• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

You don't consider the subtitled import releases to be Aniplex USA titles?

I don't see it as significantly different than other Japanese BDs with English subtitles on them, like say Code Geass Akito coming out later this month.

We could describe it in various ways, but at a practical level it's just shipping a hundred copies of the Japanese release to a foreign store to drum up a little more attention to the idea of buying Japanese releases beyond the people who have already been importing from Amazon and such.

It's slightly different from normal importing in that Aniplex themselves is actively supporting it and putting ads up temporarily on ANN, etc., but it seems strange to single it out it as having "received an insane price" when it's the same kind of price that all Japanese releases get.
Fate/Zero went on sale at Righstuf the same time it went on sale in Japan. Obviously they're not going to undercut their Japanese release during the same release timeframe. So the alternative could never have been a lower price. The only alternative would be to not ship it to Rightstuf at all (like every other Japanese release).

It'll probably get a lower-price region 1 DVD set later like Garden of Sinners did.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just do it Jintor. And remember, if you ever get the urge to quit think of me, and my guiding light. Oreimo has no redeeming qualities, so just enjoy it and try not to think too much about your feels. Focus on Kuroneko and everything will be alright.

Also, it really helps to get drunk. But I say that for everything.

I'll back that sentiment up.

What about the Hot Springs scene?

Nothin' but class. Dat neck nape hnng!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
*reads up on libel laws*
Jokes on you, I've got phisheep on my side.

Oh man, how could I forget that I am one of the tomatoes?
Because you live in the city of Amnesia.

I don't know how I missed this news earlier. To commemorate 10,000 followers on the show's Twitter account, the official Kill Me Baby website has created a set of new Twitter avatar icons. What makes this special is the number of icons they decided to make: one for each of the first volume's 686 Blu-ray sales.
See. This is a show that cares about the people.

I'm sure they're glad it sold so low now.
Fuck you.

686 too many imo
Fuck you.

Granted, I haven't watched the episode yet but I'd say the longer they put off the karuta aspect of the show the better.

coNMrR0.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Sasami-san@Ganbarana 2

sasami2.jpg

YEah this was definitely way better than the first episode. Hopefully they can keep it up!

Pretend ednortonlaptop.gif is here as a placeholder until I check the seedier side of the net. tia
If it helps, there might be a BL route with the guys "master".

pacaplus4.jpg

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS Movie

0LzL0fDl.png

Best girl even when a child.

eSpIZngl.jpg

Usagi being Usagi.

ZFWqNWDl.png

Dead eye moe for all the dead eye moe fans.

This is such a strange beast. It'd be ok in a vacuum but the emphasis on (Sailor Moon SuperS TV spoilers)
a whie haired kid that evoked a notion of Helios given Chibiusa's initial reaction, the brief presence of child Usagi, touching upon children & their dreams, an incapacitated Mamoru, the general aesthetic of the villains being reminiscent of the Dead Moon Circus between design and existing as transformed animals, dual nature of main antagonist, and the whole growing up theme
left this feeling sort of copycat of the TV series proper. Hell, (Sailor Moon S TV spoiler)
jumping into the black hole reminded me of the Pharaoh 90 stuff in S

That said, it had some damn pretty animtaion, the arrrival of the calvary was awesome, and good lord at that godly Tuxedo Mask theme. That leitmotif is better than ever and if I heard that version in a game or something where he showed up to save me, I'd lose it. <3 The soft start and how the music kicks up was so good.

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? 2

These people seriously are the best "sent to another world" cast ever. Three super broken jerks that just don't give a shit is exactly what this sub-genre needed.

The ED is super awesome.

i haven't seen ep 2 yet but i sure agree.it was time to change the rules in the "sent to another world "sub-genre.

Hopefully ep2 is as good as i think it is by your reactions

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is no question of the obvious yuri that was in the second episode of Tamako Market. Anyone saying otherwise needs their vision checked and a punch to their throat.
When did the way of the yuri become so violent? :(

Viz revealed they are bringing Accel World to Neon Alley

but why they spell it excel world...
They're stealing my terrible jokes. Hopefully they stay away from Access World, Word World and Outlook Word. They can have Frontpage World as no one uses that.

Is someone gonna go? Formulate questions guys!
How many versions of "Why are you such a shit?" do you want?

I suppose you could ask him what two years of spunk looks like.

oh boy, tumblr gifs. Do you really want to actively encourage the "reverse DTL" thing, SDBro?!
Is there a tutorial on how to make tumblr gifs. I want to learn from the masters.

Man there are going to be hundreds of Kirito cosplays at that event.

Kayos get in there.
I saw a Kirito cosplayer once. Was almost tempted to go up to him and congratulate him on escaping SAO (this was before the first arc was over). Since there was no Asuna I was going to joke that she didn't make it. Funny that that joke ended up actually having some truth to it.

Of course I don't have the balls to embarrass myself and some else like that. It's not in my nature.

watch this sell like hotcakes
Yeah, I wouldn't pay over £30 for that. I'm not the market they want.

I like this piece a lot better here than it does when it has the background with the other girls, um, dead...
Only problem I have is that all I see if a reaction image from /a/ that has lost its way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have literally no clue what you just said.
I must be getting on a similar wavelength as novid because I actually understood his message.

I'm trying to imagine what AnimeGAF would look like if we all had animated gif as avatars again.

I thought Tamako Market's OP hints the yuri love pretty well...
He he he.

Hyouka - 01-22 +11.5 END

iv6FWJxgKGpfB.gif
During my weird travels of fanart yesterday I did come across this.
nUoRx5c.gif

duckroll

From the New World - Episode 16

H5eWdvx.jpg

:sdburton to the max!

That was pretty good. It was a bit weird because it was part recap, part music video, part :sdburton-fantasy-land, and part epilogue to the current arc. It came together pretty well though. The entire second arc of the series has been pretty great, with only one mediocre episode in the batch. A huge step up from the first arc. Hopefully they can build on the momentum to a solid climax for the story.

cajunator

Banned
I guess I should include the guy too....

iU9fibQ6JG7JL.gif

God....so....CUTE.

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? 2

This may sound weird, but one thing that attracted me to anime in the first place were scenes where a character with no reputation or expectations surrounding them at all completely owns one established in that world as something scary, and the subsequent reactions that come with it. More a trope of shounen than anything else, but it's present here too, and it is glorious.

These people seriously are the best "sent to another world" cast ever. Three super broken jerks that just don't give a shit is exactly what this sub-genre needed.

The ED is super awesome.

I agree. Very interesting cast. Not pushovers. they are arrogant and do not put up with any shit from the start. Izayoi just dont give a fuuuucccckkkkkk!

Chu-2 Hyouka 2

Please stop.
Oreki, if you were actually lazy, you'd stop wasting so much effort trying to not waste effort. And please, shut up about just how lazy you are. I think we got it, and I'm sure the characters understand too, considering they've mostly known you since middle school... Just sit back and fantasize about your girlfriend being a dog or something.
Not as good as the first episode, but I like Mayaka as a character so far, though maybe that's because of her attitude towards Oreki. But now I can't help but think what she'd be like if she had more meat on her bones, thanks a lot animegaf!
Chitanda > Mayaka > Oreki's friend >>>>>> Oreki

The show does get quite a bit more fun later on. ALso Chitanda gets drunk on chocolate. That was kind of adorable.

Hmmm that does look pretty good. But how would I know?? I see a lot of shows that look really tempting. But sometimes I watch them, and they are completely shit (outside of the visual appeal), and I don't like to feel used that like that :(

J..just because you're a cute bunny girl doesn't mean that I'm going to start watching you!! I... you... I'll just... (@)____( •);;

*breathes heavily* huhhhhhgg,, haaahhhhhh....

Oh, we KNOW you cant resist watching the show now :D
But its not a bad show at all. Just dont fap too hard and break something.
That is one stupidly cute bunny girl in that show though.

Fuel to flame...

iSmy1TzBQvYNj.gif

Now you're just being mean to him :(

Actually, I just remembered that they're making a Chitanda figure based on the first Hyouka ending. Looks like it's due to be released finally next month.

(For what it's worth, I liked both pairs of Hyouka's OPs and EDs, both musically and visually.)

The first ED was so classy. Really great work.

The way her hair changes color is like the way a powerful orgasm sends shockwaves through the body! :D

Alright, I'll watch it.

hahaha. Yeah her hair seems to change when she's embarrassed or surprised or something.

A North American release of Fate/Zero hasn't been announced yet.

Well it has but not in the traditional sense. In the "let's get 800 bucks from Cajun because he's insane" sense they succeeded.

Well now...this...uhmmm....
I don't know what to say. I'll just go with it.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 02

The freaking fanwank article about Japanese divinities was right? FUCK YOU SHAFT

This show teeters the line between Good Shaft and Bad Shaft every other minute. But it's mostly a bad, incohent mess of a cartoon with ugly backgrounds and art.

Indeed this is Shaft at their shaftiest and all that bullshit about gods/goddess theory turns out to be the case. Its a a fun direction to go.

Love Live! - 1

Got bored, so instead of working on my backlog I spontaneously decided to watch this. Don't think I'll continue it but fuck I actually like the song in the middle of episode.

Haganai NEXT -2

In no other medium will I ever see a nun fart.

I have, however, seen a nun say FUCK.

I don't see it as significantly different than other Japanese BDs with English subtitles on them, like say Code Geass Akito coming out later this month.

We could describe it in various ways, but at a practical level it's just shipping a hundred copies of the Japanese release to a foreign store to drum up a little more attention to the idea of buying Japanese releases beyond the people who have already been importing from Amazon and such.

It's slightly different from normal importing in that Aniplex themselves is actively supporting it and putting ads up temporarily on ANN, etc., but it seems strange to single it out it as having "received an insane price" when it's the same kind of price that all Japanese releases get.
Fate/Zero went on sale at Righstuf the same time it went on sale in Japan. Obviously they're not going to undercut their Japanese release during the same release timeframe. So the alternative could never have been a lower price. The only alternative would be to not ship it to Rightstuf at all (like every other Japanese release).

It'll probably get a lower-price region 1 DVD set later like Garden of Sinners did.

Fate Zero deserves a cheaper blu ray release and nothing less. DVD cannot do justice to that show. Its too gorgeous.

tumblr_mguuhzOLOq1rlpuyvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mguuhzOLOq1rlpuyvo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mguuhzOLOq1rlpuyvo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mguuhzOLOq1rlpuyvo4_500.jpg

tumblr_mguuhzOLOq1rlpuyvo5_500.jpg

Panzer vor!

Itasha for the ages right there. So those are vinyl wraps, right?

I must be getting on a similar wavelength as novid because I actually understood his message.

I'm trying to imagine what AnimeGAF would look like if we all had animated gif as avatars again.

He he he.

During my weird travels of fanart yesterday I did come across this.
nUoRx5c.gif

OH......hnnnnnngh! Chitanda's best form.

duckroll

Psycho-Pass - Episode 13

That was a pretty good episode. The art is still pretty terrible, but I'm sure that's never going to change. The writing has certainly gotten better, or at the very least more interesting. I like the character interactions since episode 9 a lot more. It feel more natural and less forced than it was earlier in the series. It's also more interesting when they put more focus on the impact of the system on society, and how it relates to the characters, rather than having dumb cases like the high school one.

I have a few pet theories about the true nature of the system I've been discussing with sonicmj1 on IRC, and it'll be interesting to see if any of that pans out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chihayafuru 2: Electric Boogaloo 01
Best girl is back.

This is the prettiest throwing money into the garbage dump has ever looked. I don't deserve you, Madhouse. I will forever remember how you eschewed all financial logic for the sake of giving me more Chihayafuru. R.I.P. Madhouse

cajunator

Banned
Mondaiji 02

As I said before, the three characters transported to the world are arrogant and confident and totally don't give a fuck. They take on obstacles with an air of superiority and follow through with it. This is hot blooded shounen at its best, with the addition of Cuteness and bunnygirls. In short this show is miraculous. The bunnygirl drew me into it, but the show delivers a lot of fun in addition to that. It will be awesome seeing how much crazy shit will be thrown at the heroes. In this episode Kasukabe
rides a griffin
. Yeah she's just a badass like that. Eventually they'll encounter something they can't quite handle, I'm sure and the end of the episode seems to be cooking up something very powerful.
Oh and that......THAT ED. OH MY GLORIOUS HEAVENS.

Fairy Tail 165
tumblr_mgvhnaEyG31qeycmfo1_500.jpg

The preview for last episode had me all hyped for this episode but it was just talking and stuff and not getting all fired up until the ED song played. Next episode will be awesome. At least there Gray Fullbuster in this episode and some good Sting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd have to set up CCTV cameras at all angles where ever I parked it to deter people from keying it, because keying those faces would be a criminal offence. :mad:

fertygo

Shin Sekai Yori

Its only me that feel awkward they try to pull
Suikoden II plot to Maria and Saki?

Yeah I know they hugging, making out and all that but I never feel the show really establish they were that close, Mamoru and the banished dude that always have Saki's attention
so this feel awkward and not smooth to me.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 3
tumblr_mgvehsUpbH1rwfrnlo1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mgvehsUpbH1rwfrnlo2_250.gif

Couldnt stop laughing the whole time, just so many good parts the first half with the passing of the chocolate, then my otp becoming canon. The action scene was so well done and good, hope they throw in more. Second one with Stella was not bad at all, I loved the cake dance the most and more Ogata/Inaba moments are needed. Definitely my favorite of the season at three episodes and Hakkenden second favorite.

The Inaba illustrations by the artist of Kimi to Boku and Kuroshitsuji are good.

Narag

Arashi no Yoru ni 5

Two swallows are pressured by the success of their songs and threaten to reveal the secret of Mei & Gabu's illicit affair for the sake of their careers. I sort of feel sorry for Gabu. Dude is super insecure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom