• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

This final arc would be a lot more enjoyable for you if you just accepted the children already.

I think you meant to say the final arc would be a lot more enjoyable for me if the children were dead already. Which is true.

Eureka Seven 46

"Can I touch them?" For a boy who hasn't even had his first kiss, we're getting awfully fresh here, aren't we Renton? Also, something I've realized in this episode is that it has been some time since the last time Renton narrated for his sister. All in all, not a bad episode.

Dresden

Say hello to the future of anime.

***,*43位/***,*43位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/05/24 13/01 Yama no Susume
***,*69位/***,*69位 ★ (**2,770 pt) [*,*35予約] 13/03/22 13/01 Love Live
***,137位/***,137位 ★ (**2,620 pt) [*,*46予約] 13/03/27 13/01 Vividred
***,159位/***,153位 ★ (***,391 pt) [*,*10予約] 13/03/06 13/01 GJ Bu
***,180位/***,180位 ★ (**1,227 pt) [*,**7予約] 13/03/20 13/01 Tamako

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think you meant to say the final arc would be a lot more enjoyable for me if the children were dead already. Which is true.

Eureka Seven 46

"Can I touch them?" For a boy who hasn't even had his first kiss, we're getting awfully fresh here, aren't we Renton? Also, something I've realized in this episode is that it has been some time since the last time Renton narrated for his sister. All in all, not a bad episode.

But it's so pretty.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nice, now I can watch this without watching that movie! :D
Wreck-It Ralph is good though!
HeartCatch Precure - 41

Erika should really look into doing puppet shows as a part time job after her Precure duties are over.
Best filler episode after the homework one.
Eureka Seven 46

"Can I touch them?" For a boy who hasn't even had his first kiss, we're getting awfully fresh here, aren't we Renton?
I can remember making the same mistake when getting my first kiss.

uh i mean that's bad

Anime is saved!

You guys need to do another all time list.

Yes, that would be good.

Okay, pretty good year this year. Nothing disgusting in the top 10.

I'm kind of shocked that From the New World is so high.

Yeah, it's a pretty good list this year. No Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai or anything like that.

I wish From the New World was even higher, though. It should have easily been in the Top 5.

Okay, here are the quick-and-dirty top ten results adjusted to exclude AnimeGAF.

1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 291
2. Kids on the Slope - 188
3. Fate/Zero S2 - 175
4. Hyouka - 171
5. (tie) Space Brothers, Sword Art Online - 125
7. (tie) Chihayafuru, Girls und Panzer - 108
9. (tie) Hunter x Hunter 2011, Tsuritama - 100

My math could be messed up, but this is what I ended up getting.

Dodged a bullet there.

At least Chihayafuru made that list, though.

How late? R;N is like episode 11 or something.

Stuff starts happening in Hyouka by Episode 4.

Digimon Tamers

I think I like the dub better than the sub for once. 17 episodes in and while its been slow, the plot is picking up again. There are some jokes in the sub that weren't in the dub but other than that the dub was pretty much the original in english.

Ugh. The Tamers dub was fucking awful, and barely even resembled the Japanese version.

cajunator

Banned
Anime is saved!

Yes, that would be good.

Yeah, it's a pretty good list this year. No Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai or anything like that.

I wish From the New World was even higher, though. It should have easily been in the Top 5.

Dodged a bullet there.

At least Chihayafuru made that list, though.

Stuff starts happening in Hyouka by Episode 4.

Ugh. The Tamers dub was fucking awful, and barely even resembled the Japanese version.

If by stuff happening in Hyouka you mean a few revelations are made. but not much in the way of action or events.

If by stuff happening in Hyouka you mean a few revelations are made. but not much in the way of action or events.

I would consider that to be 'stuff happening'. We get important revelations, and the characters start developing out and we find out more about them. How isn't that 'stuff happening'?

No, there aren't ten minute long fight sequences, but it was certainly enough stuff happening for my taste.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 16

Definitely better than the first cultural fair episode. In fact, so far the theme of this second "season" has been to take plots from the first season and just do them much, much better.

Also, Penguin Chiyo.

Tamako's Market 4
tumblr_mhgodi3u3P1rgjzczo1_r1_500.gif

Significant improvement over the previous episode. Mochizou getting more than twenty seconds of screentime really made this a standout episode over the previous. Honestly, it feels as if the staff is finally getting their heads in the game and are willing to correct their mistakes of inadvertently creating a boring anime into something worth watching. If only they can keep on the path of involving those awesome new characters and fleshing out their plot
the boy in the blue jacket need involvement instead of being ejected to cram school, and megane getting involved and succeeding there was really touching and sweet, kid romance is kind of kawaii

Defuser

Anko Market ep 4

Somebody like the geek boy instead of the cool looking one? SHOCKING!

Oh, Tamako being bloody dense. Mochizou and Midori am cry.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Best filler episode after the homework one.

I forgot to mention the awesome animation they had for the fight scene, but yeah, was great!

====================

HeartCatch Precure - 42

I give the little kid credit for being a man and
confessing his feelings
, but he better watch his back for trying to mess with one of my OTPs!

In other news,
Dark Precure is back
and shit just got real!

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 38

Not much to say about this episode.
The senshi find out about a skiing contest that declares the winner "Moon Princess" since the name of the skii resort is moon themed. Of course as anyone could guess this is yet another plot by Kunzite. They even drag along Yuichiro.
They go skiing on this white stuff that I have never seen before called "snow". It looks rather interesting. I wonder if it really exists?

Sora no Woto 12-13 END (rewatch)

That most definitely got the SAO taste out of my mouth. I absolutely love this series, and the ending makes me depressed because there's so many things a second season could do BUT IT NEVER WILL.

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto 12-13 END (rewatch)

That most definitely got the SAO taste out of my mouth. I absolutely love this series, and the ending makes me depressed because there's so many things a second season could do BUT IT NEVER WILL.

Welcome to the club of happysad people who loved Sora no woto and realize that no more of it is ever ever being made. Ever.

Theonik

In what way did it contradict the show, again? I don't recall that at all.
Salamander is shown on the show sort of helping dune where in the movie he hates dune's guts. There is also a major "filler happening in time limbo" inconsistency thing going on. I had a discussion on it with 7th on IRC before when I first watched it and can't recall exact details but I guess I can look at logs.

Crest of the Stars

Episode 12

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8emovn4vO1r8ptsao1_500.jpg

More detailed comments later.
Hurry up and get to Banner of the Stars/Banner II for more Spoor awesome!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
How many OTPs do you have? Are they OTPs if they stop being unique? lulz

Dark Precure x Cure Moonlight (awesome #hatelovin' potential)
Erika x Tsubomi
Tsubomi x Itsuki
Yuri x Momoka

But what about fashion ??

That's why I said part time!

There is never enough OTPs

Preach it!

=======================

HeartCatch Precure - 43

uB6qUOs.png

Erika admiring her love's passion for flowers

Tsubomi is going to be
a big sis?
Kudos!

I don't know why, but the little kids in HeartCatch are so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom