• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBizkit

Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 3 What Happens When You Mindlessly Follow Someone Who Offers You an Idol Debut

Idol dance part was my favorite part, underground starting idols from humble beginnings is nice.

Tomazu getting into high quality headphones and idols was a nice change from the action. Great.

I'm watching this when I have the time, mainly because I loved Akihabara and seeing it animated is great. It's cool to see the maid dreaming girls too, and they even have their theme song playing in the background!

This show has been very enjoyable so far, It's a very entertaining and mindless anime with fun gags thrown around and the akihabara landmarks are cool to see. I think this my favorite anime of the season so far.

x240-IEp.jpg

The blonde is very stupid, the loli is ok, the MC is kind of generic but fun, and the red-haired girl is the only normal person in the entire show (she's my favorite, i'll see if I can create her on some game with char. customization)

Clov

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 04

Seeing Konatsu perform in this episode was an absolute joy. I hope we get to see her Rakugo again before the series ends.

KraytarJ

Akiba's Trip is a trashy show that has no reason or right to be as entertaining as it is.
I haven't quite been able to pinpoint why I like it so much but for some reason it's in the list of shows I'm going to be following this season and I can't say I was expecting that.

I haven't quite been able to pinpoint why I like it so much but for some reason it's in the list of shows I'm going to be following this season and I can't say I was expecting that.

Honestly it's kinda like the game for me. The game was a 5/10 but I found it really enjoyable (with similarly an excellent dub) so much so that I beat it a bunch for different endings and double dipped.

I'd get pissed off at some poorly coded bullshit fight, then try it again anyways.

KraytarJ

Honestly it's kinda like the game for me. The game was a 5/10 but I found it really enjoyable (with similarly an excellent dub) so much so that I beat it a bunch for different endings and double dipped.

I'd get pissed off at some poorly coded bullshit fight, then try it again anyways.
I haven't played the game basically because of what you mentioned, poor mechanics hurt a lot of niche Japanese games for me. But maybe I'll give it a shot at some point if the anime keeps up the level of quality it is at now.

jgminto

The silly thing, of course, is that there are female rakugo performers working today.
I haven't watched this episode yet but it doesn't seem like it would even make sense from a character perspective separated from reality. Her father was infamous for breaking Rakugo taboos and defying elders, why would she respect the traditions that pushed her father away from doing what he loved? Just seems like a load of bullshit.

I haven't watched this episode yet but it doesn't seem like it would even make sense from a character perspective separated from reality. Her father was infamous for breaking Rakugo taboos and defying elders, why would she respect the traditions that pushed her father away from doing what he loved? Just seems like a load of bullshit.

It's bullshit, but it's understandable bullshit. I know lots of elder women that are sexist because they grew up in a sexist environment and age.
Let's remember she was born in the 60s? and have always seen Rakugo performed by men. And she never really knew his father that well, he died when she was a small kid, before she could understand what he proposed himself to do, and after that, she was educated by the conservative Yakumo.

Youjo Senki 04

Tanya has a massive habit of her own intelligence, desire to show off and own fucking mouth getting in the way and fucking up shit. Literally a situation of the best laid plans going awry and you can't help but laugh because Tanya is actually a terrible fucking person and deserves the shit she gets herself into.

Branduil

Of the many stunning things in this week's episode of Scum's Wish, I thought one of the more interesting parts was the flashback to Mugi's previous "relationship."

It's so rare to see male adolescent sexuality addressed like this... the uncomfortable, predatory relationship with an older girl that borders on nonconsensual, the fear of sexuality, the emotional entanglement and subsequent distress when the relationship ends... it's such a refreshing change of pace from the trite, unthinking cliche of "haha boys are horny" so prevalent in anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like how both Hanabi and Mugi get to play the innocent/aggressor. Mugi is much more sexually experienced than Hanabi and takes the lead in their relationship but is himself a victim of the women in his life, and blissfully in denial about the nature of his crush.

Hanabi, on the other hand, has had a much purer relationship with her crush, and her ongoing relationship with Mugi gives her an aura of prowess she doesn't actually have. However, she's able to make the first move when it comes to breaking their "scum's wish" and she's also dead set on taking the fight to the music teacher.

How can rakugo be real if words aren't real?

Qurupeke

Descending Stories 4
Great episode, full of Jugemu Jugemu. The addition of the child to the cast was the perfect choice as the show moves forward, such a charming personality. Also, this is the first time we get to see Konatsu that happy, this episode is such a bliss.

Mailbox

I like how both Hanabi and Mugi get to play the innocent/aggressor. Mugi is much more sexually experienced than Hanabi and takes the lead in their relationship but is himself a victim of the women in his life, and blissfully in denial about the nature of his crush.

Hanabi, on the other hand, has had a much purer relationship with her crush, and her ongoing relationship with Mugi gives her an aura of prowess she doesn't actually have. However, she's able to make the first move when it comes to breaking their "scum's wish" and she's also dead set on taking the fight to the music teacher.

For the most part you're right. but... well... you'll see :p

convo

Youjo Senki - 04

You know mages are just nukes in a world war 1 setting but people have yet to realise their full potential. Good thing Tanya is here to give them good ideas.

convo

Yakuza side missions are a treasure and people skipping them are no use to mankind. They are unmissable in Y0 so every reviewer who obviously just blasts through to the ending and stops at that has nothing of value to say.

Branduil

Also nice to see Hanabi grow as a character in this episode since mega dork-nii-chan didn't show up at all.

blurr

Yea but I don't think she looks at "Rakugo" itself with such spite considering she grew up listening/watching and even performing Rakugo which she enjoyed.

I think at least partly, it stems from her exposure to the professional world of Rakugo via Yakumo in contrast to her attempts as a child.

Masamune-kun's Revenge Episode 3
C3RBiHqWEAAXsym.jpg:small
C3RDjVwWQAAxWyr.jpg:small

Best.The preparation for the exams and the exams were much better than the strange date. She just feels like we've had her done so many times in anime that no matter what the cold princess does its like unsurprising. Sad.

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 17:
Good character development episode for Eri. It was nice to see her getting more focus and seeing her dream coming to light a little bit more. Getting to interact with one of her fans and seeing just what she was able to mean to someone was a good moment for her, I think. And it's good to see her and Ai forming a relationship. This was a good episode for the girls, with Haru and Astra basically just in a couple of scenes and not really having any impact on the plot whatsoever. I laughed when Gatchmon was trying to figure out which Copipemon was the real one but then Dokamon just beat them all instead.

Next week looks interesting since Yuujin will be getting the focus. I guess we'll probably get some big hints as to just what is up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom