• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Chet just gifted me a sketch of an elated Yayoi drawing ShizukuXRitsu girl love in ways appropriate for Comiket.

This year is already shaping up to be great!

This sounds intriguing and possibly very cute.

I'm glad you liked it. I hope I captured her personality just a little.
I'll finish it all up at some point. I've got a lot on my plate.

Pm me.

I drew youguys!

Well this is fucking amazing right here!
I can guess most of them.

Articalys

New Year's means kotatsu Houtarou time:
M1Vvc.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Huh. So the Shinsekai yori manga is actually better than the anime.
I wasn't expecting to see the big evil cat eating whatsername.

Westlo

So which episodes of Girls und Panzer where censored/changed for the crunchroll release?

Isn't it fucking ironic that Nekomonogatari gets a 2 hour time while Shaft can't even finish their Kizumonogatari movie and still teases about it?

Not just ironic but a fuckup, you really need to know Kizu to get the most out of certain scenes (like the Shinobu talks scene) and characters (Tsubasa duh) in this and Nise.... (Nise still sucks regardless) I'm just curious how much SHAFT will fuck things up... will Zenmonogatari air before Kizu hits cinemas? (Either way we'll see Zen before Kizu releases on BD/DVD)

And Zen better be two cour minimum so that means we'll have plenty of "SHAFT quality" moments throughout.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Btooom! 1-3

Ugh. I hate Madhouse and their stuff but the story sounds interesting so I'll keep watching.

Jex

I don't really understand the comments which complain about Nekomonogatari (Black) looking cheap and ugly. Well, I do understand those complaints in so far as I would agree with that sentiment but it's not like the series has ever looked good. Even the best episode in Bakemonogatari looks remarkably flat and dull in places:

This isn't a particularly new development. Perhaps you've all just grown accustomed to looking at anime that doesn't look shoddy and cheap?

DiGiKerot

So which episodes of Girls und Panzer where censored/changed for the crunchroll release?

Episode 8 is missing the fifty second long Katyusha scene, and episode 9 has an instrumental version of the same song replaced with another track. Pretty sure that's it.

cajunator

Banned
I don't really understand the comments which complain about Nekomonogatari (Black) looking cheap and ugly. Well, I do understand those complaints in so far as I would agree with that sentiment but it's not like the series has ever looked good. Even the best episode in Bakemonogatari looks remarkably flat and dull in places:

This isn't a particularly new development. Perhaps you've all just grown accustomed to looking at anime that doesn't look shoddy and cheap?

It looks like the rest of monagatari universe stylistically.
No difference.

Westlo

Episode 8 is missing the fifty second long Katyusha scene, and episode 9 has an instrumental version of the same song replaced with another track. Pretty sure that's it.

Thanks for the quick reply, pity since Kayyusha is godlike from listening to the OST.

wonzo

Banned
rip cataracts

K 13 END

k13.jpg

It's finally over. The only reason I started watching this show was to see just how ostensibly awful the use if filters was (por-tip: it's fucking horrendous) and pretty much ended up watching all 13 episodes thanks to just how entertainingly stupid the whole fucking thing was. Saying that, I honestly don't think I could stomach another cour of this so I'll wrap up my "K experience" here.

In short: don't watch this...

unless Kumagawa gets a cameo appearance and deletes the colour blue.

Paper Fox

Hey guys and gals. I'm hoping to get into a bit more anime this year and I'd like some recommendations. Preferably I'd like movies/ series that are only one or two seasons long.

I've already seen quite a few movies like Ponyo, Totoro, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (loved it), Perfect Blue, Spirited Away etc.
My fave series are Evangelion (loved the action and story but not sure about Rebuild) and Death Note (again, great story). I'm a few episodes into Fruits Basket and I'm liking it so far.
I did buy Vandread but I didn't really like it much (story didn't sparkle with me and the cgi in it was odd).

So yeah I was just after something new, preferably with a good story and a bit of action.
Thanks in advance :)

OceanBlue

Hey guys and gals. I'm hoping to get into a bit more anime this year and I'd like some recommendations. Preferably I'd like movies/ series that are only one or two seasons long.

I've already seen quite a few movies like Ponyo, Totoro, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (loved it), Perfect Blue, Spirited Away etc.
My fave series are Evangelion (loved the action and story but not sure about Rebuild) and Death Note (again, great story). I'm a few episodes into Fruits Basket and I'm liking it so far.
I did buy Vandread but I didn't really like it much (story didn't sparkle with me and the cgi in it was odd).

So yeah I was just after something new, preferably with a good story and a bit of action.

Since you liked The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and are looking for a bit of action, try Summer Wars.

Theonik

So what happened in 2010 to cause this revolution?
Well Cajunator joined GAF in 2012 for one if his profile is to be believed!
Ta-da! Here's the 2012 Top 10 Wall of Shame!

http://i.imgur.com/1YmXi.png

Based on the 11 seasonal threads from the year. Happy new years!

You know it's not real right? It's fan made. :p
Only the fans can give us trully revolutionary producks like this and the TLR tissue box:

They shouldn't be. :(
Now that's crazy talk!

Oh lawd.

Would hatewatch.

I drew youguys!
Awesome lol. You need to do this more often
then again it wouldn't be as special.

wonzo

Banned

Angel's Egg

angelegg.jpg

Dennou Coil

dennocoil.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena

utenadvd.png

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse

utenaadolescence.jpg

Time of Eve Movie

timeofeve3.jpg

Trapeze aka Kuuchuu Buranko

trapeze.jpg

You Are Umasou Movie

umasou.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nekomonogatari - B - 01

And the series continues to get worse. Beginning with the clip reel of what happened in Bakemono wasn't a great idea - all the better to remind the viewer of what a fuckplow the episode they're about to watch is.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUc5bl.jpg

Beginning with a twelve-minute conversation that quickly runs out of charm and limps along filling in the appropriate quotas for molestation and fanservice, this is mostly just a shitpile getting by on nostalgia left over from the original series. It's also pretty fucking ugly for the most part, and when it's not boring it's (nsfw) actively disgusting.

It's a pity because Hanekawa's story is genuinely interesting, and there are the occasional scenes where it retrieves some of what made Bakemonogatari watchable. Mostly I just feel bad that I wasted time watching this.

Y U HATE NEKO

etc, etc.

Grzi

It was a cold and stormy Saturday evening as Cajunator found himself sitting in his living room alone browsing neogaf. He was wanting to escape the dreary environment by focusing extensively on communicating with friends online. As he looked and saw Jexhius posts suddenly stop appearing, he started to panic. Jexhius was a valued friend and rival he had as he was on a quest to quickly rise to the top of the coveted position on the anime board on the thread. To suddenly have his trusted companion not post anymore started to send shivers down his spine. How could he survive in a world without such a precious person? What could he even do without him? And worst, without his presence, he'd feel lonely.

As if sensing his emotions, an act of god, lightning, suddenly struck nearby. Cajunator was shocked and started to tumble out his chair. Fortunately, Jexhius reached his hand out, gently catching Cajunator in a loving and warm embrace. Cajunator's heart instantly skipped several beats as a smile crept on his face as he stared into Jexhius gorgeous eyes. Jexhius stared back intensely too, grinning from ear to ear as if he had just received the greatest gift that anyone could receive. He began to lean ever so closer to Cajunator. Unconsciously, Cajunator began to lean closer as he finally was able to see the expression of Jexhius that he has always wanted to see. Their faces were mere centimeters apart and the next thing Jexhius knew, he felt contact. Not simple contact but more like if a feather from a heavenly angel had graced his lips. The moment was one that he wished had lasted a lifetime and for Cajunator it was like an ultimate showcase of their undying friendship, trust, admiration, and bond between one another. With this, the kiss grew in intensity until somehow they found themselves digging into each others clothes, throwing them off while toppling over the chair and then...

With this they swore to never leave one another again and to continue to strive to reach their domination goals.

Hey Jexhius, you must have missed this, so I thought I'd repost it. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It sounds like 2 parts phoenix and 1 part Bee mixed with a tablespoon of Neko. In other words... it sounds like Nisemonogatari with a new name.

I can't blame him for having a negative reaction. :(

Poor dresden. I pity him. :(

Then again, I'm the guy who would be happy with -monogatari radio dramas, so I suppose I'm the wrong person to judge the franchise. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Managed to avoid the overall wall of shame. 2013 is off to a great start. And I didn't even have to open up Sad Panda thanks to DTL's cajunXjex story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom