• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It does help that it was part of a secret santa. So if you want to use it as a cover up, sign up for a secret santa and then order all your lewd items to coincide with your SS gift and pretend it was sent in parts.

Ohooo~ good strat!

I
My Dad walked into my room once, said "Not a nice room you have here" and walked out.

Oh man. :(

============================

No-Rin - 07

h8CXM4O.png

Dat twist! Dat nuzzling! Madoka and Homura would be proud.

Mature

Thanks to Twitter for alerting me to this, but there's a new PV up for Captain Earth on the show's website.

Something about this show is pushing all my hype buttons despite not being a big mecha fan. Beautiful background art, Igarashi's usual skill at storyboarding/direction, nice music (love the vocal track) and an intriguing "mood" to the whole thing. I know the character designs and names for the bad guys are a bit silly, and it could all go a bit E7:AO on us, but I am allowing myself to look forward to this one :)
Looks nice. Look forward to the MADs.

Why does Captain Earth even bother having an official Twitter account if they refresh the entire fucking site and say nothing about it...

Seriously, they made no official mention of new stuff ANYWHERE and just left it for people to find the updated site? That's the most incredibly fucking stupid thing I've seen. I'm almost not even sure if I want to watch the show anymore.
Sounds reasonable.

cajunator

Banned
I was showing GuP to my dad. Aint even breaking a sweat.
Only time I felt kinda bad was when I was watching Mad Bull 34 in the living room TV round my parent's.

I watch Fate Zero a bit with my mom. Also Haibane Renme and Kinos journey and I think some Full Moon O Sagashite.
Mostly I watch Disney movies with her though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I do have a Christmas village made out of Lego in the hall so anyone who visits will see it, but I guess that's considered rather tame compared to firguines so if anyone wants to donate some Chrsitmas related items for me to decorate my hall with, be my guest. :3

I have left a figurine of Dio Brando in my parent's bedroom for many years as I used to use the desk in that room to study.

cajunator

Banned
I do have a Christmas village made out of Lego in the hall so anyone who visits will see it, but I guess that's considered rather tame compared to firguines so if anyone wants to donate some Chrsitmas related items for me to decorate my hall with, be my guest. :3

I have left a figurine of Dio Brando in my parent's bedroom for many years as I used to use the desk in that room to study.

Well yall know how my room looks. Its hard to hide 100 figurines.

CorvoSol

Oh man when I was away this Fall for school my grampa had a stroke (He's a WW2 vet edging in on a century, so nobody was particularly surprised) and since gramma has Alzheimers they had to be relocated to a home to be cared for. We inherited a bunch of furniture from his house, and some of that furniture wound up stacked in my room till I got home for Christmas to help lift it and place it where Mom wanted it. Dad had to call in some muscle from Church, so a bunch of people from Church were in my room, marveling that a dude who was 25 had legos like, everywhere in his room.

Of course that overlooks the fact that those legos were once the property of 4 others and not just myself, and that they just sort of wound up in my possession over time, and that the dust that lays over top them has probably not been unsettled since 2010.

Future Card Buddyfight 01

Well the positives is that it is already better than Yugioh ZeXal for having a better lead.

The negatives is that it isn't that hard to be better than Yugioh ZeXal.

cajunator

Banned
Well yes, that's true. But some people come from Utah and Idaho where a gun that fires real bullets is a man's toy of choice, and not a little yellow dude in his bitchin' raptor mecha.

Guns are pretty popular down here. Everybody has one. Or thirty.

Ah, NFLGaf... Actually, I'm kinda surprised about that one. I don't hate them at all. They're fun.

-------------

Oh yeah, I'm two episodes from finishing Jojo 2012. Today's been quite the day...

NFLGaf is pretty laid back. They wont judge you for being a Lions fan. Well they do Kastrioti but he asks for it.

Mushishi - 1

As an introduction to a series I've heard so much about, this is almost exactly what I had in mind. It has this deeply melancholic vibe that exudes throughout this kid's
purposefully suppressed power, the distance in the relationship with his grandmother, and his house deep in the forest.
I loved the use of negative space to emphasize Shinra's isolation and the various shots showing
Renzu's separation of body and spirit, as if half of her was lost,
like the shot of the Geta fallen off to the side. The folk song OP is great too. This is really clicking for me.

CorvoSol

I tried doing this Falcon as a family project and the rest of the family looked at me as if I was batshit insane.

It's been a long and lonely journey. :(

I bought like 5 Gundam kits this last year. I only got to construct one over Christmas, but that was alone. Really hope I can get someone to at least sit and talk to me while I work on the next one.

Guns are pretty popular down here. Everybody has one. Or thirty.

And that's fine. I'm cool with people having their firearms for safety or hobby. I only complain when it becomes something people think I ought to have. The "ought self" of the culture here in Idaho and myself don't mesh well, haha.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks to whoever mentioned Shooting Stars earlier (although I know they were not referring to the BBC panel show) I've ended up watching random clips on YouTube throughout the day.

Remembered that there is a song for SDBurton.

Future Card Buddyfight 01

Well the positives is that it is already better than Yugioh ZeXal for having a better lead.

The negatives is that it isn't that hard to be better than Yugioh ZeXal.

Another one joins the BuddyFight watch! Enjoy the ride!

Future Card BuddyFight - Episode 8

This week we are treated to our very first clip show of the series. Luckily due to the fast paced nature of Future Card BuddyFight, this part only lasted 12 minutes.

The preliminary rounds were quick and interesting battles and they did their job of showing off the characters well. That new ninja bloke with the mouse cursor for a nose seems pretty good too, he even
did the forbbiden thing which was beat middle schoolers...gasp!

Also I cracked up laughing at these hairstyles, meet...:

tumblr_n1doimMwYj1qebxado1_500.png

Principal Wallmaster!

and

tumblr_n1doimMwYj1qebxado2_500.png

Left: I'm not sure what to call this mess!
Right: Ryuko's BuddyFight Cousin.

All in all a typical episode of BuddyFight.

Buddy Count: 46
Total Buddy Count: 380

cajunator

Banned
I bought like 5 Gundam kits this last year. I only got to construct one over Christmas, but that was alone. Really hope I can get someone to at least sit and talk to me while I work on the next one.

And that's fine. I'm cool with people having their firearms for safety or hobby. I only complain when it becomes something people think I ought to have. The "ought self" of the culture here in Idaho and myself don't mesh well, haha.

Its a pretty relaxed kind of thing. People will be selling like an Ar in the Picadilly parking lot and it attracts a group of people who come over to see what gun it is lol.
Speaking of which, have you seen those lego guns?

but back to animu...WHEN YOU GONNA WATCH KINO 03?

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 04

Hime's so awkward she's adorable. Her plan to get 100 friends is going to take some time. Yuyu continues to be a wonderful character even if she's not actually doing anything just yet. The moment when she becomes Honey will be glorious. Sherbet Ballet was pretty sweet, but again, I wish these forms existed outside their special CGI attacks. Other than that, the show's pacing itself and making good progress. MeguHime are adorable.

Future Card Buddyfight 02

This is starting to become a little entertaining. I still like the main character as dorky as he is and his buddy is nothing but a tsundere at this point. The supporting cast is surprisingly useful. Maybe I just keep comparing this to ZeXal and I'll enjoy this.

I don't exactly get all the rules so far though but I'm definitely getting interested enough to keep watching.

Articalys

I finally just realized what the transformations in Happinesscharge Precure remind me of. It's like those super attacks you can use in the old-school sidescrolling arcade beat-em-up games that clear the screen of all enemies.

CorvoSol

Its a pretty relaxed kind of thing. People will be selling like an Ar in the Picadilly parking lot and it attracts a group of people who come over to see what gun it is lol.
Speaking of which, have you seen those lego guns?

but back to animu...WHEN YOU GONNA WATCH KINO 03?

I'm doing homework while listening to Orphen at the moment. When I finish my homework, I will watch Kino.

Orphen 21

Orphen is a huge bitch, and Cleo at last points out to him that he IS one, and that Azaly is a skanky whore. Orphen, being a huge bitch, tries to slap Cleo and drama ensues. A miracle happens, though, because Orphen actually apologizes for being a huge bitch.

HappinessCharge Precure 4

God damn Lovely. You had to top Hime throwing a couch without Cure powers.

Anywho, I think it might be safe to put Form Changes under the "disappointment" category until proven otherwise. SplashStar still holds true to form changing.

Yuuko is just too embracing, and Moonlight was this weeks Cure
Stop seducing people Moonlight

Monster of the Week seems to becoming more of a middle ground between HC's MotW and Doki's VotW. Which... is great, honestly. Hime was quite the card in this episode.

Fun fact: Cure Princess has more kills than Cure Diamond did for most of Doki Doki Precure. In fact... she currently has the most kills out of everyone in the show so far. So far, I'm glad we're avoiding giving the Pink nearly all the kills.

Anywho, good episode. Form Changes? lol Expect Nurse Cosplay next week.

Future Card Buddyfight 02

This is starting to become a little entertaining. I still like the main character as dorky as he is and his buddy is nothing but a tsundere at this point. The supporting cast is surprisingly useful. Maybe I just keep comparing this to ZeXal and I'll enjoy this.

I don't exactly get all the rules so far though but I'm definitely getting interested enough to keep watching.

They don't fully tell the rules of BuddyFight until Episode 4 for some reason.

wonzo

Banned
http://abload.de/img/gunfightzpk0f.gif

You don't want to miss it.
a real shame she did

Why does Captain Earth even bother having an official Twitter account if they refresh the entire fucking site and say nothing about it...

Seriously, they made no official mention of new stuff ANYWHERE and just left it for people to find the updated site? That's the most incredibly fucking stupid thing I've seen. I'm almost not even sure if I want to watch the show anymore.
not watching a show over the lack of a tweet?
negativemanpro.gif

GAF communities dropping like flies. Only a matter of time before it happens here :(
someones just gotta ban all the creepers itt before that happens

Branduil

I just realized the poor sap doesn't even have a voice actor listed on the official site.

The contrast between bro and the bad characters like Hotaru and Komori is interesting. You could argue they're all one-note characters, but unlike the other two bro never overstays his welcome, and they always find novel and humorous ways to present the joke. As opposed to the same joke from Hotaru and Komori for 10 minutes at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom