• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

JDC7s.gif

Wait... no... ah! no wonder the artist kept bugging me in this manga.

Oikawa Tooru (Shin Sekai Yori Manga) is also Men's (Tsunken), a doujin artist. Also an assistant to Yabuki Kentaro (To-Love-Ru).

Joule

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 12

I reeeeeally hope we get some specials (or more seasons for that matter) after this. I don't want to say goodbye yet!
Well there's unused manga material I'm aware of so there's stuff to draw from for the specials that will likely come.

jbug617

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 5

Just a lovely episode of everyone taking care of a sick Yuno. This show just makes you feel good.

SDBurton moment:
Miya changing Yuno wet pajamas.

Defuser

Kokoro Connect ep 16 and 17

Well, that was a nice conclusion although some parts were weak and doesn't make sense such as
Taichi asking Inaba out
considering the arc keep emphasising on how
Taichi keeps saying he love Iori
. I must say Aki Toyosaki and Miyuki Swashiro is fucking excellent in voicing their parts. I can feel Aki's anger and Miyuki's love/dere performance is hnnnnnnghtastic.

Please give us a season 2 Silver Link and no stupid prank stuff next time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chet just gifted me a sketch of an elated Yayoi drawing ShizukuXRitsu girl love in ways appropriate for Comiket.

This year is already shaping up to be great!

Dresden

Nekomonogatari - B - 01

And the series continues to get worse. Beginning with the clip reel of what happened in Bakemono wasn't a great idea - all the better to remind the viewer of what a fuckplow the episode they're about to watch is.

ZUc5bl.jpg

Beginning with a twelve-minute conversation that quickly runs out of charm and limps along filling in the appropriate quotas for molestation and fanservice, this is mostly just a shitpile getting by on nostalgia left over from the original series. It's also pretty fucking ugly for the most part, and when it's not boring it's (nsfw) actively disgusting.

It's a pity because Hanekawa's story is genuinely interesting, and there are the occasional scenes where it retrieves some of what made Bakemonogatari watchable. Mostly I just feel bad that I wasted time watching this.

Chet just gifted me a sketch of an elated Yayoi drawing ShizukuXRitsu girl love in ways appropriate for Comiket.

This year is already shaping up to be great!

I'm glad you liked it. I hope I captured her personality just a little.
I'll finish it all up at some point. I've got a lot on my plate.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nekomonogatari - B - 01

Beginning with a twelve-minute conversation that quickly runs out of charm and limps along filling in the appropriate quotas for molestation and fanservice, this is mostly just a shitpile getting by on nostalgia left over from the original series. It's also pretty fucking ugly for the most part, and when it's not boring it's (nsfw) actively disgusting.
This is gonna spawn a lot of copycat fanart like the toothbrush scene, isn't it?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This is gonna spawn a lot of copycat fanart like the toothbrush scene, isn't it?

While well-detailed, it doesn't look, erm, inventive enough to inspire much of anything.

If Neko is shit I guess I'll just abandon all expectations and hope it hits one of my fetishes sooner or later. Weird pandering is p.much all SHAFT is good for anymore outside of Hidamari.

Defuser

Nekomonogatari part 1

I almost want to complain the time wasting discussion between Araragi and Tsukihi because it almost a retread of the toothbrush episode but then I forgot that it's a 2 hour special which is why they can do this.

Other than that the only worthwhile part is the serious discussion between Hanekawa and Araragi while the majority of the part is just beating the dead horse that Araragi is just a perverted incestuous lolicon.

Only saving grace is shinbo's direction.

Isn't it fucking ironic that Nekomonogatari gets a 2 hour time while Shaft can't even finish their Kizumonogatari movie and still teases about it?

Pooya

Nekomonogatari part 1

Isn't it fucking ironic that Nekomonogatari gets a 2 hour time while Shaft can't even finish their Kizumonogatari movie and still teases about it?

probably because Kizu should have quite bit of actual animation , too hard for Shaft :3

Articalys

I seem to have missed quite a bit of, um, fun while I was out.

Anyway, another belated happy new year to everyone who had their time zone roll around in the last few hours.

Jex

Nekomonogatari - B - 01

I don't think it's too bad in the art department, it's certainly got more animation in it than your average Nisemonogatari episode, most of which were rather poorly made.

Jex

Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabitito 8

I have a feeling that this show is setting itself up for the biggest mindfuck bullshit ending ever.

"Even in such a far back looking world, there are still things that are resolved by violence". Uhh... what the fuck does this mean? What could this possibly be saying? That the world looks old fashioned but there's still things solved with violence? Erm, okay, but literally every period in history has had issues dealt with through violence. So your little quote there isn't nearly as deep as you think it is; in fact, it's quite stupid. Holy shit, I think I just described this whole show.

This show has now brought furries into the mix. Yes, that's right; there are now furries. A fox girl, full with fox ears and tails (yes, that's plural; she actually has multiple tails). She's attacked by samurai of the princess of the Bamboo Forest, but saved by Hatsuki. Oh, that reminds me; wasn't the last time we saw Hatsuki in the current timeline the time she was on the island? How the fuck did she get to a fucking bamboo forest?

The princess is Hatsumi. Well, she's not Hatsumi but kinda is. She claims to have grown up in the forest and been the princess there since birth, but she looks exactly like Hatsumi (though I think her eyes are a different color) and even has the same comb. She says the comb is some old heirloom or something. So she's connected to Eve/Hatsumi in some way. Here's where the foundation for a really fucking nonsensical ending is being built, folks.

Then the princess and her samurai are attacked by voluptuous sex ninjas. Can't say more about them yet. I probably won't ever be able to.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how I'm spending my New Years. With this....thing.
Don't try and think about it, just feel it. Perhaps your mind will survive that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom