• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future card Buddyfight Episode 6
tumblr_n0ni8ueZ1o1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yo yo why so serious amigo?! Tatsuya never gets old with his talk and speak, and just being a plain ole nice guy to be around, so it felt kind of weird when Rouga focused in on him. Good buddyfights. Hyped more for next episode
Buddycup! Noburo and Baku need to buddyfight in this anime, cant be a Gao only show

Vito

Banned
Meh, have some idols to get your mind off roaches and racism (mmm midriff)

As usual drop and mirrored on minus. There three more Love Live (including one with boob grabbing but I'm not going to be the pervert posting that!) and decent scans of the Tsukihime character designs, but I got the feeling there might be a more appropriate topic for that?

Either way, I think it will be interesting to see what whatever studio gets it does. If they change the designs, they're making it clear they're acknowledging it as racist. If they don't, they risk other people calling it racist, which would probably come back to them based on the popularity of Crunchyroll and whatnot.

Though I haven't heard any issues from Viz, but I imagine the anime would get more exposure than the manga over here.

If things were different, they wouldn't be the same.

I don't think anyone here would say the idea of a fantasy race in of itself is racist. It can be racist, but it's obviously not a requirement. What makes Terraformars racist is the combination of the imagery with the premise.

Should I take it as a "no" to my question?

If things were different, they wouldn't be the same.

I don't think anyone here would say the idea of a fantasy race in of itself is racist. It can be racist, but it's obviously not a requirement. What makes Terraformars racist is the combination of the imagery with the premise.

Not to mention Japan isn't exactly the most open minded nation there is when it comes to other people.

cajunator

Banned
Waaaaaay 2chuuni4me, made me cringe like no anime has made me cringe before.

But chuuni makes shows more fun!

I enjoyed OreShura. It wasn't a top-tier show, that's for sure, but I was able to forgive it its faults because best girl Chiwa was so ridiculously best. Himeka and Ai were pretty cute too. Basically the only girl who wasn't waifu material was Masuzu (so of course she was the favourite to win thanks to the Law of Harem MCs Always Get it Wrong). I also found the chuuni moments entertaining, but YMMV.

The Ruroo character designs are really the show's greatest asset (I know you love this guy's stuff, he designed the Machine Doll characters too, and OreShura is a much better show than that was IMO -.-)

thought I recognized the character designs somewhere.

Somewhat better photos of the new K-On! pinups, I really like the first one (and 3rd one for obvious Ritsu reasons):

FUBVKWL.jpg

http://otakomu.jp/archives/53818.html (see magazine names in source, they're out on Monday)

Ritsu looks sooooo good in the last one!

Westlo

Gintama 7

How long until this gets good?

It's already good, you mean how long until it gets amazing.

Talking about OP/ED
Noragami's ED is really good.. the best thing Supercell put since changing lead singer honestly.

Witch Craft Works's ED still da bes though.

Was hyped for the 3 kz tracks this season but than Ryo came back with a banger.

And the Supercell ed for Noragami isn't even Koeda, it's Tia. Man Koeda so subpar compared to Nagi....

cnet128

Banned
Nourin 5

DTL, are you watching this show? If you're not, you should probably start now.

This episode featured:

- Half-naked men squirting white fluid on each other. And then getting completely naked. On camera.
- Two men (one of whom is impossibly suave) consuming the same Pocky from either end while making numerous JoJo references, and culminating in a parody of THAT scene from Part 1.
- Hiyama Nobuyuki screaming his heart out like the manly man he is (okay, that one isn't quite so DTL-relevant but it deserved mentioning anyway because Hiyama is amazing).

It's like Nourin saw that this was the Season of Yuri and was like "WELL WE CAN FIX THAT".

And the Supercell ed for Noragami isn't even Koeda, it's Tia. Man Koeda so subpar compared to Nagi....

HEY DON'T YOU BE HATING ON MY KOEDA. Her voice is goddamn amazing. (Though I'll admit ryo hasn't written as many top-tier songs for her as I'd like =/)

Branduil

Should I take it as a "no" to my question?

I'm saying it's hard to answer a hypothetical about the racism of a story that's dramatically different from the one that exists. Changing the designs of the aliens would obviously be a good thing, but I'm not familiar enough with the story to judge if it would be racist or not.

Lurky

Sakura Trick 5

Yuu seems like she would be an abusive husband. Besides that it looks her older sister is trying to steal Haruka... NTR incoming? And that was some good Shizuku fanservice at the end. Top-notch stuff. Also, was it just me or were there way more jiggling boobs this episode?

I'm saying it's hard to answer a hypothetical about the racism of a story that's dramatically different from the one that exists. Changing the designs of the aliens would obviously be a good thing, but I'm not familiar enough with the story to judge if it would be racist or not.

Okay then. I can understand people saying its racist just judging the images of the humans cockroaches.

When the anime hits I wonder if the controversy will be similar to Resident Evil 5.

fertygo

HEY DON'T YOU BE HATING ON MY KOEDA. Her voice is goddamn amazing. (Though I'll admit ryo hasn't written as many top-tier songs for her as I'd like =/)

Yeah, her nico stuff is fantastic..

I think ryo just not comfortable writing song for her pitch, Noragami ED kinda prove it.. this Tia have softer voice closer to Nagi, and the result is good.

Westlo

Gundam SEED (and Destiny) had soundtrack of the forever. Still listening the soundtrack from time to time.

It's a damn shame Toshihiko Sahashi doesn't get anymore work these days, his SEED, Destiny and Simoun scores were top notch stuff.

I don't remember thing from it aside the OP/EDs

smh, not even Destiny's theme?

@DiGiKerot: Yeah. Even though as a whole Destiny was trainwreck the soundtrack was superb. Maybe even better than in original SEED.

I thought the music for the first half of SEED was pretty mediocre in general (seems every second track was reusing the "dtl theme for kira and athrun smh) with a few great tracks mixed throughout. It was the second half stuff on the 3rd and 4th osts that were fantastic. Destiny's music otoh was pretty great from the get go, so I'll go with Destiny > SEED when it comes to music.

I like My Dearest but she aint no Nagi and Ryo hasn't been doing her any favors, especially when his first top tier Supercell song since My Dearest doesn't even use her.

Yeah, her nico stuff is fantastic..

I think ryo just not comfortable writing song for her pitch, Noragami ED kinda prove it.. this Tia have softer voice closer to Nagi, and the result is good.

Link me to some good stuff by her on nico.

cnet128

Banned

I know he can do it, because he made the My Dearest single, on which not only is the lead track an embodiment of everything that is great about supercell, one of the B-sides is also one of my favourite supercell songs of all time. (And Tsumibito is okay too I guess =p)

I just want to know why he hasn't done anything of that quality since =/ I mean, I'm enjoying Zigaexperientia, but nothing on it really stands out like that.

GaoGaiGar - 6

Giant Robots. With soda cups. Okay it's probably not soda, maybe it's fuel or whatever but still. Robots drinking from soda cups. That's a thing.

So Mamoru is now formally introduced to the Batcave our heroes base and is now a full member of 3G. There's a mobile phone joke in there somewhere, but I'll leave that aside.

Midonin

No-Rin 05

I'm pretty okay with fujoshi characters. Bio Suzuki seems more like the second coming of Rika Shiguma instead of a Minori (as in OBC Minori) type. The scenes that opened and closed this episode were :DTL as all get out. It's a tie between Woodman Rintaro and RaGaiGar for the "best minor character played by Nobuyuki Hiyama" award. It's this episode that really drove home the whole Baka Test vibe this show has, not just because of the director and studio, but because of the style of humor.

Even if it was :DTL, this episode also taught me that Minori has sisters, and that she's not afraid to flaunt what she's got when she feels threatened. Hanazawa levels at maximum, boob levels at maximum. To the forestry dude who said that she was "chubby" and that makes her a great choice - good eye, sir.

This show is just fun to watch.

cnet128

Banned
No-Rin 05

Even if it was :DTL, this episode also taught me that Minori has sisters

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I agree fully with Woodman Hiyama's verdict that the MC needs to die, because no words can describe the jealousy I feel at the prospect of him sharing a bath with loli Minori AND two sisters. That's beyond cheating. That's levels of paradise that man was never meant to know.

It's a damn shame Toshihiko Sahashi doesn't get anymore work these days, his SEED, Destiny and Simoun scores were top notch stuff.
Pretty weird considering the success of SEED/Destiny. Well he will get work when Sunrise decides to make that SEED movie or third season...

I thought the music for the first half of SEED was pretty mediocre in general (seems every second track was reusing the "dtl theme for kira and athrun smh) with a few great tracks mixed throughout. It was the second half stuff on the 3rd and 4th osts that were fantastic. Destiny's music otoh was pretty great from the get go, so I'll go with Destiny > SEED when it comes to music.
It has been some time since I watched SEED and Destiny last time but now that you mention it maybe the original had tendency to reuse same tracks at the beginning. Still like you said overall it had also amazing soundtrack because of strong second half.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I agree fully with Woodman Hiyama's verdict that the MC needs to die, because no words can describe the jealousy I feel at the prospect of him sharing a bath with loli Minori AND two sisters. That's beyond cheating. That's levels of paradise that man was never meant to know.

XHshfEW.jpg

Z/X Ignition 05

An episode focused around the one person not involved in the war is a good perspective to take, and most of the birthday proceedings were what I'd expect from an anime. Rigel continues to be cute and tsundere, and it even looked like it was going to get a happy ending, even with all that went on.
Then Aina turned evil and oh boy this is not going to end well.

Figures the moment she learns that her friends' friends are Z/X, she would feel betrayed. And now she has that same revenge drive as Ayase, except she might be a puppet of sorts.

Midonin

Sky Girls 12-14

After many episodes, the Koryu has finally set sail and the show's at a point similar, but not exactly, to where it was in the OVA. The new Quadra Lock is pretty cool, and Elise is slowly losing her bratty nature - in a lot of ways, she's like early Eika, which is why the show's starting to pair them off around this point. Ryohei's getting a fair bit of focus too. That Otoha apparently needs him there for Zero to take off is surely triggering a few flags. Makes me wonder if Ran and Haru will ever get some focus time.

Karen scenes continue to be my favorites. Her brother, still never saying a line, appeared while she was off on a mission, and the letter he gave her was a heartwarming moment. I like the first ED by Saori Goto a little better than the second one by Azusa Kataoka, but the imagery that goes with it is nice.

Gintama 7

How long until this gets good?

i started to enjoy it around 12 or 13 and i really loved it after ep 24 ..then it was awesome for the rest untill the end..

If you can't see the potential , right now don't worry , it's a world that need time but once it's ready ..damn it's going to be ready.

Gatchaman Crowds 2

I still have relatively no clue what the fuck I'm watching. The story telling and dialogue in general are a bit abstract so it's hard to get into the groove.

Narag

Gatchaman Crowds 2

I still have relatively no clue what the fuck I'm watching. The story telling and dialogue in general are a bit abstract so it's hard to get into the groove.

It's confusing early on as Hajime's like this autistic savant that just gets everything before even you, the viewer, does so it feels like constantly playing catchup.

GaoGaiGar - 7

Well, no new mechs in this episode. Just Guy being awesome and Mamoru almost getting caught.

I've been wondering, what exactly does Guy say right after shouting Hell and Heaven and before he strikes? Is it just angry gibberish? The subs don't cover that, and neither do they cover Mamoru's babbling when he purifies someone.

Narag

GaoGaiGar - 7

Well, no new mechs in this episode. Just Guy being awesome and Mamoru almost getting caught.

I've been wondering, what exactly does Guy say right after shouting Hell and Heaven and before he strikes? Is it just angry gibberish? The subs don't cover that, and neither do they cover Mamoru's babbling when he purifies someone.

gemu giru gan go gufo

Quasar

I enjoyed OreShura. It wasn't a top-tier show, that's for sure, but I was able to forgive it its faults because best girl Chiwa was so ridiculously best. Himeka and Ai were pretty cute too. Basically the only girl who wasn't waifu material was Masuzu (so of course she was the favourite to win thanks to the Law of Harem MCs Always Get it Wrong). I also found the chuuni moments entertaining, but YMMV.

Heh. Masuzu was best girl for me and pretty much the only reason I watched it (well I also like Ai, but that's about it). Would like more or even for the LN translations/manga to get further than the show.

Midonin

Sakura Trick 05

Not the first time I've seen a yuri show use Snow White as its play of choice. Though Sleeping Beauty would've accomplished the same effect, just with the caveat of not having the witch role. (Which is apparently the hottest part. Everyone loves playing the villain.) The Tudar-Bucks restaurant logo was amusing with its mustached guy. Mitsuki really does continue to be the breakout character for how much she's caught between things she has no idea of.

And this is the boobiest yuri show I've seen. Which I like. Most yuri series emphasize purity to such an extent that fanservice only ends up being kind of off-putting, so having it be portrayed with a more subtle kind of lewdness (it's TBS, you can only get away with so much) gives the show an undercurrent that makes it feel more alive. The Hidamari art style helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom