• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? 2

This may sound weird, but one thing that attracted me to anime in the first place were scenes where a character with no reputation or expectations surrounding them at all completely owns one established in that world as something scary, and the subsequent reactions that come with it. More a trope of shounen than anything else, but it's present here too, and it is glorious.

These people seriously are the best "sent to another world" cast ever. Three super broken jerks that just don't give a shit is exactly what this sub-genre needed.

The ED is super awesome.

Pooya

Everyone suuuuuure loves to discuss the fine nuances of her personality and values. Also, nice symmetrical eye scars, Akane:

MTNzCm4l.jpg

I think you just found the scene where Akane looks worst so far, yep xD

From the New World 16

That farewell felt pretty final, I don't think Saki will meet Maria again, at least not until the end. The main group is down to two, I'm guessing they are going to have to introduce some new characters soon or bring back older ones like Kiroumaru.

Milamber

Hyouka - 01-22 +11.5 END

ibx4PjSMEPHJOf.gif

iv6FWJxgKGpfB.gif

Well, that was a fine mystery. I absolutely loved it. Ending was my only issue as Oreki doesn't have any guts. I really wanted this to continue with a stronger emphasis on the romance aspect. Really, only Clannad and Maison Ikkoku thoroughly satisfies me in that department.

Chu-2 Hyouka 2
8bou0HH.jpg

She going to kill him, isn't she?
Please stop.
Oreki, if you were actually lazy, you'd stop wasting so much effort trying to not waste effort. And please, shut up about just how lazy you are. I think we got it, and I'm sure the characters understand too, considering they've mostly known you since middle school... Just sit back and fantasize about your girlfriend being a dog or something.
Not as good as the first episode, but I like Mayaka as a character so far, though maybe that's because of her attitude towards Oreki. But now I can't help but think what she'd be like if she had more meat on her bones, thanks a lot animegaf!
Chitanda > Mayaka > Oreki's friend >>>>>> Oreki

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Akane's design is a deep commentary on malnutrition in the dystopian future.
I don't really understand why people couldn't just use those hologram costumes/clothes to alter their face. Maybe in the last episode Akane's face will flicker and we'll find out what's under the mask.
It's a puppy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hey, you're quoting normally again.

Serious question. If you are quoting like techno, how do you quote images?

Like this:

"That's because its called Hourou Musuko you baka-gaijins!

wanderingson_zpsda57a1e0.png
"

Awful isn't it? Almost as bad as:

Code:
if(you.dontGiveBracesANewline){
     god.kills(akitten);
}

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't really understand why people couldn't just use those hologram costumes/clothes to alter their face. Maybe in the last episode Akane's face will flicker and we'll find out what's under the mask.
It's a puppy.

That would certainly explain why
she is not good with shotgun
. No opposable thumbs.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
dude.....Extollere there is a LOVELY busty bunnygirl in this show with hair that changes colors. I figured you be on this like crazy!

Hmmm that does look pretty good. But how would I know?? I see a lot of shows that look really tempting. But sometimes I watch them, and they are completely shit (outside of the visual appeal), and I don't like to feel used that like that :(

J..just because you're a cute bunny girl doesn't mean that I'm going to start watching you!! I... you... I'll just... (@)____( •);;

*breathes heavily* huhhhhhgg,, haaahhhhhh....

Milamber

Hmmm that does look pretty good. But how would I know?? I see a lot of shows that look really tempting. But sometimes I watch them, and they are completely shit (outside of the visual appeal), and I don't like to feel used that like that :(

J..just because you're a cute bunny girl doesn't mean that I'm going to start watching you!! I... you... I'll just... (@)____( •);;

*breathes heavily* huhhhhhgg,, haaahhhhhh....
Fuel to flame...

iSmy1TzBQvYNj.gif

Shergal

The weird pandering first ED of Hyouka is the one black mark on the show's classiness.

At least they were wearing classy victorian clothes and not blue-white striped pantsu... if that amounts to anything.

Shin Sekai Yori 16

A lot of exposition and talking, seems to me like
Maria's letter quickly turned into a proxy for the author to talk about how he views his own world

Squealer continues to be creepy and facetious, that's good at least. I can't wait for
The timeskip. Seems like they are still living in the village in twelve years, and things settled down

Also wow at that bit of background animation, totally out of the blue here. I assume that's Miyazawa's cut? Nothing else seemed too interesting, aside from the dream monsters which weren't too animated anyway.

Articalys

Actually, I just remembered that they're making a Chitanda figure based on the first Hyouka ending. Looks like it's due to be released finally next month.

(For what it's worth, I liked both pairs of Hyouka's OPs and EDs, both musically and visually.)

Shakugan no Shana Final 21

Good moments: When the minor characters that suddenly appeared do their thing, smashing down demons like nobody's business.

Bad moments: When the focus is back on the developed characters with their WORDS and not fighting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
EDIT: Nevermind~ Itou just did the ending card. Praise be to goddess Itou.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Zetsuen no Tempest 14:

That new OP certainly makes it clear that, uhh, things are in store. I guess I'll give the new arc the benefit of the doubt for now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Awful isn't it? Almost as bad as:

<pre class="alt2" dir="ltr" style="
margin: 0px;
padding: 6px;
border: 1px inset;
width: 640px;
height: 66px;
text-align: left;
overflow: auto">if(you.dontGiveBracesANewline){
god.kills(akitten);