• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Looks like Anime News Network is going to start compiling New Year's greetings as well, bit by bit in alphabetical order, starting with this first batch; I like the A-1 picture, even if it drags tons of characters out of their normal context.
wQYre.png

Jex

So what happened in 2010 to cause this revolution?

I started posting heavily because I wanted to see more discussion in the thread. Basically I wanted somewhere to talk about older anime, but I didn't want to have to go about creating a LTTP thread for every old series that I watched. The seasonal threads at that point were basically directed at ongoing shows but it didn't seem that it was 'against the rules' to talk about old stuff. To tell you the truth I was a little bit concerned that such comments weren't going to be allowed in thread because they were Off-Topic (considering they weren't anime from that season) and that as a consequence I might get banned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Looks like Anime News Network is going to start compiling New Year's greetings as well, bit by bit in alphabetical order, starting with this first batch; I like the A-1 picture, even if it drags tons of characters out of their normal context.
A) I guess that's proof that they're more of a studio in the Hollywood sense and have no real identity or personality.

B) I totally forgot that Buddha/Jesus thing was being made into an anime. lol

Jex

You could ostensibly say that, with the benefit of hindsight, but
the later scenes where Zodd actually talks about/to Guts are much more relevant for that purpose than this one. The act of just silently throwing a sword comes across, more than anything else, as far too mysterious and whimsical at first glance. There's no real attempt to explain why Zodd would even care about Guts, someone who for all he knows is destined to die when a certain "inescapable" sacrifice happens, until quite some time afterwards.

In any case, I know this is not going to change anyone's mind and I'm not that interested in the movies myself, so this argument is mostly academic.

This reminds of an argument I was having with duckroll ages ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20954236&postcount=1410

wonzo

Banned
CODE: BREAKER 13 END

codebreaker13.jpg

What a spectacular way to end a series. These last two episodes certainly had it all, great animation, great direction, great writing and some truly great voice acting to give it that extra oomph. I really wasn't expecting much from this series ever since the first teaser images and PV's came out but I'm pretty much stunned as to just how good this turned out. It's easily in the running for my Top 10 of the year and I'm honestly amazed that most people seem take an absolute massive shit on this show. I mean, I'm use to the rather "questionable" opinions of others on the Internet but I genuinely don't see how anyone could call this fucking show a piece of shit. Utter madness.

It's a real shame Hitomi wasn't able to off that piece of shit of a Prime Minister, hopefully one of the remainding Code: Breakers or the new antagonists will.
I'd read the manga to find out but I've heard some truly terrible things about it. Now all I can do is hope this gets the second season it deserves.

codebreaker13a.png

/XX/

I hope you my precious are watching the Neujahrskonzert... nothing better to pass this suffering 'mañanero' ('estas resacas del copón no van conmigo, chacho')... even my fucking liver is dancing a vals!

Starting with the Winter 2012 thread and going to the Fall 2012 OT3 thread cajunator has made a whopping 14,195 posts! If you include the posts he's made as of this post in this thread as well then it adds up to 14,283 posts!
New posters commence here after 'lurking' and continue to 'lurk' for years, with a dozen at most of feels expressed in while quickly forgotten, dragged by the stream in the vastness of ideas flowing incessantly to be imprinted like digital ink on this place. Or they are either gone in a whim, and their post-counts freezed for time to come... but for cajunator, it was Tuesday...

TO LOVE RU DARKNESS - 12
Well what better way to start the year ?
To%20Love-Ru_%20Trouble%20-%20Darkness%20-%2012.jpg

I see NO problem here

Momo délusions are really the best thing to happen to eichi animes ... there is like a before to love ru darkness and "now" . We've reached a new millestone ! i can't put it into words .

Where the heck does this light comes from ?

4 delusions in 1 episode is maybe too much but for a finale it was great ..

Bring it on , blu rays !!

cajunator

Banned
Hey guys and gals. I'm hoping to get into a bit more anime this year and I'd like some recommendations. Preferably I'd like movies/ series that are only one or two seasons long.

I've already seen quite a few movies like Ponyo, Totoro, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (loved it), Perfect Blue, Spirited Away etc.
My fave series are Evangelion (loved the action and story but not sure about Rebuild) and Death Note (again, great story). I'm a few episodes into Fruits Basket and I'm liking it so far.
I did buy Vandread but I didn't really like it much (story didn't sparkle with me and the cgi in it was odd).

So yeah I was just after something new, preferably with a good story and a bit of action.
Thanks in advance :)

Steins;Gate
Also, if you want space fun, the correct answer is Nadesico.

So I stumbled across this great new YouTube channel called Oldschool Sakuga dedicated to, you guessed it, sakuga scenes from older anime.

Here it is.

There's some great stuff there, like this Hiroyuki Okiura scene from The Hakkenden, or this compilation of Atsushi Wakabayashi's scenes from Yu Yu Hakusho, or these three scenes by Norio Matsumoto from the original Hunter X Hunter, just to name a few.

Thanks for this!

What in the holy roller fuck am I watching here?

I love this stuff. Keep it coming!

I hope you my precious are watching the Neujahrskonzert... nothing better to pass this suffering 'mañanero' ('estas resacas del copón no van conmigo, chacho')... even my fucking liver is dancing a vals!

New posters commence here after 'lurking' and continue to 'lurk' for years, with a dozen at most of feels expressed in while quickly forgotten, dragged by the stream in the vastness of ideas flowing incessantly to be imprinted like digital ink on this place. Or they are either gone in a whim, and their post-counts freezed for time to come... but for cajunator, it was Tuesday...

I fear nothing. although there are a few things I should probably fear based on a couple of bans. Actually though I came from a much more sarcastic and inclusive forum so I was well versed in dealing with internet characters. This forum did not intimidate me at all. I just flung the door open and was like "whats up fuckers :D"
Love you all.

BluWacky

Btw Wonzo, you already checking out Thermae Romae Live Action? that stuff's incredible.

I've only watched the first fifteen minutes or so, but once again Japanese humour seems to be passing me by. I love Hiroshi Abe, but everything just seems so obvious. I'll try and watch the rest in due course.

Jex

[CØDE:BREAKER] - 13

CodeBreaker13.jpg

God damn what a great finale. Season 2 when? I know, the answer is of course 'never' because this apparently wasn't popular in Japan, the West or anywhere outside of NeoGAF. I don't really know why though, it seems to have all the right components to make a relatively popular series. I assume people were just put off by the incredibly over the top beginning.

KAMI SAMA HAJIMEMASHITA - 13

Kami-sama%20Hajimemashita%20-%2013.jpg

You DID IT !

The most intresting thing to note in this whole ordeal is that despite the classic highschool girl fears nanami has ( toward love ) she is a pretty great girl..
She realised what she had to do by herself.. No need for a slap , a declaration or a phone call discussion. that alone put nanmi way high in my top 10 of shojo heroines.
Shojo heroines don't have to do everything by themselves ..but actually realising that some things are wrong and just saying .." well better try for real rather than lose everything" is also a plus ... but reaching that conclusion on their own ? PRICELESS !

Gonna get to the manga to see if this trend continues ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KAMI SAMA HAJIMEMASHITA - 13

The most intresting thing to note in this whole ordeal is that despite the classic highschool girl fears nanami has ( toward love ) she is a pretty great girl..
She realised what she had to do by herself.. No need for a slap , a declaration or a phone call discussion. that alone put nanmi way high in my top 10 of shojo heroines.
Shojo heroines don't have to do everything by themselves ..but actually realising that some things are wrong and just saying .." well better try for real rather than lose everything" is also a plus ... but reaching that conclusion on their own ? PRICELESS !

Gonna get to the manga to see if this trend continues ...

You know, even though she needs to be saved a few times, I suppose she has the most agency off the three shoujo heroines this season. lol

cajunator

Banned
Ok, today I begin the journey of K-On 2.
I hope its good.
Will also have time for other things. I have Fantastic Children sitting here on the shelf too.

Westlo

Then why the hell did they not just make more Spice and Wolf?

Probably because the light novels are finished and the point of most anime adaptations is to sell the material it's adapted from.... Anyway even if we got a third season it will still fall well short of the ending...

trejo

Kokoro Connect 14 - half of 15

Fuck this emo garbage.

I should've known better than to try to get back into this stupid overmelodramatic piece of shit of a show filled with stupid overmelodramatic piece of shit characters. I suppose it was my fault for misremembering just exactly how much a turd it became after that amusing first arc.

Disgusting.

Go_Ly_Dow

Ta-da! Here's the 2012 Top 10 Wall of Shame!

1YmXi.png

Based on the 11 seasonal threads from the year. Happy new years!

wow :eek:

Wow, I guess thats what happens when I increase my anime watching each season, I think this year I reached to finally completing 199 anime...Anyway hope most of my posts are quality fanarts, comments, and respectable opinions.

JexUnator ruling the threads though.

DTL's rise in this community is definitely the biggest news from 2012!

Just for you!

DRjGT.png

That's all for graphs. By the way, there's at least 82 people who have over 500 posts.

I may have charted in one of the Fall OT's, but you will never get me in one of these overall things!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kokoro Connect 14 - half of 15

Fuck this emo garbage.

I should've known better than to try to get back into this stupid overmelodramatic piece of shit of a show filled with stupid overmelodramatic piece of shit characters. I suppose it was my fault for misremembering just exactly how much a turd it became after that amusing first arc.

Disgusting.

You might as well watch the ending. lol

Westlo

Huh, so there officially labelling it as a '2nd Season'. I guess that makes Nise something else entirely. Interesting marketing, I suppose because they are going to cover so many books.

It's referring to the light novels, Nisio says...

"Season 1" = Bakemonogatari 1+2, Kizu, Nise 1+2 and Neko Black.

"Season 2" = Neko White + Kabukimonogatari (personally really looking forward to this one, though this will be stupid to watch without having seen Kizu....), Hanamonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari

"Season 3" = Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari.

Zoku is suppose to be the final novel and has the ending...

cajunator

Banned
Really? That doesn't sound very pleasant.

gihhS.gif

Yeah the houses are built to last maybe 20-30 years tops in most cases, and the construction companies dont bother to insulate so the homes are extremely cold in winter. thats why you see those Kotatsus and people wearing heavy clothing indoors and stuff. I could NOT live like that. I want to be all toasty warm in my little cajuncave surrounded by happiness.

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah the houses are built to last maybe 20-30 years tops in most cases, and the construction companies dont bother to insulate so the homes are extremely cold in winter. thats why you see those Kotatsus and people wearing heavy clothing indoors and stuff. I could NOT live like that. I want to be all toasty warm in my little cajuncave surrounded by happiness.

Don't we all!

Theonik

I don't really know why though, it seems to have all the right components to make a relatively popular series. I assume people were just put off by the incredibly over the top beginning.
People have bad taste is all.
These are some impressions I have compiled from another community I follow or at least used to follow many moons ago.
Unnamed Person #1 said:
Code;Breaker was pretty good at the start. Then around episode 7-8ish...it became a chore.
Unnamed Person #1 said:
So, the best part of Code;Boring 11 was the last scene.
ofx360 said:
Literally have been trying to watch Code;Boring for a day and a half now....i got 2 eps finished, 2 more to go...T___T
No one gives a sh*t about effects animation when the actual content is uninteresting.

So there you have it!

/XX/

I fear nothing. although there are a few things I should probably fear based on a couple of bans. Actually though I came from a much more sarcastic and inclusive forum so I was well versed in dealing with internet characters. This forum did not intimidate me at all. I just flung the door open and was like "whats up fuckers :D"
Love you all.
Oh my lively fellow, I love you too! You instill a much happier and nonchalant aura into this community...

Oh my shit <3
At that moment I thought you would find Chihya more adorable, but I see I was wrong... decide now! What would you prefer, to brush a conventional fluffy tail or to brush instead an also fluffy and much OVERLOADED mane? Answer me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom