associated with or something? I think Takiko's group (is that the Twin Horns thingy?) is one of the more ambiguously-aligned factions who do seem to worship Yakou but aren't necessarily quite so crazy-ass. But I don't even know.

So from what Takiko explained
as Hirata, you're right in that he/she made a distinction between the Yakou worshippers Takiko/Hirata belongs to and the Twin Horn Syndicate. The distinction is that, according to Hirata, while they both want to revive Yakou using Natsume, (and I don't remember this very clearly) the Twin Horn Syndicate want to revive Yakou for their own glory while Hirata wants to revive Yakou to fulfill Yakou's teachings and for Yakou to achieve his goal.

So I think they're both crazy and are targeting Natsume (I'm pretty sure Kyouko's father, the guy in the priest clothing and the topknot who killed the old man in charge of the Bureau, belongs to that group too and that's why he ordered that the Raven Coat be taken).
At least, that's how I understand it. Admittedly, I'm not sure as to
the motivations of Kyouko's father other than that he's a Yakou devoutee and I have no idea what's up with Takiko. I don't think they've really explained that much yet.

You must love Game of Thrones.

I find it pretty easy to follow. There are some points that are lost on me, which I assume have just been lost in the transition from novel to anime, but most its pretty easily followed.

I guess I should read Game of Thrones. I feel like I've had plenty of people telling me that it'd be something I'm interested in, but I'm too lazy and I'm not sure I remember how to read anymore. :V

If iDOLM@STER 2 is the best yet not out in the UK then I guess the best ain't good enough for us.

Uk is not ready for the Idol culture !

The playstation 3 The best is a line of products half price that is cheap for everyone , including importers

Gintama 159

So everyone in the Shinsengumi is in on this business. True bros to the end.

All that pent up hatred towards Shinpachi is rather unhealthy.

e_i

Kill la Kill episode 17

What the hell? Wow. that woman is evil....

Kill la Kill episode 18

What the FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! Goddamn, that woman is REALLY EVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!

Brannon

I just noticed Chunibyo S1 is on Crunchyroll. Did that just get added? This is good, since it means I can finally watch it.

Had no idea what this was about, so I decided to watch the first episode for the hell of it.

My god, how can it almost physically hurt to watch a show? But this show did it! Guess it did its job so...

...so many cringes... do I dare go to Episode 2?

Theonik

Record of Lodoss War 07
[REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED]
[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] HDeedlit
[REDACTED] [REDACTED] Dragons. [REDACTED]
[REDACTED] 1080Pirotess inferior [REDACTED]

Theonik

Also HEY [REDACTED] it's that frame [REDACTED] again. I knew Lodoss was getting lazy at animating things but damn.
See ? you can do it if you try !

As if you couldn't post 1 picture.. you missed the point .
I DON'T WANNA LIVE ANYMORE.
And you missed the joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom