• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
what exactly inspired you to make THAT thread? you know the one.

The what? The butt cleaning thread?

If you must know I realized I got the wrong shower head. I wanted a handheld detachable one and got a static one. Then I was wondering what other people do. I've heard people using; no washcloth, a washcloth, two washcloths and one specifically for that, and using just water, so I was a bit curious.

Narag

There just isnt enough yanderezawa to hold my interest anymore :(

It'd be fine if they avoided the weird momentum breaking infodumps, the terrible action, the cast explosion, etc. Basically everything that made it bad. I really liked the personal Aladdin and Mor focused eps before Balbadd, it's been dumb ever since.

And why the hell isn't Sinbad doing thangs? Showing those jackass thieves regret what they did once an episode is only twisting the knife stuck in the back of my anticipation.

cajunator

Banned
The what? The butt cleaning thread?

If you must know I realized I got the wrong shower head. I wanted a handheld detachable one and got a static one. Then I was wondering what other people do. I've heard people using; no washcloth, a washcloth, two washcloths and one specifically for that, and using just water, so I was a bit curious.

I suppose that's a viable curiosity though perhaps unintentially humorous.

So, how many of the shows that you voted for made it into the top ten?

6/10 for me, having voted for Smile, Code:Breaker, Sengoku Collection, and Nichibros. That's a small improvement over last year's 5/10.

Are we perhaps the only two people in the world who voted for Sengoku Collection?

I think from this moment on, whenever I see your avartarless name, my heart will skip a beat.

Gundam AGE Episode 22 or "Family Feud"
hing really happened apart from shouting, lasers and the occasional 'I'm going to kill you'.

Zeheart did pose a good question though. Why is Asemu fighting?

Wait i'm gonna answer this one !

Why is Ase------ Wait there is no answer to this question !!

Saint Seiya Omega

Just end already!

Man the animation is decent and the fight was alright but wow did the plot nosedive into hell. Just a few more episodes hopefully.

Digimon Tamers

I think I like the dub better than the sub for once. 17 episodes in and while its been slow, the plot is picking up again. There are some jokes in the sub that weren't in the dub but other than that the dub was pretty much the original in english.

Theonik

I think you are being too harsh on it. The movie is just like another episode of the show featuring a filler character, except with the sakuga to back it up.
It doesn't help it that it contradicts the show's events and that scene
where they almost certainly shoehorned the filler characters in the show to promote the movie.

What the fuck did I miss? Kayo~
Amended.

Finally, she came in! It was quite the delay, but looks really good, so no complaints.
That certainly took a while. Still waiting for my Akari. Damnable SAL.

Wait, so
does that mean the Desert Generals, Sasorina, Kumojacky, and Cobraja are just wilted heart flowers that left their real bodies to take forms of their own?
That's also my take on it anyway. So I would say yes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sakurasou 16:

Mashiro started the show as a quirky, interesting character. She was an oddball of the highest order, but that made her interesting. Now she's just a boring character. All she does is try to follow whatever Nanami does in order to try and find her way into Sorata's heart. It's frustrating watching her become so goddamn boring. :mad:

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sakurasou 16:

Mashiro started the show as a quirky, interesting character. She was an oddball of the highest order, but that made her interesting. Now she's just a boring character. All she does is try to follow whatever Nanami does in order to try and find her way into Sorata's heart. It's frustrating watching her become so goddamn boring. :mad:

I think she's still rather interesting. She still has her quirks and has new quirks because of her feelings for Sorata. Much better Nanashit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think she's still rather interesting. She still has her quirks and has new quirks because of her feelings for Sorata. Much better Nanashit.

Maybe it's because she's just not really the focus anymore, every time I see her she's complaining how Sorata treats Nanami differently and then goes to copy. Hopefully she strikes out on her own thing again. ^^;

kayos90

Maybe it's because she's just not really the focus anymore, every time I see her she's complaining how Sorata treats Nanami differently and then goes to copy. Hopefully she strikes out on her own thing again. ^^;

She did this episode. Did you miss the hair drying part?

OceanBlue

I don't want to switch avatars this week :(. I said I would switch every week, but this week's Tamako Market wasn't as visually impressive as last week's and the shots of Tamako aren't as cute this week. It was still a very nice episode even though I thought the last one was better. I'm tempted to use an avatar for the grandpa...

It's why I enjoy talking with my friends about anime, because they don't have such skewed views, don't know studios, staff or animators, or constantly call shows shit, etc. They just like to watch something that is entertains them, and that makes it really easy to talk with them about shows when every conversation isn't an uphill battle of tastes and opinions, and they make me realize not to take things so seriously all the time.

A bunch of them actually came to me last year asking me about Fate/Zero and Darker than Black because they had the kind of action they were interested in. I even found a friend who watched the original Jojo that was surprised they were making a new one and decided to start watching this one.

Ah, my friends have been watching anime a lot longer than I have and they watch a lot more than I do, so more than likely they're the ones telling me about things.

As for me, I enjoy both. I have fun participating in the odd discussion on AnimeGAF (I've been too busy to have a good conversation lately), whether it's about staff, sakuga, or episode impressions. I also enjoy the conversations I have with my friends as well, even though they tend to be more about vague feelings and standout moments rather than a complete analysis. They both provide interesting perspectives and I think they're both very enlightening. I tend to only participate in conversations I enjoy though, so that might have a little to do with it, lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It doesn't help it that it contradicts the show's events and that scene
where they almost certainly shoehorned the filler characters in the show to promote the movie.
In what way did it contradict the show, again? I don't recall that at all.
HeartCatch Precure - 40 (Rewatch)

Wait, so
does that mean the Desert Generals, Sasorina, Kumojacky, and Cobraja are just wilted heart flowers that left their real bodies to take forms of their own?
My take is that Sabaaku took the wilted flowers from their hearts and created those monsters, leaving the originals comatose.

CorvoSol

Death to Eureka's curs 45

So an emotional scene that finally convinces me that Renton x Eureka is great, RUINED BY EUREKA'S EMO TWO YEAR OLD WITH A SHOTGUN EVEN RENTON SAID WAS HEAVY. Then he LITERALLY SETS ABOUT TELLING US ALL THE REASONS I HAVE ALWAYS LISTED FOR HATING HIM and finishes it off by cutting himself.

Oh, and some cool stuff with Holland and rousing speeches.

But seriously, Maurice is awful.

Gundam AGE Episode 23-24 or "If you do nothing, nothing will happen."

Zeheart has a friendly chat with Asemu at the lake. If Asemu stops fighting, they can be friends, if not well...

Romary notices that the chat is escalating and steps in. This is good because at this point Zeheart has whipped out a gun. Asemu is jealous of Zeheart getting the attention from Romary and tackles him.

I now know why Asemu is fighting. It's a very stupid reason.

So Flit at this present time is trying to copy Char's famous scene in the bar. Only this time Grodek is here, nice to see him again!

Hold on, what's this?
Grodek died in an alleyway!? A dishonourable death? Yep that kid from when he killed Mr 1st Vegan Big Boss killed him. What's more funny is then he dies to some suits who hired him. Grodek then deletes his intel so Flit doesn't know. I wonder if that's a bad thing or not?

Anyway there was also mobile suit battles. Asemu got the Double Shot which makes him blow up multiple mobile suits easier. Then he blows up multiple mobile suits.

Next Episode: Asemu gets a new and exciting
helmet

kayos90

Death to Eureka's curs 46

So an emotional scene that finally convinces me that Renton x Eureka is great, RUINED BY EUREKA'S EMO TWO YEAR OLD WITH A SHOTGUN EVEN RENTON SAID WAS HEAVY. Then he LITERALLY SETS ABOUT TELLING US ALL THE REASONS I HAVE ALWAYS LISTED FOR HATING HIM and finishes it off by cutting himself.

Oh, and some cool stuff with Holland and rousing speeches.

But seriously, Maurice is awful.

RentonxEureka scenes in the fourth arc really really really nice.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 16
tumblr_mhfg0xqXCO1qil2luo2_500.gif

Sorata was so funny but the biggest highlight for me was just the whole start of the episode, after 15 episodes...it was so rewarding.
to be closer to finally having his dream realized and getting this game to take off, sure the original idea wasnt accepted but at least he can work hand in hand with someone to make it more feasible and less costly. So glad he is finally succeeded...now if Jin can too then all the non gifted will finally succeed.

cajunator

Banned
When I first heard about Utena and saw pictures I wasl ike WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? Its such a unique show. Ever tried to explain it to someone?
"uhhh so yeah theres this girl who wants to be a prince. she goes to this prestigious school where they duel with swords on impossible architecture in beds of roses to japanese orchestral metal music for a girl called the Rose Bride"

Syrinx

When I first heard about Utena and saw pictures I wasl ike WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? Its such a unique show. Ever tried to explain it to someone?
"uhhh so yeah theres this girl who wants to be a prince. she goes to this prestigious school where they duel with swords on impossible architecture in beds of roses to japanese orchestral metal music for a girl called the Rose Bride"

And, only being 4 episodes in, I expect there's a lot more to it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom