• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It's very rare to get an anime that feels so complete and satisfying as Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. In fact, is there any other anime that follows the whole course of someone's life from beginning to end? I suppose Millennium Actress would be the only other one I can think of that does something similar in its own way.

You abandoned our Bahamut date and Haly got mad at me for dumb shit and now we're running with GAF FC people who are nice. You smell!!!!!!!

Nephtis

Descending Stories 11

;_;

Matsuda too :(

Oh my god, I don't think I've ever been incredibly sad yet also incredibly happy. The entire episode was sad, knowing that Kikuhiko died. But it was such a beautiful sendoff -- truly just passing by, seeing friends and loved ones.

The real story here is Matsuda following him even 'till death. That old man deserves more respect than Sukeroku. He was truly a friend, steadily supporting Kikuhiko. What a good guy, I wish I could give him a hug.

Narag

Yes! Precure 5 22
N6tToBel.png

after all nozomi did to save her...

Started reading 3-Gatsu no Lion's manga since the anime is about to end, really impressive how much Shaft managed to stretch out the source material. They managed to stretch out only 4.5 (closer to 4.33 but whatever) volumes worth of content into 22 episodes without adding much filler.

Descending Stories 11

God. Beautiful but emotionally crushing episode. Its the episode everyone knew would eventually come. Extremely powerful and brilliant stuff. I've got some tears in my eyes typing this.

I love the following cut, with Yakumo passing super close to the 'camera', until the eye occupies all the screen.

In general terms I think the impact of this episode is lessened because previous episodes already were pointing out to this type of end,
a calm, beautiful, non-dramatic, comforting one.
But it doesn't matter because it's well done!

Also, it got me thinking why
Sukereku and Mikoyishi has to be punished staying there while Yakumo can pass on because he lived a longer life. Then I got it, they aren't being punished, they are being given an interim second-life in a decent purgatory to compensate the fact they lived less than they should.

Did any shows crash production wise this season?

Is it just me or is the industry strangely not on fire for once?

Youjo Senki had to have a recap episode, and this week's episode was delivered late to Crunchyroll, so that production is clearly struggling. And of course there's Granblue Fantasy, which aired its first 2 episodes but otherwise had to be delayed a season. Other than that, there's no obvious production collapses I know of.

I think I love her. She actually feels like a character from another, much crazier series, that somehow got inserted into the Scum's Wish world. She stands out pretty clearly from the rest of the cast.
I said this earlier, but don't you find that after this episode she is making some personal progress? As a matter of fact, I think all characters have progressed on a personal level. All but Mugi, who keeps digging his own grave deeper, and acknowledging it at the same time.

Such a fascinating show. I still can't quite get a read on sensei either, and I think there may be more layers to that onion.

Aki-at

Tiger Mask W - 2

So I picked this up again and I'm not sure why I didn't continue with it, the right level of machoness that will fill my itch of big brawny manly men fighting shirtless until Yakuza Kiwami hits. Excited to see episode 4 since I saw a clip from that.

The ending theme is sort of infectious.

Sterok

Youjo Senki 10

The Empire is just running circles around the Republic at this point. Quite literally. At least that one mage guy has now become a credible threat. At least to Tanya.

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep. 39-41
Well, that mini story arc was pretty short, but episode 39 was pretty good nontheless.
The next episode wasn't quite as good, but now they at least know how stop the main villain.

Finally 41 was a Yui episode.
It was neat that she got more screen time, but turning her into a monster for the 3rd time was unnessary.

psyer

That's great news. Any idea if it will complete the source material, or is it ongoing?

The manga is still ongoing. There is currently 12 volumes out with a pace of 1 volume a year. The end of ep 21 of the anime is around the beginning of volume 5 of the manga.

Urara Meirochou 11

So we finally get a glimpse at what Chiya's mother looks like and now Chiya has an asset to her divination as well. Her and Kon are leaps above the other two girls if you ask me. Though they both get possessed by their assist which I suppose is a huge trade off and both of their assist seem pretty flaky.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu 11

The girls continue their trip around the peninsula and Hiromi gets a lesson in a blood sugar crash. Saw that coming after she said all she ate for breakfast was yogurt and they've been biking nonstop all day.

Jarmel

Banned
Will it be that bad for them? It seems like they've gotten better about this stuff since Mekakucity Actors.

They have Fate/Extra in the Winter, the OVA series thing, and a movie. If the second season of March is two cours then Fate/Extra and March will overlap. It also should be mentioned that Fate/Extra is going to be super demanding.

They have Fate/Extra in the Winter, the OVA series thing, and a movie. If the second season of March is two cours then Fate/Extra and March will overlap. It also should be mentioned that Fate/Extra is going to be super demanding.

Fate/Extra was already delayed out of 2017, and I suppose could be delayed again if necessary, Zaregoto should be done around May, and Takeuchi's Fireworks film is coming out in August. This is Shaft, for whom scheduling has never been a forte, but their upcoming workload doesn't seem unusually busy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom