• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now that I've had some time to digest, I can finally talk about a little anime known as Dark Cat.

Dark Cat [Dub]

I think the weirdest part of this is how inside baseball it all feels. I did a little bit of wikipedia-ing, but there doesn't appear to be any other Dark Cat fiction... In which case 75% of this movie is just making stuff up and rolling with it. If I ever work up the guts to put this back in, I'll do a small write up on sub vs dub differences, because they're truly hysterical.

Anyway, it's great, go watch it.

Y'know, I actually think that I read somewhere that this was some hentai studio's first and only foray into trying to tap into the OVA market during the late 80s/early 90s bonanza. It certainly reeks of being a slapdash attempt to pander to the whole demons/gore/conspiracy thing that was so en vogue at the time without having any fucking clue as to how to actually write a plot or what made certain works from that nebulous genre succeed. Even without the legendary dub, it's pretty much the quintessential bad ca. 1990 OVA.

would totally watch a hentai starring Jive Guy

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Super long quote posts look messy, so I'm hitting post reply when I hit the end of a page.

We're in the new page! Yay!
Thanks for the update. I wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.

Tari Tari talk
Well I certainly didn't expect to see this popup after I went to bed. I quite enjoyed the show. Not AotY material, but enjoyable for that season. Also I'm rather partial to it because I was also in the school choir so it's a club activity I can finally associate with.

I mean... just because you write one bad thing that doesn't make you a bad writer. If you consistently write bad then... yeah. You're a bad writer.
Is this the harshest thing kayos has ever written about SAO?

They do Gachi Rangers.

Wait that's Mitsudomoe. I think Ganba Rangers?
Maybe we need to rank the best fictitious Ranger shows.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What's the point of the Senran Kagura girls getting a henshin sequence if they are gonna have their clothes ripped to their individual atoms by the end of the episodes?

Also Gargantia looks stupid.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Insert "Jive Guy" quote here]

mr.jivex5kvu.png

"I'm not trying to be arrogant, it's just that I haven't slept in a couple of nights. And I'm really not interested in jumping through your hoops. Hey, man, I'm not some trick pony that you see at the sideshow at the seashore. Cut me some slack, pops, and let me go home."

- Jive Guy, 199x

cajunator

Banned
Super long quote posts look messy, so I'm hitting post reply when I hit the end of a page.

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.

Well I certainly didn't expect to see this popup after I went to bed. I quite enjoyed the show. Not AotY material, but enjoyable for that season. Also I'm rather partial to it because I was also in the school choir so it's a club activity I can finally associate with.

Is this the harshest thing kayos has ever written about SAO?

Maybe we need to rank the best fictitious Ranger shows.

I agree about long quote posts.
When I post on mobile, I have a limit anyway,so I quote everything from one page at a time and make a series of multi quote posts.
Its the only way to make it work from my phone at work.

Pooya

Sakurasou - 13

I'm gonna side with the underdog,
Nanami will prevail in the end, I just know it , so much suffering :(

New OP is cool, old ED was a lot better.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But that's not a fictitious show within a show. It's real.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show. I even bought these.

Does it have to be a show within a show, per se? What if it's just in someone's imagination? If it can be, I nominate Sogeking.

Reknoc

Finished up Bakemonogatari

I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, though I didn't really know what I was expecting from it. My only experience with Nisioisin is Medaka Box and my only experience with Shaft were Madoka which I enjoyed and Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei which I gave up after 2 or so episodes and had to lay down in dark room with a cold cloth on my head. It never got less wordy and the visuals never got less distracting.

Will probably check out Nise later on. Might try to get something else out of my backlog first though.

Milamber

Finished up Bakemonogatari

I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, though I didn't really know what I was expecting from it. My only experience with Nisioisin is Medaka Box and my only experience with Shaft were Madoka which I enjoyed and Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei which I gave up after 2 or so episodes and had to lay down in dark room with a cold cloth on my head. It never got less wordy and the visuals never got less distracting.

Will probably check out Nise later on. Might try to get something else out of my backlog first though.

Ey7J9.gif

I absolutely loved the show. The wordplay was fascinating and the extremes of the characters was highly entertaining to watch. But I do see your point. It's an acquired taste. You may not enjoy Joshiraku then.

Reknoc

I absolutely loved the show. The wordplay was fascinating and the extremes of the characters was highly entertaining to watch. But I do see your point. It's an acquired taste. You may not enjoy Joshiraku then.

Hm, I may have been unclear. I meant Bake was too wordy, characters just talk about nothing for most of the time. My problem with SZS was entirely thanks to the visuals.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
<- Testing out a new Yukko! :D

EDIT: Hahahaha, the hair is the exact same color as GAF. Hmm...

EDIT2: There we go. I think I'll stick with that for a while. It looks...interesting. :lol

EDIT3: Eh, I like my old one too much, heh. Also, I have to stop making Yukko avatars. It makes watching an episode of Nichijou take like twice as long as it should. :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've beeen away for a bit and haven't kept up with much anime news recently. I remember this season looking like it would be underwhelming, but what shows seem promising to watch besides Tamako?
I've only watched four shows so far and all four of them have been lewd. If you're into that then I would happily recommend them.

Yeah, I looked at the post clock and there's been ten pages in about six and a half hours. It reminds me of late summer/fall of 2011 where the thread was moving at a pace of almost 20 pages a day at times. I got about 120 pages behind trying to keep up. Even just going to last page it was hard to follow the conversation because in just a few hours the thread would again be pages ahead.
That's why you have an auto refresher and just leave the last page active. Then you can go do something else and just glance every so often to see if the last post is of interest.

Instead of posting the pics, why not the gifs?
Didn't you hear Master Kayos. This is AnimeGAF, not GIFGAF.

I hate this gif too.
Oh no you didn't son.

Tari Tari is pissing me off... it's reminding me of my choir days OH THE HORROR!
I enjoyed my choir days. But then again it was just a small group of us in the bass section so it was quite easy to just chill.

Milamber

Tamako Market starts in 5 hours and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Vividred Operation and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT tomorrow.

Where do I find the time?

BluWacky

Tamako Market starts in 5 hours and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Vividred Operation and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT tomorrow.

Where do I find the time?

The average person in the UK watches 4 hours of TV a day. Those four episodes total about an hour and a half of TV, spread across two days. It's hardly a huge time commitment if you want to make it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The naked tit play is the major bulk of the show. That and tit slicing. There's a reason people refer to it sometimes as Ninja Tits.
I have to ask, do you see the boob chopping. I don't think I could see something so depressing.

Oh, I see that Arti is banned as well. More fallen soldiers. How will we reach OT -7 now?
Thank God someone here has understood the situation.

Yall just love sex-related scenes.
Me? I blush just seeing a girl's bare ankle!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does it have to be a show within a show, per se? What if it's just in someone's imagination? If it can be, I nominate Sogeking.

Well as long as it's not the actual show it's fine. Just one of those common ideas you see in anime.

Have to say the Gachi Ranger OP and ED are really catchy.

Milamber

The average person in the UK watches 4 hours of TV a day. Those four episodes total about an hour and a half of TV, spread across two days. It's hardly a huge time commitment if you want to make it.

That doesn't work for me as I am currently finishing up my backlog of AssCreed 2 (PC), Sengoku Rance (PC), Chihayafuru (Anime) and Softenni (Anime), not to mention watching the new eps as they air in-between.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

That's a lot of property and antique shows.

And that's my new anime idea. Antique's Roadshow: The Anime.

With David Dickin-san.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only watch 4 hours a day or more when Im watching football or marathons on history/discovery/a&e

That's because British television is the most engaging television in the world.

Being a nation of couch potatoes has nothing to do with it.

wonzo

Banned
Gyrozetter 13

Hmm, yeah those massive Gyrozetter's turned out to be pretty dissapoint but fortunately that awesome final move made up for it. Looks like next episode's gonna be a recap episode but according to duckroll it still has a fair bit of new animation and a completely new script so it should be something to look forward to.
RIP Pri ;_;

Jintor

Brits were more active outdoors back in the Boudaccia era. Once they finished up with the whole Empire thing, they reverted to scones and chimney-sweeps, I hear.

BluWacky

Happy Birthday BluWacky!

Since the thread seems to be moving at a pace of a page+ an hour I wasn't sure if you'd see my message but then I thought I remembered reading where you said somehow you're notified if someone responds to one of your posts so I thought I'd do it this way.

Then, Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one!

Thanks! I am at work, and then it's the office Christmas party this evening. It's going to be very exciting. Although one of my birthday cards does say &#12362;&#12417;&#12391;&#12392;&#12358; on it, maybe it's just a prelude to Instrumentality...

Fuck me. Do I have to leave this thread?

Why do you want to leave ? there is no need for that !
ixion saga dt - 13

Basically twenty or so minutes of Yu Kobayashi hammying it up as hard as she can. People who like that sort of a thing will enjoy this one, I guess.
I did.

upOetl.jpg

Considering what the actual Ixion Saga game is like, I wonder what Capcom's reaction to the anime is.

Well i had no idea that there was a game based on the universe ... i'm all for something funny and unique rather than a standard hero world ( like ragnarok online ).
If this wasn't for the website music i'd have a hard time to believe that both games are in the same universe .

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is the purpose of this "Boxing Day"?

Boxing Day is traditionally the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts from their superiors[1] or employers, known as a "Christmas box".

Now it is just the day the sales start after Christmas. Except for anyone who is smart and realises the sales now start before Christmas. In fact something I bought pre Christmas went up in price post Christmas (from 40% off to 30% off). Didn't stop people going mad on the day mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom