• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Descending Stories 11
Yd9FHmg.jpg
p2HcQrz.jpg
;_;

Matsuda too :(

Taruranto

Bon Boy, this was nostalgic.

It also felt pretty weird, especially the last screenshot. It feels like a result of the manga in which the ghosts are real, I sorta prefer the anime approach to make them more ambiguous.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 11:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 86 – Crash Town
C7J33WbWkAAArXp.jpg:small

Two synchros on turn 2, and a monster than attacks three times alone, what. This was as epic as Kiryu's handless one turn kill combo. Cant wait for TreasonShipping next episode.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.6
Mikasa is amazing. That backstory episode was excellent. The framing of the image of Eren with the bright window in the background from Mikasa's perspective was great.... This is just really, really good!

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep.38
That was an entire episode about an Precure villain henchman being good as his job.
Close had very well thought out plan and he pulled it off pretty well,too.

Also fuck Kanata. I know why he said these things, but it was still a pretty stupid thing to do.

Bon Boy, this was nostalgic.

It also felt pretty weird, especially the last screenshot. It feels like a result of the manga in which the ghosts are real, I sorta prefer the anime approach to make them more ambiguous.

Oh the manga puts more substance in the sorta supernatural ghost portrayal? I think I agree with you, I liked the anime's portrayal up till this episode. I didn't hate this, but I also felt it was one of the weakest episodes for me. Wife outright didn't like it at all.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blue Exorcist Season 2, Episode 10:

Even it this series alleged greatest moments I find myself unmoved by the pace and beats of a thousand other shonen that I see on constant display in this series.

Scum's Wish - 10

Mugi has dug in so deep that he can't get out. He's hopeless. Akane will probably have to be the one putting a stop to this for sensei or something at this point. I see her "progressing" more than this kid lol.

Seiren - 11

It's saying a lot about this show, that the most bland sounding arc on paper is actually turning out to be the most entertaining one. I didn't have high expectations coming into this show, but this just isn't living up to the title of "spiritual successor" (or true successor?) of Amagami. It just isn't, period.

Beyblade #39 A Majestic Battle... A Majestic Victory?
C7KReEMXUAEQYjW.jpg:small

Yeah a Kai match finally and awesome battle overall. The Majestics trying to find what it means to be friends and team was so awkward yet hilarious and kind of heartwarming at the end there with Tyson giving a passionate friendship speech. This Europe arc has been great.

Taruranto

Oh the manga puts more substance in the sorta supernatural ghost portrayal? I think I agree with you, I liked the anime's portrayal up till this episode. I didn't hate this, but I also felt it was one of the weakest episodes for me. Wife outright didn't like it at all.

The ghosts are pretty much real in the manga, Konatsu sees Miyokichi's ghost and talks to her too.

ēlDLIVE Episode 8 – Something to Believe in: Part 3
C7KalXqXQAA_nwO.jpg:small

School outfit Dr. Love is good.

I like the colors of attacks, so nice and different. First half was the best action set piece all season for elDLIVE.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Episode 11

Maybe it's the fact that the Impure King went down without much of a fight, or Yukio acting like a huge idiot for no good reason, but I wasn't feeling this at all.

Konosuba s2

The best bunch of idiots! I never laughed this much at an anime. I mean damn! I'm still smiling haha.

Kazuma is best boy, I love him so much.

S3 when?!

This is officially one on my new 10/10! Everything about this show hit all the right notes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yall were expecting that box set to be 400 dollars? Damn... I mean... the blu rays by themselves cost 60 bucks each and there are 4 sets not including the extra edition which costs like 40 bucks. I guess from that standpoint you're saving?

Yall were expecting that box set to be 400 dollars? Damn... I mean... the blu rays by themselves cost 60 bucks each and there are 4 sets not including the extra edition which costs like 40 bucks. I guess from that standpoint you're saving?

Wait....they are charging 40$ for a recap movie? Aniplex please!

----------------------------------

Yes, I'm Kazuma

Quasar

Trinity Seven Movie - So crunchyroll added a new movie, yay for that. Too bad it was for Trinity Seven though a bland magical school show, thats bland enough that even people like me who like magic school shows to find it bland (and so forgettable I forgot it was so bland). Movie was pretty bland too, with it borrowing heavily from I guess SAO. This is also getting pretty high up in the number of girls stakes, though still a while before it gets to Negima or Futakoi level, let alone something like Geminar.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 11:
I was not ready for that. I kept it together for most of the episode, but
Shinnosuke being the person Yakumo most wanted to see him perform his Rakugo weakened me, the parting scene with Sukeroku hit me hard, and then Matsuda's bit at the end brought everything out.

What a masterpiece.

Line_HTX

Aniplex US still charges way too high for all their products.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 11:
I was not ready for that. I kept it together for most of the episode, but
Shinnosuke being the person Yakumo most wanted to see him perform his Rakugo weakened me, the parting scene with Sukeroku hit me hard, and then Matsuda's bit at the end brought everything out.

What a masterpiece.
You just about wrapped up my thoughts and what happened to me as well. I had trouble articulating an opinion after experiencing that. This show is something so damn special, it's one of those shows that only come every so often

Line_HTX

An Eureka movie trilogy sounds interesting, but can we maybe leave out or at least rewrite Holland?

One of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen in an anime. Piece of shit just goes full child abuse for no reason whatsoever and the source of his angst is so eye-rollingly flimsy.

They tried to make him "get better" but at that point he was too much of an asshole to forgive.

I like how they are going to have a completely brand new ending while not retconning the one thing people wanted but never got properly.

At least the entire original staff back and music.

It's very rare to get an anime that feels so complete and satisfying as Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. In fact, is there any other anime that follows the whole course of someone's life from beginning to end? I suppose Millennium Actress would be the only other one I can think of that does something similar in its own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom