• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really disliked it. I wish the music didn't overpower Horie's vocals, but the way it's trying to be sort of operatic, I've liked that.

Well said, I love the bit where she's running up the stairs and the beat goes with the footsteps, it just stays too loud after that and overpowers the singing. The bit at the end if nice though.

I watch most OP's and ED's. But there have been some where I skip it because it breaks the flow or gets on my nerves. (Talkin about you After Story ED).

Yeah. After Story ED is too upbeat and cheerful. Only watched it the first episode and that one episode where they did that thing. Everybody who's seen After Story will know what I mean I hope :p

Thoraxes

I'll just quote Kevin:

tieotoT.jpg

http://otakomu.jp/archives/53775.html

Oh my god, twintails with drills.

Holy shit.

She's a little flat too, so it's gotta be a chest-complex, ojou, tsundere.

Gintama 7

How long until this gets good?

The show gets really good in the mid 20's or so and then it's a never ending ride of ultimate laughs and great serious arcs sprinkled in every now and then. But if you're not enjoying it even a little bit now you'll have a hard time getting there. Consider the fact that the show is like 230+ episodes. So about 9/10's of it is pure gold. By comparison it sucks to have to watch these lower tier episodes for basically a whole season, but it's worth it.

The show gets really good in the mid 20's or so and then it's a never ending ride of ultimate laughs and great serious arcs sprinkled in every now and then. But if you're not enjoying it even a little bit now you'll have a hard time getting there. Consider the fact that the show is like 230+ episodes. So about 9/10's of it is pure gold. By comparison it sucks to have to watch these lower tier episodes for basically a whole season, but it's worth it.

Just finished episode 8 which is my favorite so far because of the blurred face guy.

It's not bad right now, it's just.....average? Anyway I'll stick with it until it gets to the good stuff.

Sakura Trick 5
So adorable. I like that both sisters like Haruka yet Haruka thinks Mitsuki is her rival for Yuu. Yuu is especially adorable with the cute things she does

All this recent talk about Angel Beats is really making me want to check it out. I would have checked it out before if it wasn't for the premise.

A high school being a limbo for the dead?
Yeah no thanks. But after reading some impressions of it, I'm really having this urge to see what it's like, as I've read the words "comedy" and "action" when people spoke about it before. Now the Wikipedia page labels it as tragedy, so I'm really curious to see how the show is able to fit all of this in with a premise like that.

All this recent talk about Angel Beats is really making me want to check it out. I would have checked it out before if it wasn't for the premise.

Yeah no thanks. But after reading some impressions of it, I'm really having this urge to see what it's like, as I've read the words "comedy" and "action" when people spoke about it before. Now the Wikipedia page labels it as tragedy, so I'm really curious to see how the show is able to fit all of this in with a premise like that.

Well like I said on the last page, if you go into it, go into it with an open mind and without preconceived notions. Watch it dubbed and always watch the OP and ED. It helps set the tone for the anime. If you don't like it by episode 5 or it hasn't hooked you I think it's fair to say you may not like it and if you want, drop it.

I don't want to over hype it for you. It may be one of my favorite but some here don't like it. So I want to try and get you to see it but go in as neutral as possible. If you do start make sure to post your thoughts on each episode here as I would like to see you progress through the show and see what you think of it.

Just finished episode 8 which is my favorite so far because of the blurred face guy.

It's not bad right now, it's just.....average? Anyway I'll stick with it until it gets to the good stuff.

It's pretty average yes. Mainly because right now they're not doing many arcs but random episodic jobs. They use these episodes to introduce the majority of the side characters, and later on they start to do arcs and use these characters more, expand on them. The cast of characters is what makes the show.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 5

Yuu-chan, Yuu-chan, why are you so cute. Stop it, you're making everyone else look bad.

Except Shizuku, that "service scene" was amazing.

Also now I want matcha cake >.<

jman2050

Now this I can agree with wholeheartedly (even if I don't like the underlying implication that you shouldn't watch the OP and ED for every show). Angel Beats has a wonderful OP and ED, probably the best things about the series.

I didn't care much for the ED but My Soul, Your Beats is an excellent song.

Music is probably the only thing Key stuff does consistently well.

jman2050

Actively debating dropping StirkerS at this point.

Get to episode 8 because the ending to that kind of owns and then you can either skip to 21+ for the pretty lasers and terrible pacing or drop the show forever.

I'm sure very few people would fault you for any of that.

Get to episode 8 because the ending to that kind of owns and then you can either skip to 21+ for the pretty lasers and terrible pacing or drop the show forever.

I'm sure very few people would fault you for any of that.

^ Yep.

There are things I like about StrikerS, but the whole package is just really poorly handled. There's a reason why it's the one series of the three that isn't getting a movie adaptation. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also, is it just me or does the Wake Up Girls movie BD cover look like it got hit with the partial version of the GoHands filter...
The name WUG sounds like it should be the title given to a sequel to GUP when they've all grown up and married; Wives Und Girlfriends.

Oh and before any lilycons jump down my throat, marriage doesn't necessarily imply them being with men.

This is why talk of Angel Beats should be outlawed.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to check the show out. I think every anime deserves a shot. Something you might dislike may be something someone else loves. People who know me on the FF threads know I loathe FFXIII but encourage people to give it a shot because that person may like something I don't. Naturally I would encourage someone to watch something I like.

Plus I think it's a pretty good show.

And it has it's moments where you can't help but love what they're trying to do.

duckroll

Is this that manga with the super-racist imagery? If this is an anime announcement, it'll be interesting to see if streaming sites like Crunchyroll touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Oh is this the one with a bishounen Hitler killing a bunch of giant space insects which look like blackface jokes from the 40s?

wonzo

Banned
Is this that manga with the super-racist imagery? If this is an anime announcement, it'll be interesting to see if streaming sites like Crunchyroll touch it with a 10-foot pole.
C6zlx.jpg

20-213gx5y.png

Yeah&#8230;

It's a comedy&#8230; in a way.

abeats1f.jpg

Oh wow I actually never realized this. dude must have a thing for China too now that I think about it.

EDIT:Honestly though I think the fans are making it a whole lot worse.

Well I mean googling TerraForMars shows me this.

I don't know if Crunchyroll will want to be associated with that but maybe I'm thinking too highly of them.

To be fair, the roaches are actually red as made apparent in some color spreads. Doesn't get rid of some unfortunate imagery with the black features, but they could play it off as them being Homo Erectus, which is what they're (supposed to be) based on more than black people.

Also, that image is pretty much the only time you see any kind of expression on the roaches' faces.

Anyway, Terraformars anime would be awesome!

Branduil

To be fair, the roaches are actually red as made apparent in some color spreads. Doesn't get rid of some unfortunate imagery with the black features, but they could play it off as them being Homo Erectus, which is what they're (supposed to be) based on more than black people.

Anyway, Terraformars anime would be awesome!

They can play it off however they want, but that doesn't make what they actually are any less obvious, unless they dramatically change their designs in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom