• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuticle Detective Inaba 3

6GRdNb5.jpg

da7aMhB.jpg

tx7e2T3.jpg

This show has a cowardly dog-girl.

Kagami

It's not really that bad - I actually enjoyed it a lot! I need to watch the last few BD released episodes though. Of course, it's not like the show was embarrassing because I already have no shame, but Kirino did test my patience several times. I don't get off on pure tsun girls, so when she wasn't busy diddling herself to imouto eroge I felt like strangling her.
This a reasonably accurate description of my experience with OreImo.
But I must admit Kirino and her short shorts can be sexy as hell, and she had lots of grin-worthy scenes like arguing with Kuroneko, playing eroge, and rolling around with the body pillow.

Lain

Problematic children from another world 1-2

Pretty funny show so far that seems poised to become something great, thanks to the inclusion of Satomi Arai!
I like the overpowered characters that start out kicking asses and the main cast so far seems really likable too.
The setting feels like a mix between fantasy and a videogame.
The ED is something quite special.

wonzo

Banned
Chihayafuru S2 2

chihayas22.jpg

So far so good! I'm sure it'll all go south as soon as they start focusing more on the shitty card game. The second verse version of the game sounds far more interesting imo.

Jarmel

Banned
Psycho-Pass 13-

I see where this is going and I approve. Kogami is getting the axe at some point. As for the other stuff
As for the big twist, I see that coming a mile off but it still put a smile on my face. As for Shougo, I suspect that he's the son of that head-female which would explain the -kun and physical similarities. It would also tie more into the whole "Capture him alive" order. I think the big showdown though is going to be between Shougo and Akane in that they both have the same disorder, which isn't so much some bullshit Criminal whatever term they used in the show, but rather both Shougo and Akane are sociopaths.

Narag

I like dead eyes moe as well so feel free to post any screen caps you like.

I shall keep that in mind!

Haha, I think it was this episode that had the longest fall ever.
When Usagi is trying to get to Chibiusa, or has her, and the floors of the building in behind go by so fast. Obviously it's trying to convey a sense of speed but it seems like 200 floors go by after all that time. The camera then moves out and apparently they've only fallen part way down the building. It just seemed like they were falling forever. I can remember thinking "just how tall are those buildings anyway" when watching the episode.

Yeah, they hit he building a little too quickly but the drama was there even if it was the world's tallest building! I think I got caught up in it all after Nehellenia went back into the new moon in her mirror, there's that brief zoom out from it, a sound effect briefly in the background then Chibiusa zooming past the screen as a reminder things weren't over yet.

Narag

Code Geass 1 Yeaaaaah. Uuuum. I don't think this show is for me. Maybe it's cool and all but grim-dark, anorexic, nationalistic Golbez-Wannabes just aren't doing it for me. I'm sure it's a really special show and really cool but . . . it's not for me.

It starts off a little hardcore then it's all school and pizzabutt and fabulous before long.

Narag

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 3

That was kind of nice. Female Knight seems to be a welcome additiion and I think the main two are finally hitting a stride where they're fun to watch.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I really need to catch up on my Anime. I see they made TWO new Slayers series after TRY?

Uhh...they're probably not any good, are they?

Technically those two seasons are just a single season split in two, so combined they're the length of a traditional season of Slayers. And no, they're not really any good, sadly.

Hyouka - 01-22 +11.5 END

ibx4PjSMEPHJOf.gif

iv6FWJxgKGpfB.gif

Well, that was a fine mystery. I absolutely loved it. Ending was my only issue as Oreki doesn't have any guts. I really wanted this to continue with a stronger emphasis on the romance aspect. Really, only Clannad and Maison Ikkoku thoroughly satisfies me in that department.

Godai is a total penis though! The classic undependable male lead :( Though I do agree with you... few series really carry romance to a satisfying conclusion.

Narag

Story

-- One day when I woke up, my girlfriend had turned into an alpaca!!

The main character, Saeki Kazuma, had a wonderful school life surrounded by many friends and his girlfriend.

One day at this time, in the bus on the way back from "Alpaca Kingdom" with his girlfriend, Izumi Yukari,
he just woke up and found that there was some lovely thing next to him...

" What a .....!!!!!????"

Instead of Yukari sitting next to his bus seat was a fluffy alpaca.

" What's the matter Kazuma?? You shouted all of a sudden..."

The alpaca looking at Kazuma with wondering eyes talked exactly like his girlfriend Yukari.

And this is how his summer with alpaca begins.

lmao

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I am seriously considering purchasing this. I think it's because it's almost 5AM here, but I laughed through the entire trailer.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
backlog season BEGIN (sort of)

Sailor Moon SuperS 128: I actually watched this a few months ago.

And somehow, for which I have no clue whatsoever, I accidentally watched 133 and 134 instead of 129 and 130 tonight. I was kind of wondering why Usagi had a new power-up without any discernible fanfare.

Sailor Moon SuperS 133:

Well, mascot NTR is certainly a new one for me. I still can't get over the fact after watching this that Luna and Narag have their very own own Chibiusa now. Plushie sales declining? Also, Minako's rage was a thing of beauty. Poor Narag digging the hole deeper every time he opens his mouth.

I'm really digging the animation boost, and I love the battle theme. Everything is so energetic. Shame on this episode for showing the girls feeding stuff to the cats that would kill them in real life, though!

Also, my new avatar came from this episode! Chibiusa's fears of a spinster future watching magical girl shows alone with her cats is basically my life :lol

Sailor Moon SuperS 134:

So 90s Hanekawa Tsubasa is Juban's Christopher Paolini, huh. (well, I guess the comparison only holds if her books are awful, but if Usagi finds them entertaining...) This episode had Makoto in a sweater, so it was good by default.

wonzo

Banned
Vividred Operation 2

vividred2.jpg

First 1/3 was pretty bad but once the action started it was actually pretty enjoyable, especially the "docking". I kinda doubt it'll be able to keep it up though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 02

The freaking fanwank article about Japanese divinities was right? FUCK YOU SHAFT

This show teeters the line between Good Shaft and Bad Shaft every other minute. But it's mostly a bad, incohent mess of a cartoon with ugly backgrounds and art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom