• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Hyouka is garbage. Chuunibyo was much better.

ib02Jd8ejGGBV2.gif

Gintama - 29

Good job Sadaharu! Kyahoo!
The first part was good, I loved the Engrish in the two parts. Johnny! Maxwell!!
Oh here comes the baka ou...I mean the baka...baka uoji again. Health...health me.
The breakdown of
Kagura and Gintoki at the end of the second part was to much for me.

wonzo

Banned
Minami-ke 1

minami-ke1.jpg

This was a fairly nice, relaxing and most importantly, entertaining opening episode. Just the kinda thing I need for a headache really. Some great animation too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mouryou no Hako 4

Noooo, Kiba-san! Don't fall for this show's bullshit! You're our only connection with reality here!

I...

I give up. And this show is starting to seriously creep me out, haha.

Still, I'm having fun. I just wish they didn't throw around so many names all the time, because I'm having a hard time keeping up with them all.

Diebuster 6

Holy fuck, I'm glad I ran through this tonight. I can certainly appreciate why some might prefer this to Gunbuster. It actually mirrored my experience with Gunbuster as with that I was underwhelmed initially given how hyped it was only to be shown how I should have never doubted as the stakes and drama rose accordingly.

I'm rather hesitant to even compare the two despite the similarities as I think this is something of an excellent complementary work. I'd give Gunbuster a slight edge on it though and rank it out as Gunbuster > Diebuster >>>>>
Gurren Lagann

I may or may not have gotten teary eyed at that final scene even though I knew it was coming!!

Hell yah! I had no idea how they would match or top the effect of the first series' ending but oh man did they deliver! So goooood!

I'm really curious as to which reveal got you more
the name reveal or the ending reveal of what future this actually was?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chet, I got your PM, I'll reply to you later - so we can talk about how to make the boobs look even better. So please hold on okay?
The P in PM stand for private y'know...

Where there is l[insert something, there is Kayos?
They say when there are questions to be asked, there is kayos90.

Here's their pixiv profile.

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=208273[/spoiler]
Maybe I should get account for this place considering how much it is linked to.

Narag

Hell yah! I had no idea how they would match or top the effect of the first series' ending but oh man did they deliver! So goooood!

I'm really curious as to which reveal got you more
the name reveal or the ending reveal of what future this actually was?

Name as I knew about the ending reveal from years ago. That reveal would probably have been more of a kicker had I not known about it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But Penguindrum is the best show on that list.
I love Penguindrum and even I wouldn't make that assertion.
Diebuster 1

Definitely digging the style so far. I'd held off on this for years given the complaints I'd heard but I think I'm at the point where I can judge this on its own merits too.
Narag is a true Nonoriri.
HeartCatch Precure - 39

Leave it to Erika to try and use her Marine tact to clean up her room. :lol
It makes total sense though. Her tact can purify baddies, why can't it purify her room?
I thought precure was over...
Embrace the Precure takeover.
Diebuster 2

This is so wonderfully badass.
Super Nonoriri.
HeartCatch Precure - 40

Wait....waaaaaaaat?! (spoilers) :O

Can't even think right now, too tired. Heading to bed and I'll get back to this tomorrow.
Now you get why we say the Heartcatch baddies > Smile baddies.
Now hating Precure just doesn't make sense.
Chet, mah bro!
Diebuster 3

omg
when dix-neuf threw the cape off, i lost it :lol
and again when the quatre vingt dix woke up
Man, I had forgotten how fucking ridiculous some French numbers are.

Gintama - 30

This episode contains parodies of many police-detective drama and/or movies that I don't know and the manga/animes I know. It was enjoyable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Diebuster 4

That was unexpected. Which part? All of it. sogood
Think I just fangasm'd at the beginning of Diebuster 5. aaa
Somebody has been GAINAX'd!
Polar Bear Cafe 03

Working at the zoo is hard times.
Somebody should roast Panda-kun and feed him to the lions.
Diebuster 5

dat blackhole name.
the hell? I never realized where that horn came from.
FLCL bro.
Diebuster 6

Holy fuck, I'm glad I ran through this tonight. I can certainly appreciate why some might prefer this to Gunbuster. It actually mirrored my experience with Gunbuster as with that I was underwhelmed initially given how hyped it was only to be shown how I should have never doubted as the stakes and drama rose accordingly.

I'm rather hesitant to even compare the two despite the similarities as I think this is something of an excellent complementary work. I'd give Gunbuster a slight edge on it though and rank it out as Gunbuster > Diebuster >>>>>
Gurren Lagann

I may or may not have gotten teary eyed at that final scene even though I knew it was coming!!
You deserve to be granted true Nonoriri status. Nonoriri doesn't post here anymore anyway.
Penguindrum manga at this point? Needs more bears.

If this was posted before, don't mind me, I don't speak english.
Well that took a while. Now where are my bears?
Smile Precure END

I don't think I've ever seen that much crying in one episode of anime before. I'm surprised Pierrot didn't start.
You need to watch more classic Saint Seiya.
Rewatching the OP a bunch now.
That final scene in the OP where Nono flies away and leaves Lal'C behind was some foreshadowing and a half.
That part of the OP stuck out to me initially too and I can't get over how cool it is. It's pretty simply animated with just the rising Buster Machine, some smoke or steam, and the flashing lights but I guess it's the composition of the visual elements? Gainax pose, planetary backdrop, wings spanning the screen, what looks like a cape, and the alternating circular pattern of the lights just works for me.
I'm glad you were able to appreciate Diebuster for what it was and not on your memories of Gunbuster. It's pretty amazing. If only GAINAX/Anno had taken this approach with the Evangelion sequel/retelling/whatever the Rebuilds are...

Narag

I'm glad you were able to appreciate Diebuster for what it was and not on your memories of Gunbuster. It's pretty amazing. If only GAINAX/Anno had taken this approach with the Evangelion sequel/retelling/whatever the Rebuilds are...

I'm still holding out hope for that one. Then again I hoped about Fujiko Mine until the end too and now I'm all bitter about the matter.

Kotoura-san 03

Main MC is still the best (and ugliest) character in this show. I hope it doesn't become even more predictable like most other anime involving romance.

Narag

Is this part sarcasm/internet humourz? I've been reading so many kayos' posts that I can no longer tell. lol

I thought he said Gunbuster at first or I'd have said something myself. smh I was surprised when I looked into it further that that in itself was a nod to Getter Robo G.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's a very specific way of crossing your arms.
It's not the first GAINAX show to do it, and even then it's not something that started with them.
I thought he said Gunbuster at first or I'd have said something myself. smh I was surprised when I looked into it further that that in itself was a nod to Getter Robo G.
yup. Gotta love Anno and all geek things he loves because he's a geek.

Dresden

5 novels? That seems surprising to me considering how padded out episodes 3-8 were.

This is what they adapted, apparently:

vol.1
妖精さんたちの、ちきゅう (the fairies' earth ) 118 pg. - ep. 10
妖精さんの、あけぼの (the fairies' dawn?) 125 pg. - not animated

vol.2
人間さんの, じゃくにくきょうしょく (the humans' law of the jungle) 160 pg. - specials
妖精さんたちの, じかんかつようじゅつ (the fairies' time management) 151 pg. - ep. 7-8

vol.3
妖精さんの, おさとがえり (the fairies' homecoming) 299 pg. - ep. 5-6

vol.4
妖精さんの, ひみつのこうじょう (the fairies' secret factory) 120 pg. - ep. 1-2
妖精さんの, ひょうりゅうせいかつ (the fairies' survival skills) 127 pg. - ep. 9

vol.5
妖精さんの, ひみつのおちゃかい (the fairies' secret tea party) 166 pg. - ep. 11-12
妖精さんたちの、いちにちいちじかん (the fairies' one hour a day?) 133 pg. - not animated

vol.6 (i don't have the raws for this one)
妖精さんたち、すかいはい (the fairies' sky high) - not animated
妖精さんたちの, さぶかる (the fairies' subculture) - ep. 3-4

vol.7 - not animated

So yeah, a little over two volumes left uncovered. Maybe there would be more if Tanaka hadn't been working on that KEY game.

Bakuman S3 17

Good episode. First half was pretty 'meh', but the second half made up for it. It's pretty funny that Ashirogi's
new manga is so similar to Death Note.
Stick with what you're good at I guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iDOLM@STER best
I'm almost tempted to rewatch it now. HA HA!

Gintama - 26

Shinpachi has a sudden meeting with an old friend who has joined a gang. =_____=zzzz
The pay off of these early episodes are worth it. The character in this episodes results in one of my favourite episodes. But you have a long way to go before you get to that one.

It's like trying to submit an essay on time.
And yet you're posting here. C'mon son.

I'm betting either Jojo's or Hyouka will take the no. 1. I haven't seen Hyouka but I have seen a lot of discussion about it. Jojo's got a lot of single show voters behind it which could put it over the edge.
But I put all my money on Gakkatsu! winning!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Articalys is going to be so tired of tallying that by the time he comes to your post he'll have already filled the top ten results post with quotes from earlier posters. Plan backfire?
I'm not worried about quotes seeing as all the shows I voted for probably won't make the top 10.

Only regret is that I could not vote for Joshiraku more than once.
Too many shows I wanted to vote for/give exposure to. Some had to miss out and unfortunately Joshiraku was one of them. I posted an honourable mention though.

K-On! Movie

Damn that was beautiful.
Well it was set in London.

Somebody should roast Panda-kun and feed him to the lions.
And I thought my disliking of Panda was bad. Makes me feel bad that Bamboo Scramble is still one of my favourite EDs.

wonzo

Banned
This is what they adapted, apparently:

So yeah, a little over two volumes left uncovered. Maybe there would be more if Tanaka hadn't been working on that KEY game.
Hmm, Inguess they might have enough material when another volume comes out, though that may be stretching it a bit thin.

Branduil

Fate/Zero might be #5 in 2011, but it'll be #1 in 2012! WE WILL RETURN!!! :D

Can't believe Fate/Zero beat Wandering Son. Wtf.

Will duckroll's prediction in the 2011 AOTY results thread prove accurate, or will he be ducktrolled? Stay tuned to find out.

Hmm, Inguess they might have enough material when another volume comes out, though that may be stretching it a bit thin.

I took a quick peek at volume 3, and it's entire the fairies' homecoming and 5~6 page on little drawings on how to create a tea dragon. Tea dragons are very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom