• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now, I feel like if we continue down this path it'll end with insults. Let's just admit that we all have our opinions over what constitutes good anime. If you like KEY anime, and if somebody else doesn't, all to you. Nobody's opinion matters more.

Besides mine. Since I actually like Psycho-Pass. Fuck all of you. ALL of your favorite anime are shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Now now, I feel like if we continue down this path it'll end with insults. Let's just admit that we all have our opinions over what constitutes good anime. If you like KEY anime, and if somebody else doesn't, all to you. Nobody's opinion matters more.

Besides mine. Since I actually like Psycho-Pass. Fuck all of you. ALL of your favorite anime are shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Psycho Pass is cool. Never finished it though because of the hoops I had to jump through to watch it. I don't remember the last episode I watched. Maybe episode 20?

I remember the worst criminals were part of this massive computer and I believe the main antagonist destroyed all the brains or something to that effect
. That's the last thing I remember of the show.

Also I don't feel offended. I feel like we are having constructive discussions. Everyone has an opinion and one isn't more right than another. I don't mind what people think of my taste just because I like Clannad/After Story and Angel Beats. It's what I like. I don't mind being picked on. It's all in good fun.

wonzo

Banned
Witch Craft Works 5

witchcraftw5.jpg

CG Medusa turned out much better than I expected and I'm surprised Evermillion wasn't a CG mess either. Mizushima continues to amaze!

I have no idea what you're trying to imply here but to each his own.
I'm merely giving such high art the praise it deserves.

Link Man

Banned
Higurashi 6

I need to start watching these earlier in the night, found it hard to stay awake. Not much happened until the end, but they did reveal a dark secret of the town, and there's been
a divergence from the first story
. But if they stick to the formula they've set up, next episode should start getting interesting.

fertygo

Psycho Pass is cool. Never finished it though because of the hoops I had to jump through to watch it. I don't remember the last episode I watched. Maybe episode 20?

I remember the worst criminals were part of this massive computer and I believe the main antagonist destroyed all the brains or something to that effect
. That's the last thing I remember of the show.

Also I don't feel offended. I feel like we are having constructive discussions. Everyone has an opinion and one isn't more right than another. I don't mind what people think of my taste just because I like Clannad/After Story and Angel Beats. It's what I like. I don't mind being picked on. It's all in good fun.

Since you liking Angel Beats, can you enlighten me what happening in episode 11?

I have not enough wisdom to figure that on my own, and the fan like DTL won't explain it either T__T

Since you liking Angel Beats, can you enlighten me what happening in episode 11?

I have not enough wisdom to figure that on my own, and the fan like DTL won't explain it either T__T

Can you be more specific? You can use spoiler tags. Does it have to do with
the shadows? Or are you referring to the program that runs the world?

fertygo

^
Yeah that so korean manhwa.
Can you be more specific? You can use spoiler tags. Does it have to do with
the shadows? Or are you referring to the program that runs the world?

Whatever that happened in that infodump lol

Or you can just make short synopsis about that episode.

Reknoc

I don't feel like making a thread but have you ever thought to yourself how much your life was lacking idols and zombies? Well, never fear, Bandai Namco has got just the solution for you.

I'll give you time to pick your jaw up from the floor. Ok? So its apparently a light gun game and "you" get to partner with one member and then go around shooting the other zombie-fied members. However (!!) when AKB48 music starts to play, the zombies start dancing and it err... turns into a rhythm game.

I... don't know what to say.

GOTY

Articalys

Sakura Trick 5

Ironically, I think the two main girls who haven't show any major yuri tendencies yet are becoming my favorites, mostly because it's so much fun watching them try to keep the others in line (or, alternately, egging them on).

Also, it really says something when even I can tell how Hidamari this show is in style despite never actually having watched a full episode of Hidamari.

^
Yeah that so korean manhwa.

Whatever that happened in that infodump lol

Or you can just make short synopsis about that episode.

FYI this explains things all the way up to the end of Angel Beats. episode 11,12 and 13 are needed to really understand why everything happened the way it did.

Well...
The whole point of that world is to let young souls who died live out what they couldn't do in their previous "unfair lives". The world is there to teach them that their memories of their previous lives aren't bad and that their lives did in fact have meaning. Once someone realizes this and has no lingering emotion they can "pass on" (resurrect onto earth). Now, there was once someone who fell in love in that world. One day he woke up to realize his partner had "passed on" without him. Now in this world you can create something from anything so long as you had knowledge of it in their previous life. So what he did was he didn't want someone to go through what he did when his lover passed on. He created a program that forced people to move on after a certain period of time. The NPC's turn into shadows and attack these people if they don't move on.

This program runs it's course even after the creator of it passed on. The thing that activates this program is love. When love sprouts the program activates. The point of the world is to not find love but to pass on. So when love is found in the world this program activates to basically devour people and force them to move on. When Yuri finds this out she destroys the computers that run this program therefore destroying all the shadows and (basically) the reset button of the world.

Now you might be asking yourself "well when did "love" sprout in this world"? Well there was one trigger. Kanade and Yuzuru. Kanade realized Yuzuru didn't have a heart because in his previous life he donated it to her unknowingly. That's when she fell in love with him and Yuzuru always said since episode 8 that he wanted to be with Kanade. Thus this set off the trigger for the shadows to appear.

I hope this helps answer your questions. If not you can ask me any follow up.

Edit:
Worst page.

I didn't say I didn't like it, just not as much as Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats or Little Busters.

Thoraxes

Amazon posted larger pics for the new mags, I'll post the one for Animage since people seem to still like K-On, here's hoping drop scans them (there's not a pole long enough for me to touch and post the K-On thread on GAF).

Azu-nyan is the cutest ever.

Vito

Banned
drop posted some stuff, Sakura Trick! (these tall vertical ones are always a pain to post since they take so much space)

I'll just post the Chu2koi one but feel free to grab from minus and repost if you fancy something.

fertygo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - 11
SDBurton intensifies
FYI this explains things all the way up to the end of Angel Beats. episode 11,12 and 13 are needed to really understand why everything happened the way it did.
*snip*

I didn't say I didn't like it, just not as much as Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats or Little Busters.
So yeah.. I still don't understand lol
Thank you anyway, that's fun read!
Amazon posted larger pics for the new mags, I'll post the one for Animage since people seem to still like K-On, here's hoping drop scans them (there's not a pole long enough for me to touch and post the K-On thread on GAF).
Yui is so cute in that pic

cnet128

Banned

IN MY VEINS. NOW.

Engaged to the unidentified - 05

her vain attempts being disrupted by every sweat shop on her path

Well this show just got significantly darker =p

You know, I think Zel pretty much gave up on AnimeGAF so already the number is diminished, and maybe it's Stockholm or whatever, but I guess I'm one of the few people who enjoy 2Chuu2Furious. Go figure.

I still love Chuuni!

Clannad: The After Storying 4

Nice little Sunohara arc, although I kind of wish it was longer. Also, the conclusion felt slightly unsatisfying? It felt like it just kind of ended,
By punching your problems out like MEN.

This is how mans work. Just add punching, instant resolution.

Chu2Koi Ren 05

くみん先輩マジ天使!

And how!

How long are we deprived of Corvo's Higurashi impressions?

This is the greatest tragedy =(

Actually I know it's not popular but after finishing After Story I do like Nagisa the most. Had I not watched After Story than yes Kyou and Tomoyo are the best.

Mei > Fuuko > Nagisa > Ryou > Kyou > Kotomi > Tomoyo

...And the show's best pairing is Nagisa x Ryou.

To go at it another direction, this and the discussion that followed is probably AnimeGAF's crowning achievement.

Well, that was certainly a rabbit hole.

I think large portions of this debate could probably have been avoided by assuming that Haruyuki's diminutive height is an artistic choice to reflect his diminutive self-worth and not intended to be taken literally. Most variations in perspective can therefore be justified by his apparent height shifting to suit the scene at hand!

I don't feel like making a thread but have you ever thought to yourself how much your life was lacking idols and zombies? Well, never fear, Bandai Namco has got just the solution for you.

I'll give you time to pick your jaw up from the floor. Ok? So its apparently a light gun game and "you" get to partner with one member and then go around shooting the other zombie-fied members. However (!!) when AKB48 music starts to play, the zombies start dancing and it err... turns into a rhythm game.

I think whoever came up with this concept deserves a medal.

Fresh Precure! 8

Oh hey, attack upgrades already? I guess that goes some way towards justifying the lacklustre attacks that they started out with.

Chiffon is a source of constant d'awwwwwww.

wonzo

Banned
Angel Beats! 3

abeats3.jpg

Another episode, another harem addition that you can probably fuck in the upcoming eroge, complete with a tragic backstory of her own. To be fair, it wasn't as dumb a "past" as the last one was but the
disappeared into thin air after such a lame song bit
more than made up for it.

abeats3a.jpg

either the writing staff, the way they view the audience or both

Man, I really can't get over just how dumb the last ep was w/r/t to flashback stuff. I mean,
wouldn't the criminals have just killed afterwards to leave no witnesses?
Unless that's supposed to be a twist in which case lmao.

Still, if I hadn't put up with such brilliant writing then then I would've missed out on such impeccable visual treats such as:

I guess it's a good thing the staff behind this were all thinking on the same wavelength as I am right now!

abeats3f.jpg

Please say there will be a console port :(

Angel Beats! 3

abeats3.jpg

Another episode, another harem addition that you can probably fuck in the upcoming eroge, complete with a tragic backstory of her own. To be fair, it wasn't as dumb a "past" as the last one was but the
disappeared into thin air after such a lame song bit
more than made up for it.

Man, I really can't get over just how dumb the last ep was w/r/t to flashback stuff. I mean,
wouldn't the criminals have just killed afterwards to leave no witnesses?
Unless that's supposed to be a twist in which case lmao.

Still, if I hadn't put up with such brilliant writing then then I would've missed out on such impeccable visual treats such as:

I guess it's a good thing the staff behind this were all thinking on the same wavelength as I am right now!

abeats3f.jpg

Why are you watching it subbed? IMO it's much better dubbed.

Not sure if sarcasm in regards to the shows animation but the concerts are really well animated. I love it. On Blu-ray it's a very pretty anime.

Also what more do you want from Iwasawa? My Song was a great song. I am starting to wonder if there's a worlds difference between the sub and dub.

My Song

Vito

Banned

http://moca-news.net/article/20140206/201402062100a/01/ (I have a sneaking suspicion if I were to check twitter I'd see scott green faving the tweeting) Speaking of Mikakunin: https://twitter.com/vischio36/status/430728685763567616

Anyways, Manga Time Kirara has Madoka on the cover

Also bigger key visual for the Gonzo MMORPG anime Blade & Soul, might as well post it, since I yapped about it when the staff was announced:

http://moca-news.net/article/20140207/201402071846a/image001.html

Happiness Charge Precure 1

It was alright I guess. Decent enough setup. Cure Fortune seems pretty cool, but she hates Princess for some reason. Also Cure Princess may take the "History's Weakest Precure" title from Cure Blossom (who did become strong in her own right at the end). She hasn't even won a fight yet. She's like, the expansion Bucs of Precure.

Top hat villain is pretty swag. And this Blue friend of Hime is a sexy beast
it's actually pretty impressive that cure princess managed to snatch that title from cure blossom . She can't even beat regular monster #1
Something that "Mana" was almost able to do in human form !
Such a shift in characters.
*not sure of the last thing I hate watched..... besides Max Heart and Doki*
According to my humming bird profile my last hate show was gundam AGE.
Only because i believed that there was this twist that would change everything and that everything was planned and that they were being stupid on purpose so that the twist would be better.

Turn out that everyone in gundam age are morons, clueless or stupid people except one guy , but he died.
Why did you kill the only intelligent character in this show SUNRISSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE ?

Oh god it make me mad just thinking about it.

Un-Go: Complete

It started out strong, fizzled a bit near the end, as every anime it needed to add an
akira monster battle
and it ended on a good if not extremely vague note. I was entertained, the main character didn't have much of a personality besides serious detective. But I guess that ended up working in his favor? I don't know I enjoyed him. The main antagonist to him, who worked a bit like his Mycroft, was very interesting too. There was a bit of a romance mixed in with all of this as well, though nothing really developed from it besides a hint here and there. Shame it could have added some spice to it.

I'm not interested in the backstory enough to watch episode 0, but I'd still recommend the show for everybody who wants to watch a solid BONES show. I know I've said it multiple times but the ED for this show was AMAZING. AMAAAAAAAAAAZING. If that ED was a woman you have no idea what I'd be willing to do to her. Like take her out to a nice dinner. Listen to her. Be interested in her life.
and stick it in her pooper

The weakness of the show was the supernatural element. I don't know what it is with sci-fi detective/noir shows and having to add a supernatural element. Speed Grapher AND this show would have been better without it.
ED is godly, no problem.
I don't think that the show would have been better without the supernatural, it's just too difficult to make a intresting detective show if you don't go supernatural and expand your limits a little. there is no fun factor otherwise.

WHAT THE HELL !

Well this show just got significantly darker =p
Well Noted

Bombless

Samurai Flamenco 16

WaveOfFeels.gif + :SDBurton

Once again I am amazed by how easily this series goes from wtf to serious and back at the drop of a hat. <3 Samumenco.

Gbraga

Are there any good animes featuring futas? I don't want hentai, just a cute anime with cute and funny scenes like hiding erections.

Don't judge me.

cnet128

Banned
Are there any good animes featuring futas? I don't want hentai, just a cute anime with cute and funny scenes like hiding erections.

Don't judge me.

The only non-hentai anime I can think of that includes anything like that is Sasami-san, and even there it only really comes up briefly.

Don't judge me.

Comedy and no hentai are some tight restrictions

I think I've watched one or two OVA's that are like this, though the names escape me. If I think of them I'll PM you.

Gbraga

The only non-hentai anime I can think of that includes anything like that is Sasami-san, and even there it only really comes up briefly.

Wow, did a quick google search and I love the art! Definitely backlogged.

Comedy and no hentai are some tight restrictions

I think I've watched one or two OVA's that are like this, though the names escape me. If I think of them I'll PM you.

Thank you!

I don't mind if it is hentai, I guess, I just don't want the whole point of it to be sex, otherwise I'd just look for futanari hentai and there would be plenty.

zeroshiki

Seiyuu Miyamoto Kanako has announced that she is taking a break from the industry because of health reasons. She apparently played Cure Sword in Dokidoki Precure, Sawatari Ko in Tamayura and Arata Naru in AO.

Jintor

Don't judge me.

No anime, but I do know the guy who does Nana to Kaoru has another manga about that topic without being hentai. I think. Difficult to tell.

Westlo

Hayashi da gawds main theme for Robotic;Notes, pure piff, hope he brings his A-game to Soul Eater Not, as long as the material allows it.

That's one of my favorite episodes. The other one is the one he meets the singer.

I really liked that Casshen Sins episode, even if it was the last one I watched, it just fell into my backlog hole. Maybe I'll pick it up again one day.... "I wanna be a star...."

Also I checked like all (one or two) of the previous anime threads before 2013 and couldn't find a single hit for "Miyukichi". You're welcome.

Yo!

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden Z 3

In which Jun gets drawn into magical bullshit.

iYJ9nW3FurtYb.jpg

I spend all this time trying to avoid being an anime protagonist, and this is what I get.

But it's okay. I like how it's going so far. We won't know for sure until next episode, I guess, but even the weird split universes and time travel aren't taking away from Jun's development. His years of struggles have built this caustic, cynical shell around him that's going to take time to undo.

iqmcwEefcrHR7.jpg
ibayE2vfahf1B5.jpg

The imagery bookending this flashback isn't just a cool transition, I like how it really fit the tone of the event, from the idyll of childhood to the dark, choking haze of puberty. Kids suck.

Also, it turns out his hair is lighter because he dyed it. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom