• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 01

How generic can this show get!? I can finally say that I am giving up watching all this harem shi...

VJo5g.gif

On second though, I've decided to give this show a chance.

I should give this a shot.

Kazzy

Girls und Panzer OVA 1

This short is making some serious arguments as to why I should leave Fluffy Hair-chan camp for Redhead-camp!

It has always been the choice of the brave!

My impression was she's really shy about the class difference between her and the others.

Pretty much, and she gets similarly worked up about the relatively mundane, like sharing the fries. Although that example does have more of a bearing in Japan.

-----------------------------------

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1

People keep comparing this to Spice & Wolf, unfavourably so. In which case, I'd much rather watch that instead.

This isn't for me.

Metrotab

Banned
I'm tempted as well, but there's a large chance there's going to be an annoying tsundere who will eventually get the guy. Fool me once, ...

And medicine isn't that interesting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hell yes. Best version. Legendary.
Shame it's just an impersonator and not the real deal.

Soon...

Bear, you trust me right? Hell to the fuck yes watch AKB season 1.
Its the best.
If it is the best why isn't it one of your AOTY. Tsk tsk.

Damn, K-ON!'s OP is snappy.
Especially when you jazz it up.

Though this is the OP from the second series.

Not until you just mentioned it, but now I'm going to hear that every time I hear that song now. Thanks!
My pleasure.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

You NEVER post in a God thread on NeoGAF!! lol...

Why can't people just stay away from OT? :lol

Yeah I'm practicing this every day more and more. I'm now at the point where the majority of my activity is in the anime thread - much to the dismay of all the puritanical members and lurkers here, of which I am sure there are many.
:p

It's all about the economics to me.
axt6I.gif

Hmmm, you know, I could probably masturbate to this if somebody forced me to.

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 01

How generic can this show get!? I can finally say that I am giving up watching all this harem shi...

VJo5g.gif

On second though, I've decided to give this show a chance.

OH my what iIO HAAAHHNNNNNGGiddnnppphyeffffeffffffffffffaaaaee- kjghh

hnnnngggoggggggeieeeeeeeeea aahh

g

cjkeats

Up tp episode 13 of Kanon. Funny thing, Makoto is the
only one I assumed wasn't a ghost or something like that and well...turns out she's a fox
...huh.

I feel like that whole
"she's gonna vanish"
thing was dragged out way too long, I was left indifferent after it was over. They should have
kept her around as a fox trapped in a human body. That would've been hilarious.

Now what's with the student council being more concerned with trying to
expel sword-girl
than, oh I don't know..maybe
THE INVISIBLE THING THAT BROKE ALL THE WINDOWS, DESTROYED EVERYTHING AND SENT A GIRL FLYING ACROSS THE ROOM?!
No one in this show makes sense.

I think blanket girl is defiantly
a ghost
, and uguu
may just be dreaming this entire show

Cardfight!! Vanguard 25 (engDub)
tumblr_mg7sz1STzl1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mg7sz1STzl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really good cardfight to closeout Misaki's flashbacks, really really emotional and such. Kai is too cruel
If shes going to let a car accident make her quit cardfight vanguard then she doesnt belong on the team
. The new cards from both expansions sets are good. The Super magnetic lifeform Storm is my favorite. Goddess of Flower Divination, Sakuya was perfect for Emi as well as Dark Cat.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Magi - 12

Kassim is annoying as fuck. I hope he gets killed by the end of this arc.

In other news, Mor continues to show that she has the biggest balls out of the trio. (
I'll give Aladdin some leeway, considering he's in a coma or whatever. :lol
)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Maoyuu 01:

This was pretty lame. Hero is standard otakushit "has a fucking seizure at the sight or mention of anything remotely sexual" protagonist with no discernible personality beyond this, Maou is too kawaii and not haughty enough for, y'know, the QUEEN OF ALL DEMONS. There's zero chemistry between the two, which makes it all the more painful to listen to all the discourses on how war between the two races is lining the pockets of the military-industrial complex and keeping unemployment down and whatever because it's all, I suppose, informative without ever sounding particularly intelligent. Where's the snappy dialogue?

If, and this is probably a big if, the economics stuff ever starts actually being shown in application instead of the dialogue vacuum (and I don't mean the sort of really lazy "Did you know that there are people profiting off of this war?" *cut to some guys somewhere going "this war is AWESOME!" application we saw in this episode), I hope that the outside world is at least more complexly realized than the standard JRPG setting it currently is. I'm not optimistic after the first episode was just huge tits + War Economics 101.

I also don't know if the heavy usage of FUTURE OF ANIME™ in the crowd scenes in this is impressive or horrifying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should read the manga instead, madpierrot, they actually delve into macroecon instead of eschewing it for ECONOMICS.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Magi 10-12

Out of this show's first 12 episodes, 4 or 5 have been Self-Loathing Alibaba: The Anime, and another 2 were Stupid Decisions featuring Alibaba.

Jesus Christ, this is unbearable. If the guy doesn't get his shit slapped hard somehow in the next two episodes I'll drop this crap and never look back.

sonicmj1

Chaos;Head 12 END

Going to finish up Nisemonogatari then try K-On!!

You can't leave us hanging like that!

Robotics;Notes 11

Now I'm caught up. Shit seems poised to get real. Took them long enough.

I get that whoever is responsible for these VNs likes to take their time setting up their plot points, but they really could have gotten here in about half the episodes, and I'd have been way more interested.

Whatever. The drama should be interesting.

Jojo 13

How does this show manage to be so awesome every single episode? Every time one episode ends, I can't wait for the next.

The new OP is growing on me, though I don't think it can ever pass Sono Chi no Sadame.

Defuser

Magi 10-12

Out of this show's first 12 episodes, 4 or 5 have been Self-Loathing Alibaba: The Anime, and another 2 were Stupid Decisions featuring Alibaba.

Jesus Christ, this is unbearable. If the guy doesn't get his shit slapped hard somehow in the next two episodes I'll drop this crap and never look back.

You're in luck, ep 13 features him getting badass and kicking ass.

cajunator

Banned
Magi - 11

Princess girl is awesome, hope we see more of her in the near future.

Seeing her body Ugo like it was nothing put her at the top of my tier list, below Mor of course.

Oh my god yes.
Ren Kougyaku is incredible.
Kana Hanazawa has a goddess' voice and she nailed this one.

Shame it's just an impersonator and not the real deal.

Soon...

If it is the best why isn't it one of your AOTY. Tsk tsk.

Especially when you jazz it up.

Though this is the OP from the second series.

My pleasure.

Well its more of a guilty pleasure sort of anime than a top 10 candidate.

sonicmj1

Random question: Does "K-ON" mean "light music"? I hear them say it in conversations about the light music club.

"Keiongaku" (軽音楽) means "light music", and a light music club would be called "keionbu" (軽音部).

Syrinx

Sailor moon 33

Queen Beryl and her minions are watching footage from their previous failures. zoicite keeps complaining about Tuxedo Kamen saving Usagi's ass every time. They come up with a plan
to create a false Sailor moon to draw him out.
Now we are obviously in america, because there's a dude robbing a store with a shotgun. Wait no, this is still Japan. My mistake. So
the false Sailor moon has a boomerang and takes out the guy. Luna sees her on the news and assumes she just showed her identity publically.
Meanwhile,
real Usagi is off doing useless things
as usual.
A couple of window washers are cleaning windows, when someone shoots shards into the ropes, causing them to fall.
Fake Sailor Moon stages a rescue in front of everyone. Usagi is like WTF that girl is way too useful to be me!
The girls follow
the escaping fake Sailor moon and
get led to a ship dock. Usagi is angry and
wants the fake to pay her licensing fees for using her identity
(fucking lol). They see
the fake being captured and hung up on the crane.
The girls transform into senshi. Kunzite cloaks the whole place in darkness. Mars tries to Fire soul that shit away, but it doesnt work. Sailor moon has the gall to say she's not good for anything. She must have had a mirror. Thats the only explanation. Sailor Jupiter gives it a shot but to no avail. Kunzite shrinks the darkness down, enveloping the senshi. Tuxedo Kamen makes his way to the scene.
He immediately suspects a trap. Still, he rescues the fake and bring her down to the ground. The fake takes advantagre of the situation and literally stabs him in the back with a shard
and he's all "wtf damn it I just saved your sorry high maintenance ass".
The fake Sailor moon reveals her disguise as Zoicite
. The Senshi are still trapped in a shrinking bubble of dark energy. Zoicite chases Tuxedo Mask down and
reveals him to be Mamoru
. I tell you what I'm totally shocked! Queen Beryl is able to see his face through her crystal ball or whatever.
THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN...
CRESCENT BEAM
, MOTHERFUCKERS. It hits Zoicites hand and allows Mamoru to escape. Zoicite goes to Kunzite to warn him. Suddenly,
SAILOR VENUS SHOWS UP
. AWWW FUCK YEAH SON ITS ON NOW YOU SONOFABITCHES TASTE THE WRATH OF THIS GORGEOUS ASSKICKING BEST GIRL.

Wait...give me a moment to compose myself.
.....squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
....*bounces
......ok ok
......alright Im good now
Ok. So
Sailor Venus shows up and tells them not to give up. She has on THAT SAILOR V MASK.
So she crescent beams Kunzite and Zoicites hands
because shes such a fucking badass and puts an end to this foolishness. The senshi
recognize her as Sailor V. Artemis shows up!
NOW SOME SHIT GONNA START. IM SQUEEING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL. Queen Beryl tells her henchman to GTFO. Thats right, run you motherfuckers!!
The group stands there
looking at Sailor V. Luna is like fuck yeah now we got all five of you and artemis.
Lets rock this shit! Sailor moon asks
Sailor Venus if she is the Moon Princess. Sailor Venus
just looks at her like shes stupid. She doesnt just LOOK that way,
Venus.

NOW ITS ON.

So the gang's all there, huh? ;) But you didn't mention Artemis. That makes me sad. :(

magi 12

magi12.jpg

yeah, i think you forgot something really important!!! i mean, it was bad enough that it was missing in episode 11 but if you're gonna flashback to that then AT LEAST REDRAW THE FUCKING ARMS

magi49.png

Yeah, I've heard people say this a lot but I'll just end up powering through it anyway. :>

Oh wow I didn't even catch that. Not the kind of oversight I like to see.

Kokoro Connect: Michi Random End

It was a fine finish to the series, if not a little to overdone in some parts.
I had to laugh out loud when the thugs brought Inaba to some non-disclosed derelict warehouse that was conveniently located by the school. How cliche can you get? At least the thugs commented on this a little.
So things wrapped up nice for everyone and best girl wins. Can't ask for much more than that.

Preface: I'm not a big anime guy. It's always intrigued me but I've never really gotten deep into it.

I just finished up Sword Art Online and absolutely fell in love with it, though I wrongly assumed that it was an ongoing series and there would be more episodes every week.

So... I have this Crunchyroll membership and I figure I may as well put it to good use for a couple of months.

Naruto and Bleach seem to be pretty popular on there, and they both seem interesting.

Are they worth a watch?

I am also open to suggestions on anything else that's on Crunchyroll that's worth a watch. :)

Milamber

Preface: I'm not a big anime guy. It's always intrigued me but I've never really gotten deep into it.

I just finished up Sword Art Online and absolutely fell in love with it, though I wrongly assumed that it was an ongoing series and there would be more episodes every week.

So... I have this Crunchyroll membership and I figure I may as well put it to good use for a couple of months.

Naruto and Bleach seem to be pretty popular on there, and they both seem interesting.

Are they worth a watch?

I am also open to suggestions on anything else that's on Crunchyroll that's worth a watch. :)

I'd start with My Ordinary Life and transition into Space Brothers, pepper with Lucky Star in between, garnish with Gintama and finish with School Days.

Welcome to AniGAF.

Are they worth a watch?

If you want something long running the best thing on Crunchyroll is Gintama.

Reknoc

Are they worth a watch?

Hunter x Hunter
Gintama
Moyashimon
Eyeshield 21
Space Brothers

Steroyd

Are they worth a watch?

Gintama
Hunter x Hunter
Kuroko's Basketball
Kokoro Connect
Chihayafuru
School Days
Wagnaria!!
Tsurutaima
Humanity has Declined
Dusk Maiden Amnesia

The top two are currently on going.

Are they worth a watch?

hunter x Hunter is a must. I don't think they have all bleach episodes anymore. You could look into sket dance, angel beats, tsuritama, heroman, and star driver.

Go_Ly_Dow

R.I.P Uchip. Maybe your return be swift.

Freeter Ie Wo Kau 5

Stop toying with my emotions. I was all crying and sad and then bam, sudden plot twist and I'm like SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Funny thing, the boss must be so mad at this crew. Every time he goes out with them to have a fun and cheery dinner, one of them decides to start breaking down cry and telling them his life story.

I used to skip watching the ED. I would just listen to the song while doing other, but I just watched it for this episode and yeah, the photographs are pretty cool

The construction company boss is awesome. Some great moments from him are to come.

Freeter Ie Wo Kau 2
I think I was as happy as the workers when we saw the completed road.
Also... Why is the neighbor so mean? :(

I love that road moment so much.

They're mean because they have nothing else better to do with their lives.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ore no Kanojo 1

That was generic, cliche, and the OP was overly stupid. I'll give this show two more episodes before I drop.

Jex

Just to provide a counterexample to any possible hivemind theories, I enjoyed Jinrui throughout. Maybe I just have more tolerance for that kind of thing.
Let it be known that a plethora of opinions are available in this thread!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh yeah, Jinrui is next on my list. What should I watch after that so I'm set to go for AotY thread? I'm forgetting things...

Ixion Saga DT 13

People had already put the pieces in place for the reveal :( Anyway otherwise at times a bit dull but I liked the visions of Kon in that filter, looked really cool. Just glad we can move on.

Theonik

Checking in for my backlog season progress so far:
Banner of the Stars Completed
Banner of the Stars II Completed
Banner of the Stars III Completed
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water 23/39
Let it be known that a plethora of opinions are available in this thread!
They just tend to be in general agreement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom