• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episodes 36-39 + The Movie.

Episode 36 was my favourite of the last few episodes that I've watched. An Aiko episode that was more on lighthearted side the usual. I approved of it if only to see Leon fail badly at sports and Oyajide bumbling into another accidental Hana kidnapping.

The Movie was definately had better animation than the main series, oddly it seemed like it had very high contrast for some reason, not sure if that was intentional or not though. The story had more of a focus on Pop and Doremi's relationship with each other with them having an argument with each other and then them eventually patching up after a heart to heart talk with each other, the standard fare in Doremi really. Will be interesting watching Episode 40 after watching this.
It's probably nothing to do with the Witch Heart Flower at all.

Only 10 episodes left to watch of this series. It's going by so quickly and I can't help but watch it at this pace!

Defuser

Golden Time ep 17
Nice to see Mitsuo getting involved this time. The guy has been sidelined for sometime while building up his fair share of troubles of being shitted on for the couple of episodes. Being harassed by Koko, finally break away from her only to have Oka rejected him, Linda is not interested in him and now he thinks Banri is hiding from him despite being his best friend. The poor guy sonner or later gonna explode.

JFLwWQ3.jpg

Ritsu's my shining star <3

cnet128

Banned

Seeing these is just making me wonder what I've been wondering ever since I read the original novels - what are they going to do about Kirito's voice?

I mean, it would seem a bit of a stretch to the suspension of belief if multiple people were to mistake him for a woman while he's still voiced by Matsuoka Yoshitsugu. I fully expect them to stick with Matsuoka anyway because that voice is so closely identified with Kirito (and it's not like they made any effort to disguise Suguha's voice as Leafa, despite the fact that it both spoiled the reveal to the viewer that they were the same person and made it significantly less believable that Kirito didn't realise who she was), but I'm still holding out a vain hope that they'll put in some actual effort this time and at least get him to try to sound somewhat feminine, if not get a different VA altogether.

Ironically enough I would have cited Miyukichi as the perfect choice, since she has one of the few voices that's just as believable for a male or a female (and it would have been SO entertaining to watch AnimeGAF squirm hearing their least favourite character being voiced by their favourite seiyuu), but she's already playing the other lead character of the arc -.-

Articalys

Matsuoka's character in Rinne no Lagrange got stuffed into a maid outfit and was mistaken for a girl multiple times, so I think he has enough range for it.

Besides, you know the fact that his avatar is so girly is only really used for some quick jokes early on and isn't much of a plot point afterwards (IIRC).

cnet128

Banned
Matsuoka's character in Rinne no Lagrange got stuffed into a maid outfit and was mistaken for a girl multiple times, so I think he has enough range for it.

Besides, you know the fact that his avatar is so girly is only really used for some quick jokes early on and isn't much of a plot point afterwards (IIRC).

I wouldn't say that.
Shinon believes he's a girl for the entirety of his first foray into GGO (initially as a misunderstanding, but Kirito winds up actively encouraging it), and when she finds out he "tricked" her it causes bad blood between them that goes on for quite a while. It's true that the girlishness of his avatar isn't much of a plot point after that (the only other time I recall it being relevant was when his friends are watching the tournament and don't recognise him, and I doubt they'd be able to hear his voice then anyway), but we'll still be dealing with him looking like a girl for the whole of the arc, so I'd personally prefer it if he had a voice that matched the look better.

Articalys

we'll still be dealing with him looking like a girl for the whole of the arc, so I'd personally prefer it if he had a voice that matched the look better.
Yeah, I guess I didn't feel that would be as important once he gets outed to Shinon. Did the books ever even address a change in his voice?

Solune

Consider it done.

---

Looking back I should have bailed out here.

But then I really enjoyed Eureka's return, so eh.
Haha sometimes I'd like to be able to favorite posts.
The OP track is really outstanding too. One of my favs from that season.
RIP School Food Punishment.
Holy fucking Christ. Manga is supposed to be better than Amerianga because DC and Marvel are afraid to end their books. I guess everyone is equally guilty of milking their audiences dry.

So wrong.

Just think of it like re-capturing a target in galge.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi &#9839; - Episodes 36-39 + The Movie.

Only 10 episodes left to watch of this series. It's going by so quickly and I can't help but watch it at this pace!
It was the same for me. Once it became clear that the party was still alive going into Sharp it was an absolutely effortless marathon.

cnet128

Banned
Yeah, I guess I didn't feel that would be as important once he gets outed to Shinon. Did the books ever even address a change in his voice?

I don't have the books handy right now to check, I might have a look in a bit when I get home from work, but I think in the books the assumption is that avatars' voices are completely separate from their users' in general. Hence why Leafa and Kirito were able to spend so much time together in ALO without ever realising who one another were - in the end I believe Kirito notices that Leafa's mannerisms are similar to Sugu's, but never brings up her voice as a clue to her identity. So presumably the rare effeminate avatars in GGO would have effeminate voices to match.

The exceptions would of course be avatars from SAO, which were specifically designed to match their users' real-life appearances, so the voices would probably match as well. And since the SAO players' ALO avatars are largely adapted from their SAO ones (I think even Kirito adjusts his to match his SAO appearance in the end), presumably the SAO crew would have their real-life voices in ALO as well. But in general, avatars in VRMMOs seem to be created randomly by the system, including their voices.

Seiyuu Miyamoto Kanako has announced that she is taking a break from the industry because of health reasons. She apparently played Cure Sword in Dokidoki Precure, Sawatari Ko in Tamayura and Arata Naru in AO.

Damn you Doki/Decade!

Ojamajo Doremi &#9839; - Episodes 36-39 + The Movie.

Episode 36 was my favourite of the last few episodes that I've watched. An Aiko episode that was more on lighthearted side the usual. I approved of it if only to see Leon fail badly at sports and Oyajide bumbling into another accidental Hana kidnapping.

The Movie was definately had better animation than the main series, oddly it seemed like it had very high contrast for some reason, not sure if that was intentional or not though. The story had more of a focus on Pop and Doremi's relationship with each other with them having an argument with each other and then them eventually patching up after a heart to heart talk with each other, the standard fare in Doremi really. Will be interesting watching Episode 40 after watching this.
It's probably nothing to do with the Witch Heart Flower at all.

I wouldn't mind 40 getting it's own post, because it's one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

cajunator

Banned
I don't feel like making a thread but have you ever thought to yourself how much your life was lacking idols and zombies? Well, never fear, Bandai Namco has got just the solution for you.

I'll give you time to pick your jaw up from the floor. Ok? So its apparently a light gun game and "you" get to partner with one member and then go around shooting the other zombie-fied members. However (!!) when AKB48 music starts to play, the zombies start dancing and it err... turns into a rhythm game.

I... don't know what to say.

Well this is one of the coolect things ever.

Now now, I feel like if we continue down this path it'll end with insults. Let's just admit that we all have our opinions over what constitutes good anime. If you like KEY anime, and if somebody else doesn't, all to you. Nobody's opinion matters more.

Besides mine. Since I actually like Psycho-Pass. Fuck all of you. ALL of your favorite anime are shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Haibane Renmei is shit? ;_;

Sakura Trick 5

Ironically, I think the two main girls who haven't show any major yuri tendencies yet are becoming my favorites, mostly because it's so much fun watching them try to keep the others in line (or, alternately, egging them on).

Also, it really says something when even I can tell how Hidamari this show is in style despite never actually having watched a full episode of Hidamari.

The Hidamariness is the very best thing about it!

Best page in a while.

Second best.

Worst page.

lol yeah. Some great gifs lately.

FYI this explains things all the way up to the end of Angel Beats. episode 11,12 and 13 are needed to really understand why everything happened the way it did.

Well...
The whole point of that world is to let young souls who died live out what they couldn't do in their previous "unfair lives". The world is there to teach them that their memories of their previous lives aren't bad and that their lives did in fact have meaning. Once someone realizes this and has no lingering emotion they can "pass on" (resurrect onto earth). Now, there was once someone who fell in love in that world. One day he woke up to realize his partner had "passed on" without him. Now in this world you can create something from anything so long as you had knowledge of it in their previous life. So what he did was he didn't want someone to go through what he did when his lover passed on. He created a program that forced people to move on after a certain period of time. The NPC's turn into shadows and attack these people if they don't move on.

This program runs it's course even after the creator of it passed on. The thing that activates this program is love. When love sprouts the program activates. The point of the world is to not find love but to pass on. So when love is found in the world this program activates to basically devour people and force them to move on. When Yuri finds this out she destroys the computers that run this program therefore destroying all the shadows and (basically) the reset button of the world.

Now you might be asking yourself "well when did "love" sprout in this world"? Well there was one trigger. Kanade and Yuzuru. Kanade realized Yuzuru didn't have a heart because in his previous life he donated it to her unknowingly. That's when she fell in love with him and Yuzuru always said since episode 8 that he wanted to be with Kanade. Thus this set off the trigger for the shadows to appear.

I hope this helps answer your questions. If not you can ask me any follow up.

Edit:

I didn't say I didn't like it, just not as much as Clannad, After Story, Angel Beats or Little Busters.

Think of angel Beats as a worsely written, teenage angst version of Haibane Renmei. I like it but I dont love it like Haibane. But it explores similar themes and concepts.

Amazon posted larger pics for the new mags, I'll post the one for Animage since people seem to still like K-On, here's hoping drop scans them (there's not a pole long enough for me to touch and post the K-On thread on GAF).

Unrelated: Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi movie PV2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6HMci0gVY

where can I buy this magazine? I want these pinups.

drop posted some stuff, Sakura Trick! (these tall vertical ones are always a pain to post since they take so much space)

I'll just post the Chu2koi one but feel free to grab from minus and repost if you fancy something.

Thanks as always!

I think the next somewhat hype disaster will be Captain Earth. It hasn't been majorly hyped sure, but I've seen nothing but positive stuff said about it and I just feel it's going to be bland.

I mean as many faults as Heroman has, at least it as MURICA in it so I'm entertained. Does Captain Planet have MURICA AND THAT GOD DANG RED WHITE N BLUE? I don't think so.

Mature

^NSA Watch 2014

I think the next somewhat hype disaster will be Captain Earth. It hasn't been majorly hyped sure, but I've seen nothing but positive stuff said about it and I just feel it's going to be bland.

I mean as many faults as Heroman has, at least it as MURICA in it so I'm entertained. Does Captain Planet have MURICA AND THAT GOD DANG RED WHITE N BLUE? I don't think so.
Ehh. I don't think anyone's actually hyped about Captain Earth, just slightly optimistic. I'm expecting Star Driver part two and nothing more. That is to say, some nice sakuga should come out of it.

Midonin

Wake Up, Girls! 05

The presentation of the I-1 Club continues to be a little scary. The computer program that can automatically detect when some flubs and order them out sounds ruthless. The cutting between the two concerts worked to maximum effect, though the show's still not saying exactly what it was that caused Mayu to have a falling out. At the very least, Twinkle's trustworthy... more than their boss, anyway.

cnet128

Banned

Okay, I had a look in the books now and there is a specific comment on Kirito's new voice during the scene immediately after he enters GGO. Continuing on from the description of his new appearance, immediately after the "Sorry, I'm a guy" line, the narration says: The tone of my voice, too, though perhaps a little deep, could easily be taken for that of a girl.

When people asked "can Sword Art Online sink any lower?"

the writer said "Lower? Where we're going there are no limits!" as he reveals that in an upcoming novel Kirito discovers that not only is he a gary stu, he's also the descendant of the president of the world and the most important guy since Jesus. He now has to deal with tough decisions such as too many objectified waifus. And being too strong

When people asked "can Sword Art Online sink any lower?"

the writer said "Lower? Where we're going there are no limits!" as he reveals that in an upcoming novel Kirito discovers that not only is he a gary stu, he's also the descendant of the president of the world and the most important guy since Jesus. He now has to deal with tough decisions such as too many objectified waifus. And being too strong

Did I answer your Angel Beats question? Or did you need anything else?

Midonin

Strike the Blood 17

Asagi's always kind of been at the edge of things this whole series, since she was never fully aware of Kojo's identity. This may be the most personally involved she's been in the events of the story so far. After the detour last week, the criminals are being dealt with, though there's still room for some hijinks. I don't think Sayaka will ever get used to seeing Yukina and Kojo's intimacy. The way these two arcs play into each other, feeling much larger in the process, is a good step forward for this show. And so next week is back to the boat!

survivor

Banned
No I was just wondering because I always find that people who loved the show watched it dubbed while people who are impartial to it or dislike it watched it subbed. Trying to confirm the correlation.

I watched it dubbed. So...

I honestly don't care what people think. If we all thought and liked the same thing we wouldn't have all these diverse genres in all our entertainment. Just like how I like Kill la Kill but I don't believe it's as great as most like to make it out to be. Or how I actually hated Attack on Titan with the first episode (I came around to it though). Or even how I hated Soul Eater's end (that was a cop out). It doesn't matter. We all like different things and I don't mind being in the minority opinion of loving Angel Beats in AnimeGAF.

Does the dub make the comedy or drama better? I'm getting interested in checking this out again since I only watched one episode subbed ages ago.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just think of it like re-capturing a target in galge.
Says the Mahvel Zambie!

Its a long time since I thought that. After all we have things like One Piece 600 chapters in and how long is the whole Dragonball thing?

As for Sankarea...I don't actually think it will cycle like suggested I expect it to end badly way before then.
Shounens are one thing though. But a romcom? Yeesh.

Strike the Blood 17

This is a poor man's Toaru Majutsu no Index. I thought it'd be a good thing but I find myself skipping all the episodes throughout until i find something I care about. The main character is boring as shit now, all the main girls are tsundere, and the characters are just ECH now.

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-drop the show!
60CEJjy.gif

Does the dub make the comedy or drama better? I'm getting interested in checking this out again since I only watched one episode subbed ages ago.

I think it helps it resonate better. With subbed there's always this disconnect. I just think the dub helps the delivery of jokes and emotion for the drama.

That being said I THINK if you go into it with an open mind and without any preconceived notions I think you'll like it. A lot of anime watchers outside of AnimeGAF like it. I was actually surprised AnimeGAF didn't like it. But to each his own.

The animation itself is beautiful and I think the characters are great. Of course you're talking to someone who loves the show so naturally I am biased. I think you should just try it out for yourself to see if you like it. The first episode is a bit rough (I didn't like the show on the first episode), but give it 4-5 episodes. If you don't like it by then, then you should drop it.

If you start it please post your thoughts on each episode here. I would love to know what you think of the dubbed version of the show. :)

Edit:
With Key animes I always watch the OP and ending themes. I don't know it always gets me excited to watch the episode and always helps the feels for me. The Angel Beats ending animation is always feels. :,)

Closing Credits

Golden Time 17

First bit was scary as hell. Didn't know what they were getting at, was funny how they confused the hell out of Banri and Koko too.

Mitsuo's gotten involved now, digging around. We gonna see Mitsuo -Banri and Koko - Lisa fight? Next episode looks like it's going to be a mind freak for Tada.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it helps it resonate better. With subbed there's always this disconnect. I just think the dub helps the delivery of jokes and emotion for the drama.

That being said I THINK if you go into it with an open mind and without any preconceived notions I think you'll like it. A lot of anime watchers outside of AnimeGAF like it. I was actually surprised AnimeGAF didn't like it. But to each his own.

The animation itself is beautiful and I think the characters are great. Of course you're talking to someone who loves the show so naturally I am biased. I think you should just try it out for yourself to see if you like it. The first episode is a but rough (I didn't like the show on the first episode), but give it 4-5 episodes. If you don't like it by then, then you should drop it.

If you start it please post your thoughts on each episode here. I would love to know what you think of the dubbed version of the show. :)

The problem with the show is its fundamental structure. It just doesn't work at as 13 episode show, which is why it is so schizophrenic. Alternatively, it's why I think the 39 episodes that Little Busters got made that show work almost in spite of its itself.

The problem with the show is its fundamental structure. It just doesn't work at as 13 episode show, which is why it is so schizophrenic. Alternatively, it's why I think the 39 episodes that Little Busters got made that show work almost in spite of its itself.

I agree it should've been a longer show but because of this it removed all filler and distractions that could've distracted from the main plot. I really didn't have a problem with the structure. I followed it just fine but again, to each his own.

God, Little Busters was just a show that toyed with the audience until the end because you had no semblance of what was going on until Refrain. At least I could follow what was going on in Angel Beats episode to episode. Little Busters always left me with more questions then answers at the end of each episode. It got infuriating after a while.

cnet128

Banned
With Key animes I always watch the OP and ending themes. I don't know it always gets me excited to watch the episode and always helps the feels for me. The Angel Beats ending animation is always feels. :,)

Closing Credits

Now this I can agree with wholeheartedly (even if I don't like the underlying implication that you shouldn't watch the OP and ED for every show). Angel Beats has a wonderful OP and ED, probably the best things about the series.

TheRancor

There is actual hype for Captain Earth? News to me. Perhaps the real hype would probably be the potential mecha sakuga. It having the same main staff as Star Driver would probably make some people cautious if anything. That said, from general opinion, Enokido and Igarashi have both delivered before so we'll see I guess.

Now this I can agree with wholeheartedly (even if I don't like the underlying implication that you shouldn't watch the OP and ED for every show). Angel Beats has a wonderful OP and ED, probably the best things about the series.

I watch most OP's and ED's. But there have been some where I skip it because it breaks the flow or gets on my nerves. (Talkin about you After Story ED).

But Angel Beats ED is special one because it changes (if only a little bit) almost every episode and episode 13's ED pay off is nice. If anyone ever plans to watch Angel Beats to the end make sure to stick until the very end of episode 13. The ED and the scene after are nice pay offs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I agree it should've been a longer show but because of this it removed all filler and distractions that could've distracted from the main plot. I really didn't have a problem with the structure. I followed it just fine but again, to each his own.

God, Little Busters was just a show that toyed with the audience until the end because you had no semblance of what was going on until Refrain. At least I could follow what was going on in Angel Beats episode to episode. Little Busters always left me with more questions then answers at the end of each episode. It got infuriating after a while.
Angel Beats goes from one climax to another, where you can clearly see where the arcs should have been. The whole
ascension arc
, for one. At that point, why even have a large cast of characters? They probably should have just focused on the Haruhi clone and the Angel girl and left it at that.

At least Angel Beats allows nearly all of the ensemble to have their moment, before even worrying about the meta-arc.

Speaking of OPs, does everyone still hate the new Golden Time OP? it's kinda growing on me...

I don't care for any of the music for 99% of my animu. Only few shows (Noragami, Attack on Titan, Un-Go, Cowboy Bebop) make me care about their music. So no it doesn't bother me seeing how I skip most of the OP's and ED's after the first listening

edit: forgot to mention Gurren Lagann in my list of good music. ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

fertygo

Talking about OP/ED
Noragami's ED is really good.. the best thing Supercell put since changing lead singer honestly.

Witch Craft Works's ED still da bes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom