• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

You're getting these through everyone's MALs, aren't you?

Regardless, thanks! I was wondering today if I was on your birthday list :lol

tumblr_m89t2ktuzv1qk4h1clx.jpg

Happy Birthday, old bean!

Nafe

You're getting these through everyone's MALs, aren't you?

Regardless, thanks! I was wondering today if I was on your birthday list :lol

Haha, some of them yeah. You were and hopefully you have a good day.

you can do polls?

I think this might be the first time I've seen a poll on NeoGaf. It certainly hasn't been very often anyway.

Needs a R2 remaster.

Yeah, I just came across it through a Tumbler page or something the one time and I thought it might be something to use in the future.

Does Nafe know my birthday?!

I probably mentioned it a few times.

I do know it. :)

Do you want Nafe to know your birthday? It's time to become another statistic!

As apparently the AnimeGaf historian I guess I should know these things maybe? Haha, no, I'm just trying to be nice is all.

Although I did notice that I missed yours as it wasn't too long ago. :(
If it doesn't seem too rude since it's so belated then I hope you had a Happy Birthday too.

You need to watch Heartcatch to know why we are so disappointed with this finale. We were spoiled and we won't submit to mediocrity.

I wondered if that was it. I'll get to Heartcatch hopefully sooner than later.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Thanks, everyone, I'll try to respond to you individually in a while.

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 02:

wonzo is going to be absolutely thrilled with something toward the end of the episode. The miko needs much more screen time. That's about all I can say about this.

Narag

Thanks, everyone, I'll try to respond to you individually in a while.

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 02:

wonzo is going to be absolutely thrilled with something toward the end of the episode. The miko needs much more screen time. That's about all I can say about this.

Well shit, I knew I forgot something today.

cajunator

Banned
I went away for a couple hours and you guys went a little nuts...

duckroll, can this be kayos' avatar when the AotY results are in?

zp48W.png

Hopefully thats not chocolate.

Hey...that reminds me of N-

Immediately reminds me of:

04HXI.jpg

yes her.

Kayos, I'm apologizing in advance for this one.

XD
Oh this thread...

This place is unfathomable.

You get used to it. A lot of this is in-jokes.

Tsuritama Episode 2

Gotta say, I really liked this episode.

First things first, the opening is really great. As with the show itself, I love how it uses colours and silhouettes. It's infectious, the song especially. It's fantastic, and it almost reminds me of The Pillows in a way.

I still absolutely love how they use water to portray Yuki's social anxiety. But even more so whenever the fishing rod yanks him out of it. The entire sequence as he gets another bite is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching Yuki get yanked out of the water rising over his head with a single tug of his rod. Everything after that was just as great - especially the transformation that Yuki seems to undergo as he gets into the spirit of it. It's real self confidence after a long time questioning himself and mourning the situation he's found himself bound up in. If only fishing were this exciting in reality.

I mean, it made tying a knot feel triumphant.

As always, this show is a real pleasure to look at. But (and, unlike the visuals, I don't think I've mentioned this) the aural component is wonderful. The music fits incredibly well for the atmosphere they're going for, and the whole thing just sounds great. The whole thing is just really, really well-produced.

That all said, I'm mixed on Haru and his sister. Every time I think he's really starting to endear himself to me, he whips out his water pistol or starts complaining about how hard fishing is. The next few episodes should straighten out my opinion of him and what he adds to the show - hopefully for the better. I'm pretty interested in seeing what this Akira fellow's deal is. Because I think I like him.

I always roll my eyes a little at the word 'feelgood', mostly because it's been killed dead by romantic comedy advertising, but I don't think there's a more appropriate way to describe Tsuritama.

You are correct. Tsuritama is a very uplifting and optimistic show. It makes you feel great watching it and gives off a pleasant atmosphere befitting a tiny seaside town adventure.

Its one of the in-jokes. :Kayos means "Im confused" or "wait, what?" because Kayos is our eternally confused little mascot.

Kazzy

Happy Birthday, Mad Pierrot! May your name continue to be evocative!

And let me join in on the picture parade.

As apparently the AnimeGaf historian I guess I should know these things maybe? Haha, no, I'm just trying to be nice is all.

Although I did notice that I missed yours as it wasn't too long ago. :(
If it doesn't seem too rude since it's so belated then I hope you had a Happy Birthday too.

It never hurts to be nice!

And thanks. Though it's no bother, especially as my Birthday happens to fall on one of the worst days anyway, so it's hardly surprising when it gets forgotten!

Branduil

SAO actually doesn't have as many votes as you would think in the AotY thread. I mean it still has way too many and will probably make the list, but it's mostly confined to a small number of voters voting it #1.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SAO actually doesn't have as many votes as you would think in the AotY thread. I mean it still has way too many and will probably make the list, but it's mostly confined to a small number of voters voting it #1.

Yep. Really disappointing. Not even my campaign to get people to vote for it worked. Guess the second half really killed anyone's liking for it.

Grzi

Happy Birthday Mad Pierrot!
You were the first to give me a warm welcome when I started posting more regularly here so you know I always got your back homie.

Narag

Yep. Really disappointing. Not even my campaign to get people to vote for it worked. Guess the second half really killed anyone's liking for it.

I recall seeing a shift in opinion when the cousin showed up.

Transition went like this:
  • Perfectly fine with tentacle monster & loli
  • Not ok with cousins

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm doing some informal counting on that AOTY thread and I've gotten some pretty surprising results already.

Unless I'm counting wrong, Fate/Zero isn't even close to 1st right now.

Unless I can't count for shit it's right in third place behind Jojo.

Hyouka is in first. Looks like its dried up to the point where that can't change.

Would be the same exact travesty as when Panty and Stocking won and Tatami Galaxy had to settle for third.

Dresden

Hyouka is in first. Looks like its dried up to the point where that can't change.

Would be the same exact travesty as when Panty and Stocking won and Tatami Galaxy had to settle for third.

Good wins once again.

cajunator

Banned
There you go. It never occurred to me this was the the Riding Bean/Gunsmith Cats guy.

Thank youuuuuuu!
*bounces

He did the character design for Riding Bean/Gunsmith Cats/bubblegum Crisis/Otaku no video. his work is forever tied with greatness and my childhood memories.

OceanBlue

Woah, what? So top three is Hyouka, Jojo, and Fate/Zero? That's not bad at all.

/XX/

Thanks. And no worries, my Birthday happens to fall on one of the worst days anyway, so it's hardly surprising when it gets forgotten!
Worst day? What is that? Every day can be amazing before its start (moreover being your birthday, man). However, mine is even better as it falls on the NICE Day... remember this, guys... the. NICE. Day!

I'm sure someone will get the reference...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry JoJo, I may have to replace you with another underdog and swap my results to push something up the ranks.

Novid

Banned
Hataraki Man 2

Shangri-la~

AAAGH! I felt like punching my monitor during this scene. Holy shit, I'd kill her. I'd freaking murder the hag.

At first I thought Fumiya was just your common women hater, but his reasoning for not feeling comfortable around them is sincere. In the end, through his interactions with Hiro, we ended up getting another solid episode about real life. More non-SoL shows should try real life. It's an interesting subject.

Fun fact: 90% of the journalists who work with gossip stuff I know are women.

now i know this will never air in the states...too busy out loli-ing the Japanese with the live action hijinks of dance moms and honey boo boo...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sorry JoJo, I may have to replace you with another underdog and swap my results to push something up the ranks.

Right theres also this.

A ton of people couldn't follow the rules. They listed series without numbers in front of them which makes it impossible to count and some people actually voted for Kill Me Baby.

More than one of you!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Right theres also this.

A ton of people couldn't follow the rules. They listed series without numbers in front of them which makes it impossible to count and some people actually voted for Kill Me Baby.

More than one of you!

I'm not the only one around here with taste?

And for people who forgot numbers I'll personally volunteer to apply the numbers for them.

Nafe

Happy birthday, Mad Pierrot! Nafe is commencing to scare me, though... :-/

Nah, too nice to ever consider that... ;-)

Before it creeps anyone out, I don't actually have any kind of database or anything. I only know people's birthdays if they already mentioned them or made them publicly available beforehand.

If someone told me their birthday through a PM or something then, while it might sound weird to ask someone if it's Ok to wish them a happy birthday, I would ask them first anyway, just in case it was something they didn't want the general public to know and were just more comfortable with telling me personally.

It never hurts to be nice!

And thanks. It's no bother, especially as my Birthday happens to fall on one of the worst days anyway, so it's hardly surprising when it gets forgotten!

Ok, that's good then. :)
I wasn't sure if it would come across as kind of weird or rude or anything given the time.

I never did construct an AOTY list.
The main thing is actually remembering!

Yeah, the same for me. I still have to look back through all I did watch and then ordering and what or how much I want to say about each title.

Man, I'm going to feel bad once my birthday comes up...and Nafe doesn't mention it!

Me too. :(
Especially since I don't think I know it yet...

Theonik

Well, I'm not really opposed to drawing yaoi hentai! I am open-minded after all! Besides, boys love can be kinda sexy
if they look like girls, lol.

Truly - of the highest degree... but I wouldn't allow for that.
I would think DTL agrees with the first statement. And as for the second point that is the value of a good editor!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
NO! Don't you know that when a girl anyone says not to do something (because it's a turn on), that you're supposed to do it even harder? Maybe that's why you don't have a girlfriend!
Sorry, that was a low blow XD please forgive me!! I don't really mean that!

Erm... that's okay. ^^;

Well, I'm not really opposed to drawing yaoi hentai! I am open-minded after all! Besides, boys love can be kinda sexy
if they look like girls, lol.

Have you been introduced to cuilian?

cajunator

Banned
Off to work for my last day before my off week :D
Its cold and rainy over here. 37F doesnt sound like much but this is the Gulf. Its humid and damp and raining and fucking miserable outside. It soaks into your clothing and just plain sucks. I want summer! I might watch some summertime anime to warm up tomorrow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And another who has their birthday on White Day. Every year they are forgotten by everyone, but they remember each other's birthdays and eventually fall in love. Awwww.

Branduil

10. Sankarea

While short at only three episodes, Sankarea tells a potent and tragic story of loneliness, abuse, grief, and delusion as a girl who escapes from an abusive home becomes captured by the idea that she can be reborn through death after meeting a zombie-loving boy who has lost his grip on reality. A sorrowful tale elevated by moody visuals and a striking atmosphere of despair, the series uses the few episodes it has to skillfully depict a friendship born of mutual need that ends after a single desperate choice.

I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom