• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

zeU8iIjl.jpg

That part of the OP stuck out to me initially too and I can't get over how cool it is. It's pretty simply animated with just the rising Buster Machine, some smoke or steam, and the flashing lights but I guess it's the composition of the visual elements? Gainax pose, planetary backdrop, wings spanning the screen, what looks like a cape, and the alternating circular pattern of the lights just works for me.

Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah

grooooovin' magic~ ♪

cajunator

Banned
OK, 2 hours left until AOTY voting closes, and I'm down to one last thing:

K-On! - The Movie

Run time: 1 hour, 49 minutes

Let's do this.

Just pre-emptively vote for it. Its worthy!

There's a rumor on 2ch that the Accel World OVA included with the second PS3/PSP game which is out tomorrow contains a teaser announcing a second season. I wonder if it's true...
There better be more Sky Raker.

Jex

There's a rumor on 2ch that the Accel World OVA included with the second PS3/PSP game which is out tomorrow contains a teaser announcing a second season. I wonder if it's true...

I hope so. I'd welcome a second season with, er, open arms. For the action scenes.

Steroyd

Space Bros 42

I know Hibito won't die, but it really would have been quite powerful to have him not survive. The music playing as he walked away from Damian was excellent.

Normally I would hold the same view as you, but it would have been detrimental to what's been built up with Brian, it's only right thematically that the legacy of Brian is what saves Hibito, and ultimately allows the first two brothers into space at the same time.

Or at least that's how I view things.

jgminto

I'm betting either Jojo's or Hyouka will take the no. 1. I haven't seen Hyouka but I have seen a lot of discussion about it. Jojo's got a lot of single show voters behind it which could put it over the edge.

Branduil

Waiting until the last minute builds anticipation and hype and means my list will be read by more people. I can't just post an empty list now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Waiting until the last minute builds anticipation and hype and means my list will be read by more people. I can't just post an empty list now.

Articalys is going to be so tired of tallying that by the time he comes to your post he'll have already filled the top ten results post with quotes from earlier posters. Plan backfire?

Soul Eater 32

yv36T47.gif

Well then, my legend began in the 12th century.

Was it on a midsummer day with a scorching sun?

No, it all happened on a chilly fall day.

I was a delinquent back then, and...Wait, it may already had been winter.

^^Excalibur episodes are awesome.

Gintama - 28

Norio Wakamoto delivered, please tell me he'll come back in another episode.
As a Hajime no Ippo fan I loved the Dempsey Roll.
Everyone are assasins, I'm an assasin too.
Elizabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth.

That part of the OP stuck out to me initially too and I can't get over how cool it is. It's pretty simply animated with just the rising Buster Machine, some smoke or steam, and the flashing lights but I guess it's the composition of the visual elements? Gainax pose, planetary backdrop, wings spanning the screen, what looks like a cape, and the alternating circular pattern of the lights just works for me.

IIRC, Diebuster is actually what started the Gainax pose. That means it's partially responsible for Gurren Lagann.

Kagami

K-On! Movie

Damn that was beautiful.

There is some possibility that voting AOTY immediately after finishing this movie may have influenced my ranking somewhat, haha.
But man, that was so perfect in every way. Made me cry as much if not more so than the actual ending to the TV series.
One could say it cheated by calling back to the end of the second season so much, but I'll take this kind of cheating any day. In fact I'd say it's one of the ideal forms for a movie based on a TV series to take.

AND IT'S SO PRETTY!!

cajunator

Banned
K-On! Movie

Damn that was beautiful.

There is some possibility that voting AOTY immediately after finishing this movie may have influenced my ranking somewhat, haha.
But man, that was so perfect in every way. Made me cry as much if not more so than the actual ending to the TV series.
One could say it cheated by calling back to the end of the second season so much, but I'll take this kind of cheating any day. In fact I'd say it's one of the ideal forms for a movie based on a TV series to take.

AND IT'S SO PRETTY!!
You Should have just given it a spot beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom