• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

If by split you mean Corvo and the rest of the thread.

Like I said

Also, I'd like to say that Fafner is pretty much crap Sunrise decided to shit out to capitalize on Gundam SEED's popularity complete with Kira/Athrun clones and Hirai-faces.

Well, this certainly explains its popularity with DTL, then. Should probably consult Bombless for a 2nd opinion.

Space Dandy 6

To be fair, as great a concept as chesticles are, vests are beneath the glory of undies.

Checking to see if the show was still good. And it seems like the Chimera Arc isn't, so I've decided to drop the show.

There are a few episodes that drag, but that's inevitable with long-running stuff. Gintama had more than HxH does at the moment and the payoff of the arc is more than worth it. The tiny patch in the middle with poor pacing is pretty irrelevant in the long run.

Hamatora Episode 7

Of all the things to happen this had to happen. Why does it always happen in my favorite anime. It was too hard to bear and then the overlay with the ending theme playing as Nice is trying to call Art and Art receives a new message. All those gun shots even :(

Most memorable and powerful episode 7 in any 12 or so episode anime Ive ever seen. Im probably only one on the net, but still Hamatora my anime of this season.

Are you actively trying to make me change my hibiki choice for makoto ?

Now i'm confused... i might do it.

Checking to see if the show was still good. And it seems like the Chimera Arc isn't, so I've decided to drop the show.
WHAT ?

You could have asked here , and we would have told you that the arc is a masterpiece and that madhouse managed to nail all the right moments from the manga in anime form.

See ? a simple answer is better than a conclusion made from out of context comments

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Are you actively trying to make me change me hibiki choice for makoto ?

Go with Azusa! Azusa!

Well here is the same with azusa instead of Chihaya. Not as good imo.
Also it's better when it's Takane - Makoto - x rather than Makoto - Takane - x imo

Check out my link. The one you have has Makoto as lead which isn't the spot for her in a song like this. Azusa on the other hand...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Series Reviews: Burn Up! W and Burn Up! Excess

Right, so I have just completed the two middle entries in the, well, I suppose the best way to frame Burn Up! is the 1990s equivalent of the likes of Ikki Tousen, Queen's Blade or Kotohime Muso. Though I will note that one of these entries is better then programs by virtual of being a mostly competent program that knows when to dial things back. Anyway, a certainly spastic thorn in my side recommended W on the basis that it is the best of the franchise and I can safely say that assessment is inaccurate. The basic problem with W is that it is just too damn short to really go anywhere. I did note that with W being an OVA and the first entry with this cast in it, the personalities on displayed are less ramped up and that is a good thing, also the romance between Yuji and Rio actually has some credibility. Anyway, the big gripe I have with W is it just stops, it doesn't end, it just stops with pretty much every thread still dangling. Shit, the chief villianess never even got a name, that is how bad it was. I would say this was the most unsatisfying non-end to a series I have seen since Hellsing TV. Excess, while containing flandierzation and much more slapsick comedy it still the better show by virtue of having enough room to not only actually give me an ending but pretty much everybody gets some actual backstory and character development. Well, up next Burn Up! Scramble.

Moaradin

WHAAAT?

This arc isn't even finished yet and it's one of the best so far. Don't drop it just because of a couple slow episodes. Just last week had one of the best episodes in the series.

Star Driver 13

I'm actually really into this show, guys.

Star Driver is one of my favorite animes of all time, with all its weirdness. How can I forget things like "Dazzling the Stage!", "KIRABOSHI" and kisses through the glass? And man, the final episode is freaking awesome, had to watch it at least tree times.

Talking about Star Driver, I know there's a movie that's mostly a recap. But I heard there's some sort of epilogue, did anyone around watch it? No one subbed the movie, which is a shame if it truly adds something to the series.

Theonik

Are you actively trying to make me change my hibiki choice for makoto ?

I would do no such thing!
Come on now. Just who the hell do you think I am!

Check out my link. The one you have has Makoto as lead which isn't the spot for her in a song like this. Azusa on the other hand...
Like I said this kinda needs Takane as the lead and Makoto second. Third one can change but Chihaya is the third really deep voice one and it just works!

Go with Azusa! Azusa!
Makoto! Makoto! Makoto! *swoons*

NW7encgl.jpg

Midonin

noitaminA is not airing this week. I'm not watching Silver Spoon, but the loss of Flamenco for the week disappoints me.
What is Flamenco? What is Space Flamenco?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I would do no such thing!
Come on now. Just who the hell do you think I am!

Like I said this kinda needs Takane as the lead and Makoto second. Third one can change but Chihaya is the third really deep voice one and it just works!

Makoto! Makoto! Makoto! *swoons*

J7bRRFc.png

Yukiho wanna unf unf dat Makoto

You're the lowest of low trying to sway me with ship pics!! No fair!! If anything this just shows that Makoto x Yukiho should be in a group!

Still gotta disagree, Azusa brings the cute (and her voice provides that with this song) while Takane has that smooth regal voice with Chihaya being the vocal stunner that can shut the clubs down. Makoto definitely has her aces but being "cute" effortlessly is not one of them. Takane as lead is a definite, but I'd have Makoto replaced before even thinking about touching Chihaya. :p

duckroll

Noragami - Episode 7

ldJsMP5.jpg

Really liked how they did the art in this imaginary scene.

Watched this a few days ago, but forgot to post about it. Decent episode. Not as interesting as some of the other episode, but still consistently stylish and well directed. In many ways it feels like a sort of bridge episode before things move on entirely to the second half which should focus more on Nora.

---

Hozuki the Hell Boy - Episode 6

ZE9zctH.jpg

Don't remember Beelzebub looking like that in SMT...

I wasn't really feeling the first segment this week, but the second one had some funny moments. I kinda wish the first story was focused on the dog couple having puppies instead of the dumb idol thing. That did nothing for me. It's fun watching Hozuki deal with bureaucracy in the second story though, even if it wasn't quite as good as the ones we've had in the past. One of the weaker episodes for the series so far on a whole I think.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 124 (eng)
tumblr_n1804aW9uN1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n1804aW9uN1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Those moments when what happens on the Planet Cray happens in the real world makes for good scenes. Like always match outcomes cant be predicted because the writings just go either way.
I thought Miyagi academy would go on just for the sake of proving the StuCo wrong but well guess I was wrong

Kai stuff is interesting he feels almost OoC with his insecurity building up now, if he can get a midseason powerup and became the best cardfighter again like he was in s1, this anime will be even better than it already is.

Cwarrior

It stop being just good a long long time ago, it's gone beyond Masterpiece 20 Fantastic episode ago, quality is immeasurable from this point on :p

I'm still early in the arc, it's really more highly regarded than Yorknew City?

Yorknew was my DA GOAT arc for over a decade, Chimera ant arc has surpassed it.

Gbraga

Samurai Flamenco 17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH
A
HAHA
HAHAHAHAHHA
HAH
AH
AHAHAHAH
AH
AHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco 17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH
A
HAHA
HAHAHAHAHHA
HAH
AH
AHAHAHAH
AH
AHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK

See it isn't just me, guys! It's spreading.

Higurashi 25

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HE REMEMBERS!!!!!!!!!

Gbraga

Samurai Flamenco 17

Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
Trying to make history

But who’s to judge
The right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we’ll both agree

That violence breeds violence
But in the end it has to be this way

I can't even. I think my brain actually broke. I love this show. I think I'm going to cry.

EXACTLY, HOLY SHIT.

BENEATH THE BLOOD STAINED SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

EDIT: Anime studios are playing way too much MGR, I like it.

If Kill la Kill 18 was Stains of Time, Samumenco 17 was definitely It Has to be This Way

EDIT2: IT WAS ALREADY MADE HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eouUOE0EEVE

Golden Time 18

Koko is such a creepy stalker. We already knew that of course, and still love her. <3

Also, the preview last week lead me to believe more would "happen" in Banri's hometown for the reunion.

Although, we got this awesome nugget.

xgo61LZ.gif

xD

Gbraga

I still can't get over that episode, holy fuck what the fuck what THE FUCK

EDIT: Please update the list already, Samumenco should be the fucking leader of that list.

CorvoSol

I still can't get over that episode, holy fuck what the fuck what THE FUCK

Next episode is even better.

I feel like Samurai Flamenco is the only show this season where that fact is completely beyond dispute. There'll always be that one horrible son of a gun who thinks this week's Gundam Build Fighters wasn't good enough and he should burn for it, but SamFlam is beyond dispute.

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 10-
iMn07i0gIbO4h.gif

I do wish they used more of their Phase 1s during the baseball segment. But I guess that would be cheating.
Pretty meh episode, although I think I enjoyed the baseball game more than the mecha fight at the end. Seeing the characters still be themselves essentially was kinda humorous. Too bad the baseball game was so short. Also the love dynamics stuff is heating up. Going to need a flowchart soon.

I really do have to say that the fights are extremely gorgeous on a lot of levels. It kinda strikes me how well animated the fighting(and the animation as a whole, really) is in this show.

One thing that struck me on one of the flashbacks in this episode is that this episode must be full of the worst parents ever. They must have all attended a "How to be an awful parent and human being" class.

I can't comment on the anime version because I'm not caught up, but the Chimera Arc in the manga is one of the most masterful things I've seen in a manga series (especially the ending). I think it would be a big mistake to drop the show without watching it. The writing in Hunter x Hunter is never better than in that arc.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 10-

Pretty meh episode, although I think I enjoyed the baseball game more than the mecha fight at the end. Seeing the characters still be themselves essentially was kinda humorous. Too bad the baseball game was so short. Also the love dynamics stuff is heating up. Going to need a flowchart soon.

I really do have to say that the fights really are gorgeous on a lot of levels. It kinda stricks me how well animated the fighting(and the animation as a whole, really) is in this show.

One thing that struck me on one of the flashbacks in this episode is that this episode must be full of the worst parents ever. They must have all attended a "How to be an awful parent and human being" class.

It was probably offered just before the "How to do a very bad job of protecting your little sister" class.

And yeah, I love the fights in this show. My only complaint is they all end so fast. I think that's something Gundam Build Fighters has over it: the battles never feel like they were too short.

Gbraga

I feel like Samurai Flamenco is the only show this season where that fact is completely beyond dispute. There'll always be that one horrible son of a gun who thinks this week's Gundam Build Fighters wasn't good enough and he should burn for it, but SamFlam is beyond dispute.

When I try to think about this episode my fucking mind stutters, I..

hisfgsadohisadoiiohohijopjoj

I DON'T KNOW

iUFOZ16rE8DKG.gif

Jarmel

Banned
It was probably offered just before the "How to do a very bad job of protecting your little sister" class.

And yeah, I love the fights in this show. My only complaint is they all end so fast. I think that's something Gundam Build Fighters has over it: the battles never feel like they were too short.

Trade-off I guess. The fights in Star Driver are definitely better animated than the stuff in GBF.

See it isn't just me, guys! It's spreading.

Higurashi 25

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HE REMEMBERS!!!!!!!!!

Yep at this point when higurashi was being released the most incredible theories were being made on a level "you have no idea" and i'm talking about the game here.

SO you must ask yourself this , if he can remember , what does this mean ?

Yo! What happened to my fellow GAFfers who were watching Angel Beats and Clannad. Could've sworn that like 3 people were interested in starting Angel Beats, started it and had full intentions to continue watching it. Hmmm.... :,(

I'm still put out that Samurai Flamenco didn't stay the somewhat grounded character drama it was at the start. Anime doesn't have enough of those, whereas it has more than enough "crazy twist" shows.

Branduil

Star Driver 10-

I really do have to say that the fights are extremely gorgeous on a lot of levels. It kinda strikes me how well animated the fighting(and the animation as a whole, really) is in this show.

A shame it's all wasted on fights with no tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom