• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Hey maybe her laptop had an amp built in!

(besides the 701s have a low enough impedance that they'd work on a laptop, they'd sound like shit due to their power hungry nature but still)
Quality laptop, thats all that matters.
And she also has an exceptionally high-energy-line-outputting Sony Discman, of course!

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but the "problem" with those cans is the low-mid impedance matched to a comparatively low sensitivity rating, that is what actually makes them hard to drive...

Speaking of Geneijin, I haven't seen him post much lately.
True, and I want to see the return of the Fidelio Lady as well!

Moonlight

Banned
Tsuritama Episode 2

Gotta say, I really liked this episode.

First things first, the opening is really great. As with the show itself, I love how it uses colours and silhouettes. It's infectious, the song especially. It's fantastic, and it almost reminds me of The Pillows in a way.

I still absolutely love how they use water to portray Yuki's social anxiety. But even more so whenever the fishing rod yanks him out of it. The entire sequence as he gets another bite is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching Yuki get yanked out of the water rising over his head with a single tug of his rod. Everything after that was just as great - especially the transformation that Yuki seems to undergo as he gets into the spirit of it. It's real self confidence after a long time questioning himself and mourning the situation he's found himself bound up in. If only fishing were this exciting in reality.

I mean, it made tying a knot feel triumphant.

As always, this show is a real pleasure to look at. But (and, unlike the visuals, I don't think I've mentioned this) the aural component is wonderful. The music fits incredibly well for the atmosphere they're going for, and the whole thing just sounds great. The whole thing is just really, really well-produced.

That all said, I'm mixed on Haru and his sister. Every time I think he's really starting to endear himself to me, he whips out his water pistol or starts complaining about how hard fishing is. The next few episodes should straighten out my opinion of him and what he adds to the show - hopefully for the better. I'm pretty interested in seeing what this Akira fellow's deal is. Because I think I like him.

I always roll my eyes a little at the word 'feelgood', mostly because it's been killed dead by romantic comedy advertising, but I don't think there's a more appropriate way to describe Tsuritama.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Quit stealing my stuff!!
Just kidding, I was just thinking there was something more between you two or something.
Woah man. I'm totally respectful of the ladies. I gotta court Emitan first by writing sonnets and slaying her family's enemies while drinking blood from their skulls.

Shakugan no Shanatan G

O5hvl.jpg
319BT.jpg

Flashing yourself. That's different.

I must be late on the poll since I didn't see one this morning when I checked the thread! I am in favor of the further spiraling downward of OT numbers with |OT -5|. It seems very fitting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 01
Well that sucked. I actually am kind of into the visual style and music, but the material being worked with is just bad. Nothing about it is funny, interesting, or clever. It is all very emotionless. Blonde frog girl is particularly unbearable. I do not know that I have the motivation to go on with this much longer.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 14

I always laugh out loud in disbelief when taking my headphones off after an episode of JoJo. It's just too good.

Senran Kagura 2

As if being voiced by Yuu Kobayashi hasn't already proved that Katsuragi is the best girl, she just keeps getting lewder. Also the plot (PLOT) is seemingly starting to thicken and I await the lewd shinobi battles to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom