• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Will try to look it up and see if I'm misremembering after i finish, can't quite recall now.

So I searched a bit and it seems it's indeed my faulty memory that was at fault as the impressions I found were pretty explicit about it not ending all that neatly. (Understatement of a year)

-----------

Also; Ai an utter and incomprehensible shit while Mizoguchi a real hero and a real human being.

Digimon Tri part 4 Loss
f4e31c2dfa0ea069525f318cb71e616b.jpg

Ok this was awesome! These movies have such a good way of making the nostalgia come back! I love how when they got teleported back to some of the most iconic place of the original series. BUT what got me the most HYPED was
1. Seeing the 4 digimon sovereigns fight against the dark masters in this cool old movie like style
2. HOLY SNAP ALL DEM MEGAS! I never expected Seraphimon since he wasn't featured on the main visual and WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon were really nice surprises!
3.Machinedramon and Megaseadramon looked badass as fuck. That first scene in the forest...skdigvlzv
4.The superb fight scenes! The fight vs both Dark Masters looked beautifully intense! We could feel the impacts! That last explosions!!!
5.TK still looks amazing! Seeing him and Patamon interact always makes me all happy.
328988acb568c72485ef226b6a38d6a4.jpg

Overall another great movie with the digicrew that was super enjoyable. Loved the new ending!

My 3 hick with this movie was 1. Biyomon was little too bitchy for me early on 2. The rookies successfully stopping the megas. 3.that professor was a bit too insane for me, I pity her partner.

Jex

So I searched a bit and it seems it's indeed my faulty memory that was at fault as the impressions I found were pretty explicit about it not ending all that neatly. (Understatement of a year)

-----------

Also; Ai an utter and incomprehensible shit while Mizoguchi a real hero and a real human being.

Have you heard of a little show called Fafner Beyond???

Isn't it only going to be 5 or so minutes long? What did the Kickstarter reach?

18 minutes or 12 minutes+6 minutes of special ending like it's written on kickstarter.

Edit:pretty sure there was something else about the time, but I can't find it.

Edit 2: I found it!
After many meetings and long, deep considerations, now we finally have a full structure of total 120 min movie! It can be one feature film or divided into 6 episodes for TV series.
And the Episode 1 <Day of the Locusts>, the episode that we will deliver to backers, has grown to more than 20 min of worth watching story!
And since they got their funding this is pretty much what we get.

Quasar

On those Crunchyroll figures...

I guess its interesting that the US only made up half of all votes. I expected it to be much higher than that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blue Exorcist Season 2, Episode 8:

The more this season trots onward the more I have a sneaking suspicion they acquired an unused Inuyasha plotline for use in this arc.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Damn, it's been 30 years since Orange Road first hit.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-03-03/30-years-of-kimagure-orange-road/.112950

You can tell how long an anime fan has been around to how they react to the name ”Madoka". Most anime fans will probably say, ”Oh, Madoka Magica, right?" But if you've been around for a while, the first Madoka that comes to mind will most likely be a different one: Madoka Ayukawa.

Truth right there!

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Yes, Madoka was tsundere long before the term was invented, and many cite her as the mother of all tsundere characters. While compared to the tsundere girls of today, she might not be as extreme, but the traits are definitely there.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 89-90

Lots of tears, lots of feels, lots of action and lots of over the top victories and losses. This was just awesome from start to finish. Who cares if some of it is over the top, it's a ton of fun to watch.

Seiren - 09

That was Junichi from Amagami wasn't it? Wasn't that the place where he got stood up at the very start of the show way back when??

As for the rest of the show, this arc seems pretty by the books once again. This is the childhood friend romance we have all seen a million times.

Cornbread78

Siren ep.9
Wait, a childhood friend arc? Hopefully, this one doesn't end up in failure like most of them, lol. Pretty standard stuff, buy hopefully, it endseems up being fun at least.

Narag

Futari wa Precure 4

Much shounen spirit on display as Nagisa and Honoka fucked that dude up.and blew out the museum's skylight.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 9:

The Eighth Generation I supsect might be a cursed immortal unable to die, unable to atone.

Oh, I actually just watched this.

Glad to see their intro-ing best girl, dunno if she'll get much development considering she only really starts showing up more or being plot relevant like 40 chapters in.

They also...really...upped the fan-service in that, Jesus. The manga has it occasionally but surprisingly not a ton but fuck, the Yandere's tits were out of control and that transformation ass-shot.

Also was her hair always red? Coulda sworn it was blonde in the manga...

Beyblade Episode 28

American tournament done and it was at the end of day filled with great action and good sentimental happy feelings value. Judy redeemed herself and actually made things great. I also love how much good sportsmanship there is at the end, was so unlike several other animes.

Sterok

Youjo Senki 8

In which any possible pretenses about Tanya not being an evil scumbag (if you ever thought that for some reason) are dropped. She knows how to win, and she knows how to do it efficiently. But an efficient win is a costly one, and I'm not referring to resources spent. It's interesting to see who doesn't give a shit about essentially committing war crimes, those who aren't fond of it but go along reluctantly, and those who have to be kicked into doing it. But they're all doing it, so to their enemies it's all the same. Also, that one guy survived after all. There's someone who knows how to take a hit.

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist S2 ep.9
Yup, they are going to drag this out the full 12 episodes, but it's fine because the show has been a good ride through the battle the past month. Hopefully, Rin gets his power up to start slashing up this demon soon!

Rakugo S2 - 09

Hopefully this is the last time he tries this. His wish to die is so selfish in so many ways.
Even though it was supposed to be torn down, he ended up burning up the whole theater just so he could die doing his Rakugo.

Puzzle & Dragons X Episode 32 – Twin's Memories
C6CiZjaWQAENQdh.jpg:small
C6Ci8o8WgAAVgAX.jpg:small

Garnet put up a decent fight, but well Star John is just better. I loved his lines.

I think its probably clear where the plot is going especially with Star John's backstory and his dad, as well as the ones who Lukes passed the torch too.

I wonder what role will the SDF have as well as if Lance will ever Soul Brave. Good.

Trickster Episode 18 – Mistaken Absolute Evil

Akechi and Twenty Faces backstory is so intense, the whole multi year plot that was in the making since they first met even involving Fumiyo, and I wonder if she even knew she was a part of it. How did twenty faces even plan this far in advance?!

Half of the story had the best song on the ost playing even.

Tuck

Youjo Senki - 3
1. God gets his panties riled up by a ten year old girl.
2. God seems to be a really narcissistic piece of shit.
3. God cheats.

But I guess thats just par for the course.

Liking this show. The war time setting is somewhat refreshing, decent production values. I thought it was supposed to be funny though? Guess I just gotta rely on Konosuba for my weekly comedy fix.

Blue Exorcist 8

Oh yea this is getting good! I got emotional when Bon told his father that he loved hearing chant his sutra and started crying. Very touching moment. Then we went to Todo and holy shit he's kind of an ass, but he is also kind of cool in an evil way.

Also that Fire summon...I did not expect that voice from something looking like that lol.

Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 6 – Naruko VS Midousuji
C6Cy-zLWAAAN9W4.jpg:small
C6CzXFOWQAIkUTh.jpg:small

Wow the only thing that will top this episode this season will be if we get a hot shot and naruko episode or a hotshot actually winning episode. Putting best Kyoto Fushimi in this episode and then having him do some commentary was the best thing.

And Naruko, wow, very impressive. Theres a reason hes my second favorite Sohoku.

Blue Exorcist 9

Yoooo the scene Kuro running on the castle and the comedy were pretty on point this episode! Loved the Shima moment and the last Yukio moment too. Beat Todo's ass up Shima!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom