• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Flit Asuno is a Horrible Father and Human Being 36

REASONS: "Kio was going to become the savior to end this war and he was snatched right in front of us!"

Not: "I put my grandson in a weapon of war and now he is in enemy hands and it is literally all my own damn fault!"

REASONS: "You're a pirate now! I can't trust you!"

Not: "My stubbornness and pride has created a rift between me and my only son. Even my daughter is trying to get me to admit how awful I am but I really won't!"

Also, HOW DUMB CAN THE VILLAINS IN THIS GOSH DURN SHOW BE?

CHOICE: Do I capture the state of the art Gundam piloted by some dumb kid x-rounderx-rounderx-rounder, or do I capture THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE GUNDAM AND IS LEADING THIS GENOCIDAL CRUSADE AGAINST MY PEOPLE?

I mean REALLY. How in the heck is the Gundam AGE-3 more valuable than the man who invented the Gundam, the AGE system, and has spear-headed the war against you for GENERATIONS? HOW DOES XEHANORT NOT CAPTURE HIM? HOW DID THEY NOT ASSASSINATE HIM WHEN THEY HAD THE CHANCE TO DO JUST THAT? HOW HAS FLIT MANAGED TO LIVE A RELATIVELY QUIET LIFE WHEN HE OUGHT TO BE TARGET NUMBER ONE FOR THE VAGAN?

If Flit's mother ISN'T leading the Vagan, I don't know who is, because that they are acting in Flit's best interest is made more and more apparent with EVERY step of the way.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Welp, I know what I'm watching in April.

Jw6r5x4.jpg

cajunator

Banned

Thats rather impressive!

We'd already be to Okeanos if AnimeGAF was a big last Winter as it is this Winter. I mean, come on, we had:

• Kanna vs. Ichika warz
  • initial speculation and then endless laughs over Another spiraling into absurdity
  • PapaKiki making people really uncomfortable
  • Amagami SS+ waifu wars
  • BRS. Just........BRS.
  • ABF making ten-thousand word posts about Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Nisemonogatari meltdowns
  • MARU

It was an incredibly lively season, just among fewer people.

Indeed that was an AWESOME season.

Milamber

One thing I truly enjoy of new seasons are the 'dark horse' type of anime's. I wonder what spring may bring that completely shatters expectations.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Flit Asuno is a Horrible Father and Human Being 36

REASONS: "Kio was going to become the savior to end this war and he was snatched right in front of us!"

Not: "I put my grandson in a weapon of war and now he is in enemy hands and it is literally all my own damn fault!"

REASONS: "You're a pirate now! I can't trust you!"

Not: "My stubbornness and pride has created a rift between me and my only son. Even my daughter is trying to get me to admit how awful I am but I really won't!"

Also, HOW DUMB CAN THE VILLAINS IN THIS GOSH DURN SHOW BE?

CHOICE: Do I capture the state of the art Gundam piloted by some dumb kid x-rounderx-rounderx-rounder, or do I capture THE MAN WHO INVENTED THE GUNDAM AND IS LEADING THIS GENOCIDAL CRUSADE AGAINST MY PEOPLE?

I mean REALLY. How in the heck is the Gundam AGE-3 more valuable than the man who invented the Gundam, the AGE system, and has spear-headed the war against you for GENERATIONS? HOW DOES XEHANORT NOT CAPTURE HIM? HOW DID THEY NOT ASSASSINATE HIM WHEN THEY HAD THE CHANCE TO DO JUST THAT? HOW HAS FLIT MANAGED TO LIVE A RELATIVELY QUIET LIFE WHEN HE OUGHT TO BE TARGET NUMBER ONE FOR THE VAGAN?

If Flit's mother ISN'T leading the Vagan, I don't know who is, because that they are acting in Flit's best interest is made more and more apparent with EVERY step of the way.

14 more to go bro. Only 14 more to go.

Someone tell me about Toradora. I picked up some manga and think it's pretty amusing.

Greatest love story ever told. Guy who gets mistaken for a delinquent because of his looks gets involved with a short (Wa ha ha) tempered girl. They both like each other's respective best friend, and they try to help each other out. Hijinks ensue, Taiga is mai waifu.

Jintor

I realised I like stories where people look kinda like things they're not, so those delinquent stories always get me. (Angel Densetsu is hilarious).

Guess I'll pick up some Toradora

Gintama - 68

Oh, they actually had and episode that week.
Otae is very bad wit scary things...VERY, and Hedero too. lol
"Ochi dakara, namae ga Ochi dakara".
Next Fuyou arc.

Jintor

By the way I flicked through some Yuki-chan. It's kind of weird how much more tolerable Haruhi becomes when she's not the main character, lol

Theonik

Perfect Blue
That was certainly something. The way the the overall direction, the tension and pacing of the film were all very impressive. Of particular note was the way by which foreshadowing was woven between the TV show and the actual reality as well as other fine details around that were used, to deliver several neat, well toned twists and cases of red herrings which as a viewer kept me interested throughout. Also holy shit.

Kagami

Sometimes I think I should request a username change because a.) having a Bebop reference for a username makes me feel like a tryhard and b.) I ended up pigeonholing myself as a mahou shoujo addict, which is completely at odds with the name.
Pierrot was once synonymous with magical girls!

ifYA2LCjMx3NO.jpg

iWHW048FNyuL7.jpg

Hyouka 10
L7Kfuev.jpg

The prodigy also seems to be quite talented too!
There they are!
She could be a character in Senran Kagura!
Irisu plays Oreki like a fiddle. She's pretty amazing at it too. She certainly has a talent for it. So she gets him to try and work out the movie, but he lets her charms get in the way and he forgets one pretty important clue from the last episode. This is why Mayaka is better than you Oreki.
This arc is 100% better than the incredibly lame uncle mystery, which doesn't really mean much, but I like it.
DFzONWI.png

Kazzy is scaring me.

Jintor

I don't like any of the manga interpretations of Kyon though. The only one that gets away with it is Haruhi-chan and that's because the art's all super deformed anyway

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hyouka 10

There they are!
She could be a character in Senran Kagura!
Irisu plays Oreki like a fiddle. She's pretty amazing at it too. She certainly has a talent for it. So she gets him to try and work out the movie, but he lets her charms get in the way and he forgets one pretty important clue from the last episode. This is why Mayaka is better than you Oreki.
This arc is 100% better than the incredibly lame uncle mystery, which doesn't really mean much, but I like it.

Her face looks derp in that picture for some reason...

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 37

For a moment I liked this episode. Then I realized I liked it because I had seen half of it in an episode of Eureka Seven. Except in that version, it wasn't children acting like grown ups, but actual grown ups, because Eureka Seven isn't for babies.

Still, I confess that painting Ezelcant as sympathetic, and having him educate Kio on who and what the Vagan are is halfway to a decent idea for this show. If Kio switches sides to the Vagan and betrays everything Flit ever worked for, I will recant several of the things I said about this show.

HOWEVER. Something I should like to point out as idiotic beyond all else. Mars doesn't radiate anything. Why yes, EARTH radiates heat but EARTH is a living planet. Mars has been dead for some time now. It has no reason to radiate, so it shouldn't have Mars Rays. SECOND, the proposal that said rays are magnetic, and that magnetic storms make people fatally ill but not in an immediate way is stupid. Why would magnetic storms give you some manner of sickness. I guess maybe cancer I dunno I'm not an oncologist or whatever, but the Vagan are supposed to be a smart enough people to know what cancer is.

And I still don't buy this EXADB thing. For starters who would ever call something that important an EXADB? Second, how would the ancients have hidden the technology for such advanced mobile suits as the show claims when 1)Euba and Zalam are still carrying on this war with mobile suits allegedly inherited from said ancients that do not seem nearly so powerful and 2)removing such military technology FROM THE ENTIRE WORLD without having someone keep it for themselves while at the same time retaining the technology necessary for Martian and Spacial colonization is just plain stupid.

Beyond that, though, the Vagan have enough resources to maintain all their colonies, build ships capable of making the trip between Earth and Mars in less than the two years current technology stipulates, and mass-produce an army of many different mecha and warships. The sheer amount of resources necessary to wage this war make the sorry state in which Ezelcant's own people live highly questionable. Furthermore, the mecha used by the Vagan are radically different from the ones used by the Euba and Zalam, and have changed significantly over the course of the series, suggesting they're more than capable of designing their own mecha.

So tell me again, Hino, why did the Vagan NEED this database of outdated weaponry?

If the Vagan weren't such an incompetent people, yet would I root for them. And was portraying the capitol city of the Vagan as a slum in Agrabah supposed to be some manner of social commentary, or what?

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 38

Did Kio just give away Gundam technology for medicine that Ezelcant ought to be supplying to his people anyway? HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT. Oh my gosh, I cannot WAIT to see Flit's face when finds out.
I hate every time I see Flit's face.

How is Lord Ezelcant so young? He's been around since BEFORE Flit. How is his WIFE so young?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YOUNG LOVERS I ALMOST CARE.

NO I DON'T I HATE EVERY SECOND OF THIS SHOW. OH NO A FRIENDSHIP/ROMANCE MONTAGE UUUUUGH.

Oh hey Asemu and his bisexual pirates are gonna rescue Kio from his friendship just before the girl dies!

These two episodes have probably been the only enjoyable episodes in the ENTIRE series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom