• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If SHAFT ever animates anything on the level of FLCL I will eat five tiny anime hats.

Eh. I didn't mean that they shared the same strengths. Having said that yeah, FLCL is well animated for sure.

Watched it again recently, and it's a work of substance and style. So basically, nothing like Monogatari at all.

Empty substance and a style that's "different" all resulting in something that I find to be mediocre at best. FLCL tries to be cool and it's really not.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Turn off its ridiculous piece of crap voices/script and just listen to the badass OST and watch the awesome animation.

05wcomo.gif

Tenumi

Banned
It's been a bit of a day, to say the least, but I got another show done...

---------------------------------------------------------

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012): 10 - 26

Hah hah, He seen his mom nude.

Really, I can only think of one word to describe this show: Ridiculous.

The first arc of the story was actually rather laid back, compared to what followed it. Does the show have flaws? Yeah, I think it's a little too complicated and over-the-top at times. But it doesn't really matter that much, because the protagonists are too easy to cheer for and the antagonists fun to watch.

Honestly, I kind of liked Joseph better than Jonathan. He had the attitude to him, yes, but he quickly grew better as his confidence showed. Really didn't see some of the bigger plot points coming, especially the thing about his mother.

-------------------

16 episodes, one day... if I didn't have so much free time today, I doubt I'd have had the energy to do that...

cajunator

Banned
HappinessCharge Precure 4

God damn Lovely. You had to top Hime throwing a couch without Cure powers.

Anywho, I think it might be safe to put Form Changes under the "disappointment" category until proven otherwise. SplashStar still holds true to form changing.

Yuuko is just too embracing, and Moonlight was this weeks Cure
Stop seducing people Moonlight

Monster of the Week seems to becoming more of a middle ground between HC's MotW and Doki's VotW. Which... is great, honestly. Hime was quite the card in this episode.

Fun fact: Cure Princess has more kills than Cure Diamond did for most of Doki Doki Precure. In fact... she currently has the most kills out of everyone in the show so far. So far, I'm glad we're avoiding giving the Pink nearly all the kills.

Anywho, good episode. Form Changes? lol Expect Nurse Cosplay next week.

I honestly think the art style in Hapcha is the cutest of any precure.

quick, ANIME-GAF.

FLCL sub or dub?

dub is fine

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Style is substance

I equate substance to having some level of depth. I see no depth in FLCL. This is just me. I know my opinion of FLCL is the outlier so eh... I'm fine with people disagreeing with me or thinking I'm flat out wrong!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So it would go from garbage to crap?

I view FLCL as meandering with really no cohesive overarching plot. It's just a series of "shit's happening."

It cohesion is dubious at the best of times but serious examination has shown deeper there is an overarching plot as well as deeply embedded themes and metaphors
about puberty
and the series has a fitting climax at the end. Yea, it is hard to follow the first time out and some research may be need to be done. Calling this empty is just incorrect.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not the kind of person who forgives bad comedy and characterization for the sake of a shtick!
You know, she was a fine character in the beginning. It's just too bad that she become pretty much that one thing by the end of the series.

Not even Haibane Renmei?
Eternal backlog.

Are "Chuunibyou" and "Larping" Eastern and Western analogs of one another?
Naw. Western Chuunibyou would be kids in high school saying "Oscar Mike" all the time because they played a lot of CoD and want do be bad ass soldiers.

Chuunibyou would be a form of larping I guess? It's more specific since it refers to a behavior exhibited by a specific age group, not just larping in general.
I would say LARPing is more like Cosplaying, inasmuch as Cosplayers are supposed to be in character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are "Chuunibyou" and "Larping" Eastern and Western analogs of one another?

Not exactly. LARP is a systematic hobby like theatre or dance, whereas "chuunibyou" just refers to the tendency for kids to live in a semi-fantasy world influenced by the media they consume. Like how you pretended to be Power Rangers or Ultraman when you were in grade school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom