• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 1

I can't help but feel there's a bunch of cultural information in this that's going over my head. In any case,
teenage girls with an insane we-are-each-other's-reincarnation theory could only ever end badly. I guess I'll find out what this story has to do with the head in the box eventually.

It's possible you're missing some cultural stuff, but if I remember episode 1 correctly, those girls have about as firm a grasp on Romantic literature as Kasuga has on Baudelaire.

Gintama 17

You know I'm not exactly the best when it comes to catching voices, but the fact Koyasu uses the same voice he uses for both Takasugi in this and for Jin in Phi Brain, I was able to catch it better and it weirds me out.

That said, the inventor's story was kind of sad, but ultimately it had a happy ending after everything is sad and done. Things got relatively serious for a second too. Although we're still missing that ninja chick from ep 1 before we get everyone introduced.

Gintama 17

You know I'm not exactly the best when it comes to catching voices, but the fact Koyasu uses the same voice he uses for both Takasugi in this and for Jin in Phi Brain, I was able to catch it better and it weirds me out.

That said, the inventor's story was kind of sad, but ultimately it had a happy ending after everything is sad and done. Things got relatively serious for a second too. Although we're still missing that ninja chick from ep 1 before we get everyone introduced.

lol that's not exactly everyone of the recurring characters, but it is a majority I guess.

Narag

Sailor Moon Stars 171

upQawmql.png

legs even CLAMP could be proud of

despite the nice adventurous way to close the ep, wish they'd taken a different route with this as this is pretty heavy stuff to open with and I think it sorta cheapens the end of SuperS by bringing Nehelenia back.
the whole withdrawl by Nehelenia in SuperS more or less forcing the draw at the end of SuperS was so nice and fit the character well.

i've no idea if this was intentional or not but given the creative changes the series went through, i doubt this was some overarching villain arc planned to bridge shows. this is probably a bad analogy but this feels akin to when comic writer would come in after another writer's run and start undoing shit for the sake of their vision or editorial's. fucking chuck austen & xorn

fwiw the next ep preview looked great though

Anyone else watching Noragami? It's pretty good :)

Yeah, a group of us are watching it. Not much discussion over the show has gone on besides episode reviews and recently posting some news about anime original characters. But nothing to really say outside of the show being enjoyable and having potential. We'll have to see how it goes from where it currently is, but apparently it's going to get serious. Which I wouldn't mind.

Articalys

If you didn't think Captain Earth character designs were silly enough, here's a couple more:
The fellow on the right is Amara, and he's voiced by Kenichi Suzumura. The girl on the left is Moko, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

I highly doubt their characters are married, though.

cajunator

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer! 1+2

or

The Hero is a Tsundere!

Yes, this is what I chose to fill the slot vacated by Space Dandy, and thus far I'm enjoying it quite a bit more. Granted, it may have something to do with the fact that I used to work at McDonalds, but I found it funny and amusing.

youll enjoy Maou Sama definitely but have you herd of Yuusibu also? Sorta the same idea but in a magical world setting.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 01

Enjoyable pilot episode, I'll stick with it!

That Uka-san though, woooooooow! <3

Uka is GORGEOUSSSSSS

It was a bit harsh but it has a bit of truth as well.
Having said that why no Nendos?

Nendos have too many parts and I like the chibi look in drawings but I dont like how it translates to 3D.

Lol so Google Now just let me know that rightstuf has new content and it linked me to some hentai. Thanks Google Now....

I had no idea that site even sold them. Only thing I bought from there was Baccano.

Absolutely rightstuf sells hentai. They have an adult section of their catalog.
Funnily enough FYE now displays their hentai selection in full view. they dont give a fuck anymore.

Jarmel

Banned
If you didn't think Captain Earth character designs were silly enough, here's a couple more:

The fellow on the right is Amara, and he's voiced by Kenichi Suzumura. The girl on the left is Moko, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

Kiraboshi!

Mothman91

And that's what makes Girls und Panzer such a good sports show. Even though it's set in an insane world where girls playfighting with tanks is a sport, they always win due to superior tactics and effort, not magical shounen powers.
"Misdirect"
Because you fucking suck at basketball.

duckroll

http://chaika-anime.jp/

Chaika anime updated with more staff/cast stuff. Still no PV. Still no screens. Hope BONES is actually working on it!

New stuff:
Concept/Mecha Design: Fumihiro Katagai
Prop Design: Ryo Hirata
Creature Design: Takuhito Kusanagi
Chief Animation Directors: Nobuhiro Arai, Masahiro Suwa
Music: Seikou Nagaoka

Chaika is Chika Anzai
Junji Majima, Yuko Hara, and Chiwa Saito are the other people.

http://chaika-anime.jp/

Chaika anime updated with more staff/cast stuff. Still no PV. Still no screens. Hope BONES is actually working on it!

New stuff:
Concept/Mecha Design: Fumihiro Katagai
Prop Design: Ryo Hirata
Creature Design: Takuhito Kusanagi
Chief Animation Directors: Nobuhiro Arai, Masahiro Suwa
Music: Seikou Nagaoka

Chaika is Chika Anzai
Junji Majima, Yuko Hara, and Chiwa Saito are the other people.

BONES are mentioned here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvjqf7c6g-s&feature=player_embedded

Man, is that what passes for a preview? lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 13:

Once again, this episode realizes that wrapping shit up in the first 5 minutes tends to be a bad idea. I will note I didn't give one shit about the
psuedo-death of Reinforce since she was such a late stage character that the focus and the onus of sacrifice should have been on them since the show spent the whole series with them and thus the emotional investment lies with them. Anyway, after all that is wrapped up the local characters who I almost forgot existed are finally let in on the huge secret. I see what they are doing here, the local elements felt out of place at the beginning of Season 2, which is why they have been out of focus. They are basically wrapping up the old setting and characters as well as aging up the cast in order to maintain continuity. A move I happen to agree with since the City setting is just wasted space at this point.

Series Review:

A much better outing this time around, the first season was plagued not just with the obvious let us spend half the series trying to be a magical girl show and then trans-morph into Gundam thing but also just the downright odd pacing issues. Indeed this season, while overhyped by the community, still enjoyed a consistency and pace that was pleasing. The fights were pretty spectacular, when they were allowed to happened, indeed I still have not forgiven the run-in twins for basically ruining many of which should have been the defining fights of the season. You know it is bad when even the characters were not happy with the results and wanted that good, clean fight. Anyway, the big weakness of this season undoubtedly goes to its "villians" if one could ever call them that. Not going to lie I found the Cloud Knights boring as fuck, basically being a watered down retread of
Season One Fate
and the big bad of the season, while being the epic encounter this show needed, was so convoluted I really had no idea what the heroes were trying to accomplish at first. Finally, it is amusing when this show attempts ship-teasing, because it is very evident that Fate and Naoha are going to be sharing a bed when they grow up.

duckroll

I can't really take Maaya seriously when she plays characters with large breasts showing cleavage. Judging from the designs though, taking this show seriously would be a mistake though! Lol. :)

Articalys

Erm, I know this is their show. Duh. Why would I post about it otherwise?! It's a joke about how they have 5 shows in production at the same time and there's no trailer, so I hope it's actually being made! :p
Well, if Space Dandy really is split cour then that gives them a reprieve... maybe.

I guess the fun part will be trying to guess which show will suffer the most.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches 10

This episode is all about boobs. Actually its about more than that but that scene stood out.
With the major recovering from her wounds, Miyafuji is placed under house arrest but breaks out because the Neuroi seem to have a secret shes curious about.
It doesnt end too well but I will have to watch episode 11 now. Sanya looked CUUUUUUUUUUUTE in this episode as she typically does. She cant help it really.

duckroll

Well, if Space Dandy really is split cour then that gives them a reprieve... maybe.

I guess the fun part will be trying to guess which show will suffer the most.

I think the current status looks something like this:

Noragami will be done by the time the other 3 shows start.

Captain Earth seems to have a complete staff on its own, since a lot of the regular animators and mecha crew from Star Driver aren't really on any of the current shows, so that should be fine.

Chaika is a bit worrying because they still have nothing to show for it, and some of the Zetsuen animators at D Studio have been working on Noragami, so that could have had some overlap.

Soul Eater Not seems to be fronted by entirely non-BONES folks, so I have no idea who's even really working on it at BONES. Even the composite is outsourced to T2, while all the other 4 shows are by the internal BONES photography team.

cnet128

Banned
SKET Dance 24-25: Switch

Best arc? No. Bestest arc? No.

Switch Off is BESTESTEST arc.

Bossun's backstory is pretty good too. Himeko's is...all right

Nendos have too many parts and I like the chibi look in drawings but I dont like how it translates to 3D.

*tuts loudly* Nendoroids are amazing. I don't actually have any of the full-size ones, but my Nendoroid Petit of Rin may be one of my most treasured possessions.

I have this whole set:

iXuKcvuV343RD.jpg

EDIT: Realised the standard Miku is missing from that picture, so here's an extra image so she doesn't feel left out:
iZQcklrtRE6xp.jpg

Rin and Len live on my desk at work and bring me happiness through the day.

(I really should buy a full-size Nendoroid one of these days, I don't know why I haven't yet.)

Now, continuing the new tradition(?) of fitting in an episode before work:

Fresh Precure! 5

In which we are introduced to a group of three boys who seem to be positioned as love interests for the Cures. Or rather, the Cures are love interests for them, because that's certainly the direction the affections seem to be going at this point.

This episode was largely focused on Yuuki, the boy with the shaved head who has a massive thing for Miki. Poor guy, talk about aiming for the unattainable. He did get a chance to prove his COURAGE in this episode, though (climbing up a Nakiwameke to save his friend) and got a compliment from Miki for his troubles. mktn knpk etc.

Personally I'm more interested in Daisuke, the de facto "leader" of the three guys' group, who is a massive male tsundere for Love. It's cute. The two of them have a real osananajimi dynamic going on (though I'm not sure if they actually are osananajimi), with Love treating him like a bro and being completely oblivious to his feelings. Don't give up, Daisuke! I'm rooting for you!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Water and Heart?

Articalys

*tuts loudly* Nendoroids are amazing. I don't actually have any of the full-size ones, but my Nendoroid Petit of Rin may be one of my most treasured possessions.

I have this whole set:

Rin and Len live on my desk at work and bring me happiness through the day.

(I really should buy a full-size Nendoroid one of these days, I don't know why I haven't yet.)
Why would anybody willingly buy a standalone Hachune Miku figure of any kind when the normal Miku looks so much better? Even if it was for the sake of completing a set...

zeroshiki

I have a Nendo of Kagami from Lucky Star cosplaying as Hatsune Miku. Its the only Hatsune Miku related thing I can stand to own.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 1:

Okay, well, I really call into this question the Mahou Shoujo portion of that title because holy fuck this show like, well, I am not exactly sure which anime this look like, but it is very familiar and it is bugging the shit out of me. Anyway, this has developed a Sci-Fi Action Shonen look and for fuck sakes could it have killed them to give the characters from previous seasons different outfits and weapons? The actual remnants of the magical girl origins really look dated and out of place here.
No wonder the manga Nanoha Force finally ditched the last of the trappings. That is something that should have happened here.
Anyway, it looks like this season is going to be much more team focused and I am not sold on the newbies yet. The lover's quarrel there in the middle got rather dull and I stopped paying attention.

Quasar

I might check it out, but I don't have a Crunchyroll premium membership at the moment.

I'd say just give it a chance. I found it got a bit more interesting a few episodes in when it got more into its commentary on retail and a bit less focused on breast shots. It actually did more with that than Maou-sama did with fast food.

Hunter x Hunter 47
So yeah, this is pretty damn good. I can see why others were hyping this arc. Though
Kurapika being able to use every Nen type to 100% seems a bit overpowered. I'm sure they'll subvert that though.

fertygo

Hunter x Hunter 47
So yeah, this is pretty damn good. I can see why others were hyping this arc. Though
Kurapika being able to use every Nen type to 100% seems a bit overpowered. I'm sure they'll subvert that though.

Jacknicholson.gif

I have answer for that spoiler but I'm not sure how far you in the series right now, so I better just shut up :)

Taruranto

wat

They look like they belong in a complete different show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nobunaga the Fool 5

I dunno, stuff happened. Bottom of the page anyway, so I'm not gonna go too deep into things.

Man, could they have telegraphed Nobuhide's death ANY harder? Mitsuhide being the one who poisoned Nobunaga caught me by surprise, though. And Caesar's War Armor is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom