• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchimas! 05

3vK1t.jpg

The descent of P-san's worth of self.

trejo

Teekyu 1-12

Ithinkitwasabadideatowatchallofthisinasinglegobecauseohmygodwhatthefuckisthisshitihavenoideabutithinkitwasawesomeandkanahanazawawasabsolutelythebestcharactertotalwaifumaterialrightthereseasontwofuckingwhenyoubastardsholyshitihavethebiggestheadachenowineedtogolydow.

jgminto

So this Madoka show. I saw the first episode last night. It seems like one of those magical girl show with some weird stuff going on. I don't really know anything about this show so I'll probably keep it like that and just go in blind. The art style is quite nice and the effects used are really interesting. I don't really have anything else to say, other than that I'm interested. It's weird to actually be watching a show on television again.

BluWacky

So this Madoka show. I saw the first episode last night. It seems like one of those magical girl show with some weird stuff going on. I don't really know anything about this show so I'll probably keep it like that and just go in blind.

Do this as far as you are able. People will probably start dropping not particularly subtle hints about the plot now you've said this - but you'll probably enjoy it more if you don't read up on it. Given that Madoka was one of the most popular shows of 2011, this might be quite hard work!

cajunator

Banned
So this Madoka show. I saw the first episode last night. It seems like one of those magical girl show with some weird stuff going on. I don't really know anything about this show so I'll probably keep it like that and just go in blind. The art style is quite nice and the effects used are really interesting. I don't really have anything else to say, other than that I'm interested. It's weird to actually be watching a show on television again.

Watch it blind. Dont spoil a single thing. Its so fucking worth it.

pyrandes

as others have said, watch it blind. it is a really great experience overall.

cajunator

Banned
Ive watched it about 6 times already. sooooo good.
Plus spent way too much money just on figurines and not including aniplex's Madoka sets.
Plus a big kyubey figure. Plus a poster. Plus a laptop pad. Ok Ive spent a whole lot on this series.

Steroyd

Magi - 13

6IvCd.png

Dem thighs man, dem thighs!

An episode that was interesting all the way through, Mor being baddass and Alibaba bulldozing his way through and very very light censorship, until this episode there have been a few sparks of the potential of what Magi could have been, this episode is the potential realized from beginning to end... minus one shounen flashback-time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been busy tiding up today so only got round to making two AKB0048 gifs, but I'm sure they will please certain members.

ibnVQZlPhv2Kel.gif

ierGMeOTkWuig.gif

Grzi

As Tomoki Kyōda himself confirmed (this specific 'tweet' was removed since then):

Yeah, he did (focus on the effects animation of the water for those consecutive cuts)... and that episode was really kind of a big deal in general for all the names involved and 'circuses' galore and all that jazz... the problem is that many of those that could have commented about that in here were trying to forget about this series already!

Wow, that's nice to know, thanks for the info! :)

cajunator

Banned
Been busy tiding up today so only got round to making two AKB0048 gifs, but I'm sure they will please certain members.

ibnVQZlPhv2Kel.gif

ierGMeOTkWuig.gif

Wow...
AKB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magi - 13

6IvCd.png

Dem thighs man, dem thighs!

An episode that was interesting all the way through, Mor being baddass and Alibaba bulldozing his way through and very very light censorship, until this episode there have been a few sparks of the potential of what Magi could have been, this episode is the potential realized from beginning to end... minus one shounen flashback-time.

What I want to know is, has Ren Kougyaku returned yet?

DiGiKerot

I was flicking through the upcoming iM@S merchandise (as I tend to do - god, so many Puchimasu CDs!), and apparently they're doing another one of those manga/cover CD bundles in March. This time they're covering the OPs/EDs from Kannagi and, of all things, the first season of YuruYuri.

Jintor

Oh, by the way, the first episode of Madoka Magica aired on ABC Kids TV last night. Full airing will be going up in April.

cajunator

Banned
Not in a major capacity, she says a few lines about arranged marriages, but that's it.

No yanderezawa. :(

Disappointing. She is fucking amazing. Just the right hint of being an insane killer and yet with that sweet girly voice she is known for. hnnnnngh total. Best yandere since Yuno Gasai.

the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (3) ep 3
tumblr_mg85rz4Sxz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Was about to drop this at the end of the episode as all the sci fi mumbo jumbo is just too much and too deep, cant they make it even simpler, as even Kyon cant accept and believe. Though Itsuki Koizumi arrived and looks so cool and had the best conversation with Kyon
and being an esper actually sounds way more cooler than being an old lady who is a template of fanservice and moe fetishes from a different epoch or a human interface that is the strong silent type and reads too much sci fi alone in her bedroom. I want to see his powers right now. I did like how at least all three sort of tie in, but if she is seriously a god that did recreate the world...
So glad Kyon isnt alone no more, if they cant interact more indepthly.

Sankarea 13

So this really feels like a closing episode to the series. Besides being a Babu episode, it shows what happened after all that stuff in the TV series and it was really nicely done. Especially that ending scene between the two. Seems fitting this is also probably the last Sankarea related thing that I'll see as well.

They also totally teased something that I assumes happens later in the manga that just seems mean knowing it'll never get animated.

Preface: I'm not a big anime guy. It's always intrigued me but I've never really gotten deep into it.

I just finished up Sword Art Online and absolutely fell in love with it, though I wrongly assumed that it was an ongoing series and there would be more episodes every week.

So... I have this Crunchyroll membership and I figure I may as well put it to good use for a couple of months.

Naruto and Bleach seem to be pretty popular on there, and they both seem interesting.

Are they worth a watch?

I am also open to suggestions on anything else that's on Crunchyroll that's worth a watch. :)

If you have the time for it, Naruto and Bleach are definitely not bad as shows for people new to the medium. There is better stuff out there in the genre though, like the new Hunter x Hunter. I would say it's a pretty good choice to try and get into that genre if you liked Sword Art Online.

dumbyugi

A certain magical index 7 - 12

Well Accelerator is the best character ever but why so little screentime. I hope he stays central to the plot and gets more time. Kind of like his voice as fortunately its not one of the common typical funidub va's and feels like someone relatively new. Also those epic skills and what not.

I wish index was more popular as it seems its really lacking on the fanart side, or at least for Kamijo and Accelerator, unless they just never meet up, which is unfortunate. I like Kamijo's friends but they just not present anymore, well in the remedial class.

Arc with Dark Blood was interesting, that whole showdown and getting his arm ripped out while bluffing and doing that dragon arm move, so cool.

Index is very popular, in fact there is a whole lot of Accelerator art and quite a fair amount of Touma art but not much of the kind you probably want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom