• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

I'd be surprised if 1 & 2 wasn't Mob and Jojo respectively. I wonder where stuff like Kiznaiver and Girlish Number will end up overall.

Dai Guard Episode 3 (engdub)

The higher ups could be more understanding instead of just looking at the monetary amounts.

Oh well at least the team shares both the glory and the damage claims lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Youjo Senki-4
CDF8bOS.jpg

oops
This was a great episode. A textbook case of "Congratulations! You played yourself". This show is actually pretty decent at the dark humor bit. I think that might be why it looks to be selling so well in that dark comedies seem to be in with Japanese audiences and the anime does a well enough job of delivering that undercurrent.

KraytarJ

1. Mob
2. Jojo
3. Rakugo
4. Erased
5. Yuri
6. Re Zero
7. My Hero Academia
8. Konosuba
9. Keijo
10. 2pho

My totally professional prediction

Sterok

Youjo Senki 4

Tanya needs to stop overthinking this stuff. She's proving herself to be too competent, which means there's not a chance the empire is going to let a powerful asset sit on the sidelines. An interesting point brought up was that Tanya succeeding paves the road for more child soldiers, which naturally has made a lot of people uncomfortable. Well, I suppose that isn't Tanya's problem.

Cornbread78

Oh yeah, results are final on Wednesday morning.

Yeah, it'll take a few days and a lot of Excel to go through the results though..

But yeah, the top three were decided before voting began (JoJo, Mob, Rakugo)
Konosuba and Erased are charting pretty well, but it's looking bad for Re;Zero....

Also, low voter turnout..

Seiren - 04
Not sure how I felt about this arc.

It was meh. The final episode felt rushed and wasn't very well done overall.

Syrinx

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 6

The first half of this episode was spent showing the Guild ain't sbit and the Port Mafia just screwing with them. So I don't know how concerned I should be about them going forward.

KING OF THE BRAVES GAOGAIGAR #34 The Brave Heroes Resurrected!

Kaido backstory could have been much much longer, but still we did get something so Im not sad.

Pizza/Sodnat-J/J'der is starting to grow on me. So good.

Didnt realize how much I missed Symmatrical Docking and Final Fusion (though its ugly), however that Goldion Hammer finisher, Goldion Hammer is still the best.

Twin Star Exorcists Episode 40 – Twin Stars' Hearts Dance - Finally They Kissed?

What?! That ending development moment before the climax, I cant even.

The action this episode was amazing, especially seeing all 12 working together.

Ill miss sync from lol,

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 6

The first half of this episode was spent showing the Guild ain't sbit and the Port Mafia just screwing with them. So I don't know how concerned I should be about them going forward.

That first half has some repercussions that forces the Guild to stop screwing around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like episode 1 could literally be split amongst, at the very least, a 1-cour show LOL. Like, things went from 0 to 100 in 23mins and I don't even know how.

Not a cerebral show by any means but the first episode of Inuyasha:The Final Act covers almost a volume and a half of manga content.

Akiba's Trip The Animation Episode 3 What Happens When You Mindlessly Follow Someone Who Offers You an Idol Debut

Idol dance part was my favorite part, underground starting idols from humble beginnings is nice.

Tomazu getting into high quality headphones and idols was a nice change from the action. Great.

Not a cerebral show by any means but the first episode of Inuyasha:The Final Act covers almost a volume and a half of manga content.
Not too long ago we saw an entire LN being adapted in 1 episode too with Occultic;Nine.

It's not to say RahXephon feels rushed, but the range of happenings, ideas, characters and environments thrown at you all at once is kind of nuts. I'm sure it's intentional, and that all questions will be answered in due time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not too long ago we saw an entire LN being adapted in 1 episode too with Occultic;Nine.

It's not to say RahXephon feels rushed, but the range of happenings, ideas, characters and environments thrown at you all at once is kind of nuts. I'm sure it's intentional, and that all questions will be answered in due time.

No questions will be answered in any amount of time. Even those that you think have answers just have more, even bizarrer, questions.

The top 3 will be Mob, Jojo and Rakugo. With Mob winning first. I feel Erased, Re:Zero, Konosuba, Haikyu, Kiznaiver and My Hero Academia will be in the top 10.

Of course it's a guess, I just quickly looked through the pages.

I found those three series in particular to be my biggest disappointments of last year. :p

Mailbox

One of my co-workers pointed out to me that Fuuka has a prequel. Apparently a show called Suzuka.

I guess I have to watch it now...

Interesting. That show has been on my "watching" list for a few months now, but I haven't started it yet, lol.

I've watched Suzuka, but you really don't have to in order to watch Fuuka as far as I know.
That being said, Suzuka wasn't bad imo. Kinda has that weird scene pacing that most mid 2000 shows tend to have, but if you can handle other shows that have aired back in like 2004-2006 you should be a-ok watching it. The way the story goes is actually pretty interesting overall and how it deals with the scenario for a romance anime is pretty unique (at least for anime romance stories :p).

iirc Suzuka is kind of an asshole, so just be wary of that. I should probably rewatch it or something.

Narag

You still watching élDLIVE Narag?

I'll end up doing catch up for everything next weekend. élDLIVE is like a perfect Sunday show for me but I'm still deep in the AOTY rabbit hole and don't want to hit up any new stuff that isn't named Tiger Mask W this weekend.

Syrinx

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 7

Everything about this Q kid screams "Fucked up af", even by this show's standards.

Dazai tells Atsushi what someone should have told him a while ago.

Kyouka appears at the end but I'm not sure what she really can do. Unless the Port Mafia planned that and now are gonna try and use her to take out Francis.

I'll end up doing catch up for everything next weekend. élDLIVE is like a perfect Sunday show for me but I'm still deep in the AOTY rabbit hole and don't want to hit up any new stuff that isn't named Tiger Mask W this weekend.
Acceptable. You are still a cool cat in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom