• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Humanity Has Declined 5-6

iHhOeTosrE2Mg.gif

Oh look. Its me after work. Cant even make it to my bed.

Headphones are awesome.

:geneijin

DiGiKerot

So precure never ends... fuck me.

Yeah, but there's about a 50/50 chance of any given Precure season being terrible, so after Smile was predominantly great, there's a pretty good chance that Doki Doki is going to be too bad to be worth saturating the thread over.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm having a hard time figuring out if Branduil's impressions are positive or negative.

They're so ambiguous!

Thoraxes

I never found anything in the span of episodes 3-8 to be bad (well, episode six maybe), just that those episodes couldn't live up to the really high standards set by the first two. Jinrui can be really intelligent and biting when it wants to be, and I didn't like the diversion away from dark social commentary into otaku meta-humor, the bad action and awkward world-building of the P-on stuff, and the infamous
use of two episodes for a single pun
. The premise of the show was too ripe for exploration and novel to ever not be at the center of events, and I think I could forgive that stretch of episodes more if it had been a two-cour series with room for some unconventional breather episodes.

The shift in focus was really just the difference between AotY and top ten contender for me, not good and bad. Jinrui's still great.

I have a weird obsession with material dealing with decadence (and I mean it more like i'm talking about the Pernerstorfer Circle in early 1900's Germany). It's why I loved the P-on episodes despite them probably being the most lacking compared to "normal" Jinrui just because of the
actual connection to our real-life present day humanity. I also just happen to love time-loops and meta-commentary too regardless of what it's on (because then it's like a dialogue with the writer at that point), so it was like a bunch of stuff I love all in one go.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This was great! It was entertaining, humorous and had animation to go around! For a contained twenty-four plus minutes, it's more than I could have asked for in the genre. I do have two minor gripes, however. First, hot pink papilla mammaria
or "nipples"
do not work well on tan characters, like Ryou. Second, I don't like Ryou as much as Karen (neither are bursting with character mind you. It's more of a design perspective), but she makes up for it with rocket launchers and impressive driving skills!

It's hard to top Caron if I do say so myself (and I do)! I'm glad you enjoyed those.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 41

Death to Eureka's children, thank you cruel Mecha God for restoring her eyebrows.

What I'm left wondering after this episode, though, is Anemone's role. The show makes a big deal about how Eureka is like Sakuya, and the second Sakuya, etc, etc, but what about Anemone? She's obviously like Eureka and Sakuya, but the show does not accord her the same status. So what was
The Coralian's point in making her?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eureka Seven 41

Death to Eureka's children, thank you cruel Mecha God for restoring her eyebrows.

What I'm left wondering after this episode, though, is Anemone's role. The show makes a big deal about how Eureka is like Sakuya, and the second Sakuya, etc, etc, but what about Anemone? She's obviously like Eureka and Sakuya, but the show does not accord her the same status. So what was
The Coralian's point in making her?

You'll find that out soon. Just keep watching.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, but there's about a 50/50 chance of any given Precure season being terrible, so after Smile was predominantly great, there's a pretty good chance that Doki Doki is going to be too bad to be worth saturating the thread over.
Why do people insist on passing judgement on a show that hasn't aired yet?

Narag

Diebuster 3

omg
when dix-neuf threw the cape off, i lost it :lol
and again when the quatre vingt dix woke up

Saprol

Hyouka 03-07

Uncle
got shafted by his peers. What the hell.
I found it odd
the teacher opted for lower case when he's looking at upper case letters on the classroom signs.
Also glorious fantasizing but Chet recently went over this episode so I'll just settle for two.

Humanity Has Declined 9

I can't figure out what that GIF is conveying.

kayos90

You know what to do now. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Start a precure marathon and start ranking all the girls again? Add like 6000 posts like previously?

P.S. Fuck yall and your subliminal idolmaster bullshit!

P.S.2. Idolmaster was great.

kayos90

You're complaining about this thread's best chance to reach Okeanos? It's like I don't even know you anymore.

You know I wasn't being serious with that post, right? lol

Anyway, you haven't been posting all that much recently. I'm trying to help as much as I can getting us to Okeanos. People are slowing down though!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So you say...

Wait, the guy who pushed half the thread through the Sailor Moon gauntlet doubts my perspective on this?

Anyway, you haven't been posting all that much recently. I'm trying to help as much as I can getting us to Okeanos. People are slowing down though!

It's not like you to backpedal, kayos. We love you for your innocent honesty.

I had a bad spell that I'm coming off of, but I intend to make up for it and then some if I stay well. I've tripled or quadrupled my post count in the thread in two days!

Narag

I haven't been feeling well so haven't really watched anything. I can only post so much!

Amnesia 4
tumblr_mhf926v2Ti1r1xo14o1_500.gif
tumblr_mhf926v2Ti1r1xo14o2_r1_500.gif

Cried or had watery eyes for Shin, having amnesia seemed way more pinful and intense for him, especially when he gave that message on how hes been trying and
wanting to be more than childhood friends, all the time he invested to the relationship and everything, gone in a mere night. At least it tied back to the cliff, but that time reset...

I like Ikki's spade in his hair. Hope Tomas is as long as Shins. At least Ikki delivers my favorite ltype of dialogues in these anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom