• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Berserk TV - 10

Goddamn that was intense, Griffith you magnificent bastard.

KjzkBou.jpg

EttP00O.jpg

Poor Gutts.. thinking he all nakama with Griff

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Okay, the secret second poll has been taken. Here is AnimeGAF (not NeoGAF's) 2012 Anime of the Year list:

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 276
5. Girls und Panzer - 214
6. Kids on the Slope - 179
7. (tie) Humanity Has Declined, Shinsekai Yori - 168
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

My only criteria is that I recognize you as someone who's posted in the thread. That probably means that results aren't accurate, but probably close enough that the results wouldn't be affected.

wonzo

Banned
Okay, the secret second poll has been taken. Here is AnimeGAF (not NeoGAF's) 2012 Anime of the Year list:

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

My only criteria is that I recognize you as someone who's posted in the thread. That probably means that results aren't accurate, but probably close enough that the results wouldn't be affected.
polarbear23cr.jpg

Polar Bear Cafe better win the 2013 AnimeGAF AOTY or I'm gonna be beary mad.

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

Didnt realize I was that out of touch with the community here, only tsuritama was on mine :/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

I'm ok with this.

There's a rumor on 2ch that the Accel World OVA included with the second PS3/PSP game which is out tomorrow contains a teaser announcing a second season. I wonder if it's true...
I hope this is true I dislike false rumours. I cant wait to see how much deeper it gets with the incarnation system and powerups taku could get haru too, as well as if mintjam and onoken return for musics. And altima for an op or ed. Hopefully another bus scene too.

Gintama - 25

This episode was awesome. WOW. The meta talk at the begining and then they made me expect a flashback and I was like "Meh, re-cap episode"...
The battle to be Nabe-Shogun, and then the battle to be Nabeleon.
The first of the legendary episodes with this gintama trully starts ( for you )!
Smile Precure END

I don't think I've ever seen that much crying in one episode of anime before. I'm surprised Pierrot didn't start.
Seriously 3 lenghty crying scenes...in 24 episodes.
Humanity Has Declined 11-12

isiRmAKn0thP8.gif

You weren't expecting this , were you ?

Now go watch the specials !

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

Can't say I'm disappointed in the results. Nekomono and Joshiraku were probably never gonna make it. Glad to see
SAO
nowhere on the list. Also, I love that Humanity has declined has made it to the top ten.

K-On! Movie

Damn that was beautiful.

There is some possibility that voting AOTY immediately after finishing this movie may have influenced my ranking somewhat, haha.
But man, that was so perfect in every way. Made me cry as much if not more so than the actual ending to the TV series.
One could say it cheated by calling back to the end of the second season so much, but I'll take this kind of cheating any day. In fact I'd say it's one of the ideal forms for a movie based on a TV series to take.

AND IT'S SO PRETTY!!
I absolutely loved the movie. Definitely my favorite thing I watched last year. The fact that it looked so good was just icing on the cake.

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

I'm disappointed in you guys.

So I take it
Jojo
wins overall?

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 4

iMBKu5eCR4rbi.jpg

This was a disturbing end to a disturbing scene. The weird perspective mismatch creates a lot of tension just on its own.

Damn, this show is dense. In a good way. I wound up rewatching a few scenes. The mystery is still swirling pretty intensely. I'm starting to find some ways to put the symbolism into focus.

iy3zbY0EzPgKi.jpg

No matter what happens in this scene, nobody ever crosses to Sekiguchi's side of the table. He's always the only one in the light of the window, and the line of the shadow divides him from everyone else in the room.

Dolls. Boxes. Severed arms and legs. Spotlights. Shadows. I think a running theme (at least in this episode) has to do with a loss of agency and control, perhaps in exchange for the preservation of the eternal. Or perhaps not. Either way, many of them mark a transition from "life" to "object". Perhaps I'm just babbling.

iC3BPNZt7OIiE.jpg

The dancer in this scene caught my attention. The way a lot of the scene was set, she seemed trapped by the spotlight. There was one cut in particular that gave me that impression. Are dancers and performers also like dolls? Given that Kanako's sister was (is?) an actress, we might come back to it.

Detective Kiba remains the most interesting character, I think. I'm glad the show raised more ties to the past of the war. I wonder how they'll handle some of that stuff.
Having a doctor in Manchuria that conducted experiments to create an "immortal soldier" could lead all kinds of places, and I hope they push it somewhere that would make their audience uncomfortable.

ipob8odCaguTM.jpg

There's no way that the similarity between the soldiers of Kiba's delusion and the empty doll limbs of before is coincidental. And I think that's highlighted pretty clearly when he calls the tank a Kasha.

Besides what feels like pretty firm evidence for one of Brazil's earlier assumptions, there isn't much advancement on the mystery, even if a potentially large element got revealed early in the episode. The answers in this show probably matter less than what they represent. I get the feeling the gloved man will remain an enigma for a long time.

Once again, I look forward to watching more.

Theonik

Angel's Egg
This was a fairly interesting visual experience if nothing else, there didn't seem to be much in the way of conventional storytelling, then again I didn't expect anything of the sort, worth looking into at the very list if you are a fan of Amano's designs or are interested in that sort of thing. (and I'm quite unsure what this sort of thing is, toodeepforme.jpg etc)

Lain

Looks like Psycho-Pass has been licensed in Italy.
If I'm extra lucky, it'll be available on BRD too like Penguindrum (and unlike Dennou Coil =((( ).

Vampires are nonhuman.

Arent vampires a special case, I mean they were originally humans. Dio is pretty human to me.

But you like Digimon adventures

The digidestined were honestly the main attraction in that and honestly the reason why I liked it, the character designs and interactions really stood out and made for the more memorable moments and they were relatable. The digimon themselves didnt really every show development or anything and the best digimon designs were like Angemon.

BluWacky

More notable is how the Penguinbear website now has a picture of the magazine that the manga will be running in, but who knows...

The website says, I believe, that there are "new developments" for Pingdrum in Comic Birz. I guess that's their way of being cryptic about the manga starting up.

I have to believe there's an anime coming out of this. Why else would there be so many shots of storyboards? I recognise a few of the location shots from the anime - I think I can see the fans from on top of the hospital (?), and aren't those stairs near where Himari and Ringo first meet with the curry and the skunk in episode 4?

I really wish they'd announce a date for the UK Blurays :(

1. Hyouka - 448
2. Fate/Zero S2 - 395
3. Tsuritama - 317
9. Space Brothers - 165
10. K-On Movie - 155

1DMbJ1U.jpg

Now just to see what the unwashed masses have let slip through.

Gintama - 34~35

3Kj28lK.png

For cajun

DenshaOtokoSamurai, It was awesome, drunken Matsudaira(
Norio Wakamoto
) on a train.
Fruits Punch Samurai-san:
Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro
Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro Seppuku shiro.
And finally it's time for the MAN Shinpachi.
No OP
for 35 and
it goes so fast just 8 minutes of episode a there's the OP.
Norio Wakamoto first time at the amusement park.This was funny as hell.

Defuser

Hyouka is garbage. Chuunibyo was much better.

/ ̄ ̄\
                       ノ  ヽ、   \
                  ( ●)( ●)   |
                  (__人__)      |
                 ヽ`⌒ ´     |
                   {        |
                  {          /
        _( ̄(⌒( `ヽ/⌒ヽ         /
       (_/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄V⌒)        \
       /  ─    ─\^           |
     /    (●)  (●) \         |
     |       (__人__)    | ___________
     \      ` ⌒´   ,/ | |             |
___/           \ | |             |
| | /    ,                | |             |
| | /   ./             | |             |
| | | ⌒ ーnnn          |_|___________|
 ̄ \__、("二) ̄ ̄ ̄l二二l二二  _|_|__|_

/ ̄ ̄\
                /   _ノ  \
                |    ( ●)(●)
                   |     (__人__)
                 |     ` ⌒´ノ
                    |        }
                 ヽ         }
             \ /⌒      /
              \   ゞ        /
               \丶          \
           \/  、\    ’、
           \ (  \ヾ 、′・”        ’、
            \\  , -─´⌒ヽ ’).    .;_ _ ”  ’、
       _ ,. -‐\ ./ ( _i _i_ト、__)’、 .(;;ノ;; (′‘ ・\ ’、′”;
____/     ,/ .’、′・  ( (´;^`⌒)∴⌒`.ヘ /  ” ;  ’、′
| |   /   ,    /   、 ’、 ’・ 、´⌒,;y' ⌒ ;);;;;;ノ、./"'人      ヽ
| |  ,/   /    |:::..     、(⌒ ;;;:;´'从 ;'   ;:;;) ;;  ,,)/⌒ ;; :) )、   ヽ
| |  | ⌒ nnn  \:::::::.....,.从人( ´;`ヾ,;⌒)´  从⌒ ;) `⌒ )⌒:`.・ ヽ
 ̄  \_、("二).W.V l二二l二二:::、  .,ノ  ...;:;_)|_..::ノ  ソ ...::ノ

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DTL ignoring all the counter arguments on the previous page...

Perhaps because I posted a checkmate.

/checkmate

Kazzy

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 3

This is quickly becoming an elaborate house of cards, isn't it? I know it's going to go badly, but my morbid curiosity keeps me guessing as to how spectacularly it will all come crashing down. The narrative I mean, my own personal enjoyment is still very much intact!

Shinji, why is that I find you so inherently unlikeable? Admittedly, his reasons for being despondent are understandable (having basically been conscripted to pilot a gigantic death-machine), though he goes about it in such a maudlin way, I still found difficult to sympathize. Which extends to the closing moments of the battle, though it's clear to see why he breaks at this point, it's still pretty dumb when you consider the overall insignificance of the event.
I can usually forgive instances of plot-armour, but this just bugged me for whatever reason.
It may be a little too early for me to be casting dispersions on any one character, but yeah, don't like him.

As a side-note, I also find it odd when giant mechs wield up-scaled versions of conventional weaponry. But I admit that this is probably something of an irrational hatred, because I'm aware that people really dig like sort of details.

Chronoexe

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 3

This is quickly becoming an elaborate house of cards, isn't it? I know it's going to go badly, but my morbid curiosity keeps me guessing as to how spectacularly it will all come crashing down. The narrative I mean, my own personal enjoyment is still very much intact!

Shinji, why is that I find you so inherently unlikeable? Admittedly, his reasons for being despondent are understandable (having basically been conscripted to pilot a gigantic death-machine), though he goes about it in such a maudlin way, I still found difficult to sympathize. Which extends to the closing moments of the battle, though it's clear to see why he breaks at this point, it's still pretty dumb when you consider the overall insignificance of the event.
I can usually forgive instances of plot-armour, but this just bugged me for whatever reason.
It may be a little too early for me to be casting dispersions on any one character, but yeah, don't like him.

As a side-note, I also find it odd when giant mechs wield up-scaled versions of conventional weaponry. But I admit that this is probably something of an irrational hatred, because I'm aware that people really dig like sort of details.

nobody likes Shinji, it's normal to hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom