• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paltheos

Knowing about Kyubey and the show's themes definitely takes away from the intrigue, but it's still a solidly constructed anime, and absolutely deserving of the overwhelming praise. Maybe you might have liked it more when it was airing.

I've watched Madoka three times now, the second and third times with different groups of friends. On each consequent viewing, it became increasingly obvious to me that the meat of the show is end-loaded. The middle of the run is def. better than the start, but everything that's really interesting is played out in the last arc. Most of my friends (and I) really like the show. One of them not so much, for this exact reason. I was able to largely overlook it on my first viewing but it's a legit complaint.

blurr

Tamako Market 03

I guess Mochimazzui isn't useless. He helped out Shiori get along with Tamako even if it was out of selfish intentions.

This was a good episode. Shiori has a case of social anxiety and we also see that Tamako is Usagiyama's darling, that was charming.

Cornbread78

Fuuka ep.11
Called this one from a mile away. Too predictable they would go for this type of completely bull$hit ending. This is so gross I want to throw up, they even added the foreshadowing crap to it.... uuggh

7pVTlmE.gif

OK< I need to add more as this is stewing in me at the moment.

SO
Koyuni also throws herself at Yuu for what reason? Because she feels she has to because of......Anime, yeah, that must be it. Also, How forced was that band meeting at the school and why wouldn't Fuuka want to meet with Yuu at all? I mean, she "discovered her feeling for him, but won't tell him and just leave the band instead? Oh that and Koyumi goes to meet Yuu at the end f the episode again, the next day, like nothing happened... Like, WTF.

This whole thing is and utter joke and I really shouldn't be pissed, but I was really looking forward to some RomCom fun even some basic good shipping, but the three main shows that should have provided that this spring have all really sucked so far.

MSMrRound

Just doing some random window shopping earlier today when I noticed my anime store just received some new shipment...given that their last episode just happened earlier this week, these two was too tempting to ignore. Urrrgh.

EKSUPUROSHON!!!!

PK Gaming

Every shounen ever made > Iron Fist.

(duckroll tried, but I still don't understand why these magical Asians are different from the Cumberbatch magical Asians)

The main actor's lack of skill in martial arts was so super apparent, and it was partly responsible for the shittiest fight scenes (ie: the part the show should absolutely nail). It would have been so much better if they cast someone who actually had experience with martial arts. Wait.

Chase17

Fuuka 11

Best news of the episode is that Hedgehog is getting back together. Glad the fallen Moon is sticking together at least. I wonder if we will get to hear his song in the finale. Pretty funny that Fuuka won't even talk to him lol. The love triangle had a lame conclusion. Wonder how the finale will go.

Fuuka 11
C7_Igzn_PW4_AAP5_HO.jpg

This is the best decision anyone has made in this show.

So Fuuka has broken up the band to the benefit of almost everyone. Naturally because of this, Yu breaks up with his amazing girlfriend, Koyuki. After all, he just loves Fuuka, a girl he went out with once, too much to possibly stay with Koyuki. It's not a stretch to say Koyuki is the only semi-likable character on this show now. Everyone else is either 2 dimensional, or a complete dingus. That said, Yu, amazing specimen that he is manages to get most of the band back together by writing a song that we don't hear. This is enough to make Kazuya redrop his renewed commitment to track, make Makoto give up on whatever the hell his dad wants, and for Sara to come back from the one temp band she joined.

Strangely enough, there was just loads of cheap fanservice this episode. Not that the series hasn't had it before, but it was damn comical here. Alright serious scene showing Fuuka clearly being in denial....and cut RIGHT IN THIS! (NSFW)

Fuuka 11

So Fuuka has broken up the band to the benefit of almost everyone. Naturally because of this, Yu breaks up with his amazing girlfriend, Koyuki. After all, he just loves Fuuka, a girl he went out with once, too much to possibly stay with Koyuki. It's not a stretch to say Koyuki is the only semi-likable character on this show now. Everyone else is either 2 dimensional, or a complete dingus. That said, Yu, amazing specimen that he is manages to get most of the band back together by writing a song that we don't hear. This is enough to make Kazuya redrop his renewed commitment to track, make Makoto give up on whatever the hell his dad wants, and for Sara to come back from the one temp band she joined.

Strangely enough, there was just loads of cheap fanservice this episode. Not that the series hasn't had it before, but it was damn comical here. Alright serious scene showing Fuuka clearly being in denial....and cut RIGHT IN THIS! (NSFW)

giphy.gif

Seriously, fuck this show.

KraytarJ

Why are so many people still watching Fuuka? It's not like there was ever a moment it even resembled something that wouldn't be complete garbage. I somehow made it to episode 5 before finally jumping ship and even then I felt like I watched it for far too long at that point.

SOLDIER

An Eureka movie trilogy sounds interesting, but can we maybe leave out or at least rewrite Holland?

One of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen in an anime. Piece of shit just goes full child abuse for no reason whatsoever and the source of his angst is so eye-rollingly flimsy.

They tried to make him "get better" but at that point he was too much of an asshole to forgive.

Cornbread78

Told you Fuuka would be great this week.

Yeah, as great as when I was a kid and tried to jump over a creek with my BMX bike. I cleared the water, but when I landed it stuck right in the mud on the other side. The bike stopped dead in flight, but my body kept moving forward from the momontum, sending my kneecap flying right into my gooseneck splitting it wide open as I flew over the handlebars. With blood pouring down my leg and my kneecap exposed (clothes soaking wet and muddy as well), I still had to ride my bike back home so I could get a ride from my parents to the ER to get stitched up...

Yeah, at least my story had an ending that makes sense and fits the story.

Cornbread78

OK, because I'm still steaming a little. Can someone answer this to me about Scum's Wish:

Are both Mugi and he-sensei so much in love with Akane that they are blind to the truth and both think they can change her?

That appears to be the case here, however, it has been proven time and time again that she is a succubus and will win every time (Mugi even knows this) because at the end of the day, 0 fu(ks are given from her about how everyone else "feels".

Looking at the new upcoming E7 movies. If I get this right it's a prequel, a re-telling of the original and an original ending. How long will these movies be? 3 hours each? Thats a lot of content to be jam packed into 2 movies. Assuming the first movie is mostly the prequel.

OK, because I'm still steaming a little. Can someone answer this to me about Scum's Wish:

Are both Mugi and he-sensei so much in love with Akane that they are blind to the truth and both think they can change her?

That appears to be the case here, however, it has been proven time and time again that she is a succubus and will win every time (Mugi even knows this) because at the end of the day, 0 fu(ks are given from her about how everyone else "feels".

Sensei is hard to tell since he's the one character we've yet to get a perspective from. Mugi is definitely deluding himself into believing that his love will change her.

Mugi knows she is shitty but thinks he can "fix" her

Teacher isn't a horndog so succubus-sensei can't get a read on him

Also for anyone not watching the show, the issue with Akane is not that she is "slutty" and sleeps around a lot, its that she is purposefully doing it because she gets her kicks off making other people jealous and having one-sided affection thrown her way.

Jarmel

Banned
Looking at the new upcoming E7 movies. If I get this right it's a prequel, a re-telling of the original and an original ending. How long will these movies be? 3 hours each? Thats a lot of content to be jam packed into 2 movies. Assuming the first movie is mostly the prequel.
2nd movie will be a retelling of Pocketful of Rainbows.

Chase17

Konosuba S2 10:
This was funny. Kazuma's turning to bones was a good laugh as was serious aqua/wiz. This season ended up being better than the last, which I already liked a lot. Hope to see more.

Cornbread78

Sensei is hard to tell since he's the one character we've yet to get a perspective from. Mugi is definitely deluding himself into believing that his love will change her.

I mean, he admits it over and over again, but still goes in for more every time.

Mugi knows she is shitty but thinks he can "fix" her
Teacher isn't a horndog so succubus-sensei can't get a read on him
Also for anyone not watching the show, the issue with Akane is not that she is "slutty" and sleeps around a lot, its that she is purposefully doing it because she gets her kicks off making other people jealous and having one-sided affection thrown her way.

True, he is the only "normal" and mature character in the show, but that last scenes with him didn't make much sense. IS he trying to be the knight to save her from herself and her self-destructive ways?

JulianImp

Fuuka - #11
So we even get another nondescript timeskip after Koyuki goes on some overseas trip, and it's really funny that her relationship with Yuu appears to be so awfully superficial and badly written that they wouldn't tell each other about things that were troubling them through phone/twitter! Seriously, what's up with that?

The mc is so much of a spineless guy that he keeps going with the flow, whether it's forming a band, dating Koyuki or now going for Fuuka after his now ex-girlfriend explained what he was feeling to him. He's a completely unrelatable and annoying character...

Wait, then he even tries to get the band together after they've managed to go back to what they were doing before? And then he actually wons them over and got them to throw their lives in disarray once again thanks to the song he wrote? And he even hangs out with Koyuki as friends? All this is Fuuka stupid, seriously.

It seems like out of anything they could've done with this anime-only story, the writers just had to choose the path that led to characters acting in absurd and completely unexplainable ways for the sake of forcing Fuuka and Yuu to be together, and that's really sad.

Fuuka/10

Fuuka - #11
So we even get another nondescript timeskip after Koyuki goes on some overseas trip, and it's really funny that her relationship with Yuu appears to be so awfully superficial and badly written that they wouldn't tell each other about things that were troubling them through phone/twitter! Seriously, what's up with that?

The mc is so much of a spineless guy that he keeps going with the flow, whether it's forming a band, dating Koyuki or now going for Fuuka after his now ex-girlfriend explained what he was feeling to him. He's a completely unrelatable and annoying character...

Wait, then he even tries to get the band together after they've managed to go back to what they were doing before? And then he actually wons them over and got them to throw their lives in disarray once again thanks to the song he wrote? And he even hangs out with Koyuki as friends? All this is Fuuka stupid, seriously.

It seems like out of anything they could've done with this anime-only story, the writers just had to choose the path that led to characters acting in absurd and completely unexplainable ways for the sake of forcing Fuuka and Yuu to be together, and that's really sad.

Fuuka/10

Fuuka is probably going to be the third show I ever give a 1 on MAL lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
imagine if you spent this time watching wuxia puppets
Maybe if there's a dub~

The main actor's lack of skill in martial arts was so super apparent, and it was partly responsible for the shittiest fight scenes (ie: the part the show should absolutely nail). It would have been so much better if they cast someone who actually had experience with martial arts. Wait.
Oh you're just one of those people who hates the show because of Trump!

lulz

JulianImp

Looks like Fuuka is pretty popular around here.

Would definitely recommend it for The List, at the very least.

I mean, I didn't even know about the manga plot twist that ended up being axed for the anime adaptation, and yet I can't help but cringe at the awful developments that we were treated to on the two final episodes this season (which is probably going to be the last, given how off the rails the plot has gone by now).

petran79

Banned
I watched all of Madoka in the past 2 days, and honestly wasn't that impressed. It likely doesn't help that I know that the Cat is evil and that its a deconstruction anime going in, but I didn't really get attached to or care about any of the characters, which killed the show for me.

The OP having nothing to do with the main show was pretty neat misdirection though.

Madoka was just an OK and very overrated series, when compared to similar and better things like Arjuna and Princess Tutu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom