• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Yea, just a note, Season 2 was not straying TOO far from the magical girl genre, StrikerS looks like another show produced on another planet.

Tell me about it, it's awful =/

Mahou Sensou 5

So the good guys are
rewriting their enemies' memories too
, huh? How morally questionable.

Feverish Mui was the best thing. Hot damn she's adorable. So jealous of Takeshi in that scene >.>

And, uh, worst girl, I know I said I wanted you to go loli, but I didn't mean you should go that far...

Midonin

Golden Time 17

The pitfall of honesty. A bit surprised to see the cult being brought up again, too. I've never minded the ghost that much, it always felt more like a symbolic thing. Especially as Banri starts to discover more about his past. Though the Festival Club really needs to learn how to fact check.

I hope he doesn't drop the show because of the twist in episode 5.

Well there were also other aspects of episode 5 to intensify things. Not to mention 6 really makes up for it.

Samurai Flamenco 16

Well this was quite down to earth and something came full circle as well... actually, a good amount of things are returning back to the way it was with the character callbacks.

There was some SDburton, although this one was a bit gross
given one character being covered in puke. RADIOACTIVE PUKE

Despite the SDburton moment, I still can't stand Mari.

Mature

I know what kind of episodes people have hyped for KLK before. I ain't trustin' any of this rabble

Gundam Build Fighters - 17
Hey, this was a really good episode, but what's new? This show really has a habit of being excellent all the time. I especially like how everyone competing in the tournament feels like a legit threat. The focus of Mao's backstory was handled well enough.
It even felt like a big enough emphasis that he had a fighting chance against the Star Build Strike. Even though he ended up getting beat, I was happy with the way it was handled. Seeing him weeping by a river bank is far more realistic than the typical "You're truly special! I'll beat you next time!" type of attitude you end up seeing.

JoeFu

Banned
i watch pupa every week just for the lols

wtf who thought it was a good idea to make it 4 minutes? oh well if it wasn't like this i probably wouldn't watch it.

Jex

KILL LA KILL 17

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Was it really that ridiculous? It
all seemed so heavily telegraphed.

Ryuko is still the boring protoganist, but Satsuki is the much more interesting hero of her own story. Even if she's still not that interesting.

JoeFu

Banned
Was it really that ridiculous? It
all seemed so heavily telegraphed.

I guess. it's just I didn't think it would happen then and there. I thought maybe there would be something of a sports fest before the clothes activated and stuff too. Just like how fast the show is moving now.

Jex

I guess. it's just I didn't think it would happen then and there. I thought maybe there would be something of a sports fest before the clothes activated and stuff too. Just like how fast its moving now.

I'm certainly glad they're not wasting anymore time, considering how much has been wasted up till now...

Ben-To streaming schedule spotted on Funimation upcoming episodes page.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/431534115939037184

What I can't understand is why this is all happening and they still haven't actually formally announced they have (at least the streaming rights to) the show yet. Are their PR people completely out of touch with the rest of the company or something?

No idea. Wasn't Eureka Seven's license rescue found out by a trailer in some DVD/BD release?

Heysoos

Christ. I'd like to be able to watch something on Crunchyroll without the damn video player freezing midstream, having to refresh because the video won't play any further, or having to drop down to fucking SD to watch an episode.

Link Man

Banned
iUzG95MmLhXdF.jpg
Thank you!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Christ. I'd like to be able to watch something on Crunchyroll without the damn video player freezing midstream, having to refresh because the video won't play any further, or having to drop down to fucking SD to watch an episode.

Yeah I have been watching CR exclusively on my PS4. Definitely the most stable experience

Samurai Flamenco - 16

Unsurprisingly, with the Flamengers finally out of the picture, the show is able to deliver an episode more interesting than anything we've seen since before the show went completely off the deep end. For the first time in a while I'm looking forward to the next episode in a way that has nothing to do with, what crazy thing is this show gonna pull out next?

I recently have been having the video cut to an advertisement and then start loading the next episode. Or in the case of Fortune Arterial's episode 3, the video won't even load after the initial ad.

Hunter x Hunter 115

I don't know why, but despite the disturbing thong antics of Welfin, I enjoy watching him break things down and eventually himself. His paranoia is nice to look at.

Meanwhile, Gon is intensifying.

Midonin

Magical Warfare 05

Equal parts magical testing and awkward love drama. That magical test ended up about as corrupt as the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and the whole
rewriting the memories of your enemies
does sound morally suspect. I do wish Kurumi used her transformation abilities a little more, but more like episode 1 and not as much now, though the magic certainly did respond to her emotional state... perhaps a little too well.

Though nothing in the episode was as awkward as Mahoko trying to speak street.

Strange+ Episode 5
tumblr_n0l9cx8QlS1qdwz24o1_500.gif

This episode was way too good and hilarious. I couldnt stop laughing the whole way through and everyone in this is too in love with each other, needs even more love. Sharing the one uniform was the best, he was so good. More Takumi please.

Jex

Sam Flam 16

Why is the OP so bad guys? The first one was really pretty good. Could this be the result of zero sales?

Edit: Oh god, the CG cars. Oh lord.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wonder Momo Episode 1:

Good fucking god damn but that was terrible. I find myself pining for the quiet dignity of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. Still, this is not even the most inexplicable IP revival Bandai Namco has done, not when the Bravoman web-series exists.

Articalys

No idea. Wasn't Eureka Seven's license rescue found out by a trailer in some DVD/BD release?
True, and I remember when Lance got put to question about it on the ANN cast a couple months ago his response was half-snarking that "well people had found the preliminary retail listings earlier anyway" and half "there's no rule that says we have to formally announce everything"... which I suppose is a viewpoint they're entitled to, but still rubs me the wrong way.

I mean, at least with E7 they didn't have the series page go live on their site until after they announced it.

Samurai Flamenco 16

Thats was a very good episode. The yuri was strong in the first half and next episode will have more bromance.

The next episode title got me hyped.

Articalys

Hahaha, it's like they heard me bitching just now:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3504

Oh, and this confirms streaming rights only for Ben-To for now. Apologies if anyone got hyped up unnecessarily.

edit: haha, just noticed the blog post even references that some people found the site page early and they even tie it into the show somehow.

Heysoos

Yeah I have been watching CR exclusively on my PS4. Definitely the most stable experience

Kinda wish I had kept my PS4 then!

I recently have been having the video cut to an advertisement and then start loading the next episode. Or in the case of Fortune Arterial's episode 3, the video won't even load after the initial ad.

I get no ads, at least on Anime, since I'm a premium sub. That said if this shit doesn't improve soon I'll probably cancel my sub. They posted on their forums that improvements to the PC video player should be in place by the end of Q1 2014. So they have roughly until next month. Maybe. I may lose my patience a lot sooner.

cnet128

Banned
Kill la Kill 17

oh FUCK yes.

I knew something like this was coming at some point, and after seeing people's impressions I suspected it would happen this episode, but even so, when the moment actually came it was so. fucking. sweet.

Midonin

American anime ad copy is terrible. Though Funi's are still slightly better than Sentai Filmworks, who use so many puns that even I have to think "Just... stop."

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 16

This shows production problems are neatly highlighted by a scene right at the start of an episode. The scene takes place in a car whose driver states that they have to shake the pursuers who are following their vehicle. Usually this would cue 30 - 45 mini-action scene where one car drives recklessly around to lose it's pursuers. In this episode it's 4 second CG cut of a car moving forward one lane. It doesn't even include a shot of the supposed pursuers suggesting they didn't even have the time or budget to bother with them.

Still, on the positive side this turned out to be a pretty good episode because it actually focused on the things the show does well, e.g. the characters which have largely been left behind for an entire arc.

KILL LA KILL - 17

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

IT'S HAAAAAAAAAAPEEEEEEEENNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNG.

I knew it was coming, we all knew it would be like this. But the execution of it all. The way it was the moment was presented was brilliant!

I almost jumped out of my seat when that moment happened.

cajunator

Banned
Wooser S2 1-5

woosers23.jpg

It's been so long since the last one I almost forgot just how skeevy Wooser is!

Well this show does have one of the best ED.

If you didn't think Captain Earth character designs were silly enough, here's a couple more:

The fellow on the right is Amara, and he's voiced by Kenichi Suzumura. The girl on the left is Moko, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

I highly doubt their characters are married, though.

Thats not so much design as putting a jacket on a girl in her undergarments. It works though.

http://chaika-anime.jp/

Chaika anime updated with more staff/cast stuff. Still no PV. Still no screens. Hope BONES is actually working on it!

New stuff:
Concept/Mecha Design: Fumihiro Katagai
Prop Design: Ryo Hirata
Creature Design: Takuhito Kusanagi
Chief Animation Directors: Nobuhiro Arai, Masahiro Suwa
Music: Seikou Nagaoka

Chaika is Chika Anzai
Junji Majima, Yuko Hara, and Chiwa Saito are the other people.

I do love goth lolis carrying a huge rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom