• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 8

YEAH DUDE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

Fantastic episode. Good Lord.

phaze

Mouryou no Hako S2 Aoi Bungaku 9-10
024491odsrf.jpg
0245644fs7x.jpg
024534brplo.jpg
0245322xske.jpg

02454143o8j.jpg
024544kqoa7.jpg
0245458ar4j.jpg
024553avrbt.jpg
on_awa13mgrli.gif

You know you're in for a treat when something opens with that harrowing piano motiv from Mouryou. Some small misgivings here and there but I feel it managed to tell its tale in the assigned time better than No Longer Human. And what I imagine to be a staff reunion from MnH put a shift here again. Someone needs to lock Nakamura up and make him do only this sort of stuff.

Line_HTX

Episode 1 is just the movie cut into a television epsiode.

And yes as far as I can see there is (sadly) no flashbacks to when the characters meet. This very much seems to be Aram's story rather than the volunteer army.

Sega having no idea how to adapt their own series.

Sega needs an adaptation of Yakuza.

;P

Aki-at

Sega needs an adaptation of Yakuza.

;P

Both TV dramas they've done around Yakuza has no Kazuma (Or Majima, Akiyama or anyone who you'd naturally link with the mainline series) so if we had an anime I bet it'll be set in some old abandoned shack somewhere in Shimane about some old people discussing how to play shogi so no I wouldn't trust Sega with that either lol

But at least the Yakuza 6 tie in drama has cocky smug face Nagoshi in a starring role for some reason.

Jex

Mouryou no Hako S2 Aoi Bungaku 9-10

on_awa13mgrli.gif

You know you're in for a treat when something opens with that harrowing piano motiv from Mouryou. Some small misgivings here and there but I feel it managed to tell its tale in the assigned time better than No Longer Human. And what I imagine to be a staff reunion from MnH put a shift here again. Someone needs to lock Nakamura up and make him do only this sort of stuff.

Yes, yes, yes. You're at peak Nakamura. Wish he'd work on some more literary stuff again (and not that bad movie).

Idol Jihen 01

You know a country's political system is fucked if people are resorting to teenaged idols to lead their nation. Hopefully there is a lot more singing in this because most of this was pretty bad to boring for me and it could easily fall into my "Shows that I don't actively drop but stop actively following list."

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Interview with Monster Girls Episode 1

So I take it this takes place in the Shadowrun Universe after 2012?

Dullahan is so cute. The show did a good job making you feel bad for her.

jgminto

Gintama. 1
That was bad and stupid. I have zero interest in this arc, just give me the episodic and two parter comedy episodes I crave.

Garo: Divine Flame

Finally back to the Garo I love after the dreadful Garo: Guren no Tsuki. The tone and setting of the first season immediately made itself apparent which was a joy to experience.

This movie had some pretty impressive action scenes. Not only from an animation point, but the choreography (jet skis???) and camera movements made it feel really snappy.
Speaking of camera, lol at the amount of Ema butt focus when she goes spiderman. It also managed to feel heavy when it wanted to, thanks to the sound work in impacts and little things like the armor clinging.

Garo: Divine Flame is a rather fast paced movie. It quickly kicks into high gear and there are only a few and short 'downtime' segments.
I wish the movie would've been a bit longer to expand and spend a little more time developing the backstory on certain characters. What I got wasn't enough for me to sympathize and really understand a fairly big story character decision.

Also would've liked to see more goofy lighthearted moments between the original cast that contrasts the dark world of Garo very well.
I really like how the tragedy of the horrors is represented in its design and behavior, which was also present in the series (Blacksmith Horror MVP).

Dario's intro was godlike and he looks awesome. If a Roberto story isn't happening, I wouldn't mind seeing a side story starring the Obsidian Knight!
I think the last fight was something I could've been without. I was content enough at that point and started to feel like it dragged on a bit.

Oh and this movie also has Ema with gattling gun so by that point alone it kicks ass!
Hayashi pls bless us with more Garo: Honoo no Kokuin

Sölf

Gintama. 1
It's back. Still in serious arc mode. And still stupid as fuck with dick jokes. Gintama, you were dearly missed and I am happy you are back.

Mob Psycho 9-12

That was awesome. Some of the fight scenes in the last few episodes were pretty incredible. I was a little letdown at the end since I thought we would get to see Mob go all out but I guess they're saving it for another season. Reigen is also a damned genius and its hard not to love this master bullshitter. Loved Dimple getting some shine too.

Solid show. Any plans for another season?

Kemono no Souja Erin - 45

So uh, what material was that helmet made of again? Stone or dramaticanium?

Either way, that funny bit aside the show continues its strong final stretch. I'll excuse some of the overt as hell symbolism because it's a kids show and even the extensive flashbacks... nah, fuck those. Even kids don't need to be retold everything in minute detail.

I hope
Ial
lives on.

Mokoi

Banned
Symphogear 1-13
No complaints with the last ep it was a great way to end it. I remember seeing this image for the show a while back, and thought it looked terrible so skipped it. Glad I did becuase now I got something to watch. Action was great, and enjoyable to watch each ep. I hope G is even better.

Taruranto

Kemono no Souja Erin - 45

So uh, what material was that helmet made of again? Stone or dramaticanium?

Either way, that funny bit aside the show continues its strong final stretch. I'll excuse some of the overt as hell symbolism because it's a kids show and even the extensive flashbacks... nah, fuck those. Even kids don't need to be retold everything in minute detail.

I hope
Ial
lives on.

Episode 45 was so awful personally, I really don't like Kirik. Really bleah character. :X

Episode 45 was so awful personally, I really don't like Kirik. Really bleah character. :X

I mean the show attempts to hammer his past in way too often and his path was predictable as all hell. But then, subtlety has never been this anime's strength.

That said, he's still a fairly well developed character whose change of heart due to Erin is justified with all he's gone through and witnessed.

Cornbread78

Fuuko ep.2
Forgot there was a second episode to watch. This episode just served as confirmation as to where the story is definitely heading. Expecting that thus will be a White Album I & II mash-up and remix even more now.

Solid show. Any plans for another season?

No but theres enough material

Symphogear 1-13
No complaints with the last ep it was a great way to end it. I remember seeing this image for the show a while back, and thought it looked terrible so skipped it. Glad I did becuase now I got something to watch. Action was great, and enjoyable to watch each ep. I hope G is even better.

G is better in a lot of ways (like Chris being a main character now)

GX's opening scene is the peak of GX Symphogear anime art culture, so sadly the rest of it can't hold up

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not even three minutes a minute into this episode and these special effects are already killing me.

based Yoshinari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom