• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Nagi no Asukara 18

There's something about a pseudo-post-apocalyptic landscape that always entrances me. Lots of quiet moments for exploration this week. Uroko's as smarmy as ever, but it was a nice display of character for both Hikari and Miuna.
Oh damn. Manaka's still alive it seems, but her Ena's vanishing. Also, that graveyard full of sacrifices from the festival was creepy. How could a mass of dolls under the ocean not be creepy?

Kino's Journey 3-4

Episode 3 goes into some very interesting territory, especially once it all comes together at the end.
It's especially sad that one country feels it needs to annihilate another due to their interpretation of what they believe to be "prophesy"
. I feel like I've got more to say about this episode but will need to organize my thoughts and probably revisit it again.

Then there's episode 4, which was a fascinating and at times disturbing look into Kino's past, and how the journey began...or more importantly, how Kino "became" Kino. It was also pretty cool to see Hermes's origin.

Desert Punk Dub 20

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Holy crap that was not what I was expecting at all! How many series do you know of that will MAJOR SPOILERS
kill off the main character 4 episodes before the end
Well nobody watching this serie expected this turn of events.
You should watch the last 4 episodes Asap
Edit : oh you already did that

Nagi no Asukara 18

Whoa, so did Miuna take Manaka's ena? Interesting why Manaka is losing hers.

Uroko looked like he was disappointed at the end. I wonder what thats about. Need more of the dude, hes great.

That graveyard of ojoshi samas though. Very creepy. Loved how Manaka was resting on what looked like the Sea God's hand.
Another gorgeous episode with amazing music and visuals. Very atmospheric and alien. Would have been a nice video game level to just explore around.

Articalys

Short new PV for Spring noitaminA series Ryūgajō Nanana no Maizōkin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qFqSTM_6Cg

New cast members confirmed: Kana Asumi, Kana Hanazawa (...is there any show she isn't in by now?), and Kazuyuki Okitsu.

Site update has some sweet new character art too:
http://www.nanana.tv/
2GtDPC3.png
Xi9Coyz.png

a4Xvh7a.png
ddPCh81.png

Pl8RHiq.png
Lki5IDa.png

xVM9M3a.png
Asumin voices the girl with the hat, HanaKana is the girl in the maid outfit, and Okitsu is the guy in glasses.

Defuser

damn.....how many shows KanaHana is in right now?

Tokyo Ravens
Nagi no Asukara
Magi - The Kingdom of Magic
Buddy Complex
D-Frag!
Nisekoi
No-Rin
Space Dandy
Tonari no Seki-kun
World Conquest Zvezda Plot
Wake Up, Girls!

And the upcoming....

Mekaku City Actors
Ryugajo Nanana no Maizokin

What else did i miss?

OceanBlue

New cast members confirmed: Kana Asumi, Kana Hanazawa (...isn't there any show she isn't in by now?), and Kazuyuki Okitsu.

Asumin voices the girl with the hat, HanaKana is the girl in the maid outfit, and Okitsu is the guy in glasses.

Hanakana maid!

This is the first time I've paid attention to any character's design who isn't the purple-haired girl, and I probably like all of them over her lol. I wasn't interested in the show before but I'll probably give it a try now. The character designs look pretty clean too.

Link Man

Banned
Happy Birthday!

Wish I had the Aquarion Evol pic handy.

Thank you!

New cast members confirmed: Kana Asumi, Kana Hanazawa (...is there any show she isn't in by now?), and Kazuyuki Okitsu.

Love the design for the detective girl.

Doesn't look very interesting - except the detective girl.

Articalys

something sales update:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=755

Notes:

- The earlier listed sales for Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ v4 were an error on Oricon's part; the 3,480 sold were BDs and not DVDs.
- Log Horizon sells 2,881 BDs for a total of 3,602 combined in week 1.
- Kill la Kill v1 breaks 10k.
- We get our first look at how Gundam Build Fighters is doing with DVD singles before the BD-Boxes release later, and it's... 597 for v2. Better just wait for the boxes.

Updated Fall rankings chart, new data in bold:
27,067 *4 Infinite Stratos 2 2013/10/30 [BD/DVD] [vol.2+ drop considerably]
17,252 *1 Kuroko no Basuke season 2 2014/01/29 [BD/DVD]
13,137 *4 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio 2013/12/27 [BD/DVD]
10,398 *5 Non Non Biyori 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD]
10,027 *3 Kill La Kill 2014/01/08 [BD/DVD]
*9,701 *1 Little Busters! Refrain 2014/01/29 [BD/DVD]
*6,524 *3 Kyoukai no Kanata 2014/01/08 [BD/DVD]
*6,370 *2 Yowamushi Pedal 2013/12/20 [BD/DVD]
*5,800 *2 Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD]
*5,583 *1 Strike the Blood 2014/01/29 [BD/DVD]
*4,481 *1 Magi: The Kingdom of Magic 2014/01/22 [BD/DVD]
*3,855 *2 Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd season 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*3,602 *1 Log Horizon 2014/01/29 [BD/DVD]
*3,390 *6 Nagi no Asukara 2013/12/20 [BD/DVD] [●]
*3,374 *1 White Album 2 2013/12/25 [BD]
*3,062 *4 Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*3,010 *1 Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 2013/12/18 [BD/DVD]
*2,547 *1 Teekyuu season 3 2014/01/24 [BD/DVD]
*2,056 *2 Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. 2013/12/27 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,776 *1 Tokyo Ravens 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,770 *1 Blazblue Alter Memory 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,766 *1 Freezing Vibration 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,560 *1 Outbreak Company 2013/12/18 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,534 *1 Walkure Romanze 2013/12/27 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,098 *1 Golden Time 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,082 *1 Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de jama Shiteiru 2013/12/27 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,075 *1 Kyousougiga 2014/01/10 [BD/DVD] [●]
*1,030 *1 Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! 2013/12/12 [BD/DVD] [●]
**,882 *1 Galilei Donna 2013/12/13 [BD/DVD] [●]
**,795 *1 Gingitsune 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] [●]

No v1 data:
**,281 *1 Samurai Flamenco 2013/12/25 [BD/DVD] (vol.2 first to chart) [●]
**,277 *1 Coppelion 2013/11/27 [BD/DVD] (vol.3 first to chart) [●]

No data whatsoever:
**,*** *0 Diabolik Lovers 2013/11/27 [DVD]
**,*** *0 Meganebu! 2013/12/20 [BD/DVD]

A [●] symbol indicates partial data, usually meaning only BD numbers.
And happy birthday as well to Link Man.

Mature

ANN Plot Summary said:
here is a girl named Nanana, a ghost who was once a beautiful but NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) girl. A boy named Juugo was disowned by his father and forced to transfer to a high school on the "Special Student Zone," an artificial island. With only 40,000 yen a month to live on, Juugo chooses a low-rent apartment that happens to be haunted by Nanana. Juugo and members of the school's adventure club join a "treasure hunt royale" on the island for the Nanana Collection, a treasure that possesses a mysterious power.
Sure sounds like an LN! That is to say, exceedingly dull.

cnet128

Banned
ANN Plot Summary said:
here is a girl named Nanana, a ghost who was once a beautiful but NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) girl. A boy named Juugo was disowned by his father and forced to transfer to a high school on the "Special Student Zone," an artificial island. With only 40,000 yen a month to live on, Juugo chooses a low-rent apartment that happens to be haunted by Nanana. Juugo and members of the school's adventure club join a "treasure hunt royale" on the island for the Nanana Collection, a treasure that possesses a mysterious power.

Nanana Collection > Galileo Tesoro.

Looks cute, I'm glad marriage hasn't stopped Asumin from getting a good amount of roles. Also ZR, brown meido, unf etc.

Hunter x Hunter 47
So yeah, this is pretty damn good. I can see why others were hyping this arc. Though
Kurapika being able to use every Nen type to 100% seems a bit overpowered. I'm sure they'll subvert that though.

I love Kurapika's main ability with chain conjuring though.
(I have to wonder if it costs any aura to maintain the chains, since he almost always has them visible... Or if it's a one and done type of thing where the once it's manifested it doesn't cost any aura to maintain. Maybe the manga better answers this?)

Dynedom

Record of Lodoss War 02

This episode was a lot less animated than the last but still OK. Quality also took a small dive at points. The detail sort of makes up for it really. Music remains badass.
And Deedlit remains best even though she hardly appears in this episode.
Judging from how this went I'm guessing episode 1 was more in media res. This was a Parn back story episode.

Now this is a weird coincidence. Was just watching this myself! Sogood.gif

Gbraga

Witch Craft Works 5 was very entertaining once again, Kagari is super awesome, the imouto is cool and all but she needs to stop getting in the way of true love.

The action, eh whatever, who cares.

Noragami 4 was surprisingly good and this show is actually really solid, better than I expected from the first episode. Definitely the best BONES show this season, but it's not like the competition even tries. Hiyori was carrying the anime by itself so far, but this episode made Yato more interesting.

Buddy Complex 3 was once again much better than I expected.

Can't wait to get home and watch Mikakunin and maybe Space Dandy 5 :3

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If you didn't think Captain Earth character designs were silly enough, here's a couple more:

The fellow on the right is Amara, and he's voiced by Kenichi Suzumura. The girl on the left is Moko, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

I highly doubt their characters are married, though.

Oh man, that camp. This is my jam. Still believing in Igarashi.

How interesting... Ben-To now has a series page live on Funimation's site. License announcement incoming?

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/431280501811601408
http://www.funimation.com/shows/ben-to/anime

For a bit of history, it was one of a number of titles on a potential licenses survey that Funi did a couple years ago. Some of the titles on that were eventually licensed by them (Future Diary, Guilty Crown), some went to others (Anohana, Penguindrum), and some still sit in limbo.

I guess this means I can still hold onto hope for a little while longer for Fortune Arterial, Seitokai no Ichizon, and maybe even Omamori Himari to be licensed. Nichijou and Gosick would be nice too, but could the licenses be tied with Bandai Entertainment still?

Would be nice if surveys like this were done yearly. I never know if my personal suggestions are ever considered when posting to companies' twitter, forum, tumblr, etc.

Midonin

Samurai Flamenco 16

The first half of the episode is maximum :SDBurton. The second half has a suitable amount of :DTL levels. Seeing Masayoshi bond with an old man
that he saved
was a pretty well done scene. The hero rising up from the belly of the whale, so to speak. But the thing I'll most remember from this episode is the MMM scene, because damn. Yuri Goggles, Miracle Overdrive. Mari and Moe just... wow. That may rival Sakura Trick in terms of sheer heartfelt yuri levels. If this isn't the impetus for the Flamenco Girls to get back in action (wink), then nothing is.

The OP animation was also updated. Nothing too fancy, but it's good to see it complete.

I guess this means I can still hold onto hope for a little while longer for Fortune Arterial, Seitokai no Ichizon, and maybe even Omamori Himari to be licensed. Nichijou and Gosick would be nice too, but could the licenses be tied with Bandai Entertainment still?

Would be nice if surveys like this were done yearly. I never know if my personal suggestions are ever considered when posting to companies' twitter, forum, tumblr, etc.

I'd agree, but I'm not really holding my breath :(.

Vecks

Engaged to the unidentified 5

Things make a bit more sense now that the secret's out. I'm still not understanding how this allows Mashiro to attend school. But I guess they do have money since the mom keeps buying stuff.

jman2050

Kill la Kill 17

Huh. Well then.

I feel like I should have seen that ending coming, and yet I didn't. Satsuki does not mess around, that's for sure!

cnet128

Banned
So can somebody tell me why Gatchaman Crowds didn't use G-G-G-G-G-GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN as its OP (In the name of love)? That's the best song ever.

...Because it worked better as BGM, and the show already had an awesome OP?

Nagi no Asu Kara 18

Loving the haunting atmosphere and scenery. Plot developments also interesting. And now
Manaka is back, we have the full love polygon assembled in all its twisted glory. I just wonder if there will be time for people to focus on the love polygon, or if the Ocean God's response to having his latest "wife" stolen will be dramatic enough that there won't be any time for that.

I also wonder if
Manaka's ena decomposing is going to be a permanent thing. It would be an interesting and slightly ironic development if Hikari had to choose between Miuna, a land person who can now live in the ocean, and Manaka, an ocean person who can now only live on land...

Something stupid keeps happening with Samurai Flamenco on Crunchyroll. Everything streams HD besides this god damn show. It streams like a potato. I mean it figures that the quality of the writing isn't the only thing that's bad.

1odFlGh.gif

Nagi no Asu Kara 18

This show just keeps getting better and better with each episode. So well done. Someone is going to get their heart crushed to a pulp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom