• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Now it is just the day the sales start after Christmas. Except for anyone who is smart and realises the sales now start before Christmas. In fact something I bought pre Christmas went up in price post Christmas (from 40% off to 30% off). Didn't stop people going mad on the day mind.

It's a UK only thing huh?

Noirulus

Grzi

Ixion Saga DT - 13

maBvo.jpg

I thought this was the final episode the entire time lol
It was great though, the show has been on a roll these past few episodes so I'm happy there will be more episodes.

Theonik

Yup. WastedSpent money on the entire collection myself. :p
Here's a guy that explains the specifics.
How bizarre. I wonder why they did that. If they wanted to protect the US release it would be an odd way to go about it. I'm guessing it might have to do with the US soundtrack but still very odd.

More Gyrozetter and seemingly the possibily of more Tanken Driland in english...a good morning I hope.

Digimon Adventure s1 29 - 31

Somehow did miss that detail of how they made it back but I guess I like how things are this half of the season.
Still in the real world how are the digimon even able to evolve and all that digital stuff and what not, cool anyway. disappointed at the character who seems to be the 8th digidestined :/
. Can we get new digivolutions please and can they stop spamming that hey digimon song, it seems like its played at least every episode now.

sonicmj1

Madhouse and Clamp present a touching story of the truest love there is.

Mouryou no Hako 1

I have good news for some of our fellow backloggers.

ib0uDxA1BtWL4K.png

iII2UbXR2OGBG.png

yuriyuriyuriyuri

Actually, in its opening minute, Mouryou no Hako sets its expectations clearly. It's got a supernatural bent; it's a story of the intersection between the eternal and the ephemeral, about souls and spirits good and evil, about life and what comes afterward. So there are a few unsettling moments, which at this point seem meant to set us up for what comes afterwards. I'll be sure to keep an eye on mentions of angels or spirits, as well as dolls.

iszedls3Mswco.png

Lookin' kinda weird there, Yoriko.
Actually, although there was a blur-filled moonlight dance that was kinda tough to watch, this show sometimes put a lot of attention into its animation. Not bad, Madhouse.

It's also set in the 1950s in Japan, which is kinda neat. There's a character introduced later in the episode who seems to be dealing with PTSD, so I wonder if they'll take it any further.

There's still a lot left for us to understand. We'll see how this plays out. I think I understand what Yoriko's relationship with Kanako is all about, but they're intentionally keeping us in the dark about one or two key things that could make a huge difference.

This should be a fun show to discuss as long as nobody tries to spoil anything.

I just realized that hosanna was going to join our backlog season, partially because of this show. Now I'm a little sad.

Follow along at home with us, hosanna!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Madhouse and Clamp present a touching story of the truest love there is.

Mouryou no Hako 1

I have good news for some of our fellow backloggers.

Actually, in its opening minute, Mouryou no Hako sets its expectations clearly. It's got a supernatural bent; it's a story of the intersection between the eternal and the ephemeral, about souls and spirits good and evil, about life and what comes afterward. So there are a few unsettling moments, which at this point seem meant to set us up for what comes afterwards. I'll be sure to keep an eye on mentions of angels or spirits, as well as dolls.

It's also set in the 1950s in Japan, which is kinda neat. There's a character introduced later in the episode who seems to be dealing with PTSD, so I wonder if they'll take it any further.

There's still a lot left for us to understand. We'll see how this plays out. I think I understand what Yoriko's relationship with Kanako is all about, but they're intentionally keeping us in the dark about one or two key things that could make a huge difference.

This should be a fun show to discuss as long as nobody tries to spoil anything.

I just realized that hosanna was going to join our backlog season, partially because of this show. Now I'm a little sad.

Follow along at home with us, hosanna!

Will watch soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Steroyd

AMNESIA - 01..

I'm not sure what to make of the premise of this show. For some reason i'm not as thrilled as i should be .

The entire concept of recalling memories is "ok" and i get that she is supposed to be a blank state...but still move yourself more girl !!! Talk more ! I mean "act" or is she waiting to be saved by one of her "knights" ?If she doesn't get more "active" in teh next 2 episodes , this show will be dropped with the force of a thousand suns !

Says it all when Yu from Persona 4 shows more personality than that girl, how the other characters never caught on that something was wrong is astounding.

[Manyuu Hikenchou]

Amusingly so, sometimes.

http://i.imgur.com/cbePv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 46226079"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FICGF.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And to think that was like decensored compared to how bad it really got.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TZ96r.jpg?1

Milky Holmes Alternative - 01

This is played far too straight, I'm sure they could have kept some degree of humour and still have them as competent at what they do prior to the events of the 1st Milky Holmes season, because right now all reason for why the first 2 seasons were entertaining watches have been sucked out and all that's left is some soulless subpar mystery show with super powers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I... uhh... I'm finding that it's actually kinda difficult to be very crude when I post due to my damn face being right there next to it. Feels like that fucker is staring at me all judgmental-like.

But yeah, I like.

You get used to it.

That shit's hot.

Oh my.

Crossing fingers that tongue is put to good use.
I can only assume so, probably on Katsuragi.
I... uhh... I'm finding that it's actually kinda difficult to be very crude when I post due to my damn face being right there next to it. Feels like that fucker is staring at me all judgmental-like.

But yeah, I like.
But that smile! He seems to like it.
How very...phallic.
Why do you think they hide their scrolls in their cleavage?
Or in Katsuragi's case, in her skirt
You get used to it.

That shit's hot.
High talk coming from a guy wearing dark sunglasses.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I figure whatever is happening there is simply too pure for my sinful male gaze to resolve.

The confession box is always open my friend. Confess the sins that lie deep in your heart and free yourself. Let the purity cleanse your body and soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom